Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherham_red

What a load of nonsense You give this squad to any decent manager and we would perform much better. Now it is the players who are to blame because they do not how to play football in a way we can pass to each other? These are all International players apart from Pereira. They know how to pass to each other. It is the fact that their coach does not know how to get them to play football. It is all get the ball to Martial or Rashford and hope they do something. It is a lottery.
What 3 years or 6 transfer windows he needs? He is trying to get young British players. He is saying this because no world class or potential world class players are going to come to United to play in a mid table team and to be coached by an incompetent manager. Even his ex player Haarland refused to come.
Yeah cos the last 7 fecking years have shown that, haven't they? :houllier:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
A lot of the Ole haters cited Ancelotti as being able to get Everton playing great football with a “style” after two weeks. Look at them now, their “style” is shite, this performance has been embarrassing. Let’s sack Ole and bring in Ancelotti, because it’s more fun playing shit football under an “experienced” manager instead of an inexperienced manager. If anything, this game vindicates then Ole supporters. You can’t polish a turd.
Exactly. If Everton had taken some of their simple chances you would get the same posters saying "look how good Everton are after two weeks with a top manager".

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The Liverpool game against Everton should be a big slap in the face with a fish for Ole's supporters. They play their C team and are better against the first Everton team. Just proves what a good manager can do meanwhile we are stuck with this pseudo manager who apparently only needs 5 more transfer windows to win 2 games in a row. Joke.
To be fair, they could field their side from 1952 and still get a least a draw against Everton at Anfield.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
First I don't really remember anyone who wanted Carlo to manage us.

Second and more importantly, Ole is an experienced manager. He has been managing for +10 years. This point doesn't count.
Definitely didn't want Carlo as has been pointed out he doesn't build teams. Ole is the managerial version of Jesse Lingard. Forever young.

DomesticTadpole

Exactly. If Everton had taken some of their simple chances you would get the same posters saying "look how good Everton are after two weeks with a top manager".
Except they wouldn't because Everton have a complete mental block. Carlo needs to bring a hypnotist in.

El Zoido

First I don't really remember anyone who wanted Carlo to manage us.

Second and more importantly, Ole is an experienced manager. He has been managing for +10 years. This point doesn't count.
You haven’t been paying attention then, because I’ve seen tons of comments of people going on about how “Carlo transformed Everton in two weeks” as a way of having a dig at Ole. I always want us to win, but I’ll take a grim pleasure watching Ole’s success or failing just as bad, which he absolutely will.

el3mel

You haven’t been paying attention then, because I’ve seen tons of comments of people going on about how “Carlo transformed Everton in two weeks” as a way of having a dig at Ole. I always want us to win, but I’ll take a grim pleasure watching Ole’s success or failing just as bad, which he absolutely will.
That doesn't mean anyone actually wanted him to manage us. Everyone know he's way past his best even if he did well at Everton. Anyway we're currently playing mostly poor football under an experienced coach, so yeah your point here doesn't count that's my point. We're not hiring an Arteta or Lampard who have less than 1 year of experience as a manager. We have a manager who has been managing for +10 years and his career has nothing to look at.

El Zoido

That doesn't mean anyone actually wanted him to manage us. Everyone know he's way past his best even if he did well at Everton. Anyway we're currently playing mostly poor football under an experienced coach, so yeah your point here doesn't count that's my point. We're not hiring an Arteta or Lampard who have less than 1 year of experience as a manager. We have a manager who has been managing for +10 years and his career has nothing to look at.
I disagree that he’s an experienced coach, he has no experience at this level. Molde doesn’t count in the slightest, it means nothing compared to a behemoth such as United. Neither does 5 months at a team that was already relegated. Lampard’s year at a Derby County is FAR more valuable as experience for this level as any amount of time at Molde.

DomesticTadpole

I disagree that he’s an experienced coach, he has no experience at this level. Molde doesn’t count in the slightest, it means nothing compared to a behemoth such as United. Neither does 5 months at a team that was already relegated. Lampard’s year at a Derby County is FAR more valuable as experience for this level as any amount of time at Molde.
Which makes our decision to hire him staggering.

el3mel

He managed Cardiff in Championship after they got relegated though and they were about to get relegated to League One as well before getting sacked, and the next manager managed to finish 11th. After that no one at that level decided to touch him till us, so he didn't manage much at this level because he failed miserably there in his experiment, not because he's a new manager.

Owner Vincent Tan said: "Ole was hired by Cardiff City on our understanding and belief that he would help us fight relegation from the Barclays Premier League.

"After the club was relegated, many people advised me to let him go, but I decided to keep Ole on for the Championship season.

"Regrettably our recent results do not justify Ole's continued role as manager at Cardiff."

Tan described Solskjaer as an "honest and hard-working professional" but added: "Unfortunately the football results were not in his favour."
Quotes look familiar to our situation for me, especially the last line.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The Liverpool game against Everton should be a big slap in the face with a fish for Ole's supporters. They play their C team and are better against the first Everton team. Just proves what a good manager can do meanwhile we are stuck with this pseudo manager who apparently only needs 5 more transfer windows to win 2 games in a row. Joke.
Klopp's FA cup record should be a big slap in the face for the mental gymnasts. A pseudo manager made it further in the cup on his first attempt than Klopp ever has done since 15/16.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He managed Cardiff in Championship after they got relegated though and they were about to get relegated to League One as well before getting sacked, and the next manager managed to finish 11th. After that no one at that level decided to touch him till us, so he didn't manage much at this level because he failed miserably there in his experiment, not because he's a new manager.

Quotes look familiar to our situation for me, especially the last line.
No doubt solskjaer knows a lot about tactics, managing etc but knowledge about something is one thing and implementing it in reality is another

Stadjer

Which makes our decision to hire him staggering.
He was purely hired based on the good results he had before becoming a permanent manager. After that PSG game Lukaku for example was saying that Ole should be permanent manager and all the fans were singing "Ole at the wheel". Also in the media all ex players and Ole's ex teammates were saying he should be hired. Woodward might have felt pressured to give him a contract.

I wasnt against Ole as manager but i still dont understand why Woodward couldnt have waited to make it permanent. There really was no need to hurry because other clubs didnt want Ole and if they did he would never have picked any other club over Manchester United anyway.

dove

Klopp's FA cup record should be a big slap in the face for the mental gymnasts. A pseudo manager made it further in the cup on his first attempt than Klopp ever has done since 15/16.

Well feck me, this is exactly a missing piece in puzzle to convince me that Ole > Klopp. I think we should offer him a contract extension just to make a statement.

Mainoldo

I take everything back.... if I only knew he managed to eclipse Klopp’s FA Cup record. I would have showed him my respect. Give him time and 600£m

passing-wind

Ole's win ratio should just be seen as this season and be done with it. He had enough time to get his team playing his style and had a transfer window. I dont know what his win ratio this season is though.

My issue with the Ole believers is that the team will never be good enough to them. We wont have 11 world class players, you have to make some and improve the squad partially via coaching, something i dont see him doing.
This post is how fans should realistically perceive hindsight. The assumption that Ole will get it perfectly right with time is like saying the more scratch cards someone buys the more they are destined to win the lottery without fail.

Solskjaer is already dommed long term because he's failing the MINIMAL short term objectives at present. I know the glazers / Woodward have been offering the notion that he'll be given time but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them sack Ole at the end of the season.

I'll stand by what I've said since the seasons inception, if we got top four Ole deserves his tenure because he would have earned his time. If we fail to get a champions league qualification he must be shown the door.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The noggie fans on here are way too emotional when discussing Ole.
Which ones? Most of us realise he's out of his depth. The only reason I'm slightly reluctant to sack him right now is the simple fact that Woodward will be picking the replacement and I have zero trust in him doing anything right. That has nothing to do with nationality or emotions.

The emotional ones are those that bring up unrelated events just so they can rant in this thread. These are actual examples:

I love how every time something completely unrelated happens in the football world people come on here just to rant about how much Ole sucks.

"Norwich beat City. Ole sucks"
"Southampton conceded 9 goals. Ole sucks"
"Bayern sacked Kovac. Ole sucks"
"Thiago Motta has imprinted his ideas on Genoa in 3 matches. Ole sucks"
"Ajax attacked with 9 men. Ole sucks"
And there have been endless examples since this quoted post, with "Liverpool C played better than Everton" being the latest.

90 + 5min

If anybody needs any evidence as to why Ole is not good enough, they only need to look at Liverpool’s performance today. A team of unknowns, and they’re clearly coached well and know exactly what they need to do against Everton. It’s not down to pure luck. The tactics and coaching are there to be seen. Winning against Everton’s strongest 11.

Yet our strongest 11, under Ole, can’t beat the likes of Newcastle, Watford and, wait for it, Everton’s strongest 11 who are currently being schooled by Liverpool’s B team.

I’m sick to the back teeth of the pathetic excuses the Ole In brigade keep regurgitating.
Message to Ole.

Watch Klopp. On his feet the entire time, even with kids out on the field. Not sitting on his arse
So now it is Solskjaers fault that our team / club don't have to much youngsters that have developed well last 2/3 years. One more wierd, cheep punch that Anti-Ole brigade is coming with. What is next?

::sonny::

He is slow in understanding the things, like the whole club

He needs too time to understand basic things (Lingard can’t play even in league one, Romero is better than De Gea, Williams is better than Shaw, Greenwood has to be a regular starter, Lewitt/Gardner/Gomes/Chong deserves more space than Lingard, Mata, Pereira, Matic).

He doesn’t ask player ffs, I remember Capello, Mancini and Conte now insulting every day their board on the newpapers for not bringing what they wants.

- I remember Mancini said that Branca (Inter former technical director that was an idiot)

- Conte in every press conference blame the club for not moving enough on the market

I can say that he is already finished as a manager at this level, main reasons:

- zero charisma
- passive personality
- slow learner
- lack of passion
- poor and loser mentality

Utd7

What has Ole accomplished in his career to warrant the club and supporters giving him time and multiple transfer windows to build a squad? We shouldn’t be asked to blindly trust him because he’s a former player who understands the club’s ideology and ethos. We need someone who has proven they can build a team.

clarkydaz

wow, didn't realise he stayed on and Cardiff still nosedived. I bet Ed didn't either :eek:

billybee99

So your saying that we have a manager with zero experience at top level. Which makes your faith in him completely blind.

DomesticTadpole

Which ones? Most of us realise he's out of his depth. The only reason I'm slightly reluctant to sack him right now is the simple fact that Woodward will be picking the replacement and I have zero trust in him doing anything right. That has nothing to do with nationality or emotions.

The emotional ones are those that bring up unrelated events just so they can rant in this thread. These are actual examples:

And there have been endless examples since this quoted post, with "Liverpool C played better than Everton" being the latest.
Think that is most people worry. I have doubts about Poch that most seem to want, just not sure about him at all.

Paul_Scholes18

I take everything back.... if I only knew he managed to eclipse Klopp’s FA Cup record. I would have showed him my respect. Give him time and 600£m
Well LVG won the Fa cup. Mourinho has won it with Chelsea and the league cup with us. Moyes reached Fa cup final with Everton. Should never have sacked any of them.

Robbie Boy

I've just noticed most Norwegian fans on here tend to be overly defensive of him. Yeah, for sure there are some stupid opinions but that's across both sets of the divide. I've seen some utter drivel about how he's apparently doing a great job etc.

I want him out but I'm not going to run around like a hysterical diva about it. Truth be told, I think he looks totally and utterly out of his depth and I can't see this working whatsoever. Problem is, as you alluded to, I have no faith in the current regime to go and make a rationally thought out appointment to succeed Ole. We need a modern, progressive manager but I have zero faith we're capable of appointing one. Nevertheless, it's not really an excuse to keep on a manager who is out of his depth and hasn't made any significant improvements to our style of play or results.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So now it is Solskjaers fault that our team / club don't have to much youngsters that have developed well last 2/3 years. One more wierd, cheep punch that Anti-Ole brigade is coming with. What is next?
Keep deluding yourself. It’ll work out just fine

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've just noticed most Norwegian fans on here tend to be overly defensive of him. Yeah, for sure there are some stupid opinions but that's across both sets of the divide. I've seen some utter drivel about how he's apparently doing a great job etc.

I want him out but I'm not going to run around like a hysterical diva about it. Truth be told, I think he looks totally and utterly out of his depth and I can't see this working whatsoever. Problem is, as you alluded to, I have no faith in the current regime to go and make a rationally thought out appointment to succeed Ole. We need a modern, progressive manager but I have zero faith we're capable of appointing one. Nevertheless, it's not really an excuse to keep on a manager who is out of his depth and hasn't made any significant improvements to our style of play or results.
Pretty similar to how I feel. If he’s given the season I would hope he could get rid of a few more average players before the next manager is appointed. The way expectations have been lowered, it wouldn’t be a major surprise to see him here in 12 months and still struggling.

My hope is that general ridicule of the hierarchy forces the club to become authentically professional.

90 + 5min

Keep deluding yourself. It’ll work out just fine
What a respons. Intresting that every time you and your Anti-Ole brigade get some answers you don't like you go personal. Impressive. And very childish. Keep on the good work.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What a respons. Intresting that every time you and your Anti-Ole brigade get some answers you don't like you go personal. Impressive. And very childish. Keep on the good work.
How is it personal? The pro Ole brigade are obviously blessed with an insight that I’ll never fully understand so carry on.

In the meantime, we wallow in mediocrity

calcio

I’m so confused how any objective person could think that Ole is a good manager. He’s so bad that the top clubs supporters hope he never leaves. The only reason he has any support is some hope of clinging to the past of his player accomplishments and a delusional thoughts he will have his SaF moment. The club is a train wreck and needs a change from top to bottom.

Denis79

The people who want him gone should turn their anger towards the man above. Ole clearly loves the club and cares for it's well-being, he didn't steal the job, he was offered it.

ravi2

The people who want him gone should turn their anger towards the man above. Ole clearly loves the club and cares for it's well-being, he didn't steal the job, he was offered it.

I dont think Ole is the man going forward long term but I have no problem with the man, as you said the real issue is Woodward and the rest of the incompetent board. I dont think Pep or klopp would make it at Old Trafford because Woodward and Matt Judge would fail to deliver as they have for the last few years.

We are currently the worst run 'top tier' team in Europe imo.

Denis79

I dont think Ole is the man going forward long term but I have no problem with the man, as you said the real issue is Woodward and the rest of the incompetent board. I dont think Pep or klopp would make it at Old Trafford because Woodward and Matt Judge would fail to deliver as they have for the last few years.
I also think Ole is in over his head but it's not because of lack of trying or love and respect for the club. He really wants whats best for the club, of that I have no doubt. Simply needs more experience before taking on a job of this size. Our board being incompetent is our biggest issue.

Un4givableB

We are currently the worst run 'top tier' team in Europe imo.
Klopp or Pep wouldn't take the job, managers like players talk to each other, the word is out about Utd, winning titles isn't our number 1 objective. The idea that best managers like Pochettino, Allegri & Nagelsmann would automatically jump at the chance to manage us is fanciful, they would demand concrete grantees and will not be sold by kind of PR trumpery that Woodward sells.

SteveW

Ole is doing fine with a paper thin squad. I'm impressed by how quickly many of the players have improved and that we still have a shot at 4th and are still in the cups. I thought in August that if either Pogba or Scotty were missing for any amount of time we'd be mid table. They've missed loads often at the same time.

Ed left us short and continues to do so. He's holding up Ole's rebuild through stinginess. I really struggle to see how others would do better with those players. Quality matters whether people want to admit it or not.

Poch changed the whole Spurs squad, Klopp changed the whole Liverpool squad, Allegri signed dozens of players. Ole wanted 5-6 last summer and got 3. Instead of stumping up the cash to fill a gaping hole in midfield Ed left us and Ole high and dry. Don't pretend Ole is on board with this. He said during the summer we were short, he said it again last week. He isn't going it to publicly trash his squad like some seem to want but he's said enough to leave no doubts of how he really feels.

We've 8 games in 26 days. Our midfield options are Matic, Pereira, Fred and Matic. In Ole's words we will just need to ask Fred and Matic to play as long as they can. Matics legs went years ago. What happens if Fred gets injured next game?

I get the impression Ed wants to wait for Garner, Levitt and Mejbri to hopefully save him some money rather than fix the problem now. Ole is left trying to work miracles in the meantime while being scapegoated by idiots. It's a slow moving car crash and difficult to watch.

Shark

@NotShark
Is anyone saying he doesn’t care or love the club? The problem is he’s completely out of his depth as a manager, as Neville would be, as Scholes would be, as Keane would be. But they love the club too so let’s him them a shot also. The man above also needs to go because he’s now hired four managers that were never going to work, doesn’t mean we stick with his latest utter feck up.

Gasolin

So he talks about creating open space, passing, what not and you reply to him with " we have lost all our games, we never won..." . I swear, this type of nonsense people doing on purpose now.
Cause I'm the one who mentioned the passing strategy, the protection of half spaces between the fulls backs and the CB, the movement of the team etc... He said none of this happened, so I just replied that sure, none of this happened, that's why we never scored, we never won and we've lost all our games.

Denis79

Is anyone saying he doesn’t care or love the club? The problem is he’s completely out of his depth as a manager, as Neville would be, as Scholes would be, as Keane would be. But they love the club too so let’s him them a shot also. The man above also needs to go because he’s now hired four managers that were never going to work, doesn’t mean we stick with his latest utter feck up.
Not saying he should be supported unconditionally, I don't atleast. But Ole is given a lot of stick trying to do his best, while people at the top that accept the under par performances get much less.

Gasolin

What are you talking about.

Our pressing is non existent. The games we have won, we have defended our own half and exploited the space left by the opposition coming on to us.
That's not true, we do pressing and counter pressing, only we don't do it continuously if we can't get the ball back right away to save energy and we drop. But when we need to counter press, this is clearly being instructed and executed. Now they don't give goals because the team is still shaky but it's the instructions and they are there to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.