Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

No, I’m good with my own job thanks. I’ll leave this discussion now, you crack on running around the caf arguing with anyone who doesn’t agree with your incredibly blinkered view of things, I’ll go back to work.
Some of Ole Supporters are so far gone there's absolutely no point in reasoning with them.

Giggsyking

I never said I rate Ole. However we have progressed over the last couple of seasons so he will get time regardless of what anyone thinks. We can argue about replacing him all we want but a title challenge was never the expectation for this season coming in so he won't, and rightly, shouldn't be judged on that.
How have we progressed? We won shit all since he came, and his best season is third with a historically low point. Before him we managed 2 trophies and an 80+ second place. Hardly any progression.

crossy1686

career ending
There you go, three first team players, I knew you’d get there.
:confused: Right... but like I said... the other players are back up...

It's not really his fault that three players cost 2/3 of what he's spent so far so it's strange to act like £300m got us a brand new squad of his picking and yet we're still mostly comprised of Jose's players and academy players.

TheGame

Okay, you’ve convinced me. He’s barely championship level. Horrible coach, horrible manager, who’s just been riding his luck for two years. Every positive is a coincidence, every negative is Ole. That lucky, barely championship level, bastard. Of course he can’t have improved since his 9 month stint at Cardiff six/seven years ago. People are so are so deluded. As was I until you showed me the light.
Mate, I would not interact with that poster. He is clearly a WUM. Just posts utter nonsense about Ole on a consistent basis. I wouldn’t waste my energy engaging.

PoTMS

As I said, they're good managers but I don't believe they have what it takes to be a success at Manchester United. It takes a certain character and I don't see it in them.
But they are all far better managers than Ole. You'd have to be wearing rose tinted glasses to think otherwise. It's clear to see we are going nowhere with Ole, I'm happy to take a risk on a manager like the ones you mentioned as I think the risk is lower than seeing if Ole can turn it around because I don't think he has to ability as a coach to do that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wait until the summer when we once again shell out millions on a bunch of kids who wont see the light of day in the first 11.

el3mel

Some of Ole Supporters are so far gone there's absolutely no point in reasoning with them.
For some here Ole never does anything wrong. He's pretty much the only manager in history who has never made a mistake in football games. Even SAF used to make mistakes from time to time but definitely not Ole. They jump in straight to defend him after any poor result.

Skåre Willoch

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus and Bayern Munich would not accept what we are seeing. Their boards would have Ole out on his ear a long time ago. The problem we have is that we are a big club in name like all the clubs listed, but we don't have the mentality of a top club. Glazers Out!
Barcelona still have Koeman. They’re accepting the very same thing at this very moment.

MattofManchester

Nagelsmann has gotten Hoffenheim from being nearly relegated when he took over into Champions League in just season and a half. And when he took over Leipzig, he instantly got them to Champions League semi final. This season he's also progressed past the group stage, and is going toes to toes with Bayern in Bundesliga, being just two points behind. But surely he's in the same bracket as Solskjaer.

This really is getting hillarious.

Btw, just quoted you to further emphasize what you just wrote, of course I agree with you.
Appreciate it. There really are ridiculous levels that people are going to just to discredit other managers' achievements.

Park's Petrified Pooch

Thing is, I’m an Ole supporter. My only piece of United memorabilia I’ve kept as I’ve grown up is a signed pic of his goal from ‘99. But you have to be wilfully trying not to see the situation we’re in at the minute. He’s just not good enough. It’s a sad and harsh conclusion, but that’s the one I’ve come to based on his entire managerial career. That’s not to say he hasn’t done some real good as our manager, but it’s not good enough if we want to get back to being competitive at the elite level.

Giggsy’s left foot

He’s a likeable guy, maybe to nice. Seems all the players like him. Maybe again that tells us we have a bunch of snowflakes.
Just lacks that ruthless streak that really successful managers have.
It’s been a pitiful challenge after a promising position. That alone should say he’s not the man for the job.
I also think he cannot sustain a constant challenge. There is something missing. His team will go on a great run, 10 games or so winning most themfollows It up with a bunch of shit displays where we fall away followed up again with a bunch of wins, then a bunch of shit displays.
Time to get a top class up and coming manager.

crossy1686

career ending
How have we progressed? We won shit all since he came, and his best season is third with a historically low point. Before him we managed 2 trophies and an 80+ second place. Hardly any progression.
Look at all the stats and progress is pretty clear to see. If you quantify winning things are being progress then it might be a season or before that happens yet but are you suggesting we've regressed under Solskjaer?

UncleBob

I seriously struggle to understand his disability when it comes to making subs.

It's like he thinks the matches last 110mins.

Skåre Willoch

Mate, I would not interact with that poster. He is clearly a WUM. Just posts utter nonsense about Ole on a consistent basis. I wouldn’t waste my energy engaging.
I know, I just can’t help it sometimes. And I feel ashamed every time I bite, as I already know it’s just bait.

Has he done anything that impressive in those 2 years that took such luck you are mentioning :confused:
Yes.

crossy1686

career ending
But they are all far better managers than Ole. You'd have to be wearing rose tinted glasses to think otherwise. It's clear to see we are going nowhere with Ole, I'm happy to take a risk on a manager like the ones you mentioned as I think the risk is lower than seeing if Ole can turn it around because I don't think he has to ability as a coach to do that.
I never said there wasn't.

One thing is painfully clear about this forum, if your not Solskjaer in then you have to be Solskjaer out.

For what it's worth, I'm more of a 'let's see how the season pans out and not make knee jerk decisions when we have injuries and poor form, especially when we signed next to no one decent in the summer' kind of guy myself.

The Oracle

Utd hiring Solskjaer as manager, is the equivilent of Liverpool hiring Origi as their manager. Allow me to explain...

- Both came off the bench to score a goal in a European Cup Final for their team.

It really is laughable that we have Solskjaer as our manager. I'm not even joking when I say this... I would rather have Steve Bruce at the helm.

edgecutter

Utd hiring Solskjaer as manager, is the equivilent of Liverpool hiring Origi as their manager. Allow me to explain...

- Both came off the bench to score a goal in a European Cup Final for their team.

It really is laughable that we have Solskjaer as our manager. I'm not even joking when I say this... I would rather have Steve Bruce at the helm.
Switching roles I could honestly see Newcastle go down.

Giggsyking

For some here Ole never does anything wrong. He's pretty much the only manager in history who has never made a mistake in football games. Even SAF used to make mistakes from time to time but definitely not Ole. They jump in straight to defend him after any poor result.
Most of them are just Wums. Ignoring them is the best thing.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He supposed to be driven to want the best for the club. He’s playing garbage football to get enough points to stay top four and retain his job. He should be very unhappy to be in the job right now, because he’s performing fecking woefully. That’s what winners do. They strive for better. Second is nothing.
Laughable to think Ole/the team are just cruising to a top 4 finish & have taken their foot off the gas.

Ole has been in a Utd team that has been constantly striving to win. Arguably he knows more about winning and the “Man Utd Way” and philosophy more than any of us could ever dream of. So spare me the disrespect that he/they are taking their foot off the gas.

Second is nothing?! Half this forum was happy with a top 4 finish at the start of the season! We go top for a few weeks, get a sniff of the title and we all go crying about how he isn’t good enough.

Entitled fanbase yet again!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The blessing of finishing outside top 4 (which we will), is that him and his under qualified coaching team will be gone.
Sick of his garbage excuses - it’s never his fault.
And then you'll be putting all your faith in Ed Woodward and the Glazers.

Enjoy.

Giggsyking

They wouldn't want Ole at Newcastle. He would relegate them. They have a better chance staying in the league if they keep Bruce.

Idxomer

Thing is, I’m an Ole supporter. My only piece of United memorabilia I’ve kept as I’ve grown up is a signed pic of his goal from ‘99. But you have to be wilfully trying not to see the situation we’re in at the minute. He’s just not good enough. It’s a sad and harsh conclusion, but that’s the one I’ve come to based on his entire managerial career. That’s not to say he hasn’t done some real good as our manager, but it’s not good enough if we want to get back to being competitive at the elite level.
I like Ole the player a lot but don't care one bit about him as a manager.

el3mel

Laughable to think Ole/the team are just cruising to a top 4 finish & have taken their foot off the gas.

Ole has been in a Utd team that has been constantly striving to win. Arguably he knows more about winning and the “Man Utd Way” and philosophy more than any of us could ever dream of. So spare me the disrespect that he/they are taking their foot off the gas.

Second is nothing?! Half this forum was happy with a top 4 finish at the start of the season! We go top for a few weeks, get a sniff of the title and we all go crying about how he isn’t good enough.

Entitled fanbase yet again!
Oh look, the poster who dedicated his account to remind us how terrible us as fans are.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They thought fit to employ Ole & Phelan, back them with 300m and show them patience in bucket loads. So your faith is already with them.
My faith has never been with them. I always support our managers and obviously with Ole it's a club legend so naturally I feel stronger.

However Ole wasn't the manager between 2013 and 2018 was he? Maybe just maybe there's more to this mess eh?

GioF

We have played well In the league once in the last ten (the 9-0 win against Southampton). Even when we were winning those close games we were not playing well and relying on our better players digging us out a win.

This was always going to come...can’t seem to create enough chances and not been bailed out by a piece of Bruno/Pogba magic.

In a game with very little movement and creativity and Rashford/Greenwood/Cavani all not playing well we should of brought on Amad and Mata and just freshened it up around the hour mark but Ole just didn’t do anything. Really poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.