Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obvious what happened, isn't it. Jose realised he wasn't going to be matched in his ambition for the club so started burning all bridges to get out of here. He alluded to all of this in his interviews. Like I said at the time, even the anti Jose crowd should have been alarmed.
Absolutely obvious, in fact I'd say it was the most obvious display I've ever seen of a manager actively trying to get sacked.
It's even obvious why, after finishing 2nd the club put the transfer committee in place and suddenly his ideas of fecking off Martial, Pogba and bringing in his own personally selected players were getting vetoed by the committee, Jose absolutely lost his shit that the club did that to him.

Paul_Scholes18

Absolutely obvious, in fact I'd say it was the most obvious display I've ever seen of a manager actively trying to get sacked.
It's even obvious why, after finishing 2nd the club put the transfer committee in place and suddenly his ideas of fecking off Martial, Pogba and bringing in his own personally selected players were getting vetoed by the committee, Jose absolutely lost his shit that the club did that to him.
Don't think he tries to get sacked. He just got so upset that he went suicide by being overly negative and talk crap. The players did still fight and he made subs to turn games around even during this time. Remember the Juventus game.
It might look like he wants things to go bad, but I just think it is him when he has lost it.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Fast forward 12 months and one is perma-injured and seemingly desperate to leave, whilst the other is still a lazy, half-arsed problem. I'm not sure who took the decision to go against Jose but they've got some back bone to think they know more than Jose about what's required from these players.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Only becasue he didn't get the players he knew we needed.

He just didn't fancy sticking around at a club he knew wouldn't win anything, although ironically that seems to be all he can get nowadays hence his current location.
He was already making good players look like crap, so I'm glad he didn't get the players he wanted. The big mistake was making Ole permanent instead of just the caretaker as he should have been.

C'est Moi Cantona

If he knew we needed a top class CB, then maybe he shouldn't have sanctioned the purchases of Bailly and Lindelof.
First choice Lindelof that is? Plus with Bailly often injured, and Rojo, Jones, and Smalling, as your other option, he was well within his rights to demand a CB again, more so as there was no good reason to deny him one given our net spend that summer.

I am not a Jose fan, but it is undeniable that he was right.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If he knew we needed a top class CB, then maybe he shouldn't have sanctioned the purchases of Bailly and Lindelof.
Not his fault Bailly became injury prone. He was very good in his first season. As for Lindelof, as another poster said he's currently one of our starting CBs.

C'est Moi Cantona

He was already making good players look like crap, so I'm glad he didn't get the players he wanted. The big mistake was making Ole permanent instead of just the caretaker as he should have been.
With hindsight, he was using the squad to win as many games as he could, it wasn't pretty at times, and he was an arse, but if he'd had gone for swashbuckling football we'd have had less points, and that wasn't his game.

If we'd have had an actual plan after sacking him then we could have had the last laugh, but as it is he must be pis*ing himself right now.

Robbie Boy

That excuse shouldn't fly at all.

He had all 3 of them fit and available at the end of last season, in addition to another goalscorer in Lukaku plus a mid in Herrera. You know what happened? We went on worst run of form this club has been for 57 years, when we closed out the season with 2 wins in 11. Back then the excuse we heard were:

A) Too many 'toxic' personalities in the dressing room who need to be booted out to reset the culture
B) Players are too tired to sustain 'Oles high intensity football' over the course of season due to being coached by Mourinho
C) Pre-season will fix all of this as it will allow to tactically embed his ideas and prepare the players to play 'high intensity football' for the whole season

Well, toxicity has been cleared, pre-season went and gone and nothing has changed. We started this season with our worst ever start in 33 years and look set to end it in an even worse fashion.

When will people wake up and smell the coffee? No amount of money will make Ole a good manager, all it will allow him to have few more players who can win games on basis of individual brilliance and hence earn him a little longer rope. We'll continue to yo-yo around like this with no gameplan or pattern of play under him.

Those who are latching onto injury crisis need to look at what happened in previous season, even with a fully fit and better squad he couldn't do much. Even in current season, those injuries are not down to mis-fortune. You can squarely lay blame on Ole for mismanagement of those players which has resulted in extended lay-offs. For each of Pogba, McTominay and Rashford, their injuries were aggravated due to being over-played when they weren't completely fit.

I find it staggering how we still have a sizeable contingent of our fanbase who is ready to handwave all of this over blind sentimentality for Ole, a manager who has made every possible feck up a manager could.
Great post.

Mainoldo

Fast forward 12 months and one is perma-injured and seemingly desperate to leave, whilst the other is still a lazy, half-arsed problem. I'm not sure who took the decision to go against Jose but they've got some back bone to think they know more than Jose about what's required from these players.
Chelsea listened to Jose. Kevin De
Bruyne and Mo Salah have been tearing the league up ever since being brought back.

C'est Moi Cantona

Obvious what happened, isn't it. Jose realised he wasn't going to be matched in his ambition for the club so started burning all bridges to get out of here. He alluded to all of this in his interviews. Like I said at the time, even the anti Jose crowd should have been alarmed.
Spot on, he was calling them out, and suddenly they couldn't wait to get him out of the place, he was such a toxic character it was treated as a victory at the time.. now look at us.

Mainoldo

Spot on, he was calling them out, and suddenly they couldn't wait to get him out of the place, he was such a toxic character it was treated as a victory at the time.. now look at us.
That 10 game run Ole went on.. was that better than anything José produced in his whole time of managing us?

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
With hindsight, he was using the squad to win as many games as he could, it wasn't pretty at times, and he was an arse, but if he'd had gone for swashbuckling football we'd have had less points, and that wasn't his game.

If we'd have had an actual plan after sacking him then we could have had the last laugh, but as it is he must be pis*ing himself right now.
I don't disagree that he did what he could with the squad, but there were clear signs that he wasn't capable of coaching the team to play "swashbuckling football", even if he had better players. I think there were clear deficiencies in the way he was coaching the players, regardless of Ole turning out to be even worse. I'm really glad he's gone.

C'est Moi Cantona

That 10 game run Ole went on.. was that better than anything José produced in his whole time of managing us?
The squad is mainly weak minded so wanted Jose out, and we bounced big style

If the ultimate outcome is nothing then no it isn't better than anything Jose produced, and given what's happened since it was surely all a fluke anyway.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

The squad is mainly weak so wanted Jose out, and we bounced big style

If the ultimate outcome is nothing then no it isn't better than anything Jose produced, and given what's happened since it was surely all a fluke anyway.
What?

Was it better football than what Jose produced? Yes or no?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
And still had a better record than Ole despite actively trying to get the sack :lol:
Under Jose in last "toxic" months between West Ham(loss) and Liverpool( loss and sack) we played 13 games. Lost only against City and Juve. Had 6 wins, 5 draws and 2 defeats. In most games we scored at least two goals. And all that with squad full of "deadwood"( Ole fans keep saying that).

But it is much better this season people say. We play better people say. Oh yes, i forgot...general mood is better, everybody in club are smiling.

Mainoldo

Under Jose in last "toxic" months between West Ham(loss) and Liverpool( loss and sack) we played 13 games. Lost only against City and Juve. Had 6 wins, 5 draws and 2 defeats. In most games we scored at least two goals. And all that with squad full of "deadwood"( Ole fans keep saying that).

But it is much better this season people say. We play better people say. Oh yes, i forgot...general mood is better, everybody in club are smiling.
I think it’s clear to see Ole has messed up this rebuild. This culture reset basically Ole jumping on G Nev’s media propaganda.

AFC NimbleThumb

He had all 3 of them fit and available at the end of last season, in addition to another goalscorer in Lukaku plus a mid in Herrera. You know what happened? We went on worst run of form this club has been for 57 years, when we closed out the season with 2 wins in 11. Back then the excuse we heard were:

A) Too many 'toxic' personalities in the dressing room who need to be booted out to reset the culture
B) Players are too tired to sustain 'Oles high intensity football' over the course of season due to being coached by Mourinho
C) Pre-season will fix all of this as it will allow to tactically embed his ideas and prepare the players to play 'high intensity football' for the whole season

Well, toxicity has been cleared, pre-season went and gone and nothing has changed. We started this season with our worst ever start in 33 years and look set to end it in an even worse fashion.

When will people wake up and smell the coffee? No amount of money will make Ole a good manager, all it will allow him to have few more players who can win games on basis of individual brilliance and hence earn him a little longer rope. We'll continue to yo-yo around like this with no gameplan or pattern of play under him.

Those who are latching onto injury crisis need to look at what happened in previous season, even with a fully fit and better squad he couldn't do much. Even in current season, those injuries are not down to mis-fortune. You can squarely lay blame on Ole for mismanagement of those players which has resulted in extended lay-offs. For each of Pogba, McTominay and Rashford, their injuries were aggravated due to being over-played when they weren't completely fit.

I find it staggering how we still have a sizeable contingent of our fanbase who is ready to handwave all of this over blind sentimentality for Ole, a manager who has made every possible feck up a manager could.
“Take a bow son”.

Bang. On.

TrustInOle

In no way is Ole perfect, but lets not pretend we aint had problems from within the club well before his appointment.

Mainoldo

Well actually, i think that game against Newcastle in which we came back to win 3-2 was pretty damn exhilarating in the 2nd half. It was quick, desperate domination of the kind we never see anymore.
No it was just Martial and Pogba deciding to step up.

In no way is Ole perfect, but lets not pretend we aint had problems from within the club well before his appointment.
This shit again?

How many times does it have to be repeated that every single fecker on this forum knows we have other problems within the club?

Ole's not "not perfect", he's proving to be fecking awful at football management at the top level.

Mainoldo

The whole team did, not just them. It was like they threw the whole gameplan out the window and did what they had to do to win.
No we wouldn’t have won if they didn’t shift the momentum. The crowd helped a lot too. Old Trafford was electric.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

This.

Denis79

I'll bet my right hand Woodward sold him the same BS he sells the media and us fans, how we can get any players we want and that the money is always there. Mourinho threw a fit when Woodward told him he couldn't have certain new toys.

I remember LVG saying how he thought United could get any player which in reality wasn't the case according to him. What he wanted to say with that I'm not sure but I'm guessing Woodward promised him more than he could deliver.

TrustInOle

This shit again?

How many times does it have to be repeated that every single fecker on this forum knows we have other problems within the club?

Ole's not "not perfect", he's proving to be fecking awful at football management at the top level.
No need for the aggresive tone, surely? Can one not have an opinion opposite to your own?

I would much rather go on about; the state of Old Trafford and the infastructure, our Wage budget, our recent recruiment strategies, the manager recruitment, the scouting network, our youth academy, the money that has been taken out the club, the debt we was bought for, ect. I could go on, but sometimes its pointless.

Getting rid of Ole will not solve our problems, not am I saying he is the right man to take us back to the top. What I am saying is nothing will change with the club being ran how it is. How on earth can you have faith in a board to choose the next manager AGAIN, when they uave shown no signs of past planning or even sticking behind a manager that THEY chose?

I would rather we get the behind the scenes sorted before jumping back on the manager merry go round when their is absolutley no evidence the board can even generate a half thought out plan.

No need for the aggresive tone, surely? Can one not have an opinion opposite to your own?.
That’s the thing, we all have the same opinion about the board for god’s sake man.

You wonder why I have a harsh tone when you try claiming such nonsense and then in your next reply you bang on about the same shit we are ALL in agreement on?

Do you not care to read what anyone else posts or how the entire forum, Ole in or out thinks our board is crap?

That said. SAF, Moyes, LVG & Mourinho have all done miles better than Ole with the same board.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
No need for the aggresive tone, surely? Can one not have an opinion opposite to your own?

I would much rather go on about; the state of Old Trafford and the infastructure, our Wage budget, our recent recruiment strategies, the manager recruitment, the scouting network, our youth academy, the money that has been taken out the club, the debt we was bought for, ect. I could go on, but sometimes its pointless.

Getting rid of Ole will not solve our problems, not am I saying he is the right man to take us back to the top. What I am saying is nothing will change with the club being ran how it is. How on earth can you have faith in a board to choose the next manager AGAIN, when they uave shown no signs of past planning or even sticking behind a manager that THEY chose?

I would rather we get the behind the scenes sorted before jumping back on the manager merry go round when their is absolutley no evidence the board can even generate a half thought out plan.
That's great but Ole has literally got us in relegation form. I absolutely promise you Big Sam would be at least 12 points better off than we are right now than Ole.

Kurton

After his 2 subs at 88th minute should be enough for even the ardent of his supporters to see that he is not competent enough. What was the point of the subs rather than disrupt the last push to get the goal from the players and waste time? Even fans like us know that 2 mins is not enough for subs to make any impact, rather than break the rhythm at such point in the game. Such an idiotic decision.

TrustInOle

That’s the thing, we all have the same opinion about the board for god’s sake man.
Exactly, if this is the case, what evidence can you go off that the board will get it right this time? As a matter of fact, what top manager out their would contemplate harming their career to come to such a poorly run club? Because of past history? That can only get us so far, we can keep recycling the manager all we want, but one man will never change the course this club is currently on. We are far more focused on financial gain than footballing merit and we will continue on this track until something does change.

Contantly calling out the manager isn't going to solve this issue, nor will appointing another body, so I apologise for not jumping on the 'sack Ole' bandwagon and instead focussing on where the real problems lie with this once great 'football club'.

Exactly, if this is the case, what evidence can you go off that the board will get it right this time?
They don’t have to get it “right”, I mean, Moyes, LVG & Mourinho (and SAF) all did miles better with the same board.

What they need at the very least now is to get a competent manager in this Summer that won’t have us winning 9 from 30 PL games.

Why is it every Ole in poster thinks the only solution is either:

Ole or someone as good as Klopp.

There’s a shit tonne of managers between those two that deserve a chance to better our fortunes. That doesn’t even mean back to the top, it simply means at least as good as Moyes or LVG.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Does he and his coaching staff not feel embarrassed? You have a proper footballer walk into this team and direct patterns of play in a game because the coaching staff have failed to implement any in attack for the past year a half.

Appalling.

Eplel

Contantly calling out the manager isn't going to solve this issue
Neither insisting on a manager that is obviously not suitable for the PL. We're 6 months into the season, and we're not showcasing a coherent style of play.
On top of that, there is a huge mismanagement of the roster, that has seen key players with injuries that could be avoided, and young talents disillusioned and looking to leave the club because they can't get minutes over Pereira, no matter how shit he plays. I can't throw the blame for these things on the board or Ed.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
People keep harping on about Ed Woodward and the Glazers but they've allowed him to spend a bucket loads of money, clear out those who he didn't see fit for purpose all whilst picking up 41 points from 35 games since he became manager. I do agree that most in charge are incompetent but none of our managers can complain about no being backed - they were (Jose could have an arguement for his third season). Ole should have kept Fellaini, Smalling and Lukaku and I bet we'd be significantly better than where we are now.

One more thing for trustOle, does he realise there are degrees of “right” and “wrong”, the same board have always had managers that win at least 50% of their PL games, the same board have seen us finish 1st, win the CL and since SAF win the FA cup, the EL, finish 2nd.

So ultimately those managers weren’t “right”, but they were a fecking damn site more “right” than 9 wins in 30 PL games Ole.

One thing is increasingly certain though, that Ole is the biggest wrong decision they have made so far.

diawl_coch

This season was a write off before it started.

A few questions.

Why was Lukaku sold, and replaced with who? A dynamic front 3 of Martial, Rashford and Lukaku would have been feared and effective, with support from Greenwood and possibly James. All our forwards are knackered at the moment.

Why was Smalling allowed to go out on loan whilst we retained the inferior and unreliable trio of Rojo, Jones and Bailly.

TrustInOle

One more thing for trustOle, does he realise there are degrees of “right” and “wrong”, the same board have always had managers that win at least 50% of their PL games, the same board have seen us finish 1st, win the CL and since SAF win the FA cup, the EL, finish 2nd.

So ultimately those managers weren’t “right”, but they were a fecking damn site more “right” than 9 wins in 30 PL games Ole.

One thing is increasingly certain though, that Ole is the biggest wrong decision they have made so far.
Again, because you, and others, seem to short sighted to understand my point i shall elaborate again! I have not said Ole is the right man to take us forward, I have quite clearly said their are other problems the club currently have that fans would rather aim their anger at Ole, who again I have not said is the right man, than try and make a change their. Sack Ole if it makes you feel better, but don't moan when you realise a new manager won't change much and they are under the same shit that is currently ruining the club.

And again, i shall point out, when have you last been to Old Trafford? Are you happy with the state it is currently in? Do you feel players we have signed in the last 6 years show any sign of planning? Do you feel our squad is worthy of such a wage budget? Are you happy how much of United's own earnt money that the glazers pocket each year?

Sorry for caring more about the culture, the infrastructure, and the loyalty shown towards a fan base that the club should constantly be improving upon, instead of where we sit in the table. But again this point will be muted so people can jump on the fact 'Ole out'.

EDIT. Absolutley laughable to give plaudits to the board for anything Sir Alex accomplished.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.