Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The state of this thread. :lol:

Some of you need to give your head a wobble.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Where are the people who called me deluded when I said I will make the call end of the season ? We have been through this false dawns multiple times and I am not doing it again. Let him better qualify for top 4 now.

Why the hell he didn't go with 5th sub - furious here !!!
Tactically outclassed once again.

Feck it, I am done for the night.
:lol: You want to make the call end of the season and yet you are still judging him now.

You are are spouting non-sense, this is no longer delusional but actually knee-jerking & total biased. The tactic was correct, we had chances to finished it off but players didn't do it & it was very unfortunate that we went down to 10 men for more than 6 minutes especially when the injury happened in near before the 90th min.

Pep, Lampard & Mourinho were beaten this season by Southampton, I guess they were even more outclassed.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
:lol: You want to make the call end of the season and yet you are still judging him now.

You are are spouting non-sense, this is no longer delusional but actually knee-jerking & total biased. The tactic was correct, we had chances to finished it off but players didn't do it & it was very unfortunate that we went down to 10 men for more than 6 minutes especially when the injury happened in near before the 90th min.

Pep, Lampard & Mourinho were beaten this season by Southampton, I guess they were even more outclassed.
There you go. The first one-

keep going mate with the usual reasons. Fact is our boy just got his pants down by a better manager with less resources. The Pogba - Bruno just had no answer to it. They just weren't tactically prepared. Had the wrong subs on. As simple as that. Fair to say, you were knee jerking based on nothing halfway through the season esp when we have had many false dawns. Let him not better bottle this now.

And - Couldn't care less what pep or Lamps did. I care only about my team.

Sylar

I thought we were naive to begin with by playing into Saints press through them middle time and time again which lead to them taking the lead. I thought however we adjusted well after that which lead to our second goal. Instead of playing through the middle, we would put it out wide to stretch the play and free up the space in the middle (pogba) which would give him time to then stretch the play.
I thought that looked like a change. I think Saints are great at pressing but we did well in circumstances and really should have made it 3-1 a few times. Our failure to do so, and then the inevitable dropping deep (and not having a target man to hit long) along with losing a man through a freak situation ended up costing us more than anything else.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

keep going mate with the usual reasons. Fact is our boy just got his pants down by a better manager with less resources. The Pogba - Bruno just had no answer to it. They just weren't tactically prepared. Had the wrong subs on. As simple as that. Fair to say, you were knee jerking based on nothing halfway through the season esp when we have had many false dawns. Let him not better bottle this now.

Why are you still commenting? It's not fair to tell people to wait end of the season if you are judging him now.

dirkey

Oh look. @Giggsyking comes out of the woodwork in this thread after a draw. No sign during the run since... Guess what? Our last dropped points.

And people say ole is spineless. Pathetic.

Southampton are a good team. People refuse to give credit to our opposition sometimes.

My only issue with ole, on last night, is that the team looked tired. I think in this run, he hasn't taken the key players off early enough when we've had the games in the bag.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Where are the people who called me deluded when I said I will make the call end of the season ? We have been through this false dawns multiple times and I am not doing it again. Let him better qualify for top 4 now.

Can't you just be done for good?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Oh look. @Giggsyking comes out of the woodwork in this thread after a draw. No sign during the run since... Guess what? Our last dropped points.

Southampton are a good team. People refuse to give credit to our opposition sometimes.

My only issue with ole, on last night, is that the team looked tired. I think in this run, he hasn't taken the key players off early enough when we've had the games in the bag.
It's part of the parcel, he will learn as we go.

dirkey

So .. we knee-jerked false dawns by not waiting until the end of the season .... but ... you can call it a false dawn ... before the end of the season?

#logic.

Giggsyking

Why do you care if I criticize him or not? He is still fifth and not in the champions league. If he does not qualify despite other teams looking so shit like Chelsea and Leicester then he has no business at the club and should leave. Simple as that. I dont want a coach who is just good at buying the right players, that is not the only job of the head of coaches. If he is being outplayed tactically by lesser teams, then he is not the right person.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I'm very happy with Solskjaer, obviously the result was disappointing last night but I think we were unlucky with a few of our chances, Rashford being a foot offside with his first, Martial missing a 1 on 1, plenty of chances to be further ahead. Our midfield looked tired and we had 2 unplanned injuries to the same position for an already tired team.

The team were tired and we could have perhaps changed one or two in the lineup but if Solskjaer felt they were fit enough, it's his call and if he had replaced anyone and they performed poorly, everyone would have questioned it? Even the best teams lose a game from time to time and we had been winning so many so it was inevitable.

2 big things now though, will Ole learn not to switch to be so defensive but rather to focus on retention? We seem to defend leads better by trying to control the ball rather than just sitting behind it, I can't blame him for trying it but don't feel it suits us and secondly, after such a good run and great feeling in the squad, they will be feeling low right now, how do we respond as a team? Come out swinging and put Palace to bed and it will say a lot about our character but I think Ole is doing a great job to date.

bond19821982

Why are you still commenting? It's not fair to tell people to wait end of the season if you are judging him now.
Is this post even supposed to prove anything?

And for your kind info- I didn't ask people to wait until the end of season. I said I would wait until end of the season. BIG difference mate !

Giggsyking

Being outclassed is not the same as being beaten. Just look at City's loss against them, nobody can blame the manager with his tactics, Southampton could barley breath, but they were super lucky to win. While in our case, you know, we were outclassed as we sat deep from the first minute despite the fact we had motive to get all points to climb to the 3rd spot.

Fosu-Mens

Our progression of the ball through the middle was stopped by Soton yesterday. Why did we not implement the fullbacks more? Is it because they are not good at either passing the ball or making passing decisions? Or is our modus operandi to always build up through the middle? Would be beneficial going forward to have other means of getting the ball into the final third than give it to Matic/PP and then get the ball to Bruno. And we see how lost our team looks when two of PP/Matic/Bruno are not on the pitch... Nothing against Fred or McT, but they are not that good on the ball.

OGS is a good man manager and having someone to fix the "culture/mentality" of the squad was something that was needed, but he either needs to improve as a coach in the tactical area or get someone in that can help in coaching passing patterns and buildup play for us to have more ways to get the ball into the final third. If not, we get situations like yesterday were PP and Matic receives the ball while marked. And as seen yesterday, them losing the ball in the buildup gives the opposition chances to score goals.

Last edited:

dirkey

Why do you care if I criticize him or not? He is still fifth and not in the champions league. If he does not qualify despite other teams looking so shit like Chelsea and Leicester then he has no business at the club and should leave. Simple as that. I dont want a coach who is just good at buying the right players, that is not the only job of the head of coaches. If he is being outplayed tactically by lesser teams, then he is not the right person.
Knee-jerk much? One game, where he was "tactically outplayed". All this ... despite us leading until conceding a last kick of the game (more or less) equaliser, and spurning a couple of fabulous chances.

I just find it hilarious that you, and many others like you, are completely silent in a "discussion" about Ole when things are going well. You only want to discuss his mistakes and dropped points. I find it pretty miserable, gleefully rushing to the thread the moment a point is dropped to spout.

Yes, they look bad now, the others. But United had a big gap to make up after the poor start. You know, in the 2nd half of the season only Liverpool have gained more points than us? We're level with City since gameweek 18. Think about that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Is this post even supposed to prove anything?

And for your kind info- I didn't ask people to wait until the end of season. I said I would wait until end of the season. BIG difference mate !
So you shouldn't be talking then if that's what you wanna do.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Obviously Ole is fine and will be here next season. Our form is amazing.

But, you can say that and also acknowledge he got out-coached last night and seemed to change nothing at half-time. Hopefully he learns from it.

Giggsyking

Our progression of the ball through the middle was stopped by Soton yesterday. Why did we not implement then? Is it because they are not good at either passing the ball or making passing decisions? Or is our modus operandi to always build up through the middle? Would be beneficial going forward to have other means of getting the ball into the final third than give it to Matic/PP and then get the ball to Bruno. And we see how lost our team looks when two of PP/Matic/Bruno are not on the pitch... Nothing against Fred or McT, but they are not that good on the ball.

OGS is a good man manager and having someone to fix the "culture/mentality" of the squad was something that was needed, but he either needs to improve as a coach in the tactical area or get someone in that can help in coaching passing patterns and buildup play for us to have more ways to get the ball into the final third. If not, we get situations like yesterday were PP and Matic receives the ball while marked. And as seen yesterday, them losing the ball in the buildup gives the opposition chances to score goals.
Thank you.

Aresma7

Being outclassed is not the same as being beaten. Just look at City's loss against them, nobody can blame the manager with his tactics, Southampton could barley breath, but they were super lucky to win. While in our case, you know, we were outclassed as we sat deep from the first minute despite the fact we had motive to get all points to climb to the 3rd spot.
Outclassed? The only team that was outclassed yesterday was Southampton. We were 20 seconds away from a solid 2-1 win against an in form team. Your definition of outclassed has no meaning. You are a joke supporter

dirkey

Outclassed. Man, you've some way of judging. They'd 52% to our 48% possession. They'd 1 more shot on target. Other than their goals, I can think of a very good save from De Gea, not much else.

We'd Rashford score from just offside, we'd Martial force a fabulous save from their keeper, and we'd Rashford fail to score from 4 yards when defender made a block. It's mental to call that outclassed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If Ole made a mistake and that's a big if, it was during the previous game where Pogba should have been rested when we scored the third goal. I was surprised by it but assumed that Ole had a better knowledge of his fitness. Now we still played well yesterday against a team that was well organized was good technically and mentally, a handful of players underperformed and yet we could have won.

This is the type of comforting games, if that's our floor or close to it then we are a very good team.

Giggsyking

Knee-jerk much? One game, where he was "tactically outplayed". All this ... despite us leading until conceding a last kick of the game (more or less) equaliser, and spurning a couple of fabulous chances.

I just find it hilarious that you, and many others like you, are completely silent in a "discussion" about Ole when things are going well. You only want to discuss his mistakes and dropped points. I find it pretty miserable, gleefully rushing to the thread the moment a point is dropped to spout.

Yes, they look bad now, the others. But United had a big gap to make up after the poor start. You know, in the 2nd half of the season only Liverpool have gained more points than us? We're level with City since gameweek 18. Think about that.
Knee-jerk is when you judge someone on his first loss or draw, he has 11 draws and 8 losses. He lost point in 19 games. Hardly a knee-jerk.

bond19821982

So you shouldn't be talking then if that's what you wanna do.
So back again with the same post on what others should or shouldn't do , if someone has a different thought ,huh?

Missing the "deluded" post as well. Should I re-quote my own reply ? Or would you go back and read that yourself?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
City has technical ability players to keep possession against a very good high press team like Southampton. United were basically had more possession yesterday when Bruno & Pogba were still on the pitch, they needed to be off due to fatigue & we had no players as caliber as them on the bench to keep the momentum in our way. They might started better in early & last minutes but you cannot ignore how we approached the games for the rest of the minutes, we had many chances to made it 3-1.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So back again with the same post on what others should or shouldn't do , if someone has a different thought ,huh?

Missing the "deluded" post as well. Should I re-quote my own reply ? Or would you go back and read that yourself?
You sounds like a broken toy.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is surely trolling, right? No one could be that unknowledgeable about the game and still have the gall to post tripe like this publicly.

bond19821982

You sounds like a broken toy.
Yeah, I can see that. The moment you run out of replies you go with points like " you shouldn't be here", come back later kinda points. Come back when you have better brownie points.
Fact is , as things stand Ole is still a rookie manager with a worse PPG than Moyes,Jose and LVG.

Giggsyking

This is surely trolling, right? No one could be that unknowledgeable about the game and still have the gall to post tripe like this publicly.
Cut the cra*. People need to learn how accept criticism without making personal comments. You cant tell me we were in their side of the football plan from the first minute. We were defending in our own half from the first minute. If you could not realize that, then I cant help you.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's this weird pre conception that we should be winning every game despite this being an unprecedented amount of games in quick succession and we'd already learnt in the first half of the season (and seasons before) that our squad is simply not good enough.

Some of you are acting like we lost yesterday. We drew from a winning position conceding in the last minute after two injuries. Shit happens, we were fairly comfortable before Shaws injury.

We're unbeaten in 18, 5 wins in 7 since Covid began. We're still looking good for a Top 4 finish, we're in the FA Cup Semi's and Europa quarter finals (unless something absolutely mental occurs).

romufc

I think it shows good character then, to be outclassed and say you drew and almost won.

You do realise that when Ole took the job, it was a rebuild?

At the time we were all like oh here we go another rebuild... same old stories.

Are you completely ignorant to see what has happened? We got rid of deadwood, team spirit is high, our signings have finally come off, we have played football that we have not seen in 7 years.

We got "outclassed" but had like 3 clear cut chances other than the goals. They had one clear cut chance apart from their goals.

That is improvement, go back to Liverpool last year when we had no idea where this team is going. We have come a long way since.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah, I can see that. The moment you run out of replies you go with points like " you shouldn't be here", come back later kinda points. Come back when you have better brownie points.
Fact is , as things stand Ole is still a rookie manager with a worse PPG than Moyes,Jose and LVG.
I'm not running out of reply. I just knew you refuse to listen, even that first of your reply today sums it up because what matter to you is only your opinion.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Insulting another member
What game where you watching? We sat deep from the first minute? The only thing deep from minute 1 was your head in your arse.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Lets calm the civil war lads, Ole is doing a fine job.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sort of confused how we were outclassed when we created multiple golden chances to put the game to bed compared to their single Redmond chance. You can take Martial's 1 v 1 in the first half, or Rashford's tap in, or Martial's other run where he blitzed through the defence only to sky it. That's about 3 great chances just off the top of my head aside from the 2 we scored.

Very odd that City were not outclassed and fail to find the net once. Yet we were outclassed and found the net twice. Your view on the match clearly needs revision.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Cut the cra*. People need to learn how accept criticism without making personal comments. You cant tell me we were in their side of the football plan from the first minute. We were defending in our own half from the first minute. If you could not realize that, then I cant help you.
So it was not trolling. Remarkable. I don't really need your help mate. And I would strongly suggest you try not to help anyone when it comes to understanding football.

But of course it's a free world and a free forum, so I assume you'll carry on posting and good luck with it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I always seem to have to correct your posts while you blast out incorrect statements.
Manager​
Games​
Wins​
Dras​
Losses​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Points​
PPG​
Mourinho​
93​
50​
26​
17​
151​
86​
+65​
176​
1.89​
Van Gaal​
76​
39​
19​
18​
111​
72​
+39​
136​
1.79​
Ole​
56​
28​
15​
13​
97​
60​
+37​
99​
1.77​
Moyes​
34​
17​
6​
11​
56​
40​
+16​
57​
1.68​

jem

I imagine someone has already enlightened you, but just in case, he wasn't allowed to make the 5th sub, as they have to all be made within 3 substitutions.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You just need to learn how to find a fair criticism rather than making a statement that wasn't even true.

Status
Not open for further replies.