Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballsy to go to a diamond when we were already conceding loads of chances, but the 352 was exactly the issue as they had too much space in the middle in the second half. We bossed it after Pogba came on, brilliant tactical switch and he deserves credit for it. Fred in particular was doing a job on Neymar not letting him carry the ball. Hopefully Ole's in game adjustments keep improving because he usually sets his up well from the start.

Amarsdd

Here he is again. :lol:
Its always the same. Spend most of the time saying the squad is not good enough and when we beat these big teams then come out saying "oh United have all the resources in the world, they should always thump these teams. No need to give them any credit."

Walters_19_MuFc

Doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for his tactics. Last season we took a lot of points from the teams in the top 6. A big part of that was to do with Ole's set up in those games and that's exactly what happened tonight.

Now, although we beat PSG a couple of seasons ago, I felt that was fortunate. A game where we hung on and capitalized from mistakes. Tonight felt like we went toe to toe with a good team and came out on top.

Tactics were spot on. Not only that, but when it went to 1-1, PSG gathered a bit of momentum and looked like they could have potentially got a second. At that stage, some managers would have tried to defend and get through the onslaught, but Ole changed the system and the pendulum swung back in our favour, which ultimately won us the game.

Great stuff by Ole tonight!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fair fecks. He smashed it tonight. Had the balls to drop Pogba in a massive game and had the balls to switch things up massively to get the win.

Paul_Scholes18

It is great to see our response after the disaster against Tottenham. The team has been fired up recently.
Let's hope it can continue. I think Mctominay and Fred together have been the key really.
I hope we test a diamond with Pogba in it as well from the start.

Gasolin

For those who still care and wonder if Ole can bring us to the titles at home and in the CL, the answer is yes. Check this out.

hungrywing

Apparently senior players are questioning whether he's a top, top, top manager sources say.
To be fair, the original quote was 'top, top coach'. AKA the insinuation in those articles was that they were questioning whether he's a Klopp/Pep/Biesla etc-level 'uber-master tactician.'

Gasolin

To be fair, the original quote was 'top, top coach'. AKA the insinuation in those articles was that they were questioning whether he's a Klopp/Pep/Biesla etc-level 'uber-master tactician.'
Well he's beating them left and right but sure... well Klopp who should have lost against us on the first game grabbed a point, true. This season, we are looking for blood.

Jesus Christ what a bloody nut job.

has there ever been more evidence of a journalist having an agenda?
Oliver Holt has a personal agenda against Mourinho. As in Mourinho could find a vaccine for COVID19 that also cures cancer and stops poverty and Holt will tweet “Credit where credit’s due but.......”

With Castles I don’t think the agenda is personal. He thinks Ole doesn’t have the ability to take the club to league glory and the amongst the top in Europe. So he will find ways to prove his point whether we win, lose or draw.

I respect that over people whose opinions change every 3-4 good or bad games.

Web of Bissaka

Our quick back to good run of form happened once Ole decided to be ballsy enough in making the brave decisions isn't it.

1. Pogba as impact bench and also playing him in more attacking position.
2. Put trusts on Fred-McTominay.
etc

Ludens the Red

For those who still care and wonder if Ole can bring us to the titles at home and in the CL, the answer is yes. Check this out.

Erm in order for that to be correct we’d need to actually win titles at home and in Europe.
I think these last two weeks have proven one thing and it’s that the Olein cult are about ten times worse than the Oleout cult.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Erm in order for that to be correct we’d need to actually win titles at home and in Europe.
I think these last two weeks have proven one thing and it’s that the Olein cult are about ten times worse than the Oleout cult.
The two cults are both taking things to the extreme. It won't stop unless Ole shuts the Ole outers up and wins the league or Ole gets sacked and the Ole inners can't argue again

Gasolin

It’s worse when you can show what his tactics are when playing 4/2/3/1? Ok sure... :).

Did you read the tweet or did you just want to say something negative at all cost? Because that’s really what’s the issue here.

Gasolin

The two cults are both taking things to the extreme. It won't stop unless Ole shuts the Ole outers up and wins the league or Ole gets sacked and the Ole inners can't argue again
Backing a manager who has shown to the players what it means to play for United and has changed their work rate is not something that should be seen as a cult. Otherwise did SAF had a cult? That’s a weird way to put it.

But disrespecting Ole to the point that you deny him every single positive impact he made and his tactical abilities that allowed him to beat other big teams and big managers, that’s outright weird for me. And if that’s the Ole out people then yes, they’re a cult. And a very negative influence.

pass.pass.pass

Not even just theleague but I think we are more suited to Champions League football then the league, bar Bayern Munich I don't see anyone else in Europe we should fear.
Come to think of it, you are right!

Still, Ole has to find a way to destroy bus-parking teams. The league should always be United's bread and butter. I will truly believe once that starts happening.

Ludens the Red

It’s so fecking childish. There’s literally an Ole performance and Ole managerial discussion thread long going but for some reason after every game, win or lose, there are another half a dozen created within half an hour of the final whistle discussing Ole.
People tagging other posters in the thread to gloat about us winning. People going into every thread rambling on about Pochettino. There needs to be a thread creation ban for at least two hours after a game or something. It’s just getting stupid now.

Tarrou

It’s so fecking childish. There’s literally an Ole performance and Ole managerial discussion thread long going but for some reason after every game, win or lose, there are another half a dozen created within half an hour of the final whistle discussing Ole.
People tagging other posters in the thread to gloat about us winning. People going into every thread rambling on about Pochettino. There needs to be a thread creation ban for at least two hours after a game or something. It’s just getting stupid now.
Ban creating threads for people being positive after a win? What on earth for?

Supporters are supposed to support the team, it's normal behaviour to get excited about a good win.

Lumping all that positive behaviour in with the negative nellies is a false equivalence.

Ludens the Red

Ban creating threads for people being positive after a win? What on earth for?

Supporters are supposed to support the team, it's normal behaviour to get excited about a good win.

Lumping all that positive behaviour in with the negative nellies is a false equivalence.
The fact the mods have seen fit to close a number of threads posted after yesterday’s game and before then after the Spurs game tells you all you need to know really.

Gasolin

The fact the mods have seen fit to close a number of threads posted after yesterday’s game and before then after the Spurs game tells you all you need to know really.
It just tells us that there is a post match thread to talk about it, really... Those threads were not closed because it was “too” positive! Or is that your belief?

Ludens the Red

It just tells us that there is a post match thread to talk about it, really... Those threads were not closed because it was “too” positive! Or is that your belief?
I see what you and @Tarrou are doing. Pushing the whole ‘positive threads’ mantra.
Like I said, the fact mods are closing them tells you all you need to know. And that goes for the threads made the other way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.