Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Dont know what you are laughing about. Our squad is so much better than wolves, they didn't even have a striker to start the game, and we have the luxury to have 50m pound striker on the bench, they also played a game less than 3 days ago.
We should have won this game easily but instead managed to score our goal with a deflected shot on the 94th minute, that is luck.
You're so fun, please stay and tell us more. We all think you're really interesting, honestly...

OleBoiii

Saved by luck again. Our squad deserves a much better manager.
My list of hopeless cases(it's too bad I'm bad at remembering usernames, as there are probably 2-3 more regulars that deserve a spot):

1. Mainaldo
2. UnofficialDevil
-pending-

SteveW

I've had to start an account to post this, after reading some of the utter nonsense on these threads.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has amassed more points than ANY OTHER manager in the Premier League during the year 2020.

Let me say that again...

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has amassed more points than ANY OTHER manager in the Premier League during the year 2020.

And he has actually played one less game than most managers in the Premier League such as "world class" coaches Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp.

He has also, during this calendar year, amassed more points than Mauricio Pochettinho has EVER amassed as a manager in all his years.

Can those too narrow-minded to see what Ole is doing at our football club and are, instead, calling out for Poch to be installed as our coach grow the hell up.

On top of what I have already posted; Ole is now our greatest performing manager of all time after two years in charge. Better than Busby's first two years, better than Ferguson's first two years.

And like Busy and Ferguson, Ole is overseeing a longterm strategy that will not see us just get to the top, but get to the top and stay there for a long, long period of time. It is a long-term plan, and if you take the time to study what is going on in the Academy, instead of just complaining that the first team only drew at Leicester after we'd played more games than any other team in England during December, then you might learn something. We signed the four most hottest young talents in world football this summer... aged 16/17... From Barcelona's academy, from Real Madrid's academy, the best young player from South America etc....

THIS is all a long-term plan. And those without the patience to see it through over the next few years really need to look at our history. Manchester United HAVE NEVER won a league title without a long-term strategy.

Grow up.

Support our manager.

Support the club's rich history and traditions.
Great post.

I'd pretty much stopped coming on here over the last few months due to the Ole-out people spamming these threads with biased nonsense. It just got to tiring to deal with.

Posts like these remind me that there are a few sensible people left.

Paul_Scholes18

It could be our year, but feels like Ole is holding us back from playing better football. We are good playing direct football, but when we can't do it we look pretty poor.
Hopefully we can step up one level. If we do then we can win it.

Last edited:

M Bison

Supports
York City
Dont know what you are laughing about. Our squad is so much better than wolves, they didn't even have a striker to start the game, and we have the luxury to have 50m pound striker on the bench, they also played a game less than 3 days ago.
We should have won this game easily but instead managed to score our goal with a deflected shot on the 94th minute, that is luck.
just enjoy the win and 3 points you miserable thing.

nyanza

And he also relies on De Gea to save shots, the absolute fraud. If we hadn't scored and they had, we would've lost!!

JustAGuest

Any team you expect to beat Wolves with ease will be walking the league on 100+ points. Those expectations are not realistic.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
As long as we keep winning we cannot complain about Ole.

So often in the past seven years we have had chances to push on. In 2015-16 under Van Gaal, in 2017-18 under Mourinho. There was, however, always a game in those seasons where we let it go. Where we lost momentum. Where the belief died away.

Under Ole something is changing. The old faith to keep going to the end is starting to come back. Under previous managers Rashford has already given up and doesn't run when he sees Bruno on the ball. Under previous managers we drop points today. Ole is shifting the mentality towards winning, however it gets done. Long may it continue.

Holters

"Why does he never rest players. He only plays his favorites"

*Ole rotates perfectly through the tough Christmas period*

"Ole is Mr Tinkerman, it is not possible to get any consistency with this manager".

Solskjær can't win whatever he is doing.

Hopefully he get's backed in the January window, and get's a RW, DCM, DC and right FB during the next two transfer windows latest. Our style of play, mentality and squad has improved greatly under Ole.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Set the team up well and we played front foot football and deserved to win.

I'm actually very happy with how things are going right now both results wise and tactically.

ash_86

I'm an outsider, so take my views as you will, but to me it seems that you've tried quick fixes. Now you have a manager that want's to build long term, and is on his way to do that. After the streak you guys went on after he took over I knew it would take more to get you to a stable contender for the title, you didn't have the squad, and still miss class in several positions, but you seem to be on the right track. I don't understand how people can be so bipolar and jump from extasy to doom & gloom from match to match. Take a step back, breathe and look at the greater picture. Nothing would give me more joy than revenge for 99 in a CL final.
Sad when a fan from other league can see it clearly but many of our own can't.

Who do you represent? And who are you to tell me to go and support Chelsea? I've been supporting this club for 40 years won't have you telling me to go and support another team.
try supporting the manager, and actually look at what he’s done.

Your post was laughable. Nothing wrong with winning ugly, it’s how you become successful.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Guys I can honestly say that despite making excellent signings, playing youth, getting the most points in the league over the last twelve months, scoring constant late winners, being on the best run of form in the league, being a club legend, rotating the side well and looking towards the long term I am not sure about Ole, do you know he once got Cardiff relegated?

always_hoping

January 1st

United was 5th 24 points off 1st having played two games more.

Right now after Uniteds final game of 2020.

2nd 2 points off 1st having played the same amount of games.

Serious progress there and long may it continue.

JustAGuest

"Ole is Mr Tinkerman, it is not possible to get any consistency with this manager".

Hopefully he get's backed in the January window, and get's a RW, DCM, DC and right FB during the next two transfer windows latest. Our style of play, mentality and squad has improved greatly under Ole.
Likewise when he wins a game like this it will be attributed to luck. But when it is another team picking up these sort of wins it is the sign of the champions and so on.

First time in a long time we have had an obvious plan other than counter attack. It's a shame it was something as daft as chipping it behind a deep sitting line into zero space, but it's a start. We were bloody lucky to get 3 points today but its those games that make a team.

Traub

He’s definitely improving as a manager. My concern is the same as always - as soon as we’re favourites, we seem to lose consistency. For example, we’re now second and there’ll be talk of being title contenders. Let’s see if this is followed by a string of bad results.

also, I don’t judge players or managers based on calendar year. There aren’t calendar year trophies. Liverpool were so far ahead after covid break that of course they were going to lose momentum and points, what’s important is where we end up at the end of the season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He’s definitely improving as a manager. My concern is the same as always - as soon as we’re favourites, we seem to lose consistency. For example, we’re now second and there’ll be talk of being title contenders. Let’s see if this is followed by a string of bad results.

also, I don’t judge players or managers based on calendar year. There aren’t calendar year trophies. Liverpool were so far ahead after covid break that of course they were going to lose momentum and points, what’s important is where we end up at the end of the season.
So you judge him on his first full season where he got third then?

Either way he’s done a great job.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Sad when a fan from other league can see it clearly but many of our own can't.
In one way it's easier to see it from the outside, you're not as emotionally invested. I can understand the pain of going from the biggest club in the world to where you have been since Ferguson left, and I can understand that 100% of you would love to be back there with the flick of a switch, but that's not how football works. It takes time to build a team, and in my honest opinion the team that Ferguson left his successor with was overperforming because of Ferguson, which is what made him a great manager. After that you went from big name to big name, both managerial and playerwise. You needed a rebuild.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Fluctuation0161

It could be our year, but feels like Ole is holding us back from playing better football. We are good playing direct football, but when we can't do it we look pretty poor.
Hopefully we can step up one level. If we do then we can win it.
Ole is the one who has got us into this position. Our transfers have been much better under him. He has us taking character into account.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
2 points off top and still he doesn't get any credit from certain individuals. Would much sooner they fecked off than Ole.

RUCK4444

Guys I can honestly say that despite making excellent signings, playing youth, getting the most points in the league over the last twelve months, scoring constant late winners, being on the best run of form in the league, being a club legend, rotating the side well and looking towards the long term I am not sure about Ole, do you know he once got Cardiff relegated?
:lol: You guys are on fire tonight.

So true though. Madness some are adamant there is no progress. Long may it continue.

The_Midfielder

Spurs have better players than Wolves.. They even have Kane and Son..and they have Mourinho.. but they drew against Wolves the last game..

Wolves are a difficult team to play against if they decide to sit back.. They have a good midfield and good defense.. I know we should be winning these.. but how many games have we won against this lot the last few years..

ash_86

In one way it's easier to see it from the outside, you're not as emotionally invested. I can understand the pain of going from the biggest club in the world to where you have been since Ferguson left, and I can understand that 100% of you would love to be back there with the flick of a switch, but that's not how football works. It takes time to build a team, and in my honest opinion the team that Ferguson left his successor with was overperforming because of Ferguson, which is what made him a great manager. After that you went from big name to big name, both managerial and playerwise. You needed a rebuild.
Agree with you. Many were born during the glory years of Saf and are used to seeing us winning all the time. They simply couldn't face the fact that we aren't the best anymore. Currently the rebuild is going well but we need patience from our fans and that's what many here have been advocating. Hopefully some will see the light eventually. We need everyone pulling in the same direction.

Halftrack

The jammiest of wins. Wolves will be disappointed no doubt, but I'm not a Wolves supporter so I can't say I care much.

There's also the fact that when he decides to make a defensive sub and try to protect a lead, people complain about him being a coward and say we should keep attacking to kill off the game. When he has us continue to attack and we concede a late goal, he should have had us defending the lead.

I'm not saying it's the same people making these complaints (though there are probably a couple who've done so) but it's another example of how there will always be someone ready to have a go at him for whatever he does.

Traub

So you judge him on his first full season where he got third then?

Either way he’s done a great job.
Where we secured top 4 on the last day? Like I thought then, he achieved what was required by that point. For progress we should be comfortably top 4 this year and within the title race with a couple months to go. I think that’s progress. The champions league mess is probably the one real mark against his name this season so far.
Overall, I’ll judge him fully come the end of the season. There’ll definitely be ups and downs before then.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I just admire the constant efforts of Ole outers to come up with unique excuses to not accept that they rushed in judging Ole on an online forum where nobody knows them personally.

All the wins are because of luck, individual brilliance, penalties, whereas losses are due to Ole.

The lack of consistency argument is brought up in a year, where we have gotten more points than anyone (?) in the league.

The argument of lack of style is brought up when we have been quite convincing in most of our wins.

And so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.