Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Rushford had 2 clean clean opportunities that he shot straight at the keeper. We should have been cruising.
Yeah, he was diabolical (in a bad way) tonight. I understand that Ole kept him on for as long as he did due to him being great on the counter, but imo he should have been subbed off around the 60th minute mark.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
What a turnaround since his sacking at halftime against Everton.

The United

I think he setup was spot on. We had enough chances to win this comfortably.

Our base midfield not having their game on in the early game kind of stopped that. That and Rashford doing whatever.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Good management is about seeing the bigger picture. The (football) management team clearly do.

That's what we need as a club.

Its only my opinion, but its nice to feel like we're a club again.

Those who think we're entitled to win every game are a shambles. Feel free to keep shouting the short-termist nonsence, provides good perspective.

El Zoido

Good. This is like the third game in a row he’s come out and given an interview, pointed out the strengths and weaknesses of the performance and I’ve thought he’s been bang on. Like he pointed out our need to repeatedly go for the killer ball and not seeing out the game more smartly. So hopefully this is something we can learn from and he can get the players to do better with next time.
Nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes, people act like Ole is just some bloke they got in off the street to manage Man Utd. He doesn’t get anywhere near the credit he deserves.

United58

Really, really hope we keep up this sexy football! Rashford's looking hot, just needs to add finishing. And we've been conservative with Mason this season! I've been an Ole doubter at times during his tenure (he's had times to question him tbf) but we seem to be coming good... long may it continue :devil:

United58

He's incredibly talented. I've never seen that word used to describe him. Not once.
I think the problem there is consistency; he's had stunning runs (when he first started/Bruno's arrival/now) but also shocking runs in between. Bring the consistency of Ferguson and we're in the money

90 + 5min

Time and patience. Time and patience.

Credit to Ed for listning to us and not all those who screamed for his sacking. When you are on a journey and see improvement you just go with it. Despite our results going up and down sometimes we have been taking steps forward since day one when he took over. The whole club is now electric and even those anti-Solskjaer people must be wondering "Did we miss something?". We will still have some bumps on the road but we are going to the top. Just give time and have patience.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The PE teacher is putting on some good lessons, eh? Good set up to start and introduced Matic when the flow of the game was getting a bit frenzied, which gave us some breathing space. They'll likely be talking about penalties on Talksport again, rather than how Ole is inspiring the squad. However, I hope that the Ole outs can at least give him a little credit.

Hawks2008

Probably one of his bigger critics but since crashing out of CL we've been very steady, and coming out of our last 3 league games against tricky opponents with 7 points he deserves credit.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Rashford dribbled past 4 players for one of them mind. Funny how that gets forgotten in the Rashford bashing.
Thats what he's capable of. If we focus on the positives then we would never improve.

We know what he's good at, that's his base level. So let's push him and criticise him to do even better and improve in departments he's not great in.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I did think it was quite funny that he, rightly, took off the underperforming McTominay only for Fred to suddenly start playing really poorly :lol: he's done really well to rotate his squad so much and still be picking up loads of points.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Probably one of his bigger critics but since crashing out of CL we've been very steady, and coming out of our last 3 league games against tricky opponents with 7 points he deserves credit.
Done better than even his biggest fans could have hoped for. I'm frankly amazed at the turnaround.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant game . No reason to doubt him now. That's all we have been asking. A bit of consistency and a playing style. The results will come eventually.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fair play good results in some tough fixtures

saivet

I'm in the same boat as you. Been a big critic but our last 3 games we have had difficult opponents and probably deserved to win all three games. There are still issues but a lot of positivity and Ole has to be given credit.

Also positive that we're not going behind in games early on in games as it was a worrying trend.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
"We can't change the whole squad in one fail swoop but we'll take one step at a time and as I've said all along, I'm going to be successful here - and there are players here who won't be part of that success."

"I'd rather have a hole in the squad than an asshole,"

He is more ruthless than people think. First proper building after Ferguson.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Thats what he's capable of. If we focus on the positives then we would never improve.

We know what he's good at, that's his base level. So let's push him and criticise him to do even better and improve in departments he's not great in.
If he improved his finishing he’d be one of the best around. At 23 there’s every chance he will. What annoys me is the reason he gets the chances he does never seem to be discussed. He misses a few and people want him taken off or dropped. He’s a huge part with his pace, movement and dribbling ability as to why our attack looks as dangerous as it does and is one of the most exciting around. The second chance he has cutting in on his left - I think if that’s on his right foot he scores - and that’s the issue playing him on the right.

On Ole tonight. I loved his post-match comments. Criticised how we saw the game out and also our attacking build up- saying we went for the killer pass too early at times. He knows we need to go up another level and he’s going to keep pushing them to improve.

Walters_19_MuFc

Felt Ole made two really good subs today, especially the Matic one. We were in a period of the game where we needed to get on the ball and I felt Matic gave that to us when he came on.

KettleBlack

I think the problem there is consistency; he's had stunning runs (when he first started/Bruno's arrival/now) but also shocking runs in between. Bring the consistency of Ferguson and we're in the money
Sure. But we are not just aiming for consistency. We are aiming to be consistently a top team.

You don't get to a place where you are consistently among the best without traversing a path of inconsistencies.

Or you could go the Spurs way, and aim for consistent mediocrity.

I'm in the same boat as you. Been a big critic but our last 3 games we have had difficult opponents and probably deserved to win all three games. There are still issues but a lot of positivity and Ole has to be given credit.

Also positive that we're not going behind in games early on in games as it was a worrying trend.
Same. We should be winning these last few, but it's not always been that easy for us, and we are getting better at some of the weaker parts of our game.

We already know we can be very good, but we need to see of he can fix us when we are bad. Consistency has long been the problem and i dont think we can say he has turned the corner just yet. I still think we need to see how we react to a couple of losses, but we are moving in the right direction.

The United

He fixed one major issue with the team lately which is starting the game slowly.

Now, if he can fix another issue out of it which is not being able to finish some decent chances within first 5-10 mins, I think it will boost us huge in term of game management.

Paul_Scholes18

We need to be getting bigger wins though. Time to smash Pool 3-0 and show which club is number 1 in England!

El Zoido

"We can't change the whole squad in one fail swoop but we'll take one step at a time and as I've said all along, I'm going to be successful here - and there are players here who won't be part of that success."

"I'd rather have a hole in the squad than an asshole,"

He is more ruthless than people think. First proper building after Ferguson.
He makes the tough decisions, he's been far more ruthless in creating this squad than any of our previous managers, but seems to have the reputation of being a nice guy/yes man. Just because's not purple-faced and screaming at people all the time. For the most part he's managing this squad really well, and is moving players on from this team with minimal fuss and amicably. He's doing an absolutely tremendous job in my opinion, this team is a joy to watch.

united for life

The PE teacher is putting on some good lessons, eh? Good set up to start and introduced Matic when the flow of the game was getting a bit frenzied, which gave us some breathing space. They'll likely be talking about penalties on Talksport again, rather than how Ole is inspiring the squad. However, I hope that the Ole outs can at least give him a little credit.
i scrolled through the comments to see if anyone said “he got lucky today”. I actually didn’t find any. Mostly praise. I’m happy the fans are coming back to their senses.

ole has done a fantastic job. I say fantastic and not just good because he has to deal with lots of pressure day in day out. The way he’s handled it, never lost his cool, is perfect. He’s responding on the pitch.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Sack Bruno
Sell Ole

Am I doing this right?

Great game tonight, good manegement I thought, though the James sub was weird. Hopefully he can end Liverpool's unbeaten run at Anfield, that would be the icing on the cake and a proper statement of intent

Last edited:

Crustanoid

How much do we need to beat the rat eating incestuous scratters by to get ahead of their goal difference?

Matriac

I know you're joking but his contract runs until the end of next season doesn't it?
It does, but as I've said before I'm certain we'll offer him a new contract for another 2 (total 3) years before the summer unless we fall off a cliff. We don't want to go into a summer window trying to buy players if they don't know if the manager asking for them is supported to stay at the club beyond the season.
It'll be announced before April unless we start losing lots of games in a row.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I know you're joking but his contract runs until the end of next season doesn't it?
I think it does end at the end of next season mate and the way he's going he's gonna deserve a extension. I've been a critic but I have to say he's doing a superb job as things stand and things are looking very positive for the immediate and long-term future of the club.

I know things can change very quickly in football but I'm really on board the direction he's taking us in.

Status
Not open for further replies.