Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Some “United fans” hate Solskjaer, you have to hate him to dedicate most of your day to trying to find something wrong with every little thing the man does.
If that's directed at me, why do I have to hate him to not like something he said?

I don't think Ole is the man for the job but I'm very indifferent towards him. I don't overly criticise nor do I overly complement him. If he leaves tomorrow I won't shed any tears but if we don't have any adequate replacement then if he stays next season then I won't throw my toys out of the pram but some people would be OK if Ole ran over and killed their dog using it's all part of his rebuild as an excuse. Go figure.

Withnail

If you think our multimillionaire footballers are "almost" going through the same restrictions as imposed in the second world war then I really am lost for words.

If he had of said something along the lines of , "we're living in harsh times and i think the players have adapted well." Then I wouldnt have a problem with it at all but bringing up the second world war as if they're some sort of fecking hereos really does wind me up the wrong way and if you think there's absolutely nothing wrong in what he said then I think it reflects more on you than it does on me.
Were ordinary people going about their business in the UK during WW2 heroes?

I think you're over-blowing this mate. Do you think he's comparing them to soldiers or something?

el3mel

No they are factual, financial and phychological improvements. Not trophies, moral or physical. You said there's no difference between finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th - and there categorically is. Your hatred for Ole being manager is clouding very basic football judgement here. Would you prefer to finish 4th, or 2nd? Ask Brendan Rodgers, Klopp, etc would prefer to finish 2nd or 4th. They'll all answer the same thing. Why? More money, better seeds in European competition over time, a psychological advantage on your opponents, etc, etc, etc. I'm sorry progress hurts you as a fan.
Just because you're writing a long post by throwing some agenda nonsense like "hatred for the manager", "progress hurts you as a fan" and stuff doesn't make your points strong.

There's no difference between 2nd, 3rd and 4th when none of them are actually challenging for the title.

All the media and everyone will be talking about City, Pep and how they walked the league in a one horse race title with zero competition. No one will be talking about who got the glorified 2nd place spot.

It's weird to say that when we had a similar experience few years ago when we finished 2nd 19 points away from the top and we thought it would be important and all and guess what ? No one gave a shit about us and it got completely forgotten few years later, so yeah, you can enjoy the "2nd best English team" glorified title. It means feck all if you didn't actually challenge the top team.

Are you seriously complaining we've dropped points against some teams this season? I hate to break it to you pal, but every team has dropped points. Every team has had bad results - City included. Ask some Liverpool fans, Leicester fans, Chelsea fans, Spurs fans, Arsenal fans, Wolves fans if they've had some sh!te results against poor opposition.... What's your point? Every team has played well in some games, and sh!te in others, do you know how we keep track of that? With a league table. We're 2nd. This is improvement on last season, and that of the season before. Have you heard of a thing called trajectory?

You sound like a spoilt fan to expect a relatively newly assembled squad that is learning how to walk before they run at the top, which clearly has glaring issues like the need for a CB, DM, RW, another ST to challenge this fantastic City team for the league :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . We've never been at this City squads level in this era. I hate to break that to you. If you think this squad is at the same level as City, to compete in a title race, you need to stop watching football. Just because City started slowly and we spent a couple of weeks at the top, do you think that means Ole not winning 20 on the bounce is a failure? Do you think United have a squad capable of competing with this City team? Give your head a wobble. This City side has been assembled over 6 years of careful planning and lots of spending power. For the first time post-Fergie, United are finally operating well in the transfer market, bringing quality players to the club, are 2 years in to their re-build and I'm enjoying it. Sorry you're not.

Ask yourself this, what position did you expect to finish at the start of the season? 1st? Did you feck, if you say you did, you're lying. Did you expect us to finish 2nd? Did you feck. So how on earth can you expect us to challenge City now? I expected us to finish 3rd, but I hoped to be closer to City and Liverpool. We're well on track for that. Just because Liverpool have sh!t the bed this season, isn't my problem, we've been better than them, Chelsea, Wolves, Everton, Spurs, etc, etc as it stands & I expect us to finish 2nd or 3rd.

Competing with City at the level they're at requires probably 4-5 years of consistency in some key ares: the same manager, the development of our young players, buying the correct players and completing a serious squad building exercise. Guess what .... we're 2 years in and we've progressed from 6th best to 2nd best. Cheer up, celebrate when we win, don't hope we lose so you can come post more toxic dross on here, and enjoy the ride. We're heading up, the trajectory is positive, we've more points this season than last season, we've a better squad, we're financially able to go buy more players of the correct mould in the summer, and I look forward to it. When we win, I post on here that we're on the correct path. When we draw, or lose, I say, bad result but we're on the correct path. The issue with lots of football fans these days is that they are too short-sighted. You should be celebrating that we've got a club legend who's played and scored so many times for us, managing us and with our best interests at heart - and who is most importantly taking us on an upward trajectory season on season. I'd agree with you if we were 6th, less points, losing every week.
Again, just because you're posting some very long post expanded with nonsense like "spoilt fan" and stuff doesn't make your points any good. You're just rehashing phrases and sentences you have memorized in front of the mirror.

We don't need City's team quality to not drop 5 points again the two teams at the bottom of the league or throw 2-0 lead at half time. Yes, these are the kind of games we should be complaining about dropping points in. Very easy games that would have kept us within at least 5 points gap with City. I didn't complain about dropping points vs Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea, but facing Sheffield and WBA who are getting relegated or throwing a 2-0 lead is our responsibility and we have ourselves to be blamed.

Nothing in these have nothing to do with City's winning run. Even with this run we could have been much closer if we win very easy and winnable games instead of shitting the bed once we got to the top.

And yes, I did expect us to finish 2nd or close 3rd with 80 points or so.

2nd or close 3rd with 80 points or so.
QF in CL.
Good run in a domestic cup.
Probably because I have the standards expected from a club with the size, squad and quality of United and not being content with dropping points to Sheffield and West Brom and considering them normal games to drop points in.

So yeah, instead of throwing some nonsense like "hatred for the manager" or "spoilt fan" just to expand your post, try to write some coherent posts first.

Last edited:

patty123

Absolutely nothing wrong with what he's said at all.

This year has been the hardest since WW2, hence why he said "almost"

I think you must be very bored if you're wasting your time trying to make a big deal out of that.
Utter bollox is what you wrote, as tell that to some poor bastard who lost everything in crash of 08 and ended up on the streets with wife and kids in tow thanks to the wanker bankers.

Some and I said some of you ole in lot are really like a 11 yr old girl drooling over the latest top boyband when it comes to defending him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Utter bollox is what you wrote, as tell that to some poor bastard who lost everything in crash of 08 and ended up on the streets with wife and kids in tow thanks to the wanker bankers.

Some and I said some of you ole in lot are really like a 11 yr old girl drooling over the latest top boyband when it comes to defending him.
And you think that hasn't happened to businesses and people losing their jobs in a global pandemic? wind your fecking neck in :lol:

It's nothing to do with "ole in", more to do with acting like he's committed a war crime because he said it's been a hard year for people. Get over it!

99% of people have never lived in a stranger time than this, so yes it''s the worst we've had it since the war.

Dr. StrangeHate

Did anyone call for his head when he finished second? :houllier: It wasn't until he turned into Mr. Hyde during the following season most fans turned on him, and rightly so.
After the Sevilla game a lot of us wanted him gone as we knew he had reached his limit with us.

Cast5

And some of the Ole Out lot are like a 50 year old woman complaining to the delivery driver that their food came 4 minutes and 27 seconds late.

lex talionis

Ole is a football club manager, not a historian. This comment shouldn’t be taken too seriously or literally.

Cast5

If that's directed at me, why do I have to hate him to not like something he said?

I don't think Ole is the man for the job but I'm very indifferent towards him. I don't overly criticise nor do I overly complement him. If he leaves tomorrow I won't shed any tears but if we don't have any adequate replacement then if he stays next season then I won't throw my toys out of the pram but some people would be OK if Ole ran over and killed their dog using it's all part of his rebuild as an excuse. Go figure.
It could be directed at you, do you spend your days writing thousands of posts moaning about solskjaer, maybe you do I don’t know? You replied so I’d guess you have..

If Ole had ran over and killed my dog I’d be quite upset but if he’d drew 0-0 away at Chelsea and wasn’t outplayed by the possesion style of play genius Tuchel I would be fine.

patty123

And you think that hasn't happened to businesses and people losing their jobs in a global pandemic? wind your fecking neck in :lol:

It's nothing to do with "ole in", more to do with acting like he's committed a war crime because he said it's been a hard year for people. Get over it!

99% of people have never lived in a stranger time than this, so yes it''s the worst we've had it since the war.
Yes they bloody well have like I said, during the crash of 08, they are many here in Ireland that only knew the good times of the celtic tiger era and losing everything when they only had to ask and it be there, was longer an option was strange to them.

As for ole, why use WW2 when they were other issues that have happen that didnt remind people of such horror he could have used, when he compared a bunch of over paid whining pansies like pogba etc to what people in WW2 went through and thats what people have an issue with as well you know, but in true defense of your demi god, you try move the goalposts :houllier::lol:

And some of the Ole Out lot are like a 50 year old woman complaining to the delivery driver that their food came 4 minutes and 27 seconds late.
And so should grandma, as the bastard is 4 minutes and 27 seconds late and then has the balls to put his hand out for a tip, even though he gets paid, cheeky wanker.

As an aside, I think the total lack of patience and consequent pressure from supporters that got Moyes kicked out, was (metaphorically speaking) your supporters shooting themselves in the foot, because he’s still in the game and making big strides with limited resources - all I can add to that is my kindly meant advice to not let that bit of history repeat itself.
Stop rewriting history, as what the feck did clueless moyes do at RS, Sunderland, was let go after his first stint at the spammers and is doing well in a fecked up season with a squad that cost a couple of 100 million to put together. Also thats like saying to an oil city fan why you wanted sparky, mancini gone ? after all saint pippy is doing fecking nothing they didnt, win cups, league, fail big time in Europe even after spending 600 million on defenders alone, oh wait neither of the former were allow do that.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Were ordinary people going about their business in the UK during WW2 heroes?

I think you're over-blowing this mate. Do you think he's comparing them to soldiers or something?
For me yes, the ordinary people going about their business during WW2 were heroes by default, meaning they didn't have any choice but struggle through. I know I wouldn't like to be going to bed at night wondering if I'm going to be getting the shit blown out of me or wondering how far my ration cards will go so when Ole compares his pampered millionaire players to be going through something similar maybe you can understand my disdain.

Maybe you're right that I'm over-blowing this and I do apologise if I'm coming across as an obnoxious prick but certain subjects really do touch a nerve with me and this just happens to be one of them.

It could be directed at you, do you spend your days writing thousands of posts moaning about solskjaer, maybe you do I don’t know? You replied so I’d guess you have..

If Ole had ran over and killed my dog I’d be quite upset but if he’d drew 0-0 away at Chelsea and wasn’t outplayed by the possesion style of play genius Tuchel I would be fine.
What are you going on about?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just heard Ole’s quotes, he is literally just saying how impressed he is with how the players have handled a demanding season. It honestly isn’t worth multiple essays. :lol: Jesus this forum man.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

I don't think Ole is the way forward but to bash him for this utterly ridiculous. The USA has lost more people to Covid than the 2nd World War. He is comparing it to the restrictions and not on the carnage.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Just heard Ole’s quotes, he is literally just saying how impressed he is with how the players have handled a demanding season (and saying that of course the war was a lot worse) It honestly isn’t worth multiple essays. :lol: Jesus this forum man.
Misquoting much?

I don't think Ole is the way forward but to bash him for this utterly ridiculous. The USA has lost more people to Covid than the 2nd World War. He is comparing it to the restrictions and not on the carnage.
The whole argument is in what world can there be any sort of comparison from the restrictions placed on people in war torn countries and what his players (and the rest of us) have just went through? Apples and oranges have never been so far apart.

Foxbatt

He speaks fluent English but I wonder if he would say the same thing if in Norwegian? English is not his mother tongue. To my understanding he is saying that this has been the worst since the 2nd World War and he is right.

Foxbatt

Anyone saw the Arsenal goal scored by David Luiz? Why can't we score goals like that?

Jonno

Just because you're writing a long post by throwing some agenda nonsense like "hatred for the manager", "progress hurts you as a fan" and stuff doesn't make your points strong.

There's no difference between 2nd, 3rd and 4th when none of them are actually challenging for the title.

All the media and everyone will be talking about City, Pep and how they walked the league in a one horse race title with zero competition. No one will be talking about who got the glorified 2nd place spot.

It's weird to say that when we had a similar experience few years ago when we finished 2nd 19 points away from the top and we thought it would be important and all and guess what ? No one gave a shit about us and it got completely forgotten few years later, so yeah, you can enjoy the "2nd best English team" glorified title. It means feck all if you didn't actually challenge the top team.
No problem, I can do short points too if you want.

2nd spot is higher prize money and higher seedings in CL places. So I don't see how "it makes no difference".

Again, just because you're posting some very long post expanded with nonsense like "spoilt fan" and stuff doesn't make your points any good. You're just rehashing phrases and sentences you have memorized in front of the mirror.
Now who's putting nonsense in their posts, talking about memorising things in a mirror - what's that got to do with a debate about football?

We don't need City's team quality to not drop 5 points again the two teams at the bottom of the league or throw 2-0 lead at half time. Yes, these are the kind of games we should be complaining about dropping points in. Very easy games that would have kept us within at least 5 points gap with City. I didn't complain about dropping points vs Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea, but facing Sheffield and WBA who are getting relegated or throwing a 2-0 lead is our responsibility and we have ourselves to be blamed.
You're a short sighted fan, you're complaining after a few bad results. Those bad results were after some fantastic results. I too think the WBA & Sheff United results were rubbish, but I don't just say "right, that's it, tear it up and start again", I look at the whole course of the season and judge it as a whole.

United are being re-built and cannot be expected to hit 90+ points (which would be needed to compete with City) this season, which is what you think is the required benchmark for Ole to be doing an acceptable job.

Nothing in these have nothing to do with City's winning run. Even with this run we could have been much closer if we win very easy and winnable games instead of shitting the bed once we got to the top.

And yes, I did expect us to finish 2nd or close 3rd with 80 points or so.
I expected us to 100% finish behind City and Liverpool - did you think, pre VVD injury / their whole injury crisis, before the first game of the season, that either they or City would finish beneath us? That really surprises me. I expected us to battle for 3rd with the improvements Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester made.

We didn't sh!t the bed when we got top. We were at the top due to great, unsustainable form for this squad. This squad is NOT good enough to get 90-95 points mate, sorry, it just isn't. We need 4-5 good signings to get there. Which we are currently building towards, till fans like you just want to pull the carpet from under Ole's feet mid re-build.

Probably because I have the standards expected from a club with the size, squad and quality of United and not being content with dropping points to Sheffield and West Brom and considering them normal games to drop points in.

So yeah, instead of throwing some nonsense like "hatred for the manager" or "spoilt fan" just to expand your post, try to write some coherent posts first.
Again, you're a spoilt fan. You've enjoyed unprecedented success as a fan, just like me. Difference is, you now think we have some arrogant right to be the best due to reputation and size.... We have to re-build to get there. We were broken when Ole took over. Full of mercenaries, long big contracts, players who didn't want to play for the badge. Ole is restoring the hunger and the atmosphere whilst improving the ability levels of the team.

I have not once said I'm content with dropping points against poor teams, but every team in the 20 team league has, not just United and Ole. Strange to target just us.

Enjoy the game mate, don't get angry if we win.

Foxbatt

Look bash him by all means for the bad results but this is utterly ridiculous.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Are people seriously discussing that one quote in this detail?

Fecking hell.

el3mel

No problem, I can do short points too if you want.

2nd spot is higher prize money and higher seedings in CL places. So I don't see how "it makes no difference".
Fair about the higher prize money but otherwise it means feck all. Challenge for the title first then we can talk about "2nd best team in England".

Now who's putting nonsense in their posts, talking about memorising things in a mirror - what's that got to do with a debate about football?

You're a short sighted fan, you're complaining after a few bad results. Those bad results were after some fantastic results. I too think the WBA & Sheff United results were rubbish, but I don't just say "right, that's it, tear it up and start again", I look at the whole course of the season and judge it as a whole.

United are being re-built and cannot be expected to hit 90+ points (which would be needed to compete with City) this season, which is what you think is the required benchmark for Ole to be doing an acceptable job.

I expected us to 100% finish behind City and Liverpool - did you think, pre VVD injury / their whole injury crisis, before the first game of the season, that either they or City would finish beneath us? That really surprises me. I expected us to battle for 3rd with the improvements Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester made.

We didn't sh!t the bed when we got top. We were at the top due to great, unsustainable form for this squad. This squad is NOT good enough to get 90-95 points mate, sorry, it just isn't. We need 4-5 good signings to get there. Which we are currently building towards, till fans like you just want to pull the carpet from under Ole's feet mid re-build.

Again, you're a spoilt fan. You've enjoyed unprecedented success as a fan, just like me. Difference is, you now think we have some arrogant right to be the best due to reputation and size.... We have to re-build to get there. We were broken when Ole took over. Full of mercenaries, long big contracts, players who didn't want to play for the badge. Ole is restoring the hunger and the atmosphere whilst improving the ability levels of the team.

I have not once said I'm content with dropping points against poor teams, but every team in the 20 team league has, not just United and Ole. Strange to target just us.

Enjoy the game mate, don't get angry if we win.
Stop saying nonsense like "spoilt fan", "short sighted fan", "don't get angry if we win", "arrogant right to be the best" and what you said in the previous post like "progress hurts you as a fan" and "don't hope we lose so you can post toxic dross here" if you want a civil football discussion. This doesn't have anything to do with the discussion as well but they're just some phrases that, yes, you seem to memorize in front of the mirror and want to say it to anyone who complains. Well, no shite Sherlock, If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Go and say these lame memorized phrases to someone else. You're not a better fan than anyone else just because you have a different opinion on the team. Your opinion isn't that important (neither is mine before you throw this lame response as well).

We gave him the praise after the good results and he got enough credit for making a comeback after the CL exit, so it's fair enough to complain and moan after bad results that led to us dropping from being top of the league to 12 points away from it in space of a month or so. This is fair enough for me, unless you want to just give the manager full praise and sweep under the carpet any bad result that happens or blame it on anything else then yeah, not gonna happen.

I didn't say anything about which benchmark point tally is acceptable or not. I'm saying we were leading the table by 3 points gap and then became 12 points away from it because we lost ridiculous points in very easy and winnable games so it's responsibility the gap became this big. You think it's not United's responsibility that his happened, well no it's, because we could have been 5 points close to City rather than 12.

We did shit the bad once we got up top as if we didn't believe ourselves. Losing the first spot by losing to the team at the bottom of the league in a game which we didn't even turn on was "shitting the bed", then continuing on losing more and more points after it till it reached such huge gap is "shitting the bed". This has nothing to do with City's team, their winning run, United's quality or whatever. We don't need more quality or consistency to defeat relegated teams or holding on a 2-0 lead at home. No matter how many times you bring City's quality or win runs, we could have still been close to them if we did our job, we didn't.

No I'm not a spoilt fan, or think we have an arrogant right to win the league. I'm just a fan who thinks United current squad has ton of quality to meet the standards expected from such club and put on a decent enough title challenge. I'm fine with the standards I have with the club. Not once did I said not winning the title is a sackable offense for the manager or that this season hasn't been decent/good, but I'm also not delusional to claim that it's not United's responsibility that we ended this far away from first spot after we led the table for few weeks when many of the points we lost were ridiculous.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The grass is always greener. Where is peoples intelligence? And so before the season started you had to ask, if Ole didn't get Sancho but wanted Sancho......then who get's the blame? Ole? Did Ole start covid? Did it close down business for a great reset? Did he tell Dortmund to be greedy? You could question Ole IF we got the player (though many would have done the same thing). We found ourselves first when everyone else was slipping but no one pre season said we'd challenge for the title and even though we found ourselves first, IF we'd have had Sancho all season.....it may have been enough. Because while I like the look of the kid we signed....the first team are NOT benefitting from that this season when he could have helped us. Pogba was in Good form but has an injury and is out. We've had some strange decisions......

You have to be rational. That's all. People have to stop talking rubbish. Another 5% even or a bit of luck (which you need), and we'd be much closer if not still top. It could be that cavani coming in unsettled Martial. We didn't see a good reaction from him when we signed Zlatan or when we took his number and Greenwoods missed a few chances that last season he'd have scored. So we could have challenged - certainly by overloading offence to compensate for some of the daftness in defense. But in addition, City took the opportunity and that's just how it is.

And i'm not having a go. Many people are biased, and have limited use of their brain. I'm mostly thinking of those people who talk about how many pens United get to influence refs. The same thing happened under Sir Alex when you got Mike Dean questioned for the number he gave to United and that seemed to effect him. Its out of order but they lie and say it all evens out for everyone else.These people don't know how to balance an argument. Which makes them irrational. The fact a forward can have their palm over the players eye and the goals given is borderline lunacy the decisions. We just have to accept it.

Last edited:

Mickson

This. I don't rate Ole as a manager but it's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. Change focus, guys.

Foxbatt

Who the heck does he think he is? A history teacher? He should stick to what he knows.

He must be sacked immediately for trying to compare the 2nd World War restrictions to the Covid restrictions. Doesn't he know that more Americans have died due to Covid-19 than they lost during the 2nd World War?

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm firmly in the Ole out "camp" after yesterday's lineup. He clearly lacks the ruthlessness needed to make us champions. Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to drop Martial and De Gea.
I wrote this after the Newcastle game at OT. I'm eating my words. Henderson in, Bailly in, Cavani in tonight. My man!

Foxbatt

I wrote this after the Newcastle game at OT. I'm eating my words. Henderson in, Bailly in, Cavani in tonight. My man!
Without Cavani there isn't much point in dropping Martial. Poor as he is, he is the only one who can hold the ball.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I mean for all of how shitty it was to live through WWII, at least you could still go out and about and try to have some semblance of a normal life if you weren't enlisted. People could still form human connections; touch, kiss, hug, feck. The fact that it is incredibly difficult for us to do that today is what makes this pandemic challenging for everyone. For example, during WWII you didn't have grandparents waving to their grandkids from their living room window on Christmas day.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
Without Cavani there isn't much point in dropping Martial. Poor as he is, he is the only one who can hold the ball.
Pretty sure it was the Newcastle game where we played Martial up top and couldn't deal with their press. The team seemed unwilling or incapable to play the long ball to him. We had an atrocious hour or so up to James' goal.

If they don't press and just play on the counter, we might as well play Greenwood up top. With both we'll know they wont score, but one is young and has room to improvement and the other doesn't.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not good enough, his subs are atrocious. The way we start the game and control is just shit.

It would be typical Woodward to give him new contract.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Three 0-0 in a row. 4 draws in last 5 in the PL, and we find ourselves in the race for Top 4... again.

Beyond a joke how many are ok with our trajectory under Ole, same shit, different season.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
We concede goals because we sit back, is that the flawless logic of yours? And then we start to counter attack when teams have gotten the first goal in matches?

Fecking hell, no wonder you're on ignore.
Is this because you realised what you said was complete nonsense?

A team who concedes first them becomes the counter attacking team?

Also, we have scored 53 goals this season, 5 of them have been on the counter. Didn't realise 9% is most goals.
"we're a counter attacking team, dO wE EvEn PreSs"

:lol:

Edit: :lol:

dove

Yet another clueless performance witnessed by our clueless manager. The next logical step is to give him a new contract, I am sure Ed is on the case already.

Womp

idiot
So... when can we start expecting some decent football? 3 years in? 4? 5? I need some answers, dammit.

Bwuk

He does a lot of things right, but he does more wrong than he does right imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.