Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMitz

Fergie would be giving the players he'll now, Ole will be saying how disappointed the boys are and they know they need to do better ..... Rinse and repeat for the next time

Shark

@NotShark
I'm curious to know if there's any staunch Ole in members on here that are starting to question him.
Doubt it. Most supporters that haven't at least questioned him at this point are never going to question him.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm curious to know if there's any staunch Ole in members on here that are starting to question him.
I think staunch is a stretch. I think it's more people who recognise that we've progressed in the last couple of seasons from where we were, and also recognise we have no business being anywhere near a title race after the summer's recruitment we had.

Then there's people who for some reason thought we were going to win the league in November and now have lost their heads over the team reverting back to the mean.

SER19

Absolutely love the man. Had his name on my shirts and a club legend for many reasons. Has done an awful lot of stuff right and certainly improved the state of the club, but tonight Id start looking for a new manager for summer. Ole has taken us as far as possible and tuchel and pochettino for example have already been lost.

Viral United

He is been found out.
Every team know how to play against us.
He need to change gameplan.
But I think he won't.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Swap Solskjaer with the manager of every single other Premier League club and all bar one or two clubs’ supporters would feel like they’ve been robbed. Honestly, it’s that ridiculous the position we find ourselves in.

Brighton’s fans would be livid if we got Potter and they were landed with Solskjaer. Ditto Southampton and Leeds. And those are just the clubs in the bottom half, never mind the top half, or God forbid, teams at the top end of the table.

It’s absolutely farcical.

laughtersassassin

Why not drop Bruno into midfield and play 442. Go for the win ffs

Fergie would go for Broke.

He'd Have James and Amad in the wings with Rashford and Greenwood up top in the last 5-10 minutes.

Ole only does like for like subs...

edgecutter

I think staunch is a stretch. I think it's more people who recognise that we've progressed in the last couple of seasons from where we were, and also recognise we have no business being anywhere near a title race after the summer's recruitment we had.

Then there's people who for some reason thought we were going to win the league in November and now have lost their heads over the team reverting back to the mean.
If this is normal we ain't finishing in the top 4 this season.

crossy1686

career ending
The damage Ole has done to the players coaching them. Everyday he coaches them is a loss in their career and no manager can come now and fix the stupidity that Ole implanted into the players heads with short time. We better kick him out of the club in the summer and plan our next manager carefully.
Most of them have largely improved in the last couple of seasons? I would understand if they had all regressed but all their numbers are up in a positive way. What you've said makes no sense...

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Smiling at the end was a disgrace. Our ability to play football is a disgrace. Not changing anything with subs. Terrible. Ole is just bang average and doesn’t know how to change anything. Is Amad yet another player he doesnt rate?

Giggsyking

FFS why the feck he went to spread smiles after the final whistle? Is he fecking happy with the point? he is sure happy!

Abhinav

I couldn’t believe how passive he was today. No urgency from the sidelines, no substitution until the 70th minute and not really influencing anything. It didn’t seem like he wanted to win. Why not bring Amad & take off Matic or do something different. The performance was completely unacceptable and the manager sat their watching and hoping. We need to make a change at the end of the season.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Just put the league position aside for a second, we have won 3 out of the last 10 league games and are on course for 71 points while going out in the group stage of the cl . That's some progress

Infra-red

Swap Solskjaer with the manager of every single other Premier League club and all bar one or two clubs’ supporters would feel like they’ve been robbed. Honestly, it’s that ridiculous the position we find ourselves in.

Brighton’s fans would be livid if we got Potter and they were landed with Solskjaer. Ditto Southampton and Leeds. And those are just the clubs in the bottom half, never mind the top half, or God forbid, teams at the top end of the table.

It’s absolutely farcical.
That's all true, but he's a nice guy and doesn't seem to be as moody as Jose Mourinho, which means he should stay here forever.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is no shocker. He's a limited manager with far too many weaknesses for a top club aiming to win things. It will get worse, we then click into form and win a few in the row, then go to crap again. Rinse and repeat.

When we go on a good run, people will forget all this.

Dinghy

Fecking criminal how he didn't dare to take a risk on Diallo after watching that absolute joke of a second half. Game was crying out for some creativity and he puts on James and McT.

Last edited:

Park's Petrified Pooch

One of my favourite players ever. But honestly. Happy to be in the job. Lucky to be in the job. Desperate to safely keep the job. We need so much better than he’s got. It’s sad to be this angry at one of the clubs legends, but he’s a good manager, and a terrible coach. In a time where coaching is critical.

Superunknown

He doesn't learn from game to game and hasn't really improved over the course of the seasons. His subs are still just as shit, he can't really alter games and take us from a drawing situation to a winning one, and he relies far, far too much on the same 2 or 3 players to do something on the pitch and waits for them to bail him out. He is too limited for the long-term. I'm also starting to question his man-management in the sense of improving players when their performances start to drop. Greenwood's performances have seriously dropped this season compared to last, as has Martial's (I know he didn't play tonight) and Rashford has looked absolutely shocking in several games. Ole doesn't seem to be able to lift the squad right now.

PoTMS

We attacked for a full 90 minutes? We couldn't break down a low block? What does this even mean?
When you don't recruit effectively in the summer, this is what happens.
So 3 wins in 10 is acceptable for you? You really are the Glazers' wet dream. I hope to God they don't give Ole any more money to piss down the drain. It would be a good start to hire someone more competent.

Falcow

Fergie would be giving the players he'll now, Ole will be saying how disappointed the boys are and they know they need to do better ..... Rinse and repeat for the next time
Exactly this. He is just too nice, he doesnt do confrontation which is vital in elite sports. The way we started the second half should be confirmation of this for anyone who doubts it. And if that's not enough, take a look at Rashys performance, no player would ever dare serve up that shit under Fergie.

Sitting there hiding in the dugout doesnt work. Dont think I have ever seen a manager who is successful do that?

Red00012

Why not drop Bruno into midfield and play 442. Go for the win ffs

Fergie would go for Broke.

He'd Have James and Amad in the wings with Rashford and Greenwood up top in the last 5-10 minutes.

Ole only does like for like subs...
Said the exact same to my mate while we were watching it

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think the fact that United finished the game having made 2 subs with one of them being Mctominay for Fred is truly embarrassing. You think Fergie let's that game drift to a draw with young attacking players sitting on the bench ? Even if he didn't want to be aggressive he could have taken Rashford off but do something ffs

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s definitely time to part ways. Thank him for improving the squad, but it’s not working. Too many performances like this one.

Thanks Ole, but time for a change in the summer if we want any chance of true progression. It annoys me to say it, but sitting though more games like that is madness.

crossy1686

career ending
One of my favourite players ever. But honestly. Happy to be in the job. Lucky to be in the job. Desperate to safely keep the job. We need so much better than he’s got. It’s sad to be this angry at one of the clubs legends, but he’s a good manager, and a terrible coach. In a time where coaching is critical.
Is he supposed to be unhappy to be in the job? Desperate to keep his job safely? As opposed to un-safely? Genuine question, I'm confused as to what this actually means.

OneUnited24

Today’s on him. Cowardly tactics. With Baily we can play a high line but instead we sit deep. This causes our two holding midfielders to sit back and leave no support to our attackers. Ole does this far too much. He’d rather draw games then try to win them and that’s not the trait any united manager should have.

I’m not ole out but these cowardly tactics and reluctance to change things early on can’t go on. Look at the impact James and mctom had when they came on. Joke of a result asafter thecity game well be back in a top 4 scrap

crossy1686

career ending
So 3 wins in 10 is acceptable for you? You really are the Glazers' wet dream. I hope to God they don't give Ole any more money to piss down the drain. It would be a good start to hire someone more competent.
:lol: Where did I say that?

Our form's been terrible lately. We've missed Pogba and Cavani badly, and Martial, Rashford and Bruno have been poor for weeks. Problem is, who do you drop them for? There's the issue.

So who do we hire then? In the summer, who's the manager we replace Ole with?

He cant coach.

He copies what he saw under Ferguson. He can use those same methods to motivate players and hes good at creating the club spirit, but when it comes down to a game of football on the pitch he doesnt see what's going on. Nothing is going to change that.

The difference between us and Cardiff is we have much better players and facilities. The level of coaching is equally limited.

Lewnited

This squad is performing miles below the sum of its parts. We spent the first half of the season playing crap but winning games in moments, fine. Now we're not even winning games and we still can't string two passes together.

Forget talk about not being backed, this current squad is both better and deeper than at least 16 other teams in the league. So why is it that we struggle to put two consecutive, good performances together? If we're going to sit here and pretend all of a sudden that our whole squad is crap then we're basically right back where we were under Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.