Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinGin

The fact, even Pep in the conference, he had not commented about the super league before he get full detail when reportor ask about that league.
He spoke the against speech when the reportor ask that a competition without relegation and promotion.

Ole answered the first question which similar to Pep first answer
BUT, no one asked Ole the second question when he was on that conference.

Correct me if i missed that question

Last edited:

Mr Smith

The fact, even Pep in the conference, he had not commented about the super league before he get full detail when reportor ask about that league.
He spoke the against speech when the reportor ask that a competition without relegation and promotion.

Ole answered the first question which similar to Pep first answer
BUT, no one asked Ole the second question when he was on that conference.
Not to mention Ole was the first manager asked, mere minutes after the story broke. He'd barely had a chance to absorb the news, you can hardly expect him to come out swinging. I'm confident he was apoplectic behind the scenes.

MinGin

Not to mention Ole was the first manager asked, mere minutes after the story broke. He'd barely had a chance to absorb the news, you can hardly expect him to come out swinging. I'm confident he was apoplectic behind the scenes.
Bro, i have the same opinion with you.
I am just mentioned even Pep in his conference after the news breakthrough 1 or 2 days. No harsh comment for the Super League made by him until he get full detail. This is exactly the answer Ole replied.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
We can’t take our foot off the gas when he defends the Glazers. Because you know he will
Are we lambasting him for things he might do in the future now?

Of course it would be sweet if he went on live tv and said the Glazers are a bunch of parasitic cnuts, but what will it accomplish really? Ole gets some "respect" from fans and gets sacked. Thats it. It wont magically remove the Glazers and despite the ESL crashing and burning, it really is a poor opportunity to go on the offense re the Glazers since there are no bloody fans in the stadium

jackal&hyde

Of course it would be sweet if he went on live tv and said the Glazers are a bunch of parasitic cnuts, but what will it accomplish really? Ole gets some "respect" from fans and gets sacked. Thats it. It wont magically remove the Glazers and despite the ESL crashing and burning, it really is a poor opportunity to go on the offense re the Glazers since there are no bloody fans in the stadium
That is what some of our "fans" want.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I got to say after watching players like Maguire, Shaw, Rashford and Bruno Fernandes speak out for Manchester United against the Super League- I absolutely love the work that Ole has done to elevate the amount of leadership our team has had.

Feels like security guards protecting the club. Ole has done amazing work to bring some in or assist some to get a bigger mindset.

I'm not saying he is the cause for everything good - but the club is improving in alot of different levels with Ole in charge. Even Woodward leaving is partly due to the anger/threats by our players/team that Ole has set up.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Ole really bottled a chance to speak against the Glaziers here. Not a fan of him being a puppet. Same with SAF last few years, but he still performed.

Paul_Scholes18

Well, that's the point isn't? People like Paul_Scholes18, Schmeichel's Cartwheel and others wanted him to get fired.
No I am just not happy to support Glaziers FC after what they tried to do. Ole lost my respect by saying nothing just to give him some extra millions. He did not even have to attack Glaziers directly, but question the superleague. Even Pep did speak out and he works for even worse owners than ours.

Longshanks

We can’t take our foot off the gas when he defends the Glazers. Because you know he will
Would you publicly attack your employers in your very well paid job when they have already admitted to the mistake and backtracked from there posistion? I dont think he will defend them when asked either I suspect he will play everything with a very straight bat and I wouldn't expect anything else frankly.

The ESL was a shocking proposal based on greed and quite clearly the owners have completely mis-read how it would be viewed, but I dont expect Ole in his posistion of employee of the glazers, is going to come out swinging in a public forum.

He may well have said his piece in private but at the end of the day his job is to manage the first team squad not to make high level board decisions about the buisness, he will have his opinion probably alot like ours but he wont go publically shaming his employees about it, just to then likely get sacked. How daft would that be?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Might surprise a few but I've just heard he was the brains behind the whole ESL operation. Can't verify it as I just made it up but trust me.
That’s enough for cartwheel face to attack him

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No I am just not happy to support Glaziers FC after what they tried to do. Ole lost my respect by saying nothing just to give him some extra millions. He did not even have to attack Glaziers directly, but question the superleague. Even Pep did speak out and he works for even worse owners than ours.
Let's not act silly here. Ole has no social media and press conference to say something. Pep had press conference to say it because his team is playing today. Do you ever think that?

big rons sovereign

Agenda driven nonsense thinly veiled as fan based concern.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Do you expect him to call his own press conferene, when the hell would he even had a chance to adress the issue?

Ole was asked about the rumours about the ESL 5 hours BEFORE it was announced close to midnight.

Klopp and Pep was asked questions during match press conferences where they were given a outlet to speak into without seeking one out.

Can you elaborate on what is wrong here?

lysglimt

Scout
There is so much wrong in what you are writing - it's hard to know where to start.

Ole as a manager has never had your respect for one - so I dont know how he lost it.

Support Glaziers ? They are his bosses - either he gets on with them or he loses his job. That doesn't mean he agrees with Everything he does. I hate a lot of the decision my Company makes - but if I scream about on Facebook or social media, I wont have a job. Instead I try to influence the decision in private - and I get to keep my job

How do you know he didn't question the super League ? There are some people who seems to think that just because you can't see it, it doesn't exist. I am convinced Ole has told Woodward what he thinks of this - but you can't expect a guy to criticize something he knows very little about before at least having time to learn what it's about

Are they really worse owners than us ? From a footballing point of view maybe - from a managers point of view where winning and getting the players you want is the most important - maybe not

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ole really bottled a chance to speak against the Glaziers here. Not a fan of him being a puppet. Same with SAF last few years, but he still performed.
Give over ffs, what did you want him to do, open a Twitter account and start posting tweets about how much he hates them? No other manager came out of their own accord either. People on this forum piss me off sometimes, any excuse to have a dig. Same as tha cartwheel weirdo, pathetic Ole bashing for something that hasn’t even happened

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
When? He didn’t even know anything about it when he was last on TV and it hadn’t been officially announced.

crossy1686

career ending
So what happens to Ole now Ed's gone? Wasn't Ed a big defender of Ole? I'm sure he'll keep his job, or at least I hope he does but we'll find out soon who was pulling the strings

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Do people really believe Ole wouldn't have been throwing chairs behind the scenes? Look at the culture he's fostered at the club, players like Shaw so confident, becoming a leader now. Quiet players like Mata/De Gea leaders also.

I don't need to see a few messages on social media, to know that he would have been fully supportive behind the movement. In fact I would gladly bet my life that he was putting pressure on the owners himself too.

Last edited:

AshRK

Man you are having a Perez here. Give it a rest. Next you will make up a story of how Ole backed Glazers for ESL.

Gasolin

As we said, Ole got 20mn to read a statement, Pep got a full day minimum. Big difference. Also, no one asked Ole about the promotion / relegation stuff that triggered Pep's response because, surprise, in 20mn, nobody had the time to even absorb what it was exactly. This is simply insane to try to spin everything on Ole. He is the best thing that has happened to United in recent years post SAF. The testament of seeing how the team is united when they play, they score, they win and to protest the ESL is the proof of it.

SuperiorXI

Do people really believe Ole wouldn't have been throwing chairs behind the scenes? Look at the culture he's fostered at the club, players like Shaw so confident, becoming a leader now. Quiet players like Mata/De Gea leaders also.

I don't need to see a few messages on social media, to know that he would have been fully supportive behind the movement. In fact I would gladly bet my life that he was putting pressure on the owners himself too.
For sure, behind the scenes I've no doubt Ole would have been going mental, it goes against everything he has known in his footballing life. No one in football liked this idea.

No chance he comes out and slams the Glazers, at least not while they're here.

Eriku

Agenda posters. I wonder if they truly believe this shit themselves? How little must you have gathered about Ole’s character and love for the club in order to believe this shit?

Gasolin

So what happens to Ole now Ed's gone? Wasn't Ed a big defender of Ole? I'm sure he'll keep his job, or at least I hope he does but we'll find out soon who was pulling the strings
There are stories that in fact, Ed "lost" to Ole as the latter was in direct contact to Joel. We will see as you said. He is the only one who can help Joel to understand now the football side and not make another costly mistake like the ESL.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

If Ole is an Glazers Out then he should remain silent. Let the Glazers drown in all the bad publicity. Why open your mouth and distract things?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The guy has literally built up the confidence or the squad of United to include Shaw, Maguire, Rashford and Bruno Fernandes.

If the players are getting a thank u for the way they talked then in my eyes Ole deserves some credit for changing the mindset of the squad aswell.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Status
Not open for further replies.