Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

At the end of the day he’s here to be judged on how he manages the squad and how they perform as a team.

Let’s leave it that way. Stop the agenda projecting on both ends.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
People having a go at Ole are being ridiculous.

The sentiment among United players was not as fierce but serious scrutiny was applied. Solskjaer was left in the dark until Woodward confirmed reports of a Super League were genuine once the team sheets had been handed in for United’s match against Burnley on Sunday. Solskjaer is said to have cut the conversation short to concentrate on preparing his side.

After the 3-1 win — during which Solskjaer was forced to face the glare on a controversial topic he knew nothing about, much to the irritation of the manager — the players were in deep discussions with each other about what it all meant. The squad is split into two dressing rooms at Old Trafford owing to coronavirus restrictions but they were as one in bemusement over the situation. “They were all talking about it,” says a source.

crossy1686

career ending
People having a go at Ole are being ridiculous.
It's weird because Solskjaer and Klopp have gotten a lot of support from the media for being thrown to the wolves with no idea what's going on at their own clubs and having to answer questions before and after games. But people here are giving him shit? You know they've ran out of ammunition now

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ole really bottled a chance to speak against the Glaziers here. Not a fan of him being a puppet. Same with SAF last few years, but he still performed.
:lol:

Name me a manager who has spoken up against owners while still being employed. Two days ago Klopp defended FSG in his post match interview. Ole is not the fecking problem here.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's weird because Solskjaer and Klopp have gotten a lot of support from the media for being thrown to the wolves with no idea what's going on at their own clubs and having to answer questions before and after games. But people here are giving him shit? You know they've ran out of ammunition now
It's clear that the managers and players were thrown under the bus. There weren't even meetings with club employees over this. The owners just joined and told everybody after the fact. Nobody had a clue what was going on but Ole is supposed to read up about it all while in the dugout. :houllier:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
OGS is on the verge of guiding us to our second top 4 finish in a row and is only a trophy away from undoubtedly being the best post-Fergie manager. Some might already say he is.

Yet people want to chuck him out and get who?

crossy1686

career ending
It's clear that the managers and players were thrown under the bus. There weren't even meetings with club employees over this. The owners just joined and told everybody after the fact. Nobody had a clue what was going on but Ole is supposed to read up about it all while in the dugout. :houllier:
Imagine being told 10 minutes before a game you're going to be playing in a SL next season and then at the end of the game getting smashed with questions about it? What the feck are you supposed to do?

crossy1686

career ending
OGS is on the verge of guiding us to our second top 4 finish in a row and is only a trophy away from undoubtedly being the best post-Fergie manager. Some might already say he is.

Yet people want to chuck him out and get who?
Someone who isn't a Glazer puppet and will call them all a bunch of greedy cnuts apparently? Shortest managerial reign ever?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Imagine being told 10 minutes before a game you're going to be playing in a SL next season and then at the end of the game getting smashed with questions about it? What the feck are you supposed to do?
Should've got on his Ipad in the dugout and scrolled through twitter obviously! :lol:

It's fecking laughable the lengths some of our so called 'fans' go to shit on Ole. Unreal.

Paul_Scholes18

:lol:

Name me a manager who has spoken up against owners while still being employed. Two days ago Klopp defended FSG in his post match interview. Ole is not the fecking problem here.
There are many who have done it way more than Ole though. Even in this situation Pep did speak out against it and Klopp more than Ole did.

It is clear that Ole is Glaziers dream manager. It is so weird how everyone just defends him cause they like him and that is what Glaziers like. Someone that is not going to challenge them to change.

crossy1686

career ending
There are many who have done it way more than Ole though. Even in this situation Pep did speak out against it and Klopp more than Ole did.

It is clear that Ole is Glaziers dream manager. It is so weird how everyone just defends him cause they like him and that is what Glaziers like. Someone that is not going to challenge them to change.
:lol: Pep had two days to prepare for the presser, Ole had 10 minutes

macheda14

Ole really bottled a chance to speak against the Glaziers here. Not a fan of him being a puppet. Same with SAF last few years, but he still performed.
1, he had no chance to really speak on the matter apart from after the Burnley game when he was given zero time to digest.
2, whilst Klopp and Pep spoke out against the SL they didn’t speak out against their owners.
3, you try speaking out in public against your boss. Everyone talks shit about their bosses, do you do it in a public forum? No because you’d get sacked. He literally has his dream job and is doing all he thinks he can within the structure - supposedly he was instrumental in the structural change with Darren and Murtough. If he spoke out he’d probably be sacked and then whilst there would be protests the Glazers wouldn’t care, just like they’ve never cared.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Oh yes Pep that spoke two days after the announcement :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

:lol: Pep had two days to prepare for the presser, Ole had 10 minutes
He could have still said something. Yes it is not easy, but he could have spoken against the change without going for straight attacks. Or at least speculated and given us something about his opinion.
Thus indirectly making his point clear.
I guess he either do not care or fear for his job that much that he do not say anything that might upset the Glaziers. Either way it reflects poorly on him or the Glaziers.

Halftrack

He could have still said something. Yes it is not easy, but he could have spoken against the change without going for straight attacks. Or at least speculated and given us something about his opinion.
I guess he either do not care or fear for his job that much that he do not say anything that might upset the Glaziers. Either way it reflects poorly on him or the Glaziers.
He knew basically nothing about it or what the changes would be.

Could you lay off the agenda driven garbage posting for once?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Don't you think he needs to learn and look at the full detail first before he can have something to say about it?

This is common sense though, before you speak about something, you need to learn/understand it first.

AshRK

Did you even here pep's press conference. He said he and the players only knew about it few hours before they confirmed so basically well after the burnley game. How do you expect Ole to know or comment on it. You do realize right before the Burnley game even we fans weren't aware of it. Ole was managing a match and not reading the gossips. So how or what should he comment. Should he just start bashing glazers without knowing anything and make a fool of himself. You here are just making points for the sake of it.

crossy1686

career ending
We have zero fecking idea what was said to him by Ed in the brief conversation they had before kick off.

I can absolutely guarantee you it wasn't "We're leaving the PL and CL, starting our own league and keeping all the cash. If you get asked any questions about it after the game be a good boy and don't say anything".

There's a reason these people hold these positions and it's because they don't react emotionally to news when they've not had time to digest and look at all the available information. Under the circumstances I think he handled it well considering he was thrown under a shower of bullets.

Withnail

Bro, i have the same opinion with you.
I am just mentioned even Pep in his conference after the news breakthrough 1 or 2 days. No harsh comment for the Super League made by him until he get full detail. This is exactly the answer Ole replied.
It was just before City announced they were pulling out when Pep spoke against the Super League so he likely knew which way the wind was blowing.

It was good timing, nothing more.

Golden Nugget

All I can say is that I’m very glad that most here are sensible and sane and there are only a small minority that are idiots and think Ole did anything wrong.

CG1010

No I am just not happy to support Glaziers FC after what they tried to do. Ole lost my respect by saying nothing just to give him some extra millions. He did not even have to attack Glaziers directly, but question the superleague. Even Pep did speak out and he works for even worse owners than ours.
Atleast he would lose a job and opportunity to work with his dream club. Why don't you take action instead of words and stop supporting the club as you say you are not happy to.

Zen86

Atleast he would lose a job and opportunity to work with his dream club. Why don't you take action instead of words and stop supporting the club as you say you are not happy to.
Curious to know what @Paul_Scholes18 endgame is here. Surely he would expect the next manager to criticise the Glazers and swiftly get the boot also? We wouldn’t want a puppet for manager after all.

Paul_Scholes18

I probably will after this season yes. I am sick of this clubs owners. I like our players though and feel for them. I feel for the players us winning something would be nice.
The fact Glaziers wins though if we win is annoying to think about so best to win the league cup and Europa league that gives us least amount of money and prestige.

Paul_Scholes18

Curious to know what @Paul_Scholes18 endgame is here. Surely he would expect the next manager to criticise the Glazers and swiftly get the boot also? We wouldn’t want a puppet for manager after all.
I am sure if Glaziers did that fans would want to kick them out and not accept it. Also media would report and put pressure on the owners to leave.

I think if Ole get fired for speaking his mind then the Glaziers would get lots of shit.

Paul_Scholes18

Yes I am a bit too emotional still. I can understand Ole not saying anything before he knows more. Just it was a chance to speak about the ownership without going directly at them.
If they do not speak out now when will they do it?

Zen86

I am sure if Glaziers did that fans would want to kick them out and not accept it. Also media would report and put pressure on the owners to leave.

I think if Ole get fired for speaking his mind then the Glaziers would get lots of shit.
Just Ole, or do we need a string of manager sackings?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

I wrote a comment earlier that you've ignored, could you reply to it? Im dying to know when you thought it would have been prudent for Ole to speak up after the news broke from the clubs that they were forming a new competition.

Paul_Scholes18

Just Ole, or do we need a string of manager sackings?
I think if Ole got fired after speaking his mind about the superleague fans would turn on the Glaziers.

I know they are already not popular, but it would increase protests etc and media would also give them negative publicity.

The-Natural

He doesn't have the trophies and the legacies that Klopp and Guardiola do that gives them far more leverage with their employers than Ole has with his. He somewhat fortuitously got his dream job a couple of years ago and has hung in there and done his best and is trying his utmost to bring success back but if we are being honest is far more disposable than those guys not to mention the fact that the Glazers are probably the most ruthless of them all who would happily tell him to go elsewhere. Throw in that this is his actual income that gives his family a much better life (and he probably won't get that kind of salary ever again elsewhere in management) and you would have to be a real dick to totally expect a big diss to the ESL from Ole. Would LOVE IT if he did but will not call him a coward if he doesn't.

Best we can hope for is a comment saying he's always loved the Champions League and is excited to be back in it again next year. It shows what he thought of the whole thing without inviting his employers to bin him.

crossy1686

career ending

That hasn't bothered them until now. They live in America, they don't give a shit what happens in the UK.

Ananke

Anyone firing shots off at Ole for not coming out and instantly condemning this, is an imbecile. A very very small percentage, we're talking decimals, said anything. Most of which were skirting around what they were saying. And most of which had scheduled press conferences already.

Klopp tried to swing the attention onto "Gary Neville should not be talking about our song"...most players (from those 12 teams) on Instagram were coding their messages and very careful with their words. I have huge respect for anyone who came out, employed by those clubs, and said directly "I don't like this", Milner was one, before this all crumbled. But I'm not offended for anyone staying silent within the first few days whilst all the information came out. You're putting your livelihood on the chopping block.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How many of you can go in front of the press and blast your employers?
You guys are hypocrites.

Paul_Scholes18

I wrote a comment earlier that you've ignored, could you reply to it? Im dying to know when you thought it would have been prudent for Ole to speak up after the news broke from the clubs that they were forming a new competition.
He could have speculated and talked about the idea as such.

Anyway yes I do not think we should read too much into this regarding Oles opinion about it. Although his response feel similar to Tuchels that it is the owners making the call and he is just doing his job.

theklr

Cant believe people are dissing him for not saying anything when he literally knew NOTHING about what this would mean.

Pep and Klopp had time to understand what it was about, but they wouldnt have said anything if they werent questioned at a game/press conference, and thats not a dig at them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.