Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

We do need a striker but Ole still has to do better as a manager. Just blindly hoping he turns out like Klopp is idiotic. I agree with Neville where he says why don't we let go of Mata Lingard and Martial. What is the plan in just stockpiling these players. Just get rid of them and get a quality striker.
I mean I don't disagree with us needing a striker. I disagree with Neville just casually blaming the club for not going for Harry fecking Kane in a summer we spent ton of money to get Sancho then followed it by Raphael Varane. It's not like City have managed to land Kane yet while offering 150m or something. To just blame the club for not signing Harry Kane out of all strikers in the world this summer is ridiculous.

It looks like for Neville and some others, the board will always be at fault no matter what they do. If we had signed Kane alongside Sancho and Varane, they would have blamed it for not signing a midfielder on top of them.

Crustanoid

Would you prefer if Man Utd operated with the same model as Chelsea?
Chelsea are a plastic oil fuelled financially doped nothing club. I’m not sure, even if we tried, we could emulate their ‘model’. Imbecilic question

criticalanalysis

So just because Jose and Van gaal failed doesn't mean we should stop hiring top managers. Just because Ole is your buddy doesn't mean you just make stupid excuses for him.
It's insane Carragher has a better perspective of what Utd's expectation should be rather than the stream of context and excuses.

Ole - undeniable good jod thus far, no one can take that away from him but he simply needs to deliver that he can improve the quality of the squad from his management and coaching, not by spending more. We need to be contending and dominating our opponents. If we don't get a title or cup at the end of the season, fair enough but nobody can look at Southampton's game and think 'yes this is an anamoly and he dragged them to the best they could be'.

tomaldinho1

So just because Jose and Van gaal failed doesn't mean we should stop hiring top managers. Just because Ole is your buddy doesn't mean you just make stupid excuses for him.
Also, were Mou and LVG really managers seen as being at the 'top' when they were hired? Mou you can make a case for because his trophy cabinet is so unbelievably good although 99% of our fanbase didn't want his style of football and many were wary after the Chelsea meltdown but LVG was semi retired...we've never actually hired a single highly rated younger manager from a top league.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Nothing wrong with it, from a Chelsea perspective, but they're not Man Utd. Also Man Utd don't have an oligarch with bottomless pockets in charge.
Lets put aside Roman's money. It is not related to this. Chelsea's model (same goes for Bayern and Real; clubs which win trophies) is being ruthless. You (player or coach) must deliver NOW. If not, sacking/selling starts and bringing someone else.
Yes, i admit, i prefer that style.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Lets put aside Roman's money. It is not related to this. Chelsea's model (same goes for Bayern and Real; clubs which win trophies) is being ruthless. You (player or coach) must deliver NOW. If not, sacking/selling starts and bringing someone else.
Yes, i admit, i prefer that style.
Meh, the decision makers at Man Utd clearly do not prioritise trophies. Top four is sufficient for them. I've learned to live with that and to support the club legend in charge of the football team.

AshRK

Also, were Mou and LVG really managers seen as being at the 'top' when they were hired? Mou you can make a case for because his trophy cabinet is so unbelievably good although 99% of our fanbase didn't want his style of football and many were wary after the Chelsea meltdown but LVG was semi retired...we've never actually hired a single highly rated younger manager from a top league.
Actually that's a true point. Both Jose and van gaal one can argue were not at their real top. I was sad when tuchel went to chelsea. Really wanted him to manage us one day. But now can't see it happening. Ole is here to stay and I am fine with that but the likes of neville should stop defending him for everything.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

By his logic, we should never buy big name player again. We have a lot of them who failed.

croadyman

YES absolutely he is so blatantly making excuses and looking a right clown for doing it

KiD MoYeS

Ole himself has said last season was not successful as there was no trophy won. He is under pressure to deliver silverware but that is pressure he will have put on himself.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't take Neville's opinion on managers and mainly Ole seriously.

Mainoldo

Nothing wrong with it, from a Chelsea perspective, but they're not Man Utd. Also Man Utd don't have an oligarch with bottomless pockets in charge.
I think he asked you to confirm what’s your issue if nothing is wrong with their model.

KiD MoYeS

I think he asked you to confirm what’s your issue if nothing is wrong with their model.
It's Chelsea's model. Man Utd are not Chelsea. I don't support Chelsea, they're the antithesis of Man Utd in many ways. That's my personal feelings on it.

Mainoldo

It's Chelsea's model. Man Utd are not Chelsea. I don't support Chelsea, they're the antithesis of Man Utd in many ways. That's my personal feelings on it.
So what’s our model? You’ve only seen 1 and it involved giving a genius 25 plus years. It’s not a model it’s a Leo Messi lottery :lol:

Hence why we have zero titles since he left.

KiD MoYeS

So what’s our model? You’ve only seen 1 and it involved giving a genius 25 plus years. It’s not a model it’s a Leo Messi lottery :lol:

Hence why we have zero titles since he left.
Well we have shit owners unfortunately whilst their owner has proved very successful. Nothing you or me can do about it.

Mainoldo

Well we have shit owners unfortunately whilst their owner has proved very successful. Nothing you or me can do about it.
Yeah but in all honesty we just have a shite manager like they did with Lampard. Hence why even with these shite owners we won a title and Champs League.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
But, money issue (stealing money) aside, our owners are running the club in a way you like. In a family way. When you sign for United, big chance is that you will retire there :wenger:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah but in all honesty we just have a shite manager like they did with Lampard. Hence why even with these shite owners we won a title and Champs League.
It is funny when you mention that. Lots of United fans don't rate Arteta (especially him) and Lampard (more or less). But at the same time we have same type of manager here.

Mainoldo

But, money issue (stealing money) aside, our owners are running the club in a way you like. In a family way. When you sign for United, big chance is that you will retire there :wenger:
You’ve got a good point. They run the club better then Roman and City. Jesse Lingard pretty much deciding to have a season off with no consequences. Phil Jones doesn’t have to even turn up for work. Then our manager gets a pay rise to ensure when he finally gets fired he can pocket £25m because the owner likes Him.

clarkydaz

We give players more wages than City or Chelsea, and have done for years. Is that the United way?

tomaldinho1

G Nev should just avoid United related questions. The simple answer to Carragher's point (which is fair) is just to say it's been two games & we're sure United will be in the running this season (which is true, I hope), not to launch into a defensive speech which is so easily picked apart, it just makes him seem biased. Ole has had time, he has had money, this is the season we need to see the progress in the tangible form of challenging for major honours.

lloyd2wayne

I don’t think he’s tactically a good or a top class coach but has a great man management. I will love for him to be in a DOF role.

KiD MoYeS

right, so we throw money at players like they do. difference is we are shit at it
Exactly, as I previously said the board tried the Chelsea sack model between Moyes and Mourinho and it proved to be expensive and unsuccessful. Chelsea are set up to sack managers, they carry on in the transfer market even if they don't have a manager!

Eriku

To me Ole is a bum.

I’d hoped the squad quality would be enough to carry him and make up for his shortcomings. Kinda still hope, but him being our manager is a hindrance, not a plus.
No respect for the rebuild job he’s done? A bum?

I’m astounded that there are people who think this kind of talk is what he’s due.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Exactly, as I previously said the board tried the Chelsea sack model between Moyes and Mourinho and it proved to be expensive and unsuccessful. Chelsea are set up to sack managers, they carry on in the transfer market even if they don't have a manager!
Not like United don't spend money though. Issue has been the lack of DoF and not hiring a genuine top manager who is not past it. Just because we got it horribly wrong in the past, it doesn't mean we should just settle and keep what we have because it's just okay.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It is funny when you mention that. Lots of United fans don't rate Arteta (especially him) and Lampard (more or less). But at the same time we have same type of manager here.
Ole is a better manager than Arteta. If Arteta managed us last season we would've struggled to finish top four. He's horrendous.

R'hllor

They didnt try at all, Chelsea sack model doesnt go from giving LvG money to spend on his type and then do 180 with hiring JM that pushes out players like Blind, then sack him after he bluffed the shit out of them to get a new contract, hire Ole that sells Afro few months after JM gave him a new contract etc.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ole is a better manager than Arteta. If Arteta managed us last season we would've struggled to finish top four. He's horrendous.
Based on what? Not that i rate Arteta (i don't) but i am curious why? And it goes other way around. Where do you think Arsenal would finish with Ole? Would he won a cup?

432JuanMata

I’m all for Ole but he reminds me of a better version of Moyes(not comparing) he took us and fixed many things and has done well getting a good team together which has seen us move up the table but feel that is his level. I’m very unsure he can actually win titles

AshRK

Based on what? Not that i rate Arteta (i don't) but i am curious why? And it goes other way around. Where do you think Arsenal would finish with Ole? Would he won a cup?
You don't need to rate Ole but why do you resort to shit statements. Ole has done much better than both arteta and Lampard. We judge by what we see,.arteta has finished 8th twice while Ole has consistently finished in top 4. So yesh he has done a much better job and How does it matter what Ole would do with Arsenal? Do we now judge everyone on that basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.