Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I fell into apathy for a while over our failings in Europe — losing an easy semi final in the Europa; following it up next season with finishing 3rd in a CL group we could’ve easily won, and then losing another very winnable Europa final… but this is the first time in a while I’ve felt genuinely angry about a result.

We sat in our box against Young Boys. We had 0 shots in the second half. It’s genuinely embarrassing.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Sums it up.

Just not good enough, those who still think he's the right man for this club are beyond saving.

Silas

Shocking lost.

But don't act like we're out, get a grip.

5 more games to go.
Not that I'm embracing the hysteria, but wasn't this the same attitude some had after Istanbul last year? There are clear issues.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Everyone is a world class hindsight manager on the sofa when we lose. Thought his changes were good and we were seeing the game out for a hard-earned point rather comfortably until a HUGE error. That isn't on the manager.
No but Ole definitely isn't.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
With 10 men, subbing Lingard on was pointless wasn't it? Pogba was struggling with the press and physicality and having one of those games. He should've came off. Subbing in an extra centre back only invited more pressure. I also don't know why Sancho was subbed off so early when we needed to prepare to play on the counter. Could've kept him on, tell him to play RB and hold on for the first half.

2 weeks ago we saw how Tuschel's team handled being down to 10. This was not how to do it.

Phil

Again we have no playing structure, again he makes terrible subs, again we lose in the CL.

He's bad.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Anyone who mentions the red card as some sort of an excuse is just embarrassing himself . It’s a freaking Swiss team we were playing . Do you think Man City , Chelsea etc play the way we did ? We genuinely didn’t get 3 passes together in the second half and that came from the manager going to a back 5 for no reason and letting them have all the ball

Infra-red

His inexperience really showed tonight. He absolutely shat the bed when we went down to 10 men. I doubt Carrick/McKenna would have been much help, either. Not a position you want to find yourself in with a manager and coaching staff who are all still learning on the job.

Dansk

I've never been attached to Ole and I preferred that we'd looked for a different manager this summer, but I don't see how this was on him. We hadn't looked at all dangerous in the first half, so when we went down to 10 men while up 1-0, it made sense to attempt to hold onto the lead. It's not as if we were dangerous with 11 men, we just had one Ronaldo moment. What was he supposed to do, pray that we'd suddenly look more dangerous when down a man? Young Boys played really well and we were a man down for 60 minutes, and Lingard pissed away the draw that would have been a perfectly serviceable result given the circumstances. It's not as if anyone with any sense could expect Ole to predict that Lingard would do something like that.

Eddy_JukeZ

Repeat what I have been saying for ages. To reach the very top, you need a the most talented coaches. I am all for him staying but I accept we will always be a nearly team. Others should do the same.
The worrying part is we might waste the squad. It's ready to win now.

But yes, Ole will always be a 'nearly man'. That performance today was inexecusable.

Our ball recycling is just too poor too often for a top side.

NK86

AWB getting sent off and Lingard passing the ball to them in his own box with the last kick of the game is totally on Ole. You agenda pushing shit heads.
Did you see Chelsea play with 10 against Pool at Anfield? Compare that performance to what we showed against fkng Young Boys. If you still say they are the same performances and Ole did as well as Tuchel, then there's no point talking about it with you.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That was a terrible performance. I can't blame him for AWBs red or Lingard's back pass, but surely we need to be having more control in the game. We sat way too deep since the red and really didn't have a clue how to release pressure

edgecutter

Honestly? I find this sort of view bizarre. Compare us to a few years ago and it’s night and day. We will smash our way thru this group don’t worry.
If we can't get through this group he needs to go. 3 years in charge and we looked clueless. We have some top players in their prime and they will be wasted while we wait for a guy who is nearly 50 to come good.

FattyFooty

Ole has really got us going with a far better team than our previous managers.

And he subbed the most succsesfull player in Champions League history off. For J-Lingz.

I usally try to stay away after losses, but this one he deserves alot heat. This was REALLY bad.

Djemba-Djemba

He was absolutely fecking horrendous.

It was like he was picking names out of a hat at random to work out who he was going to bring on and take off.

7th defeat in 11 CL games under his management at Utd.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
This isn't just Europe. This season so far we've looked bad in 3 out of our 5 games. And he has a rolls royce of a team. He can't do shit like this anymore, it's time to deliver or leave at this stage.
We've looked poor but people put their heads in the sand as we won most games

saivet

I don't really have an issue with the individual substitutions but the way we played as a team after the red card was extremely poor. We are a pretty chaotic team in general which long term probably isn't the way to sustained success.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
We could have easily controlled the match even with 10 men if not for the moronic subs. I love Ole but he can never be an elite manager. Just keeps getting timing wrong of key in-game decisions.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No problem with his managment today. Should have rested Ronaldo and Fernandes but they didn't get 90 minutes and will be fit for Premier League.

Red card put us in difficult position.
Exactly. Don't know why people are blaming Ole , right:lol:

Robaldo

Really poor subs and no reason to be that negative.

Far from a Van de Beek fanboy but completely unnecessary to sub him off; he'd played fine and given some structure to our play.

If OGS can't top this group it's embarrassing, let alone if he can't qualify from the group. If we don't qualify it's damning.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If we don't get out of this group, Ole should ne sacked on the spot. That was a clusterfeck of a second half performance.
Down to 10, understand that we need to be focused on defending better but to play as if we were away to City or Liverpool. Even Chelsea were much better against Liverpool after going down to 10. Horrible performance, capped by that absolute moron gifting a goal in the last minute.
Chelsea controlled the entire match.

Ole is simply not good enough for this club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Shocking lost.

But don't act like we're out, get a grip.

5 more games to go.
No one is acting like that. I don't give two fecks if it's a dead rubber game. Shit like this should have been cut out after Istanbul. The fact that it's still happening is a huge concern. I don't give two fecks whether we did this after topping the group. You have no excuse to be so casual and shite against Young Boys, even with 10 men.

19 shots to 2, feck sake.

ti vu

Terrible in game management.

Why play 5 at the back after half time but by sacrificing the midfield, and at the same time negating our attacking outlet? Fred is Fred. Bringing Pogba deep was not helpful. We ended up losing the midfield, and back in the corner to defend deeper. Even down to 10 men, if this team is well coached on ball retention, we have enough quality to control the possession to see out a better result.

But no, we cowardly go to 5 at the back to defend, and being bad at it. At this point, it's clear to see it's the coaching, and mentality from the manager that is the issue.

Chip

AWB getting sent off and Lingard passing the ball to them in his own box with the last kick of the game is totally on Ole. You agenda pushing shit heads.
Did you watch the game? We could easily have lost 1-4, and that is absolutely on Ole. Being completely dominated by minnows with a squad like ours, 10 men or not. We looked clueless even before the red card.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
After going to ten men his subs were too defensive. You can sit deeper and be solid, but you need more than one man willing to counter them, else it’s too easy for them to mop it up and go again which they did.

NK86

The worrying part is we might waste the squad. It's ready to win now.

But yes, Ole will always be a 'nearly man'. That performance today was inexecusable.

Our ball recycling is just too poor too often for a top side.
All comes down to coaching. I think if we don't sack him soon, he could well be our Daglish mk2. Like a brick around our neck as we drown but cannot get rid due to some sentimentality.

Infra-red

Sums it up.

Just not good enough, those who still think he's the right man for this club are beyond saving.
Nice chap and a United legend. He is clearly a bit short at the top level of management, though.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
You realize Lingard was his own fecking sub, right ? Ole was the one who put him in the game instead of Cristiano fecking Ronaldo.
WHAT THE feck DOES THIS MEAN!? I can’t believe Ole didn’t foresee Lingard doing that. He brought him in for his energy and pressing. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out why Lingard may be more use when you have 10 men and are struggling to get the ball back than a 36 year old ffs. This defeat is on two people who had total muppet moments.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We weren't good even before red card. We were hardly able to control football. After red card we just parked the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.