Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopral Jono

All I know is serious questions need to be asked when you sign a £70m winger and you still play McTominay and Fred at home against fecking Aston Villa.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
He's incredible shit as a coach and is incredibly lucky. The strangest thing is how many (seem to be English) supporters he has. How everyone can't see how underwhelming we play, it's very strange. He would get fired at any other club and the fans would demand it too. We're lost.
In English football culture, some fans think that supporting the club is supporting the manager. Where s other countries know the difference. They have it right, as well. In a top club in Italy or Spain he would have been out after his first full season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Again, it is not just results. We were dominated. Again. Wolves, Saints, YB and now Villa. 4 games already where opposition were better team.

kiristao

None of us know what he does during training but it's pretty obvious he doesn't do much during the game.
Neither do you see him screaming out instructions, nor do you see any kind of tweaking of formation and you definitely don't see him making subs to influence the game. Yes last week it did come off with the Matic+Lingard sub but that was more of an anomaly than the norm.

M16Red

It's looking a heck of a lot like we're in a situation where literally just any competent opposition coach is going:

Coach A: 'Tips on how to beat United?'
Coach B: 'Oh, just use basic tactic A.'
Coach A: 'Which variant?' The gamma? The inverted sigma adjustment with the-
Coach B: 'No, just the vanilla tactic.'
Coach A: 'Haha. Very funny. No, really. Some tips on how to beat him.'
Coach B: 'Haven't you been watching them? Seeing everyone play them like that?'
Coach A: 'I have but, come on, who would possibly believe that-'
Coach B: 'I'm telling you. They have no idea what they're doing. Try it on Saturday and see.'

Two days later:

Coach A: 'Holy shit it worked.'
Coach B: 'Told you.'
:wenger:

UnitedWA

The fisherman Ole's terrible home record and form just grows up. Last time he cried about inability to play against low block teams, so what happened today against pressing team? Inexplicable!

R'hllor

Wave is coming from other side to clap back, other side retreating into their holes until shift, what a crazy dynamic.

lex talionis

I’ve been an OleIn man but what we’ve seen from what really is strong squad this season has shaken my confidence in his ability to take us to the next step.

His stubbornness is what’s really pissing me off. Poor performances should not be rewarded.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Seriously how can you watch this team and not see the fact that we have no real system and are completely incapable of controlling a football game . It’s a group of individuals sent out to try & do something with no clear idea of what to do . Amazing thing is that our opponents are now more aware of the deficiencies than our manager is . They let AWB have all the ball in the world knowing that he can’t do shit . We are making exactly the same errors that we were making an year back and it’s just pathetic to watch . All I get to hear is how Jose did this & moyes that . Who cares about that . Tell me what this guy is doing

chiz2kul

All I know is serious questions need to be asked when you sign a £70m winger and you still play McTominay and Fred at home against fecking Aston Villa.
Its baffling. I asked a similar question in the match day thread and someone told me that one is better off the ball and the other is better with the ball.
Like wtf does that have to do with anything

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
The worst part of Ole's management has yet to come...the post-match presser. I always feel uncomfortable when I watch him giving interviews. Wish he would send Phelan to do them.

Sylar

The start of the second half was shocking. Down to players but also him. The two injuries didn't help but a change could have happened much earlier to get control

We need to be set up to attack at home also
Playing two defensive minded midfielders in Fred and mctominay and still having them be bypassed at home is not it

It was a shambolic performance and the penalty would have only saved us.

Eriku

Chelsea are also reigning European champions because they did what we are too sentimental to do.

They are also on equal points despite having a harder start to the season, whilst we are crawling over the line against teams far inferior to us.
Absolutely. Still, just meant to tweak some of the more emphatic posters’ certainties on the subject of the gulf between our managers. Not saying Ole is as good as Tuchel.

The Newcastle game is overrated. It was a pretty close game at 1-1. The game only opened for us after Ronaldo's second goal.

So yeah, it wasn't actually a good game from us.
Maybe not, but we sure as shit weren’t outplayed.

youmeletsfly

He seemed to really get into a stride, but overall, the lacking parts are too obvious. 2-3 more games like this and I feel he gets the sack, Ronaldo didn't come here to finish 5th.(even if it's early, the signs are there)

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It's that time of the season where we start playing poorly and our upcoming fixtures point to an Ole sacking
And then when he’s one game away from the sack, he beats Guardiola’ City and we start over again. The story is getting a bit boring.

Revan

Assumptionman
Honestly our fanbase is just bad at football. Like horrifically bad. You could put a game of rounders on at OT on matchday and our fanbase wouldn't know any better. We're quite a unique club in that respect.
I would totally give an entire season on the condition of having 5 managers getting fired in the same year. Hopefully, it will end the madness of this religious cult of God-manager that our fanbase has. It happened with every manager in my lifetime except LvG who had only a small cult.

It is absolutely incredible and unique. In other clubs, the fanbase wants the manager gone ASAP when he shows to not be capable of leading. In our fanbase, it is excuse after excuse, and blaming everyone except the manager, despite that it has been clear that he is as good for United as manager, as Djemba-Djemba was as a midfielder.

Skills

Snitch
Did Zidan have time on his contract?
I think he did both times around. But you can tell Solskjaer and Zidane are polar opposite personalities. Zidane seems like one of those super ambitious nutters who's also difficult to deal with. Oles more of the - it's the taking part that counts.

That went for his playing career as well. He was for the most part happy making a living/contributing off the bench.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I want Ole to succeed but I think he’s gone by January now, our run of games are too tough and you can’t just hope Ronaldo keeps digging you out.

My biggest concern is who we replace him with.
I've been a staunch Ole in for some time, but reading a lot of the comments on here, it seems that Ole's race is run, but yes, who would we bring in?

Ole has done a terrific job so far in getting some good players in, and moving on plenty, but that work is still in progress. I wondered why we bought VDB last year, when he patently doesn't fit our system, and Sancho this season, when we had brought in Amad and Pellestri already, and Mason was performing quite well on the right wing.
One of the big problems I feel, is that Ole is under pressure to win silverware, so he seems reluctant to give the likes of Hannibal, Elanga, Shoretire etc minutes from the bench, but instead we have Mata, Matic, Lingard who are experienced, but not the club's future. Those minutes could have been invaluable.
I did advocate the club bringing in a top experienced coach, to work alongside Ole and the others, who are all very inexperienced sometime last year, but I think there are fundamental issues that the coaching staff appear to be getting wrong some of the time.
Very disappointed with today's result, and also, from the comments made, the performance.

ShinjiNinja26

People will say we’re still level on points with Chelsea, City, Pool blah, blah but it’s the performances, the performances have been fecking dire so far and are simply unacceptable with the talent in this squad. A lot of our current main players are coming into their prime years so we have a 2-3 year window in which to win something big. Something needs to drastically change or this team is going to be wasted and fizzle out into nothing.

Baneofthegame

Just feel like we don’t know what our best eleven is still, do we play Pogba LW? Mason or Sancho?

It was clear to see Villa were a much better organised team today who pressured AWB as soon as he received the ball, we were awful in midfield as well today.

As a shock to no one, looked our best on the counter.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He doesn't have the level in him to go farther than this. He and the coaching staff. He should do the honorable thing and resign.

Kopral Jono

Its baffling. I asked a similar question in the match day thread and someone told me that one is better off the ball and the other is better with the ball.
Like wtf does that have to do with anything
:lol:

It's amazing how some fans would find the most random of angles just to defend Ole. I wonder if they'd say the same thing if we're not being managed by a club legend.

Red Star One

Think about it: if Ole gets the sack tomorrow, which clubs would be interested in hiring him as their manager? I don’t think he would land a job in any Premier League team honestly.

Shark

@NotShark
Romanticism has utterly destroyed this club since SAF stepping down. We've said it time and time again but Ole not only being limited tactically but then on top of that bringing in his yes men and not surrounding himself with coaches of merit is lunacy and downright arrogant.

Revan

Assumptionman
Zidane knows his abilities and knows that he can get a large contract whenever he wants. Ole knows his limitations and knows that he is back in Norway after this is over, and won't ever manage another top 50 clubs in his life.

Nevertheless, pointless to blame Ole for this. Ed, Glazers, and the other idiots who extended his contract and now won't fire him are to be blamed.

AFC NimbleThumb

At this stage, I think that I hate him as much as I ever hated Moyes. And boy, oh boy, I fecking despised Moyes.

A total and utter fraud. When he will inevitably get sacked (the sooner the better if we don't want another wasted season), he won't ever manage again in a top league.

At least Moyes had the excuse of an aging team. Ole has no excuse at all, he is just fecking awful.
I used to spend hours in the Ole In/Out threads arguing against the blind faith his supporters gave him, only for them to explain their way around why losing in European finals/semis & latter stages of domestic cups are no longer important. That brought me to the point you’re at some time ago.

I don’t know the main personally so I won’t go as far as to say I ‘hate’ the man but I have a disdain I can’t say I’ve ever felt for a United manager. Moyes was out of his depth & rightly so lost support quickly but this man continues to piss all over this fanbase whilst his followers tell you it’s raining.

We’ve got the semblance of one of the most exciting squads for some time, & this mans approach is stifling all chance of anything flourishing. He always needs time or signings as if ideal situations are a certainty in football, he’s lived off that night in Paris & a few counter attacks against Citeh yet for multiple seasons hasn’t come up with a way to combat the Villa’s, Palace’s, Burnley’s. We’re getting exactly what we deserve for persisting with him.

Okey

When Ole eventually leaves, empty handed, it will be fun to read how his tenure is reviewed, and what the expectations really were. I've always believed one cannot give what they do not have. Ole has not a shred of evidence that would have made us think he will take us back to the top. He's done amazing at rebuilding the squad and got us facing the right direction again. That was his brief and it's done. Good sense dictates that the board know when that job is done and when the next is due, actually starting to compete properly again. The sooner the better. We've faffed around enough.

fergieisold

Romanticism has utterly destroyed this club since SAF stepping down. We've said it time and time again but Ole not only being limited tactically but then on top of that bringing in his yes men and not surrounding himself with coaches of merit is lunacy and downright arrogant.
there was anything but romanticism until ole. He’s done a great job stopping the rot. Very critical season for him now though to see if he’ll take us further.

today was awful, probably the worst under his tenure.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I'm so tired of the self-righteous fans, maybe they will finally keep quiet with their delusion now it is for all to see that Ole just isnt good enough.

Superunknown

Ole is only still with us because of who he is and what he has done as a player, rather than what he's doing right now or what he's offering as a manager. I like the man, but I don't like the direction that we've gone in with the football that we're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.