Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
People will obviously call for Ole's head. Football is a results business and we have now already lost three games this season against opponents we should be beating. Having said that, all that has changed in our starting XI is Ronaldo has replaced Cavani and Varane has replaced Lindelof.

We struggle to get a foothold in games because it's the same midfield we had last season and that includes Fernandes, who, despite being a very good plays, acts on emotions too many times.

That being said, regards the game today, something wasn't working and nothing was changed by Ole. I get that the injuries didn't help, which restricted Ole to only one change, but I just think he needed to do things quicker today.
City don't have a striker and Chelsea's defence has an average age of like 95. No team is perfect. The best managers make the most out of what they have.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Forget it. Some people here are still mocking Chelsea and Real as sacking clubs and question is that better than our way.
Our manager's cult is unique. Only around united manager is a God. In every other club manager is just an employee
After last season, "sacking club" should never be used as a criticism of Chelsea again.

Giggsyking

Zidane knows his abilities and knows that he can get a large contract whenever he wants. Ole knows his limitations and knows that he is back in Norway after this is over, and won't ever manage another top 50 clubs in his life.

Nevertheless, pointless to blame Ole for this. Ed, Glazers, and the other idiots who extended his contract and now won't fire him are to be blamed.
You just summarised what I have been saying for 3 years.

fergieisold

I admit that the worst LVG was far more depressing than the worst Ole, but even this season look at our games (and there’s been a few) and tell me that it really looks that much better - to me it doesn’t.
the attacking football has been miles better...but the worry is at the moment it’s complete inconsistent. Crucial few weeks for ole coming up now, he usually pulls it out the bag but I’m not so sure this time after watching the game today.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
People bashed me because i was saying this but; this is what you get when you hire a manager whos only job on highest level was managing (and relegating) Cardiff.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
the club is in the gutter.

we have a relegation manager in charge of a all star squad. :lol: its actually sad and the worst thing is that it will be too late to save the season by the time we decide to move from him
I think that sums it up. All star squad with a manager no big club would ever consider to give job.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We’ve added Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho yet were no better. How is that possible?

dove

So many angry people here today who have no idea what they are talking about. There is no better manager than Ole. He is only in his 3rd year so in this short period of time he cannot do anything really, what do you expect? In 2024 we will see a true United team (of course if he is allowed to spend at least £150m each window). Losing against mediocre teams is a part of the bigger plan which many people fail to see. Support Ole because he was a good player for us. Replacing him with someone else would result in a total disaster.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People bashed me because i was saying this but; this is what you get when you hire a manager whos only job on highest level was managing (and relegating) Cardiff.
Ole has done a good job, we were a disaster but he has solidified us to consistently qualify for the CL, quite comfortably. But that's his limit and that's why we need to change. We shouldn't wait for a disaster to occur to change, we should be proactive about it and just get someone in who can get us to make the next step up to win big trophies, as that's not going to happen with Ole.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
In Ole we trust, Rome doesn't build in 1 day, he finished 2nd last season, and now still equal point, top of the league.

Womp

idiot
And Ole came second with that midfield last season....
City won the league and made the CL final, Chelsea accumulated more points than us since Tuchel came in, made a domestic final and won the CL.

We came second by a country mile and got knocked out the b tier European competition

Walters_19_MuFc

City won the league and made the CL final, Chelsea accumulated more points than us since Tuchel came in, made a domestic final and won the CL.

We came second by a country mile and got knocked out the b tier European competition
But you do agree that Ole came second with that midfield, right?

Irwin99

A make or break schedule one hopes.
It'll be the usual bollocks and back and forth between the rival sets of our own fan base when Ole lines up a defensive counter attacking strategy and probably wins a decent amount of those games prompting the usual 'told you so' and 'we're back' ...and then we'll probably lose to Newcastle or Watford when we play them next prompting the 'Ole out' stuff. I'm betting on a 3-5-2 and some solid defensive performances full of "hunger and desire" etc. Honestly wouldn't bet on us losing many.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Ole should be a director of football. He signs good players and doesn't ruffle any feathers. He does not really have any of the qualities you would expect from a manager. Qualities like, motivating players, in-game management, touchline involvement, tactical flexibility, verbally skilled, etc etc.

I always wondered why Ole contantly trips over his words and talks poorly. This has always been my main criticism of him. Lots of you say it is because it is a second language but he has lived in the UK for most of his life.

Anyway, he might turn it around and hang on to his job for longer. I am happy for him if he does. In truth now is a good time to move Ole upstairs and get a winner in but it won't happen.

Denis79

So many angry people here today who have no idea what they are talking about. There is no better manager than Ole. He is only in his 3rd year so in this short period of time he cannot do anything really, what do you expect? In 2024 we will see a true United team (of course if he is allowed to spend at least £150m each window). Losing against mediocre teams is a part of the bigger plan which many people fail to see. Support Ole because he was a good player for us. Replacing him with someone else would result in a total disaster.
:lol: :lol:

dove

In Ole we trust, Rome doesn't build in 1 day, he finished 2nd last season, and now still equal point, top of the league.
This. People who fail to see an unprecedented potential of our coaching staff are not real fans.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
You guys have too good of a squad to squander in the hands of an bellow average coach. Conte is available. He's a clear upgrade. The board should go for him. I don't believe Ole has the capacity to turn things around.

Mainoldo

It’s been a good education piece for my kids. In life you can only wing it for so long. Get out before you get found out.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
It'll be the usual bollocks and back and forth between the rival sets of our own fan base when Ole lines up a defensive counter attacking strategy and probably wins a decent amount of those games prompting the usual 'told you so' and 'we're back' ...and then we'll probably lose to Newcastle or Watford when we play them next prompting the 'Ole out' stuff. I'm betting on a 3-5-2 and some solid defensive performances full of "hunger and desire" etc. Honestly wouldn't bet on us losing many.
You're right. I was fantasising about the make or break stuff.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You guys have too good of a squad to squander in the hands of an bellow average coach. Conte is available. He's a clear upgrade. The board should go for him. I don't believe Ole has the capacity to turn things around.
If he had good coaches with him he might, but it is the blind leading the blind down a blind alley.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think it's romanticism, I'm not sure Ed Woodward and the Glazer family are the romantic types. I think it's a lack of appreciation for what a coherent team that is developing looks like and a focus solely on results with a minimum target of top 4 which Ole has met every time so he is safe. He almost certainly will this year too so I would imagine we've got plenty more time watching a team that clearly isn't going to win anything of note but will be good enough to stay as a top 4 regular.
With the Glazers and Ed, I think the reason is they are too shit scared of getting appointments wrong. Any safe pair of hands seems like a God send.

DoomSlayer

Can Solskjaer start taking some public responsibility for the lack of team play? I'm getting as pissed off watching his press conferences as I was when listening to Mourinho talk. Own up and act like a man, for fecks sake! :mad:

AshRK

It’s been a good education piece for my kids. In life you can only wing it for so long. Get out before you get found out.
Hate admitting it but yes his time is slowly coming to an end. He cannot take us beyond this.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's done a good job to get us this far but I suspect taking us further is beyond his skillset, unless he's savvy enough to bring in a high-level coach who could address our underlying issues and delegate to him. This far into his time here though, it's perhaps too late to do so.

The United

We might actually go through fine the next 8 - 10 games period. Just have a funny feeling about it.

But, yeah, the way we start the games have been a huge problem. Why can't we start the game like we did against Leeds this season?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But but......the best managers make the most of what they have or some bollocks like that.
Yes, and thats why Klopp in his tenure won Champions Leagues, made back to back title charges and got the PL title in one. Its why he had feck all defense and still finished in the top 4 and its why his team is back to looking rampant now.

Its why Tuchel walked into a completely new squad, new league and won the Champions League straight away.

The best coaches get the best out of their players. This is a fact and only an imbecile would look at Ole and think he hasnt underperformed relative to his peers and available talent.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He has to get it right on Wednesday or he could be in serious trouble.
I won't hold my breath about our management acting swiftly even then.

One clear argument which is brought up by many is very relevant for club hierarchy to think. If Ole is sacked now or resigns, will even a tier 2 club employ him? Answer is no. Then why is he managing one of the biggest club in the world?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I desperately want him to succeed but after today, maybe it's time i face up to the fact that it might not happen. He looks far too limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.