Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

g11

Not sure what Ole has his team trained on during the week because tactically they play exactly the same week in week out no matter what the opponents. While Ole has to play with 2 defensive midfielders in McTominay and Fred every single game? Neither of them has a thru ball forward pass in them. We play with no creativity with both of them on the field.

There is no flexibility in our playing - we play with no winger so opponents are just going to clog the middle up and play compact within their box. We have the ball but have no idea what to do with them - all they do is try to get the ball to Bruno and Greenwood and hope for a moment of brilliance.

This team has so much attacking talent at the moment and it is sickening to see Ole hamstrings it with his incompetence.

Sylar

No one is asking him to be angry, only not to smile when most utd fans are seething.
Again, you cant control character traits. For all we know, hes smiling like this throughout, except the camera was timely in capturing it at a moment that annoys you.

As I said, there are more frustrating things to criticise than a character trait that is part of him and wont change.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Just offer Ole a higher role, let him sit with Fergie watching games so we can get so happy that we see his smiling face, and we all know he's great with building a team and progress , so he can overlook on that.

Bring in a world class coach.
This isn't the answer. If we sack him as the manager then there's no point moving him upstairs. I would like to think the club has a structure now and we can move forward without him.

James Peril

Honestly the first half was 8/10 from everyone and I thought it'd be a 3-0 game today.

Can't blame Ole for that goal, the players should really deal with that situation. There were maybe a grand total of 2-3 dangerous situations from the Everton play and they scored on one and were offside on the other one.

One concerning thing again is that Ronaldo upfront by himself doesn't seem to add a lot to the game, needs someone to play off of.
With this mentality going about, no wonder he is still in a job! The first half was pretty dire and we created little against Everton without their best players, this was not Liverpool or City. Interested to know, how do we score three goals when we didn’t create any chances except for the goal!? Absolutely no 8/10 performance from anyone, we were hiding and struggling to create chances - as usual.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He even patted Townsend after Townsend tackled him, after scoring a goal against us. I would have punched that Bob Ross looking SIU wannabe or tackled him back.

VivaRonaldo85

The people who would be most upset if we sacked Ole?

Our rivals

Tells you all you need to know
True. My mate who supports Liverpool was pleased Ronaldo scored the other night as he says that’s a few more months of Ole in then. If it wasn’t your own team you’d laugh.

Shark

@NotShark
Again, you cant control character traits. For all we know, hes smiling like this throughout, except the camera was timely in capturing it at a moment that annoys you.

As I said, there are more frustrating things to criticise than a character trait that is part of him and wont change.
That's such a weird thought. Ole relentlessly smiling throughout an entire match like Barney the dinosaur.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He's so irritating. Not only isn't he a good manager but he's also such a weirdo. Who the feck smiles after such a game....
It's nervousness, that's how some people deal with pressure, like one of the posters above, which is fine. However, it's not ideal to have someone who deals with pressure like that in such an important position of authority over others.

Eplel

Whether he laughs or cries after the game is irrelevant, he is not the manager we need or want.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not getting the best out of the players he has. That is the bottom line. The top managers would.

When you watch City you just know they will score two or three. With us you just dont know which team will turn up.

Looking like Lampard at Chelsea, where he was just not quite up to it.

Wilt

Again, you cant control character traits. For all we know, he‘s smiling like this throughout, except the camera was timely in capturing it at a moment that annoys you.

Probably a bad case of wind

Fooza

This isn't the answer. If we sack him as the manager then there's no point moving him upstairs. I would like to think the club has a structure now and we can move forward without him.
I do agree, I'm only saying that to please those desperate to see him win us things, he can still be a part of it, just not a managerial role. Rewarding him with a role upstairs isn't as bad if he is willing of course. But yes we need to move forward.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Let's not reach the point where the match going fans turn against him. It'll be ugly and uncomfortable to watch, I don't want it to happen to him. The board should decide regardless of the fans.

Giggsyking

You need to check my posts then. I've always been on the fence with Ole in fact I wanted him gone up until January 2020 but then he started to convince me he was doing a good job and we were moving forward as a club. I've praised him when we do well but have criticized him when I feel like it was warranted.

I'm in the same boat as @Pexbo He's done an underappreciated job at rebuilding the club and setting us up for success but unfortunately it's looking he's not the man to take us to the next level.
We have been saying this for a long time, the job he has done could have been done by a competent director of football. But his main job is to teach the players how to play as a team, he is very incompetent in that regard. He himself said he does not do the coaching, trying to imitate sir Alex in his late years and he is still in his diapers as a manager.

Okey

It's exactly like Lampard at Chelsea. Out of his depth with a good team. Maybe worse cos Lampard is a rookie. Either way, same thing needs to be done...put them out of their misery and get said good team playing the best it can.

Castia

I’m Ole out after today.

Absolutely clueless in team selection, team system and formation, the better the squad has become the more out of his depth he looks.

Not good enough we aren’t winning anything under Ole I’ve seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

It’s time to go.

AndySmith1990

Our rivals

Yes this is very true.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say I'd be delighted if Klopp and Pep left Liverpool and City. Klopp has transformed the team into something that's feared, and City will always be there or there abouts in every competition with Pep coaching.

Our rivals are far less complimentary about our manager, and with good reason. He's transformed us as far as spending vast sums of money to buy new players, but as far as being a great football team goes we're not really any better off than we were when Mourinho finished 2nd.

Reactions: Fortitude

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Our rivals

Last year rival fans openly wanted that we finish top 4 just to keep him on the bench.
He is ruining excellent squad. This season just started. If we sack him soon, we can still do great things this season. But, we will rather waste this season, it is certain thing

passtheball

To those who argue that Ole's smiling on the toucline at the end of the game doesn't matter: of course it matters! Can you imagine SAF doing that? Pep? Klopp? Tuchel?

Heck, can you imagine any of Moyes, LvG, or even Mourinho smiling with their thumbs up when drawing a game at home with THIS team against Everton who were missing their best two players?

Ole the manager is not a winner.

steve.crowford

I genuinely want to thank him for his squad building in the last three years. Taken us from down in the dumps to a squad that's just on the verge of title contention. But the longer he stays in charge the more he's going to undo all the good work. Idk why people can't see that.

Idxomer

It's nervousness, that's how some people deal with pressure, like one of the posters above, which is fine. However, it's not ideal to have someone who deals with pressure like that in such an important position of authority over others.
Unfortunately, he lacks the charisma and character needed to handle a job like this.

He's a bit like Moyes in this regard except the players presumably like him.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s sacked over the international break. He’s lost the dressing room for the first time.

Thank you Ole for the rebuild. Now it’s time to win silverware

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We have been saying this for a long time, the job he has done could have been done by a competent director of football. But his main job is to teach the players how to play as a team, he is very incompetent in that regard. He himself said he does not do the coaching, trying to imitate sir Alex in his late years and he is still in his diapers as a manager.
I've never had a problem with those who think he's not good enough. The only time I've lost my head with posters is when I see them writing abuse or lies. I've always wrote on here that I share some of the same concerns and I remember posting those especially in the first half of Ole's first season and after the EL final in May.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU

Nothing more need to say. Completely out of his depth. I have been saying this for 2 years, he is no match for United. The sooner the better.

Giggsyking

Let's not reach the point where the match going fans turn against him. It'll be ugly and uncomfortable to watch, I don't want it to happen to him. The board should decide regardless of the fans.
That is what is going to happen, and it will be too late because (man utd) does not sack managers, waiting for Sir Alex resurrection.

Godfather

Leeds was the last time we looked decent and these guys are just fecking shit defensively. Against any team that defends even half heartedly we struggle against as we have no fecking clue what to do with the ball.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Nothing more need to say. Completely out of his depth. I have been saying this for 2 years, he is no match for United. The sooner the better.
Think a lot of people felt the appointment was made on an emotional level rather than a qualification level.

Ralph1386

True. My mate who supports Liverpool was pleased Ronaldo scored the other night as he says that’s a few more months of Ole in then. If it wasn’t your own team you’d laugh.
I have many friends who are Chelsea fans and they want Ole to stay here for as long as possible.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He did what he was brought in to do, steadied the ship, rebuilt a damaged and demoralised squad, but to take the next step we need something different.

hungrywing

Whatever there was in the ‘gee, maybe he really is like SAF a bit’ bottle is going to run out. And probably sooner rather than later.

For the players, that is. For most of the fans, that happened a while ago.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He’s sacked over the international break. He’s lost the dressing room for the first time.

Thank you Ole for the rebuild. Now it’s time to win silverware
Lost the dressing room!? Don’t know what games you have been watching but the reaction to both goals in the UCL and Martials goal today - clearly show the team is playing for Ole whether you like it or not, this is a team that’s playing for the manager

Status
Not open for further replies.