Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

Only chance he loses his job is if we fail to qualify from the CL group and become adrift of the title challengers by December. Any other scenario and he's not going anywhere for the whole season.

Raw

I have many friends who are Chelsea fans and they want Ole to stay here for as long as possible.
That's the general consensus among rivals. They know our squad is good enough to compete yet we're being held back by a mediocre manager. Get anyone competent enough and we'll be up there.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I would agree with you more often than not, but today is a poor example to bring that up, honestly. It was the personnel more than the game plan that let us down today. We were slicing them up till they scored and went 5 at the back, and even then Ronnie had his chance. We don't conceded (and in fact, create much more and maybe have one more goal in the bank) if we take off Fred when it is apparent that he's having a nightmare out there. Now that's on Ole, too.
No mate. We can all get sucked into the "wrong personnel argument". Even I do it but our personnel on the pitch should be good enough to beat some of the teams we have either lost to or drawn against. Unless you are arguing that everytime we faily to win it is because we had the wrong players on the pitch or made the wrong subs?

Reactions: Fortitude

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Again, you cant control character traits. For all we know, hes smiling like this throughout, except the camera was timely in capturing it at a moment that annoys you.

As I said, there are more frustrating things to criticise than a character trait that is part of him and wont change.
Don't you think that this trait of his is sending a bad signal to the players? As a player, how would you feel seeing your manager smiling at you passionately at 94th minute of the game which your team is losing/drawing?

Only chance he loses his job is if we fail to qualify from the CL group and become adrift of the title challengers by December. Any other scenario and he's not going anywhere for the whole season.
That sounds very sensible tbh.

Very disappointed after today but it's 7 games and nobody knows how the season will pan out.

Lets remember that the pressure should be on City and Chelsea. They are the Champions of England and Europe, respectively. Clearly the last two league games have not been good enough but people should remember that we were going into the season that three other teams were considered better odds of winning the league.

red4ever 79

I'm starting to slowly lose the faith. All that money spent and we still look like a team of strangers, we still dont look like we are going to compete for the title, and this McFred situation is mediocre and cowardly

red4ever 79

I think he knew the cameras were on him and fabricated that smile. Don’t know why he would do that though.
Someone technically competent (not me) post this video of Ole smiling, alongside the one in the Ronaldo thread now where he is walking off the pitch, not wanting to talk to anyone looking pissed.

Giggsy13

Set piece coach to address the problems last season, do we hire a tactical fouling coach now?

acnumber9

I think he has good ideas, he knows the areas of the pitch that are issues and has mostly taken steps to improve it. He just isn’t a good enough manager to follow through on it. I think he’d be good in a director of football role and I don’t think it would be a terrible idea to have him in that role with a better manager in charge. He has to go though.

We’ll improve slightly from what we are at the minute and people will preach patience. He just isn’t the man to bring the title back though.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Yes, we were a fecking shambles, a squad full of deadwood, the few good players we had shorn of confidence, don't underestimate what lvg and the toxic one had done to us. It wasn't a small job.
This again?? common... don't plant the shortcomings of Ole on LVG and Mourinho. 3 years is a long long time in modern football.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
posters were getting dog shit abuse from you when anyone had a small thought of criticizing him, now trying to be Mr logical.
You need to label all those poster who were giving the abuse, so they can't flip flop. I can name a handful myself as I was the one getting the majority of the abuse. Even though they were blinded by results, I looked at our performance and realized that this isn't a properly coach team.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
This again?? common... don't plant the shortcomings of Ole on LVG and Mourinho. 3 years is a long long time in modern football.
I'm not putting oles shortcomings on anyone, he has taken as us far as he can, he did a good job rebuilding us, now we need a new manager to take the next step, it's not a difficult thing to comprehend, would you like the large print version with pictures?

OrcaFat

Yeah I think that’s probably true. And could happen.

UDontMessWith24

That sounds very sensible tbh.

Very disappointed after today but it's 7 games and nobody knows how the season will pan out.

Lets remember that the pressure should be on City and Chelsea. They are the Champions of England and Europe, respectively. Clearly the last two league games have not been good enough but people should remember that we were going into the season that three other teams were considered better odds of winning the league.
What’s that got to do with our own underachieving?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
3 years is not long at all. LVG bought most of our deadwood and look how long it has taken us to sell them on or let them go.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The ones saying he will keep his job if he gets Top 4. When will they realise you make even more money if you get out of the groups. Quids in Q/F, S/F. Lovely jubbly if you go and win it.

Heinzesight

I really like Solskjaer but these results aren’t a surprise as the way we play and the good runs of form followed by looking very average and shaky are what we’ve all come to expect. This is Ole’s United. He’s plateaued and either he grows a set of testicles or starts to use these ‘expert’ coaches we have.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I ignored the signs that he isn't good enough because it didn't reflect on the table. I think this is what others supporting him are still doing.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
What’s that got to do with our own underachieving?
Underachieving how? Specifically talking about this season where it’s only 7 games in and there’s a long road ahead of us. It took us a long time to secure 2nd place & we were top in January. It’s not as bad as it may look at the moment

Ahmer Baig

In life everyone learns from their mistakes except Ole who keeps making same mistakes again and again.

Giggsyking

You need to label all those poster who were giving the abuse, so they can't flip flop. I can name a handful myself as I was the one getting the majority of the abuse. Even though they were blinded by results, I looked at our performance and realized that this isn't a properly coach team.
I will not do that, they know themselves, and they are hiding right now.

YeahYeah

The board wants to keep him unless they absolutely cant justify it anymore so it will likely take a lot of pressure from the media, just wonder how long it will last. His job always feels safe after a win even a win like Villareal where they should have scored 3 or 4 goals if Moreno played.

Smart decision would be fire him now. If that Everton goal wasnt disallowed it just might have happened. Most likely we fire him around christmas. Board wants to keep him but nowhere to hide anymore. Only thing is our hopes of winning the league might be practically gone at that point.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
3 years is not long at all. LVG bought most of our deadwood and look how long it has taken us to sell them on or let them go.

We have a very good squad now and had a good enough squad last season. And it's not just about winning all the time, it's also about the style of play, the tactical approach and the identity of the team. We neither have a style of play or identity and nor are we winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.