Dani Ceballos
Martin Odegaard
Soro
Markkanen
Areola
:eek:

:(

EtH

There's no guaranteed right man, you just pick the best that's available and hope he is the right one and move on if it turns out he isn't.
Surely has to be a bit more planning than that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Letting my emotions get the best of me? LOL!

What have I said that's emotional, exactly? Enlighten me, please.

What do I mean by the 'best right now'? The candidate you interview who can clearly state how he'd use the squad we currently have, allied with our traditions (which for me boils down to just playing the youth and winning), and get the best out of both. And I'm not looking for someone who'll necessarily be here even three years down the line (quite a few of the current squad are nearing their peak years, and will have to be replaced anyway by that time).

Second, I don't want Conte, and have never I said I do. Why would I want someone who only plays wingbacks when our squad isn't built like that?

I've a day job, so I'm not the one to scour what's out there looking for possible successors to Solskjaer. But I certainly expect a multimillion-dollar company like MUFC to have people dedicated to the task.
The guy won't change his mind, even when you talk sense. Don't waste more time, man. He's saying that Zidane is Madrid's Ole. Haha..

EtH

Zidane all transfers in :
Hazard
Luka Jovic
Eder Militiao
Ferland Mendy
Vincinius Jnr
Alvaro Morata
Reineir
Theo Hernandez
Dani Ceballos
Martin Odegaard
Soro
Markkanen
Areola

That is a shocking list.

Greck

There's no guaranteed right man, you just pick the best that's available and hope he is the right one and move on if it turns out he isn't.
Agree there's no right man. It may be the overemphasis on the right man that leads to the messiah chosen one complex that's holding us back. Chelsea and Madrid wing it and they are kicking our collective asses through all their dysfunction. The long tenure managers like SAF were anomalies. The very Chelsea we were laughing at put us to shame by the end of last season because they act without sentiment. That's twice now they've done that and won a CL. There's no real formula to it. If it's not working you move on. The manager doesn't have to be some paternal figurehead you attach yourself to for a decade.

InfiniteBoredom

Hazard
Luka Jovic
Eder Militiao
Ferland Mendy
Vincinius Jnr
Alvaro Morata
Reineir
Theo Hernandez
Dani Ceballos
Martin Odegaard
Soro
Markkanen
Areola

If you don't want him, just spell it out, no need to be shy.

Zidane wasnt solely in charge of transfers at Madrid, one of the well known reasons for his first departure was the lack of control as he felt the team needed refreshing. Even in that list, some of them are wrong or misleading. Vinicius came in 18/19 when he left the season before and only came back in March, Areola was a loan from PSG, Soro a whopping 2.5m fee, Morata was a buy back option who Real flogged eventually for twice the money, Odegaard signed for free to Castilla B and got sold eventually to Arsenal for 30m, Dani Ceballos was a punt at 16.5m from Betis and loaned out to Arsenal and will be sold back to his old club for essentially the same amount, Reinier is currently loaned to Dortmund for development. The only real bad one is Hazard but 1) it was a statement signing by the club following the departure of Ronaldo and 2) you cant account for his precipitous decline/injury issues.

Overall, during the seasons he have been in charge, Madrid have spent about 20 millions Euro. A net spend of ~ -100m during the first stint and and ~ 120m during the second, over 4.5 seasons in charge and 9 transfer windows both summer/winter. Suddenly looks a lot better isn't it?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Hear me out:

BRING BACK SIR ALEX!

If Ronaldo can be our biggest hope at 36, Sir Alex can win us a title at 79. That way we can win something before Ronaldo retires and that saves us from going 30 years without a league title, like Liverpool did. Otherwise, it's been 8 years and at this rate... God help us! :)

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If you don't want him, just spell it out, no need to be shy.

Zidane wasnt solely in charge of transfers at Madrid, one of the well known reasons for his first departure was the lack of control as he felt the team needed refreshing. Even in that list, some of them are wrong or misleading. Vinicius came in 18/19 when he left the season before and only came back in March, Areola was a loan from PSG, Soro a whopping 2.5m fee, Morata was a buy back option who Real flogged eventually for twice the money, Odegaard signed for free to Castilla B and got sold eventually to Arsenal for 30m, Dani Ceballos was a punt at 16.5m from Betis and loaned out to Arsenal and will be sold back to his old club for essentially the same amount, Reinier is currently loaned to Dortmund for development. The only real bad one is Hazard but 1) it was a statement signing by the club following the departure of Ronaldo and 2) you cant account for his precipitous decline/injury issues.

Overall, during the seasons he have been in charge, Madrid have spent about 20 millions Euro. A net spend of ~ -100m during the first stint and and ~ 120m during the second, over 4.5 seasons in charge and 9 transfer windows both summer/winter. Suddenly looks a lot better isn't it?
I did want him actually :houllier: look at my earlier posts. I said I wouldn't mind Zidane. You lot get so butt hurt talking about other people and saying bad stuff about them if things get found out about them like we got to keep quiet or some shit.

Luka jovic was shit too. Eder Militiao aswell. Hernandez? Don't know if there is any background story behind it either but not a single good transfer. Not a single good one and we are supposed to blame it all on Real Madrid like they have always struggled with shit transfers? Not be worried about the potential of Zidane's crap transfers?

Not only that - he had no footballing style either. Had one if not the best teams post Pep's Barcelona with the GOAT in C. Ronaldo in top form.

Like I'm fine if he does come one day - what happens will happen, but all I'm highlighting is that his transfers in at that club has not been good enough. I can blame that partly on the club but not all of it either.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ole isn't going anywhere till at least the end of the season. Woodward will never replace a manager when he's about to leave. And who knows maybe the next guy comes in and gives Ole a chance so that we can potentially have Ole from now till at least middle of next season even if we perform below expectations

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ole isn't going anywhere till at least the end of the season. Woodward will never replace a manager when he's about to leave. And who knows maybe the next guy comes in and gives Ole a chance so that we can potentially have Ole from now till at least middle of next season even if we perform below expectations
Or we could get someone who wants to make massive changes to take us back to the top…ole and Woodward are tight so I can’t see Woodward ever sacking him. So the guy who takes Woodward’s job is in charge of hiring and firing managers?

MattofManchester

He's gotta create more cohesion in that team. He's got an international break to figure out.
Problems are rife in the way we play, and he hasn't fixed in 3 years, so I don't see him fixing it now.

Maybe he will. Who knows. I'm high on hope .

The performances are mid table level atm.

Max_United

Fully agree with everything you say. I ask the same questions. Even his transfers piss me off
40m DVB doesn't play him
30m Diallo - apparantely was tearing it up in training when we signed him, tried to loan him out
70M in the best young RW in Europe, doesn't play him on the right
That is a good point. It is often said that "OK, his coaching is not up to standard required at Manchester United, but his transfers were good". The problem is that his transfer record is actually quite hit and miss.

For me to call a transfer policy successfull it has to include up-and-coming players that were bought for a reasonable price - which in hindsight seems super cheap - and developed into key first-teamers. Mane, Salah, Robertson etc were not sure things at the time Liverpool bought them, but now the prices they paid look like a bargain, since they developed so well (here again the quality of coaching plays a role). Zidane's RM side - Marcelo, Ramos, Varane, Casemiro, Benzema - same. Fergie's 06-08 side - Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Ronaldo were not expensive even at that time, and even the more expensive ones - Rooney and Rio looked great value for money in the end. All of those players were easily worth a lot more (or even multiple times their transfer fee) after a couple of years at the new club.

With Ole - let's look at his first - much lauded -transfer window. We did well to sell James at a profit, but he failed to establish himself as a first teamer. We are still discussing if 50m AWB is good enough. And whilst Maguire is a good player - he cost more than VVD and we would struggle to recoup his money if we wanted.

At the same time, as you correctly pointed out, Ole splashed close to 150m on VdB, Amad and Sancho, two of whom are fringe players still, and one has not had a great start (but of course to early to judge). We bought several experienced players without paying a fortune (Cavani, Ronaldo, Varane), but it hardly takes a genius to identify them. And most importantly - there was not a single transfer like I listed before - up-and-coming player who develops and establishes himself as first teamer so that his transfer fee looks very cheap in hindsight. No great team was built by buying the entire first 11 for big money/wages (although City/PSG come close, but they still have some key players that were young and relatively cheap when they bought them).

So in sum, whereas I would not say that Ole's transfers have been bad or disastrous, I would merely say that his transfer policy has been OK/decent but he does not deserve huge praise for it.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
So are there really people that think Ole needs just a bit more time, maybe one or two players extra and then he will have us playing at the level of City, Liverpool, Bayern? Competing for CL and PL.

kthanksbye

Exactly. The board and the manager should come to an agreement about what the manager's vision is for the next 3 years at least.
What backroom staff he wants to keep and get rid. What (type of) players does he want in the coming 3-4 transfer windows. How does he fix our defence. What is he going to do about the midfield. How does he handle the Pogba situation. What does he plan to do when Ronaldo and Cavani are gone. What future do the youngsters at the club have. Unfortunately, I don't think we have a board competent to carry out this discussion, we're not going to get rid of Ole till we keep finishing in the top 4 and keep making it out of the CL group stages, then when we fail to do either of the two, we'll fire him and hire someone else without getting clarity on these things.

Marwood

We tactically shit house our way through those games. Counter, counter, counter. Klopp figured it out last season, let us have more of the ball and they walloped us 4-2. Drew the other game 0-0 in what was the worst performance from City that I'd seen in years.

Only win was against City, 2-0 (they also beat us in the cup 2-0). The stats from that game just tell us everything City had 23 shots to our 8,and they had 66% possession. I remember the game well and it just felt like one of those games where everything just went our way miraculously.

I certainly don't look back and think Ole has Pep or Klopps number tactically
. They perhaps naively at times went too gung ho to outscore us and end up getting suckered on the counter. I'm sure they knew it was our only threat as even we knew that on here, but they rolled the dice in the hope they'd just outscore us with constant attacks.
Well you've only considered last season there for some reason. So that might be why.

Go back a bit further and you'll see Solskjaer has won his first three away games against City. First United manager to do so. He's the only manager ever to beat Pep more than he's lost over 3+ encounters.

Now that alone doesn't win a trophy but I can't be having posters saying Ole can't deal with Peps tactics. That's just factually incorrect. Doesn't matter if you like how we beat City, Ole has tactically found a way.

Ole badly needs to improve this and quick but let's no go to the other extreme and dismiss anything he's achieved.

InfiniteBoredom

I did want him actually :houllier: look at my earlier posts. I said I wouldn't mind Zidane. You lot get so butt hurt talking about other people and saying bad stuff about them if things get found out about them like we got to keep quiet or some shit.

Luka jovic was shit too. Eder Militiao aswell. Hernandez? Don't know if there is any background story behind it either but not a single good transfer. Not a single good one and we are supposed to blame it all on Real Madrid like they have always struggled with shit transfers? Not be worried about the potential of Zidane's crap transfers?

Not only that - he had no footballing style either. Had one if not the best teams post Pep's Barcelona with the GOAT in C. Ronaldo in top form.

Like I'm fine if he does come one day - what happens will happen, but all I'm highlighting is that his transfers in at that club has not been good enough. I can blame that partly on the club but not all of it either.
He's a head coach, we can receive input but it's up to the scouting department/transfer committee to weigh on it, identify possible targets of the suitable profile/age group to offer the manager. It's the height of lunacy to offer someone who you may need to fire at the drop of a hat the major say on the composition of the squad in this day and age.

Jovic was shit, agreed. Militao is starting for them under Ancelotti, Hernandez was brought in as back up and potential replacement for Marcelo, didnt meet the requirement, now they got Alaba and he was flogged to Milan at a few millions loss. If we divide the two period, there was minimal incoming, mostly just outgoings during the first stint and he kept on winning with minimal fuss. In the 2nd stint, a lot of investment primarily in youngsters like Reinier, Rodrygo who will either be a success or flogged for their fee or a profit, a striker (Jovic) as back up/competition for Benzema, a CB (Militao), a left back (Mendy) as Marcelo struggled with age and injuries, all pretty obvious, and an elite attacker (Hazard) to replace Ronaldo's productivity, but we know how it went. Modest net spend still and doesnt impair their ability to splash on big targets (hence the lunatic 180m bid for Mbappe).

And yes Real absolutely have form for shit transfers and quick turnover of players, from the Galactico era strategy with transfers like Woodgate, Samuel, Cassano to the Dutch strategy under Calderon with Drenthe, Robben, Sneijder, van der Vaart (who all flopped) to the Galactico 2.0 like Kaka, Illaramendi, Sahin, geriatric Carvalho, Essien loan, Chicharito loan etc... What worked for them was that players were all gagging to play there so they could just keep bringing in and moving out until they are satisfied, alongside surefire hits like Ronaldo or Bale, something Perez deviated from the last few years out of fiscal constraints due to the New Bernabeu projects and Covid, and Barcelona spending like a bunch of drunken sailors.

Do I have misgivings about Zidane here? Yes. Is he 100% a sure thing? No. But he has proven to be able to work out a game plan that made the best out of the tools at his disposal in both stint, sometimes with minimal or no reinforcement, is consistent both domestic and European competitions and used to a pressure cooker situation. It's about as safe a bet as you can get, stylistic quibbles aside.

lilcurt

Ole won’t be sacked in 10 matches. He’ll get the season. He was just given a new contract and brought in players he wanted. Ronaldo was a huge bonus on top of that. The club are backing him. We're 2 points off the top after 7 matches. Yes, performances have been meh but it’s early in the season. Sacking Ole now and brining in someone like Conte would be mental.
Position is flattering. We have dropped 7-points and played no one, where as our main rivals have played eachother twice.

I also don't look at this season alone I look at his previous performances and just don't see progress, I was one that thought it was criminal to lose the EL final how we did in the summer.

If we were to lose 3 games out of the next 6, then for me he absolutely had to go. At that point we will be out of the title race and out of atleast one cup competition by early Nov.

As for signing a new contract, that doesn't mean anything. Just ask Jose... I doubt Ole's payout will be substantial compared to others.

Fundamentally I just don't see the progress, same issues 3-years in with better players. If your not moving forward in football you are going backwards, just look at the expectations of the club and fans now.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It would be interesting to see what the club will do if we don't at the very least challenge for the title. I know we say top 4 is all the club wants but if that's what Ole gets can you imagine the board backing him again next transfer window when he comes asking for Haaland and Rice?

Abhinav

That is a good point. It is often said that "OK, his coaching is not up to standard required at Manchester United, but his transfers were good". The problem is that his transfer record is actually quite hit and miss.

For me to call a transfer policy successfull it has to include up-and-coming players that were bought for a reasonable price - which in hindsight seems super cheap - and developed into key first-teamers. Mane, Salah, Robertson etc were not sure things at the time Liverpool bought them, but now the prices they paid look like a bargain, since they developed so well (here again the quality of coaching plays a role). Zidane's RM side - Marcelo, Ramos, Varane, Casemiro, Benzema - same. Fergie's 06-08 side - Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Ronaldo were not expensive even at that time, and even the more expensive ones - Rooney and Rio looked great value for money in the end. All of those players were easily worth a lot more (or even multiple times their transfer fee) after a couple of years at the new club.

With Ole - let's look at his first - much lauded -transfer window. We did well to sell James at a profit, but he failed to establish himself as a first teamer. We are still discussing if 50m AWB is good enough. And whilst Maguire is a good player - he cost more than VVD and we would struggle to recoup his money if we wanted.

At the same time, as you correctly pointed out, Ole splashed close to 150m on VdB, Amad and Sancho, two of whom are fringe players still, and one has not had a great start (but of course to early to judge). We bought several experienced players without paying a fortune (Cavani, Ronaldo, Varane), but it hardly takes a genius to identify them. And most importantly - there was not a single transfer like I listed before - up-and-coming player who develops and establishes himself as first teamer so that his transfer fee looks very cheap in hindsight. No great team was built by buying the entire first 11 for big money/wages (although City/PSG come close, but they still have some key players that were young and relatively cheap when they bought them).

So in sum, whereas I would not say that Ole's transfers have been bad or disastrous, I would merely say that his transfer policy has been OK/decent but he does not deserve huge praise for it.
Not that I disagree with the overall sentiment but why did you skip Bruno? The biggest transfer success during Ole's reign and one I would argue falls in the up & coming player category, especially if you are including Carrick, Evra, Benzema, Salah etc. in the list for other managers.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's not wrong but it is also funny that Neville said in the summer that signing Kane, Varane and Sancho would deliver the league. United did better than that in signing Ronaldo and within six weeks of the season Neville has now said they won't win the league.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So we're currently praising Klopp for his tactical awareness in dealing with City and saying Ole doesn’t have such insight. This the same Ole who has repeatedly beaten City and at times tactically bested them?

I'm not blanket defending Ole. I've said a few times he's badly neglected how we pass the ball.

But to say Klopp can read Peps tactics in a way Ole can't is straight up wrong.

I think Ole's best moments of coaching and tactics has been against Pep. Possibly against Klopp as well. Of all the things to criticise him for, handling Pep should be near the bottom of the list.
We are not praising Klopp for his tactical awareness of dealing with City, but using an example post match interview (it could have been against anyone, really. It was just coincidence it happened to be versus City) to show his granular approach to the game comes through in how he speaks of it.

Ole clearly has some tactical nous as he had some big wins, last season versus City/PSG and the year before vs City/Spurs etc. But all of that goodwill disappears when he failed to build on momentum, failed on silverware and was found out against smaller sides. I would disagree about his tactical nous versus Klopp, as we faced Liverpool with one arm tied behind their back and failed to land a punch.

In any case my frustration is that our manager doesn't value a detailed approach to how the game is played and he fails to coach his side to a similar level of detail, which ultimately leads to chaos on the pitch. These coaches are particularly dangerous to a side because no player will look culpable on their own but rather, the whole team fails as a unit.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hazard
Luka Jovic
Eder Militiao
Ferland Mendy
Vincinius Jnr
Alvaro Morata
Reineir
Theo Hernandez
Dani Ceballos
Martin Odegaard
Soro
Markkanen
Areola

It is Real. It is not United or City where manager picks players by name. In other leagues manager says in what position he wants new player and what he gets, gets. Especially in Real where Perez is main CEO, scout, DoF and everything else

Slysi17

Nonsense. He runs around really really a lot. Can he not pass, tackle or do remotely anything a decent midfielder does fine I’ll concede, but he gives it a real go and tries really hard. Tired of the negativity, back Ole or get out mate!
I support Manchester United and not Ole Gunnar Solkasjer FC. Also tries really hard and gives it a go isn't a positive. There has to be talent there too. Tries really hard and gives it a go is for a team like Watford or Newcastle.

Max_United

Not that I disagree with the overall sentiment but why did you skip Bruno? The biggest transfer success during Ole's reign and one I would argue falls in the up & coming player category, especially if you are including Carrick, Evra, Benzema, Salah etc. in the list for other managers.
Yes, agreed. Under my definition I have to give him credit for Bruno, no question. Probably shows my bias since his transfer somehow escaped my mind. The point is that he has had overall an ok/decent transfer policy but not a particularly impressive/stellar one - and it is not enough to compensate for coaching deficiencies - but I understand that you are not disagreeing with that :)

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Fan base looks divided in this Olein Oleout topic. Nevertheless, we all agree that what we are seeing on the pitch is not good enough.

Issu I have, is that we have no game plan, and we have no brains in this team. We only have instinct players that suits with fast and counter attacking game, but don't have players that can think about the game like De Bruyne, Rodri, Fabinho or even more like Pep or Klopp.

And that's the issue in this team I think. It can happen that we can't break teams, but we are too flat and not inventive at all.

Some thinks that Ole will do it with time, but how are we compared with the level we saw of City, Chelsea and Pool ? Pathetic we are.

Is it all we can do fighting for 4th ?

But in an other hand, can we sack Ole, having half of the stadium angry with the Glazers, the pundits, but also with no ideal choice ?

Who can rival Pep, Klopp and Tuchel in Europe now ? (maybe except Naggelsman's Bayern)

So tricky one

YeahYeah

Some of Ole's transfers have been good, some havent, hit and miss. Cant be denied the board really backed him though.

I dont think he gets enough stick for selling Lukaku in favor of Martial. That one backfired horribly.

Then theres Donny, Diallo, AWB still a bit of a questionable buy IMO.

Bruno was our best transfer though perhaps ever, one of the best transfers ever we did. Remember that we were like 7th or 8th before he joined and we were on track to miss Europa League too. Totally tumescent then Bruno changed everything over night.

In hindsight Ole was backed way more than Mourinho, Ole was allowed to sell Lukaku, Mourinho wasnt allowed to sell Martial and build around Lukaku. The level of favoritism Ole gets is unreal.

Bebestation

It is Real. It is not United or City where manager picks players by name. In other leagues manager says in what position he wants new player and what he gets, gets. Especially in Real where Perez is main CEO, scout, DoF and everything else
Pressed on the issue, Zidane was asked how he thinks Jović will respond to the suggestion that his coach didn’t want him anymore. “I was the one who asked for Jović!” Zidane pointed out. “People can have their opinions, but saying silly things… Well, it’s not like that.”

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
So what's our plan? Spend over 300m and get progressively worse football while winning feck all? Every club around Europe fires their manager and replace them as soon as they're found lacking, it's only at our club where we give them a contract extension while pretending that everything is fine.

A person like Sir Alex is once in a lifetime, we're never going to get another manager like him who can spend 20+ years at the job while consistently winning. We got to stop living in the past and actually progress forward like other clubs who actually win.

Ixion

He's covering himself a little there by repeatedly saying he isn't going to call for a manager to be sacked but repeatedly saying Ole has to win a trophy this season. FA Cup or bust then? It didn't save Van Gaal.

Paul_Scholes18

Ole is sadly not good enough. He is a bottom half manager in terms of quality. A bit like Bruce, Dyche level.

YeahYeah

So are there really people that think Ole needs just a bit more time, maybe one or two players extra and then he will have us playing at the level of City, Liverpool, Bayern? Competing for CL and PL.
I doubt it. Im not even sure what the Ole in argument is anymore, its something like please be kind. Or back the manager no matter what.
Its a bit bizarre, dont see this with other fanbases.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Fan base looks divided in this Olein Oleout topic. Nevertheless, we all agree that what we are seeing on the pitch is not good enough.

Issu I have, is that we have no game plan, and we have no brains in this team. We only have instinct players that suits with fast and counter attacking game, but don't have players that can think about the game like De Bruyne, Rodri, Fabinho or even more like Pep or Klopp.

And that's the issue in this team I think. It can happen that we can't break teams, but we are too flat and not inventive at all.

Some thinks that Ole will do it with time, but how are we compared with the level we saw of City, Chelsea and Pool ? Pathetic we are.

Is it all we can do fighting for 4th ?

But in an other hand, can we sack Ole, having half of the stadium angry with the Glazers, the pundits, but also with no ideal choice ?

Who can rival Pep, Klopp and Tuchel in Europe now ? (maybe except Naggelsman's Bayern)

So tricky one
When people say who can rival Klopp Pep and Tuchel what exactly are they looking at. If its matching the achievements Klopp and Pep have then there is Zidane and Conte available. If its style of play without much achievement like Tuchel then you can get Ten Hag at the end of the season or Brendan Rodgers.

Also It's funny people bring up Tuchel's name now beside Klopp and Pep. Before he came here many United fans would dismiss him because he coached Psg and only won a cup at Dortmund. It goes to show you don't need a Pep or Klopp like achievements before you can compete with them.

EtH

So what's our plan? Spend over 300m and get progressively worse football while winning feck all? Every club around Europe fires their manager and replace them as soon as they're found lacking, it's only at our club where we give them a contract extension while pretending that everything is fine.

A person like Sir Alex is once in a lifetime, we're never going to get another manager like him who can spend 20+ years at the job while consistently winning. We got to stop living in the past and actually progress forward like other clubs who actually win.
The plan is obviously to see how the season goes and assess from there.

romufc

This is poor and is getting worse. Fred has been costing us points for a good period of time consistently. I cannot believe how he keeps getting into the team.

Just absolute poor management.

The team plays some crap football.

Bebestation

This is poor and is getting worse. Fred has been costing us points for a good period of time consistently. I cannot believe how he keeps getting into the team.

Just absolute poor management.

The team plays some crap football.
Who would you play instead of him?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Look at City's midfield yesterday:

KDB - Rodri - Silva

Neither KDB nor Silva are defensive midfielders, in fact they are they polar opposite, very much attacking. But they play with a cohesion, know when to press etc. I see no reason why this midfield cant work, or at the very least, we try it:

Bruno - Matic - DVB

Bruno can press, so can donny. Matic, despite what everyone says, is our best DM. Yes his legs are gone but he is still head and shoulders better than McFred in that position. If Ole doesn't fancy DVB, he could always play Fred or Pobga in that position. His obsession with playing 2 sitting midfielders, neither of which are actual DM's, will be his downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.