Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Title race? What title race? That’s like saying Arsenal and Aston Villa are in a title race before game 1 of the season. Ole has never been in a title race and never will be.
Last season when we were top of the table ole went to claim we are not challenging for the title. We started dropping points after that. That comment must have robbed the players of any confidence or momentum they had.

Toddler

I cant see him surviving. There is just not enough evidence that he has the means to get us playing to our full potential. Its been the same rollercoaster party for three years. I'd like him to succeed though but in the end you have to be ruthless if its not working out. Can united be ruthless?

Loon

:lol:
I just cannot believe they asked Ferguson to speak to the squad. forget results, how do you bounce back in the eyes of your players from a thing like that?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I just cannot believe they asked Ferguson to speak to the squad. forget results, how do you bounce back in the eyes of your players from a thing like that?
Ferguson went to Carrington to have a suit fitted. He never met with the squad per. Simon Stone. So what you're alluding to never happened

FatTails

Ole deserves so much more respect. This week must have been so tough for him and his family. I know how much the loss to Liverpool affected me, but as a legend of the club, a fan, and the man who takes almost all of the blame, I just cant condone the lengths some people have gone to to insult him.

It is entirely possible to show Ole respect, whilst simultaneously holding the view that our club needs to appoint someone else to take us the next step.
I’ve said it many times now, but that’s on the board. What they’re doing now can no longer be considered being patient and giving him time, but hanging him out to dry. They are going to wait and wait till it gets so bad that they can say, after sacking Ole, that they gave him a lot of time and a change was finally needed.

They should be proactive and taking the decision based on the trends and where they think we are heading, not wait till every fan wants Ole out, the media is circling around like vultures, players are leaking stories, and opposition fans are mocking a club **** hero.

I hate to bring up Chelsea, but Lampard was sacked before he got dragged through the mud and before Chelsea fans who loved him as a player were asking for him to be sacked in large numbers, or leaving the stadium at half-time.

Our decision makers are pathetic.

UDontMessWith24

7m pounds a year should make him feel better. Each job comes with its responsibilities, 0-5 to Liverpool at home with Klopp feeling sorry for us and not scoring more.
Any other club he would have been sacked.
Something tells me if (hypothetically speaking) Sir Alex was our manager Klopp would have told them to score 15.

Amir

Last season when we were top of the table ole went to claim we are not challenging for the title. We started dropping points after that. That comment must have robbed the players of any confidence or momentum they had.
I doubt that comment had much effect. Our results just started matching our performances, which weren't great even when we were winning on our way to the top.

Blood Mage

My take on the situation is that the Glazers want to wait until top four is out of reach so they can sack him on the cheap, but they're aware that if he loses to Spurs and City the pressure to sack him will be too much and they'll have no choice. They're basically hoping he strings a couple of flukey wins together before things turn to shit again because they don't want to sack him this early.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
Man united changed 4 managers at different profiles as you like but all weren't work at all.

Just simply because it weren't a manager problem, all the bosses top up there are the main issue.

They are businessmen, they wanted to push the club marketing value as high as possible, maximizing their shares price.

One of the way of doing so is signing the so called "marketable" players like Ronaldo and Pogba.

Managers have to figure out how to play them, Ronaldo is not happy on the bench, playing is like 90 mins playing with 10 men and he scored a winning goal every fans think he is still one of the best.

If result goes wrong, scapegoat will be the manager, they changed manger, overnight shares price push up again, everything back to the best, the circle will be continued, never ended with this kind of making profit better than winning business strategy.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Don't let a vocal minority skew your view. By and large people recognise his status as a player and club legend and if anything that's extended his tenure much longer than it should have.

People are rightly annoyed but this idea that each thread is full of hatred and vitriol is false.
There’s usually way more vitriol directed at players, until very recently. But people are (perhaps understandably, though I don’t agree with it) far more protective of the manager than of players.

Waynne

This is why we are where we are

Get this fraud out of the club. Take SAF, Fletcher, Carrick, Phelan and McKenna with him. We don't need ex-players and staff stinking up this club anymore. None of them bar SAF have any experience in their positions for a club like United.

SAF has had his time here. Football has changed since his time at United and we can't expect to recreate or wait for another manager who will live up to his legacy. We can ill afford to try and wait for another Sir Alex because that won't happen again. You won't find another manager who will stay at a club for 10+ years.
Bayern, City, Liverpool, Barca, these clubs have all moved and adapted to the game and the current climate in the football world. They have plans in place and they get rid if something doesn't work.

We're waiting for a manager to come good that's failed at Molde and Cardiff. Mourinho for all his toxicity at least won something with a vastly inferior squad as did LVG. Why we're still sat with Ole is beyond me. What in gods green earth is the club waiting for?

Hawks2008

:lol:

I’d love to tag all those condescending arseholes from the ‘Caf meltdown’ safe space thread in the General in this post and make them watch this clip on a loop for an hour. Every time United won a game or Solskjaer lucked-out with a fluky win through individual brilliance over the last 6-12 months, they’d flock to their echo chamber and post ‘pAtTErNs oF pLaY’ or some other mocking shite in an attempt to belittle those of us in the football fora who had Solskjaer’s ineptitude marked years back.

The absolute cheek of them - I’ll never forget their arrogant jibes and my anger at our current situation is more directed at those who buried their heads in the sand with unwavering superiority than the man in the dugout actually responsible for our predicament. He is trying his very best but just woefully out of his depth. No shame in that.

His condescending, sycophantic cultists, on the other hand…
100% this. Really ironic that they would mock and look down on "meltdowns" while simultaneously being the most toxic and insufferable posters around. It's a shame it's ended the way it has, but love the idea of every self righteous, arrogant, and deluded member of the **** of Ole now realising their guy failed.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Ferguson went to Carrington to have a suit fitted. He never met with the squad per. Simon Stone. So what you're alluding to never happened

Why couldn’t someone with sense inside the club reschedule that visit to Carrington?

Hi Sir Alex! Maybe we can take care of your new suits some other day, you know, maybe your visit can be interpreted the wrong way. You probably have experienced this before. What do you think?”

Having his suit fitted can be done everywhere and any day of the week except just this day, a day when everything Sir Alex does or not will be totally blown out of proportion.

But this is typical United 2021. Amateurish behavior on and off the pitch and nobody cares or understands anything. Our manager judging from our latest results is totally clueless. Our board react slower then a snail. Our CEO is a walking disaster when it comes to football related things. What to expect from the rest?

He just went to Carrington to have a suit fitted”

First with the worst, last with the best. Like my old accountant said. It never get better.

AndySmith1990

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

This is one of the big problems with modern culture. People ignore all context and evidence and instead believe single tweets without question.

passtheball

This is one of the big problems with modern culture. People ignore all context and evidence and instead believe single tweets without question.
Went there to get a suit fitted :lol:

United must really think that most of its supporters are gullible idiots. Well, some really are.

soapythecat

My take on the situation is that the Glazers want to wait until top four is out of reach so they can sack him on the cheap, but they're aware that if he loses to Spurs and City the pressure to sack him will be too much and they'll have no choice. They're basically hoping he strings a couple of flukey wins together before things turn to shit again because they don't want to sack him this early.
This is exactly what is happening. Once a major performance indicator in his contract is breeches he will maybe get the boot. It’s blatantly obvious, unfortunately.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
No apparently everyone in this thread knows better and fergie couldn’t have been there for a suit fitting (even though Bryan Robson was there too).
The same Bryan Robson who Maguire said he spoke with in the aftermath of the Liverpool game ?

Water Melon

Get this fraud out of the club. Take SAF, Fletcher, Carrick, Phelan and McKenna with him. We don't need ex-players and staff stinking up this club anymore. None of them bar SAF have any experience in their positions for a club like United.

SAF has had his time here. Football has changed since his time at United and we can't expect to recreate or wait for another manager who will live up to his legacy. We can ill afford to try and wait for another Sir Alex because that won't happen again. You won't find another manager who will stay at a club for 10+ years.
Bayern, City, Liverpool, Barca, these clubs have all moved and adapted to the game and the current climate in the football world. They have plans in place and they get rid if something doesn't work.

We're waiting for a manager to come good that's failed at Molde and Cardiff. Mourinho for all his toxicity at least won something with a vastly inferior squad as did LVG. Why we're still sat with Ole is beyond me. What in gods green earth is the club waiting for?
Three options in my opinion:
1. Hoping that he turns it around.
2. Waiting until we are mathematically out of top 4 to sack him without having to pay too much in compensation.
3. Are in the process of identifying a suitable candidate who would agree to start in the coming weeks or in the second half of the season.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Instead you just make up something that you dont know happened and preach it as gospel? Here's a mirror

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Checkmate there, Robson talking to Maguire, oosh you have got me.
You brought Robson into the conversation :lol: As if that proved that Sir Alex wasn’t there to speak with the players.
Maguire himself said he spoke with Robson this week about how to handle the defeat.

But yeah...suit fitting.

dal

So much drama here, Liverpool capitulated last year when they had defensive issues and Klopp just about managed third place.

We need to fix the problems, we need strong management. Yes the result isn’t good enough but I don’t think the problems are that bad, I think we can turn it around.

We started poorly last year and we must stop doing that, I actually think AWB has done ok it’s the other three who need to wake up big time.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Went there to get a suit fitted :lol:

United must really think that most of its supporters are gullible idiots. Well, some really are.
A good piece of advice:

One side has directly cited a credible journalist who has stated the purpose of the visit. No other claims or assumptions, simply what was stated.

One side has made something up with no evidence outside of assumption because it fits a narrative and schadenfreude

Don't be someone who makes something up and presents it as fact. Its dishonest.

Toddler

And yet, he's still here when it's clear there's no point.

I won't be calm until he's gone, cause United are stupid enough to keep him god knows how long.
Yeah. When its in the stage of not seeing him surviving, there really is no point in keeping him. I suppose our beloved board sees him surviving? Well, we do know that they are inept at what they do so...

Waynne

Three options in my opinion:
1. Hoping that he turns it around.
2. Waiting until we are mathematically out of top 4 to sack him without having to pay too much in compensation.
3. Are in the process of identifying a suitable candidate who would agree to start in the coming weeks or in the second half of the season.
1. For a club of United's stature that just smacks of incompetence. No backup or contingencies. Ole was never good enough in the first place. CV: Molde & Cardiff
2. Once again incompetence.
3. See number 1.

Club is a circus sideshow at the top.

Swedish_Plumber

So much drama here, Liverpool capitulated last year when they had defensive issues and Klopp just about managed third place.

We need to fix the problems, we need strong management. Yes the result isn’t good enough but I don’t think the problems are that bad, I think we can turn it around.

We started poorly last year and we must stop doing that, I actually think AWB has done ok it’s the other three who need to wake up big time.
Klopp is on another level to our manager, hence the ability to turn a bad patch around.

Why should we be patient after 3 years when it’s the same problems again and again? An now we can’t even perform in the big games whilst still dropping points against inferior teams and making them look like Peps Barca.

The results are reflecting performances for the first time under Oles charge. It’s why you can’t rely on individual brilliance as a tactic, when that doesn’t arrive you’re in trouble. Compare this to a manager that can set up a good defensive system whilst bringing the best out of attacking players, then you have consistency. That’s what wins you titles, and it’s something we obviously are so far away from at this point.

Skills

Snitch
Would he be better off just not taking this press conference? Take the fine & not show up

L1nk

The same people who are saying look at this report, it's 100% factually correct, why are you dismissing it!? Are the same ones making threads and replying saying don't believe everything you read in the news when there's something negative about the club or Ole. Maybe lets just admit we all have our own biases are are using what journalists put out there to confirm those biases instead of being objective

You can't say, oh this player questioned Ole!? fake news the media are just trying to bring us down, but then say oh Sir Alex was at the training ground?? Yeah but he was just getting a suit fitted see this tweet says so, so it's 100% proof and you have to believe it. I know this is how the world works now so it doesn't surprise me, but... Doesn't work like that in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.