Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynne

Klopp is on another level to our manager, hence the ability to turn a bad patch around.

Why should we be patient after 3 years when it’s the same problems again and again? An now we can’t even perform in the big games whilst still dropping points against inferior teams and making them look like Peps Barca.

The results are reflecting performances for the first time under Oles charge. It’s why you can’t rely on individual brilliance as a tactic, when that doesn’t arrive you’re in trouble. Compare this to a manager that can set up a good defensive system whilst bringing the best out of attacking players, then you have consistency. That’s what wins you titles, and it’s something we obviously are so far away from at this point.
You know the funny thing is you have youtube videos on Pep and he openly goes on and on about tactics, his preferred systems and how the players fit how he wants to play. The man is always eager to talk the technical stuff.

Contrast to Solksjaer. Has anyone ever heard him on his preferred method of play from him? Last video a journalist asked him about tactics and he was giving a speech about passion and giving your 100% on the pitch. 100% effort to do what exactly?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
The same people who are saying look at this report, it's 100% factually correct, why are you dismissing it!? Are the same ones making threads and replying saying don't believe everything you read in the news when there's something negative about the club or Ole. Maybe lets just admit we all have our own biases are are using what journalists put out there to confirm those biases instead of being objective

You can't say, oh this player questioned Ole!? fake news the media are just trying to bring us down, but then say oh Sir Alex was at the training ground?? Yeah but he was just getting a suit fitted see this tweet says so, so it's 100% proof and you have to believe it. I know this is how the world works now so it doesn't surprise me, but... Doesn't work like that in reality.
It’s never nice for people to lose their jobs, especially when you have affection for them but people still need to hold accountable for their results. This is how big companies remain at the top, you would never see Microsoft or Apple continue at the top with someone who has shown bad judgement.

In regards to Ole, I can see why people really want him to succeed, Chelsea fans wanted that for Frank too. The problem is, there are people who cannot weigh up the facts without bias, the results speak for themselves. Ole is the managerial version of a Michael Ballack, perennially achieving 2nd places. If this was Spurs, excellent. This is not Spurs, this is Man Utd, a team that expects to be at the top of World football.

The morale is low and players are starting to turn on the manager. Results have never been a given. 3 years and still no one knows what style of football you play. This is simply unacceptable in any job and he has no excuses. No matter how you feel about the man, it’s clear that something needs to change. Anyone still Ole in and wants to make excuses is simply in denial.

L1nk

I don't know why it made me laugh when he said of course he's the right man, he used to play here for years. Manager for three years with virtually nothing to show for it, but it's okay, because he "knows what's going on in this club"

Robbie Boy

It’s never nice for people to lose their jobs, especially when you have affection for them but people still need to hold accountable for their results. This is how big companies remain at the top, you would never see Microsoft or Apple continue at the top with someone who has shown bad judgement.

In regards to Ole, I can see why people really want him to succeed, Chelsea fans wanted that for Frank too. The problem is, there are people who cannot weigh up the facts without bias, the results speak for themselves. Ole is the managerial version of a Michael Ballack, perennially achieving 2nd places. If this was Spurs, excellent. This is not Spurs, this is Man Utd, a team that expects to be at the top of World football.

The morale is low and players are starting to turn on the manager. Results have never been a given. 3 years and still no one knows what style of football you play. This is simply unacceptable in any job and he has no excuses. No matter how you feel about the man, it’s clear that something needs to change. Anyone still Ole in and wants to make excuses is simply in denial.
Well said!

Waynne

I don't know why it made me laugh when he said of course he's the right man, he used to play here for years. Manager for three years with virtually nothing to show for it, but it's okay, because he "knows what's going on in this club"
Can't expect any of these players to throw Ole under the bus in the media.

BorisManUtd

He's still here, can't expect from Maguire or any other player to say 'No, he's not the man for the job'.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Can't expect any of these players to throw Ole under the bus in the media.
Maybe someone should point out to him that neither Sir Matt Busby or SAF played for United before managing them, what made the big difference was they knew what they were doing.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The same people who are saying look at this report, it's 100% factually correct, why are you dismissing it!? Are the same ones making threads and replying saying don't believe everything you read in the news when there's something negative about the club or Ole. Maybe lets just admit we all have our own biases are are using what journalists put out there to confirm those biases instead of being objective

You can't say, oh this player questioned Ole!? fake news the media are just trying to bring us down, but then say oh Sir Alex was at the training ground?? Yeah but he was just getting a suit fitted see this tweet says so, so it's 100% proof and you have to believe it. I know this is how the world works now so it doesn't surprise me, but... Doesn't work like that in reality.
You have three reliable journos reporting the same thing. As soon as Jackson and Romano broke that story Jason Burt was quick to debunk so was Jim White from the Telegraph who actually wrote a fairly negative piece on SAF. Why would he lie? And it explains why Martin Edwards (honorary president) was there. Edwards as far as I'm aware isn't involved in any sort of decision making, it's well known that he hasn't had the best of relationships with the Glazers as he's publicly criticized them in the past.

Ixion

Goals against in the League post SAF

13/14 : 43 (DM)
14/15 : 37 (LVG)
15/16 : 35 (LVG)
16/17 : 29 (JM)
17/18 : 28 (JM)
18/19 : 54 (JM/OGS)
19/20 : 36 (OGS)
20/21 : 44 (OGS)
21/22 : 15, current rate 63 (OGS)

It was going in a nice downward trajectory and has been going up since the 18/19 season (though that is as much Jose as Ole)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

They can leave together

Josh 76

0-5. At home. To a weakened Liverpool. After 3 years in charge.

Still in a job.

I'm sorry I'm just still failing to compute this.
Still can’t get my head to register that result.
Ole legacy would have been remembered for the wining goal in the CL final, but now he will always be remembered for the manager who lost 5-0 at home to those lot.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's like a cat with 9 lives. Those tweets above make me think he'll be safe no matter what. It's good that the players are taking responsibility for some of it, but if they can't recognise the tactical deficiencies or that this poor form has been going on since around 10 games before the end of last season (plus the ups and downs every few weeks/months ever since he arrived), then they're thick as pig shit.

Hawks2008

Maguire would never speak against the guy who brought him to a big club and made him captain. Hopefully he is loyal enough to follow him back to the Norwegian league.

Kaos

Of course Maguire will defend Ole to the bitter end. He brought him over as a merely above-average premier league centre back, and made him captain of the biggest club in the league for heaven knows what reason. He also probably fears that a good coach might be inclined to rid him of the captaincy and perhaps even drops him as a starter.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

I can imagine when Jose walked into the club, they tested him with United trivia which he cheated by searching the answers on Google when the interviewer walked into the toilet after Jose put laxatives in his tea.

"Who is FSW and what is the famous catchphrase that he brought up during his meltdown after Fergie got one over him?" - 50 points question

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
His press conference at the 1:30 BST is going to be painful.

Last edited:

The-Natural

He's like a cat with 9 lives. Those tweets above make me think he'll be safe no matter what. It's good that the players are taking responsibility for some of it, but if they can't recognise the tactical deficiencies or that this poor form has been going on since around 10 games before the end of last season (plus the ups and downs every few weeks/months ever since he arrived), then they're thick as pig shit.
This is a massive wrench for the club as they've stupidly put all their eggs in this old flimsy basket marked 'DNA' and they have feck all plan B so are desperately looking for a reason to keep him.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The next 3 matches are his "Forest away in 1990" moment

2 wins at least and he survives for a few months

Anything less and he's gone.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I wasn't going to watch his presser but I have had a few beers (18:30 here) and now I can't wait. Does that make me a bad person?

Josh 76

The next 3 matches are his "Forest away in 1990" moment

2 wins at least and he survives for a few months

Anything less and he's gone.
So if he loses against Spurs, his “forest moment” will be Atlanta ? And if he loses that his “forest moment” will be the City game ?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I wasn't going to watch his presser but I have had a few beers (18:30 here) and now I can't wait. Does that make me a bad person?
No we gotta enjoy ourselves somehow. I suggest writing down ten things you think he will say and make a drinking game out if it. At least when he talks shit you get to sip a nice cold beer

edgecutter

It'll be the same nonsense he always spouts, plus a lot of the media will be told not to ask the 'harsh' questions. Be prepared for the 'the boys will give everything...we will bounce back...we have the united DNA'. Ole is a walking cliche.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He 100% does not know why it's not working out and that's the mind blowing part.

Loon

:lol:
He’s seemingly had a reprieve, and now has to prove he can turn results around. If he blows it next couple of games, that has to be it.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
No we gotta enjoy ourselves somehow. I suggest writing down ten things you think he will say and make a drinking game out if it. At least when he talks shit you get to sip a nice cold beer
Good idea to make it only 10 or I would end up having my stomach pumped in hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.