Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
WTF is wrong with the media ? You have a manager who just lost 5-0 and is on borrowed time. We have another match in 24 hours and no questions about his proposed tactics.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
WTF is wrong with the media ? You have a manager who just lost 5-0 and is on borrowed time. We have another match in 24 hours and no questions about his proposed tactics.

Not a single journalist asked him why he switched from counterattacking football to the current chaotic pressing from the front? Not one?

Useless.
Paid off more like.

Glazers / Woodward have journos in their pockets.

Chairman Steve

Was Ferguson standing at the door threatening to beat up journalists if they asked about tactics? :lol:

Or more realistically, were they told to pitch easy questions if you want to keep your access rights to us?

Its fecking pathetic either way. Solskjaer mollycoddled by the journalists like an 8 year old kid.

Ixion

Everything went wrong against Liverpool, Liverpool performance wasn't good enough, early goal confused us etc etc

What about the Leicester game? Everton? Villa?

Blood Mage

We're in Moyes territory now where the ramblings become more incoherent as the pressure boils over.

Foxbatt

The worst thing about the boxing analogy is that Martin Tyler will be thinking up some stupid closing statement to tie into boxing for the game tomorrow.
If they score first is he going to say that this is the first knockdown of the match? Or Son has landed a beautiful upper cut?

lilcurt

Just watched the press conference. Really really poor in terms of what was asked and the responses.

The more critical journos weren't allowed to ask questions.

The responses and mood from Ole didn't acknowledge the circumstances of where we find ourselves as a club. He also as usual, controdicts himself. Saying the players gives everything yet he is still the right person to take it forward. If the players are great surely it is all on him?

He also mentioned that this is his 2nd or 3rd crisis here as a manager... Maybe he should take the hint.

Came across as the club managing the conference and questions very carefully and Ole having scripted meaningless answers.

I remain Ole out, if anything. Even more so.

Foxbatt

Dunno, he seems pretty much usual to me.

He seems a bit sheepish because I’m sure he knows he shouldn’t still be in a job, but his general demeanour, clueless muttering etc is pretty much the same really.

I think he knows he’s going nowhere and his job is safe. Maybe feels a bit embarrassed but overall the same.
What amazed me was when he said that we had a good week and we have corrected what went wrong in the last game. We play exactly as the same we played against Leicester and if he had corrected the mistakes against Leicester we wouldn't have conceded the goals we conceded against Liverpool in the same manner.

dal

It’s not the analogy I would have used but I get what he’s saying, in that we tried to overcompensate, I mean I still support him until the end of the season but David Brent :lol::lol::lol:.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m amazing that this is becoming all about the Liverpool result. Not like we haven’t been fecking diabolical for weeks now.

He needs a convincing win against Spurs and then away at Atalanta and then beat City before any talk of bouncing back.

NK86

We’re being fecked with, right? This is some Andy Kaufman level of real life trolling.
What'd you expect him to say? "Yeah, I'm being trolled for being absolutely awful at my job. Hope the United fans don't sing it now as it's tainted."

He knows what's going on. Feel sorry for him that he's being ridiculed all across the football fraternity. Why have we not pulled the trigger is beyond my understanding though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s not the analogy I would have used but I get what he’s saying, in that we tried to overcompensate, I mean I still support him until the end of the season but David Brent :lol::lol::lol:.
It doesn’t translate to football well at all. And it doesn’t particularly work for boxing either.

AndySmith1990

It's annoying how he never talks about tactics in any depth. It's always about trying hard, feeling good, DNA, giving it a go, or in this case using a boxing analogy. It's unbelievable that not one journalist asked about how he's going to try and change things for the Spurs match. It's as if the football plays second fiddle to the soap opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.