Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

WTF is wrong with the media ? You have a manager who just lost 5-0 and is on borrowed time. We have another match in 24 hours and no questions about his proposed tactics.
United hand-pick journos for press conferences often, especially after terrible results. It's operation protect Solskjaer until top 4 is gone and then the board can sack him without having to fork out £30m.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hardly.

British footy press are famously ruthless - they make money from it.

Ole would’ve been utterly destroyed there if not for Glazers protection.
If you were aware of how press conferences ahead of games work you wouldn't have to invent a conspiracy theory about what's happening.

All questions asked in the pre-game press conference is pre-approved by the clubs press secretary. The reason for this is that the press conference is about the upcoming game. It is not a ask-all tell-all interview where the journalists will eviscerate the person they're questioning with hard hitting questions.

It's a carefully controlled affair aimed at putting focus on the game while allowing the manager in question to answer relevant questions about recent events if they are relevant to the game, without making the entire press conference about one answer about a hot topic, like Ole's job security, or secret love affair.

This is not unique to Mancheter United, this is how it is done.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
You have three reliable journos reporting the same thing. As soon as Jackson and Romano broke that story Jason Burt was quick to debunk so was Jim White from the Telegraph who actually wrote a fairly negative piece on SAF. Why would he lie? And it explains why Martin Edwards (honorary president) was there. Edwards as far as I'm aware isn't involved in any sort of decision making, it's well known that he hasn't had the best of relationships with the Glazers as he's publicly criticized them in the past.

LARulz

It's actually so depressing that he is still the manager. And I don't care how it comes across but as much as I want to win against Spurs, I can't help but feel it's a victory that delays the inevitable. Basically a plaster over your arm which just got chopped off

When we win, he'll be lauded as a genius again till we get outplayed by Atalanta and City

Sviken

United hand-pick journos for press conferences often, especially after terrible results. It's operation protect Solskjaer until top 4 is gone and then the board can sack him without having to fork out £30m.
They wouldn't have to fork 30 million if they weren't absolute imbeciles.

HailtotheKing

It doesn’t translate to football well at all. And it doesn’t particularly work for boxing either.
Why doesn't it work in boxing? Smart boxers use the time to get up if they've been hit hard. It gives them some extra seconds to refocus, runs the clock down and delays momentum. It's absolutely true that boxers that try and jump up are more likely to get knocked down again. The only time you jump back up and don't take the time is when it's a slip or not really a bad punch and you want to show that you haven't really been affected. But that's more of a mental thing than a physical thing. Not sure it was the smartest thing for Ole to say, I understand what he was trying to say, but it certainly applies to boxing.

romufc

What a shit show of a presser.

Honestly, I dont care how Ole is feeling and how the players are. Its high time some difficult questions are put to the manager.

Its always about the last game, we have been consistently putting bad performances and all we here is we will do better, up to us to put it right.

Leicester was bad enough in the first place, then Liverpool and yet nothing put towards Ole. No wonder he is smiling.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If you were aware of how press conferences ahead of games work you wouldn't have to invent a conspiracy theory about what's happening.

All questions asked in the pre-game press conference is pre-approved by the clubs press secretary. The reason for this is that the press conference is about the upcoming game. It is not a ask-all tell-all interview where the journalists will eviscerate the person they're questioning with hard hitting questions.

It's a carefully controlled affair aimed at putting focus on the game while allowing the manager in question to answer relevant questions about recent events if they are relevant to the game, without making the entire press conference about one answer about a hot topic, like Ole's job security, or secret love affair.

:lol:

No manager in the PL has been as protected as OGS. He’s the Glazers shield, that’s what he’s employed for.

It goes far above and beyond the normal protocol of pressers.

Utd used to have a manager the press were scared of… now they have one that needs to protected from them.

Robindinho

I saw a report, think it was from 'The Sun' (yes, I know), saying that the pay off would "only" be £7.5m. Less than Bruce's.

studs

The club protecting him, enough of this midwifery. We the public/fans will always find fallacy. It's what we do, to find a fault and try and fix it. We are in short circuit and if we don't fix it now, the next step is bang.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

No manager in the PL has been as protected as OGS. He’s the Glazers shield, that’s what he’s employed for.

Utd used to have a manager the press were scared of… now they have one that needs to protected from them.
Why are you laughing? I just told you how the press conferences work in the Premier League.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why doesn't it work in boxing? Smart boxers use the time to get up if they've been hit hard. It gives them some extra seconds to refocus, runs the clock down and delays momentum. It's absolutely true that boxers that try and jump up are more likely to get knocked down again. The only time you jump back up and don't take the time is when it's a slip or not really a bad punch and you want to show that you haven't really been affected. But that's more of a mental thing than a physical thing. Not sure it was the smartest thing for Ole to say, I understand what he was trying to say, but it certainly applies to boxing.
Because it’s referees judgement call in boxing. It’s up to the ref to long count or stand to eight count. I get that boxers are trying to get their bearings right as quick as possible but it’s negligible if you look at boxing bouts where boxers have been knocked down early in the round. Incidentally, some think Fury should have been counted out the second fight.

Ixion

The Liverpool result is almost masking all the previously shit results to the point Ole is just fixating on it and acting like it was a bad day at the office.

Loon

I don't think the payoff comes into it at all. Somebody has had a word with the Glazers to stay the hand. Solskjaer's a very lucky man and I doubt anyone other than a player with his long association with the club would have survived that result.

I have zero doubt he's a popular man throughout the club, again which he predecessor was not, and that might have played the smallest part in the stay, but tea-lady love aside, he just hasn't progressed on the all-important football management side and crucially shows little signs of progression, which is the job he's paid for and the job he should be judged on.

Teja

(F) Doubt.

Jose got harder questions thrown at him - why wasn't so and so played, or players' form or whatever. Reporters insinuated to Pep that he was taking under the table payments from the owners. I think even a few weeks ago, Ole seemed a unprepared for the question on what characteristics he wanted from his CM partnership.

Paxi

The Liverpool result is almost masking all the previously shit results to the point Ole is just fixating on it and acting like it was a bad day at the office.
Exactly. It’s infuriating.

HailtotheKing

Because it’s referees judgement call in boxing. It’s up to the ref to long count or stand to eight count. I get that boxers are trying to get their bearings right as quick as possible but it’s negligible if you look at boxing bouts where boxers have been knocked down early in the round. Incidentally, some think Fury should have been counted out the second fight.
I think Fury literally just talked about this, which is why Ole brought it up. I think we both understand what he was trying to say though. Not sure if it's right, because there have been times where we got hit and we hit straight back - Leeds and Newcastle for example. So ultimately he's talking a bit of bollocks as usual. These press conferences are utterly pointless though.

FerociousCorgis

nothing more really to be said. Club is in a sad state of affairs. Play on the field has been shit for a while now. No tactical ability shown by Ole that he should be in one of the top managerial positions in the world. Honestly scared of somehow him surviving longer and just tanking our overall progress. This whole staff is just a joke run by people who havent earned shit in their coaching careers.

Loon

In addition, I think most of the people in this thread who have lost patience with him are concerned he will get results against Spurs and City and his mediocre reign will continue when he should have gone last weekend. I just cannot see Solskjaer turning it around Ferguson-style and delivering a trophy end of season (please quote this if I am wrong - I''ll love it).

Paxi

I think Fury literally just talked about this, which is why Ole brought it up. I think we both understand what he was trying to say though. Not sure if it's right, because there have been times where we got hit and we hit straight back - Leeds and Newcastle for example. So ultimately he's talking a bit of bollocks as usual. These press conferences are utterly pointless though.
Look we can have different opinions on whether it’s an appropriate thing for boxers to do but I certainly don’t buy his analogy to boxing.

Chairman Steve

I don’t believe that suit fitting story for one second either. How convenient a ‘suit fitting event’ took place just after a horrific result and just happened to involve SAF and Edwards :rolleyes:

Why a training ground?
Why not the stadium or any other Utd facility?
Why not the tailors place?
Why not just at your own house?
Why the need for new club suits? They barely look like they change the past 10 years. I hardly see Ferguson wear a club suit. He’s usually in a standard suit.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Paid off more like.

Glazers / Woodward have journos in their pockets.
Hardly.

British footy press are famously ruthless - they make money from it.

Ole would’ve been utterly destroyed there if not for Glazers protection.

Go back to RAWK mate.
(F) Doubt.

Jose got harder questions thrown at him - why wasn't so and so played, or players' form or whatever. Reporters insinuated to Pep that he was taking under the table payments from the owners. I think even a few weeks ago, Ole seemed a unprepared for the question on what characteristics he wanted from his CM partnership.
Is this where we have got to? Claiming that journo’s are getting paid off? :lol: :lol:

CAF never change.

This is how shit like Q Anon starts. Conspiracy theories being ran and treated like gospel, when it is so far from the truth it’s unbelievable

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

Who’s paying you?
United? Team Solkjaer? Someone else?

Our manager is a Glazer puppet. Someone who’s paid to talk shit, on top of being totally incompetent.

Teja

Is this where we have got to? Claiming that journo’s are getting paid off? :lol: :lol:

CAF never change.

This is how shit like Q Anon starts. Conspiracy theories being ran and treated like gospel, when it is so far from the truth it’s unbelievable
That's not what most people are saying mate. It's your point that all the questions are pre-screened / approved that I'm personally doubting

FujiVice

I havent been on here for a few days, but is anyone else just stunned at the flippant term "it isnt good enough" following the worst defeat at home to our main rivals in history?

Haddock

I havent been on here for a few days, but is anyone else just stunned at the flippant term "it isnt good enough" following the worst defeat at home to our main rivals in history?
What else is there to be said. Liverpool could have scored 12 and you, me and every other poster on this site knows it. This man is a relegation level coach. Even Steve Bruce can coach a better defence. I loved Ole as a player but yeah, it's time to admit rival fans and pundits were right about him.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
That's not what most people are saying mate. It's your point that all the questions are pre-screened / approved that I'm personally doubting
I didn’t say that @Tom Cato did.

Questions are pre-screened in some pressers and wouldn’t be surprised if the questions were screened in this one as from what I’ve seen no one asked him about his future.

So not too far our of the realms of possibility that questions were pre-screened. It’s standard practice in PR.

SER19

In some mental way getting battered 5 nil has been good for solskjaer in that he's managed to portray it all as a freak result we need to just move on from, as if we hadn't just been battered by Leicester, 1 point in 6 from villa Everton at home and lost to bloody young boys. Im so sick of it

Paxi

In some mental way getting battered 5 nil has been good for solskjaer in that he's managed to portray it all as a freak result we need to just move on from, as if we hadn't just been battered by Leicester, 1 point in 6 from villa Everton at home and lost to bloody young boys. Im so sick of it
It’s mad isn’t it?

dove

Or even the games we won, such as against Wolves and Villareal where we should have been 0-4 down at HT as well... Words cannot describe just how bad we are this season.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yes, that’s the issue. If only Rooney and his teammates ran more under Moyes, we’d have won the Champions League no doubt.
Why does everything on the CAF have to be reduced to the absolute simplest of terms and it be used against someone?

Clearly Rooney didn’t mean what the poster has said, but it’s used against him

Foxbatt

I don’t believe that suit fitting story for one second either. How convenient a ‘suit fitting event’ took place just after a horrific result and just happened to involve SAF and Edwards :rolleyes:

Why a training ground?
Why not the stadium or any other Utd facility?
Why not the tailors place?
Why not just at your own house?
Why the need for new club suits? They barely look like they change the past 10 years. I hardly see Ferguson wear a club suit. He’s usually in a standard suit.
This is what our club has become now? A taylor shop? If you need a suit fitted go to Manchester United?

Status
Not open for further replies.