Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Holy shit, JM acolytes came out of the woodwork, while others went full gold fish mode, actually screw it, carry on, this fan base is so fecked in the head, its great watch at least.
Someone disagrees with me therefore they are "fecked in the head".

Mainoldo

So they warming us up for the McKenna intermin to be made permanent when we start singing his name.

SonyaCross493

United beat Manchester City last season without Ronaldo playing Marcus Rashford upfront so you'd think we'd have a good chance of beating Manchester City this season WITH Ronaldo who's better than Rashford in every aspect.

Otherwise questions will start to be asked why we can't beat any of the Top 4 Big Boys teams this season WITH Ronaldo in the team even getting a flukey jammy win like Crystal Palace did? Especially after losing 0-5 at home to Liverpool. We need to make it competitive and a tight game.. if Crystal Palance can do it against Manchester City so should United with the players United have. It's not asking a lot to be competitive in these games and don't lose 5-0..

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
McKenna has been at the club for how many years as first team coach? surely if he is that good we would see it on the pitch, either that or if he thinks the managers undermine his talents he would have fecked off managing another club.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Woot?!

Edit: Would advise you to do some research before you come with shit like that.
Research?

You're equally spartan about your defence on Ole you're creating myths out of thin air, yet when people are stating facts regarding Jose they're **** and brainwashed? So yes, you're a pot calling kettle black

And research? What did you research on about ole? go on enlighten us

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Yea posts like mine are real problem and its me who creates sects and divisions within the fanbase. Without reasonable basis? You know that one of the previous posters above is/was JM fan way before he became United manger, you know period where we were battling him for PL titles.

Evaluation doesnt make an acolyte of Jose, posters history during tenure of that classless cnut does. Every since that toxic motherfecker got a sack, we had posters popping when it was a good moment to join others and have a go at Ole, funny part is, they started implementing same standards that they were defending their guy from.

Suddenly now style of football is important for them, promoting youth also, they used JM pulling that piece of paper in press conference with names of players he gave a 1-3 min debut as proof the he actually promoted youth for feck sake. So spare me please with whole debate notion, people just fight for their guy, thats about it.
Good post. Also spot on with last paragraph. Fought for their guy when he served shit football, barely played youth (even called them shit squad and he wouldn't pay money to watch them) now all of a sudden those are the standards for these Jose boys.

There are few consistent posters who had same standards during both tenures and called both as not good enough. And there are few obvious in one's who came up with nonsense like "we have midtable team so we should expect midtable finish" "we are only signing players from midtable clubs" suddenly turned into "how we should be winning the league".

Anyways point is, none of the managers we hired are good enough. Only difference is, they have fan base who keeps changing goal posts to argue their guy is better.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Has been a constant at Utd during multiple eras of shit football.

Needs to go along with the current failing manager.

Same goes for all the first team coaches. Why do they keep loitering behind after each manager?

feck off, you’ve failed, multiple times!

Last edited:

hobbers

Of course, we hired Ramsay because McKenna recommended him. Because they were mates at uni. No fecking wonder.

So fecking tragic, not only how fast we're sinking but the way these abysmal decisions are being made. Nothing will change for the better for us until we get rid of all of the old boys network around the place, and all of these no-mark PE teachers who should be coaching some u23 reserve side in the championship, not the first team of one of the biggest clubs on the planet.

Womp

idiot
Good post. Also spot on with last paragraph. Fought for their guy when he served shit football, barely played youth (even called them shit squad and he wouldn't pay money to watch them) now all of a sudden those are the standards for these Jose boys.

There are few consistent posters who had same standards during both tenures and called both as not good enough. And there are few obvious in one's who came up with nonsense like "we have midtable team so we should expect midtable finish" "we are only signing players from midtable clubs" suddenly turned into "how we should be winning the league".

Anyways point is, none of the managers we hired are good enough. Only difference is, they have fan base who keeps changing goal posts to argue their guy is better.
What the feck is with this tribalist rubbish? I use to think it was more down to the players than Jose - but can people not change their perspective? In hindsight, I was wrong, which is why he was sacked. What is ridiculous is seeing the same rubbish again and still going to the same lengths to justify it

roonster09

Scout
What the feck is with this tribalist rubbish? I use to think it was more down to the players than Jose - but can people not change their perspective? In hindsight, I was wrong, which is why he was sacked. What is ridiculous is seeing the same rubbish again and still going to the same lengths to justify it
Ofcourse they can. Few blame managers, few blame players as usual. It's hilarious people who kept supporting him when he played shit football and gave 0 fecks about young players suddenly are worried about good football. If the posters were worried about good football, they wouldn't have supported Jose till last day and even beyond that moaning about how he wasn't backed.

Why is it ridiculous and rubbish? Maybe this is the problem, only Jose fans can blame players calling all sort of names and shit on them just to save their man but Ole fans shouldn't. Maybe couple of years down the line Ole fans will say how they were wrong.

The same rubbish is spouted again but by different set, that's why I said " Anyways point is, none of the managers we hired are good enough. Only difference is, they have fan base who keeps changing goal posts to argue their guy is better.

What @R'hllor was spot on, including the point about posters popping up the moment we are shit and goes into hiding when we go on a decent run. Few observe that, few don't as simple as that.

Womp

idiot
Ofcourse they can. Few blame managers, few blame players as usual. It's hilarious people who kept supporting him when he played shit football and gave 0 fecks about young players suddenly are worried about good football. If the posters were worried about good football, they wouldn't have supported Jose till last day and even beyond that moaning about how he wasn't backed.

Why is it ridiculous and rubbish? Maybe this is the problem, only Jose fans can blame players calling all sort of names and shit on them just to save their man but Ole fans shouldn't. Maybe couple of years down the line Ole fans will say how they were wrong.

The same rubbish is spouted again but by different set, that's why I said " Anyways point is, none of the managers we hired are good enough. Only difference is, they have fan base who keeps changing goal posts to argue their guy is better.

What @R'hllor was spot on, including the point about posters popping up the moment we are shit and goes into hiding when we go on a decent run. Few observe that, few don't as simple as that.

Which is fair yes - but once again, people's perceptions can change. For example, in the Jose period - I don't think anyone really expected good football, he has never been known for using youth or playing good football, everyone knew he was purely brought in to win trophies. The expectations have changed because simply put, Ole has had more time and spent more money. Not to add, this is the best squad we've had in a long time and people are aware of that.

I do agree with your point thought - Jose wasn't good enough, nor is Ole. That's the problem I think, some people are still going to extreme lengths to support managers who are showing the same patterns that we have already seen under previous management. As a fanbase we need to get away from this unwavering support approach we have to managers of the club - at the end of the day, regardless of their past and what not, they should be judged as managers of Manchester United.

I'd hope we can all see by now that a manager doesn't need 3 years and ridiculous investment to get us playing some good football.

R'hllor

Research?

You're equally spartan about your defence on Ole you're creating myths out of thin air, yet when people are stating facts regarding Jose they're **** and brainwashed? So yes, you're a pot calling kettle black

And research? What did you research on about ole? go on enlighten us
:lol: Check my post history regarding Ole you JM zealot, that research i meant. Also while you at it, you can check my posts about Ole in/out folk. Equally spartan he said, you came at me, having zero clue, just throwing shit randomly.

Edit: In case you cant be bothered to look around, here will give you a quick run down. In a poll about should JM be our new manager, i was in those 19% against, battling this place every time when you had some issue regarding him. Also, was against people that wanted to take away all credit from JM for McT for example etc. It was simple, praise for things he did right, have a go for things i had issue with.

When it comes to Ole, i was against him getting permanent job before end season review, while majority of this place where :drool: and singing "Ole at the wheel". Just like for JM, never was shy to have a go at him after every piss poor performance or things i desliked, like his late subs, certain contract extensions under him etc. Even last season, when ever i called performances unacceptable, i got replies like "2nd, 2nd, 2nd", which was funny, because same shit was spouted by JM brigade. I also stated that Ole in folk is a bit more obnoxious than Ole out.

You see i really dont give a flying feck who the manager is, thats why i stayed clear from all manager in/out nonsense, thats why you wont find my vote for JM/Ole in/out, you wont find a single post where i wrote JM or Ole out. If there are things i have issues with, will have a go and express them, while praising things i like, crazy concept i bet for people like you, Amadeus, Haram, (not to mention diehard Ronaldo/Messi fans) etc.

R'hllor

Which is fair yes - but once again, people's perceptions can change. For example, in the Jose period - I don't think anyone really expected good football, he has never been known for using youth or playing good football, everyone knew he was purely brought in to win trophies. The expectations have changed because simply put, Ole has had more time and spent more money. Not to add, this is the best squad we've had in a long time and people are aware of that.

I do agree with your point thought - Jose wasn't good enough, nor is Ole. That's the problem I think, some people are still going to extreme lengths to support managers who are showing the same patterns that we have already seen under previous management. As a fanbase we need to get away from this unwavering support approach we have to managers of the club - at the end of the day, regardless of their past and what not, they should be judged as managers of Manchester United.

I'd hope we can all see by now that a manager doesn't need 3 years and ridiculous investment to get us playing some good football.
Tell that to all those youtube vod spams of Real Madrid counter attacking clips as a way to shut down any discussion regarding his style of play.

Womp

idiot
Tell that to all those youtube vod spams of Real Madrid counter attacking clips as a way to shut down any discussion regarding his style of play.
Ye that's a fair point, but I'm not sure how much of that was down to people liking Jose, or just desperately trying to convince themselves that we had finally got it right. You'd be hard done finding many United fans who prefer Jose over Ole as a person (I'd hope, at least) - at least in my case, it's just being able to change my stance on the matter as we've already been there done that with this stuff now. We've had quite a few under performing managers - we know what to expect with them now.

roonster09

Scout

Yeah, people go to extreme lengths to defend manager which is a big issue, same posters don't think twice to call all sort of names to blame players.

Hopefully others also start to realize that managers are just employees just like players, they can be replaced.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Yeah, people go to extreme lengths to defend manager which is a big issue, same posters don't think twice to call all sort of names to blame players.

Hopefully others also start to realize that managers are just employees just like players, they can be replaced.
If fact it can cause a real problem when a club legend becomes manager and fails to achieve anything. Glazers know Ole is not an elite manager. They have hung him out to dry. Utd DNA my a*se.

Womp

idiot

I genuinely do believe a big part of it is desperation. We have made wrong decision after wrong decision, are spending the required amount of money to be able to compete, but have been largely shit for approaching a decade now. People so desperately want to believe that we finally got it right. Couple that with the fact that we had an ex legend in place, which comes with a sense of romanticism and you have the predicament we had to face.

Skills

Snitch
I genuinely do believe a big part of it is desperation. We have made wrong decision after wrong decision, are spending the required amount of money to be able to compete, but have been largely shit for approaching a decade now. People so desperately want to believe that we finally got it right. Couple that with the fact that we had an ex legend in place, which comes with a sense of romanticism and you have the predicament we had to face.
That doesn't explain why Moyes had his own fan club. This has been happening ever since Sir Alex left, and now it's just compounded with the club legend factor.

Gurtej

United beat Manchester City last season without Ronaldo playing Marcus Rashford upfront so you'd think we'd have a good chance of beating Manchester City this season WITH Ronaldo who's better than Rashford in every aspect.

Otherwise questions will start to be asked why we can't beat any of the Top 4 Big Boys teams this season WITH Ronaldo in the team even getting a flukey jammy win like Crystal Palace did? Especially after losing 0-5 at home to Liverpool. We need to make it competitive and a tight game.. if Crystal Palance can do it against Manchester City so should United with the players United have. It's not asking a lot to be competitive in these games and don't lose 5-0..
it’s not about this…

we beaten city playing a very aggressive counter attacking games all the time ..

winning the ballin our own half and create problems for them… as much as Ronaldo andCavani are 100 times better than Rashford, they can’t counter attack like him or Greenwood or martial….

but Ole is clueless on finding a system that will work against city that’s not counter attacking….

I just hope we can make top 4 and get an astute manager in next year….

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Holy shit, JM acolytes came out of the woodwork, while others went full gold fish mode, actually screw it, carry on, this fan base is so fecked in the head, its great watch at least.
No, my point about Jose was that even he was deemed not good enough despite outperforming Ole in basically every aspect and yet people still somehow think Ole is good enough purely based on the fact that he's a former fan favourite as a player.

Plenty of people aren't objective enough to separate Ole the player and Ole the manager. Ole the player will forever be a favourite, but Ole the manager is one of the worst thing about the club after Sir Alex retired.

NK86

I totally agree. But he said a week or two back that the coaching staff are superb. There’s zero chance of him changing it. He’s delusional.
Or he simply doesn't even know what a truly elite coaching set up looks like?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
:lol: Check my post history regarding Ole you JM zealot, that research i meant. Also while you at it, you can check my posts about Ole in/out folk. Equally spartan he said, you came at me, having zero clue, just throwing shit randomly.

Edit: In case you cant be bothered to look around, here will give you a quick run down. In a poll about should JM be our new manager, i was in those 19% against, battling this place every time when you had some issue regarding him. Also, was against people that wanted to take away all credit from JM for McT for example etc. It was simple, praise for things he did right, have a go for things i had issue with.

When it comes to Ole, i was against him getting permanent job before end season review, while majority of this place where :drool: and singing "Ole at the wheel". Just like for JM, never was shy to have a go at him after every piss poor performance or things i desliked, like his late subs, certain contract extensions under him etc. Even last season, when ever i called performances unacceptable, i got replies like "2nd, 2nd, 2nd", which was funny, because same shit was spouted by JM brigade. I also stated that Ole in folk is a bit more obnoxious than Ole out.

You see i really dont give a flying feck who the manager is, thats why i stayed clear from all manager in/out nonsense, thats why you wont find my vote for JM/Ole in/out, you wont find a single post where i wrote JM or Ole out. If there are things i have issues with, will have a go and express them, while praising things i like, crazy concept i bet for people like you, Amadeus, Haram, (not to mention diehard Ronaldo/Messi fans) etc.
https://www.redcafe.net/search/592030/

But hey ho. I think you really need anger management class bro

R'hllor

No, my point about Jose was that even he was deemed not good enough despite outperforming Ole in basically every aspect and yet people still somehow think Ole is good enough purely based on the fact that he's a former fan favourite as a player.

Plenty of people aren't objective enough to separate Ole the player and Ole the manager. Ole the player will forever be a favourite, but Ole the manager is one of the worst thing about the club after Sir Alex retired.
If numbers show he is out performing him well thats it then, i dont know because i dont care enough to do a research but with all better numbers, JM also sold out game vs West Ham just so he could come out after the match and prove his point about his need for a CB, he also came out after Sevilla game and shit all over the club that supposedly people support etc.

Personally for me numbers are just that without any context, for example, you have a go at JM, other side trying to shut you down with "2nd" league position, you have a go at Ole, same thing happens just different folk. Similar with away record under Ole, without context it looks nice but nobody talks how Brighton last year wiped the floor with us and that was not only game where we looked like we never saw a ball in our lifes.

R'hllor

https://www.redcafe.net/search/592030/

But hey ho. I think you really need anger management class bro
Have no idea where that link leads. Even if i need anger management class, at least there would be still help for me, there is no help for you, stucked in follower mentality, sheep forever. That probably makes me to react because of my personal experience during 90`s in country i am from.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Jose acolytes.

Ole is much better than Jose for us.

Cavani as our striker vs Lukaku any day of the week.

Ronaldo over Zlatan.

Bruno over Henrikh Mkhitarayan.

Varane or Maguire over Bailly or Lindelof.

Sancho over Sanchez.

Just because he can manage trash better doesn't mean he was better for us.

Mainoldo

Jose acolytes.

Ole is much better than Jose for us.

Cavani as our striker vs Lukaku any day of the week.

Ronaldo over Zlatan.

Bruno over Henrikh Mkhitarayan.

Varane or Maguire over Bailly or Lindelof.

Sancho over Sanchez.

Just because he can manage trash better doesn't mean he was better for us.
What does this mean? Also Maguire is literally the biggest waste of money we have ever spent.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What does this mean? Also Maguire is literally the biggest waste of money we have ever spent.
Oh right yeah because Jose didn't want to sign him right?

Name check Jose as a trash manager then.

Status
Not open for further replies.