Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

When we hired him I said if things go bad he will at least unlike the previous managers resign out of his love for the club. How wrong I was. The 7.5m a year is more important to him and I guess that's just the way it goes for people without any honor.
Sorry but you were doomed from the start. Of course he won't walk away, he's a low tier manager. Coaches that do that are top coaches (top league at least) that know they'll get another chance.

Not Ole, he knows this is it. His last big check, he won't get another job at a top club, feck I even doubt he'll get one at a top league.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
His refusal of resigning has tarnished his status at the club for me. Now I know he's just like the rest of them, out for the money and absolutely no honor about him whatsoever. All this bs being spewed out of his mouth about how mighty this club is and how we should always compete and the united way and whatever more bs he keeps parroting yet he keeps losing games for fun and has absolutely no clue and refuses to just resign and put us out of our misery. Shambles of a man he is.
Said by a man who is angry and talking total nonsense. You wouldn't walk away from an £8m payoff and neither would I.

Turn the anger on where it belongs. It's the board's responsibility to sack managers.

Jesus Christ this forum is so all over the place. We all know Oles time is up. It's now on the board to put the guy out of his misery.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Did he really say that?
Yes.

He also said United should try and revive this season under Ole and reset in the summer.

So all this time he chats out of his arse about liking the group and the cultural reboot, before then saying reset in the summer.

He has no clue.

BlueHaze

Ole to BBC after the game.

- Do you think your position is in danger?

Ole: No I do not. I am in constant communication with the club. The dialogue is open and honest. I work for Man United. I want the best for Man United and as long as I am here I want to keep improving the team.

:lol::lol::lol:

El Zoido

Why is everyone obsessed with what pundits are saying? Who cares, it's irrelevant what they think.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Ole: No I do not. I am in constant communication with the club. The dialogue is open and honest. I work for Man United. I want the best for Man United and as long as I am here I want to keep improving the team.

That's fine Ole. Any time you want to start would be good.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He’s not going anywhere. We might finish 4th. Doubt we will win anything.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Ok. This ruined my day

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Why is this funny?

NK86

Said by a man who is angry and talking total nonsense. You wouldn't walk away from an £8m payoff and neither would I.

Turn the anger on where it belongs. It's the board's responsibility to sack managers.

Jesus Christ this forum is so all over the place. We all know Oles time is up. It's now on the board to put the guy out of his misery.
We wouldn't, but we don't have a legacy at OT to live up to or at the very least, protect. Ole has one. So if he doesn't resign then yes his legacy should reflect that. A guy who kept playing injured players to save his own skin and all the while ensuring United struggle massively despite having an excellent squad. All this nonsense of him being viewed separately from the player he was should be thrown out the window if he is just another employee who would rather be sacked to ensure that he receives the payout than serve up his resignation when he knows he is dragging the club down.

An example, Neville for all the hate he gets as a pundit, retired midway through a season practically tearing up his contract when he knew he wasn't up to the mark. That is what protecting a legacy is. If Ole cannot do anything like that, then he should be called out.

The Board are inept but Ole is not blame free (not just his performances as a manager) as he is referred to as a legend who "cares" about the club.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The amount of posters here who think it’s “dignified” for an employed man to just walk away from his high paying job and he should just “do it” - is laughable.

Whether you’re Ole In or Ole Out is arbitrary, would you walk away from your dream job just because outsiders think you’re shite at your job? Of course you wouldn’t.

BlueHaze

I've complained about them so much it does nothing anymore. We all know them clueless folk are here to stay for a long time but at least Ole can stop pretending about wanting the best for the club, show some decency and walk. He is clearly not up for it.

BlueHaze

The amount of posters here who think it’s “dignified” for an employed man to just walk away from his high paying job and he should just “do it” - is laughable.

Whether you’re Ole In or Ole Out is arbitrary, would you walk away from your dream job just because outsiders think you’re shite at your job? Of course you wouldn’t.
Believe me even himself at this point is fully aware he's shite.

Lukinho

He has to go. I cant believe that he is going to survive this as well. Absolute joke of a club

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why is everyone obsessed with what pundits are saying? Who cares, it's irrelevant what they think.
pressure from the papers and TV make a huge difference to making a clear and concise

Halftrack

Yes, I’m also more inclined to believe one of the GOATs is at fault. Is at fault for bailing out the wannabe manager in so many games.
Under the right manager, Ronaldo would be absolutely devastating. I think, for Ole's plans, Ronaldo was somewhat of a spanner in the works. Class player, but the team and Ole's tactics aren't built to support a player like him.

Note that I'm not saying that we would be flying without Ronaldo, or that we couldn't be doing better with him. I'm just saying that Ronaldo's arrival complicated things for Ole, and he seems unable to make it work.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I've complained about them so much it does nothing anymore. We all know them clueless folk are here to stay for a long time but at least Ole can stop pretending about wanting the best for the club, show some decency and walk. He is clearly not up for it.
He isn't up to it I agree. I lost all hope for him after Liverpool. But it's the club's duty to sack him. Can't blame the guy for that surely?

They need to put the guy out of his misery before it gets even more ugly.

Shark

@NotShark
If Ole is our manager come the next game we are the worst run big club in world Football!
We're already the worst run club regardless of that. No other club would would stand for a 5-0 humiliation to bitter rivals on top of what's been served up before that this season.

Tony247

Seriously. I never understand this. Sometimes they make sense but most of the time it is just cliché and meaningless.

BlueHaze

He isn't up to it I agree. I lost all hope for him after Liverpool. But it's the club's duty to sack him. Can't blame the guy for that surely?

They need to put the guy out of his misery before it gets even more ugly.
Mate we all know if it was a choice to get rid of the owners vs Ole our entire fanbase would chose the first. Idk what more I can say about them it's just a waste of energy.

Micky Targaryen

What a load of shite he’s spouting. Going around in circles without actually saying anything of substance. We failed with Hose and LvG and therefore shouldn’t move on from Ole? We shouldn’t appoint Poch because he has no trophies but it’s ok to hire Ole? Horse shit.

vanderstar

That's fine Ole. Any time you want to start would be good.
In my opinion Ole has done his work. He should have taken another role in the club after last season and given the club enough time to sign a new manager. That would have been Ole improving this team...

Xaviboy

Piss off ole, just hosted a open training session for man city and your players were used as mannequins.

PoTMS

His post match comments sound worryingly like a man who has been promised the rest of the season.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
In my opinion Ole has done his work. He should have taken another role in the club after last season and given the club enough time to sign a new manager. That would have been Ole improving this team...
He did the initial job no problem with that, I can't blame him for hanging on now after his sell by date as he'll never get another job like this. But enough is enough I've watched the club for over 40 years and can't ever remember seeing us play looking like nobody has a clue what to do so often.

Gazza

Apologies if already posted

It felt like City were targeting Wan-Bissaka so leaving him with Greenwood and Fernandes for cover in front of him was just leaving him out to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.