Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he’s talking like a man who not under any pressure.. hmmmmmmmmmm.
I get the same impression too. The way he walked off the pitch didn't look like a manager who was in danger. Look under more under pressure after Liverpool.

spiriticon

I hate that he has led this group of schoolchildren-like players into an unescapable comfort zone. No fight, no passhun, no daysire.

But's it's ok, because you just have to talk about it. Don't actually have to do it, right? That's the modern way.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
My word it’s depressing hearing him planning for post international break. I know he’s not going to say his job is threatened, but he seems as if he knows he’ll be here for a while.
Him planning anything is not only depressing, it's becoming genuinely scary.

dove

Everything has already been said. Fraud of the manager who should be nowhere near managing United is here for 3 years already, going into international break being humiliated by both our biggest rivals where 0-7 aggregate AT HOME could have been much worse. Wasted over £100m on 2 players who he has absolutely no clue what to do with. Our performances are and have always been absolutely shambolic and the results are finally catching up with it. We haven't keep a clean sheet for 14 consecutive games at home. Won 2 games in a row like once in over 20 games. Constantly getting outplayed by quite literally every team. Anyone supporting him is either a rival fan or have some screws missing in their head. We are a laughing stock but that's not even the biggest issue right now. Biggest issue is that us being a laughing stock is being completely supported by the club and still a decent portion of our fanbase. We keep rewarding mediocrity with new contracts and that's what we get. Every good successful manager who knows what he is doing is being labelled as hipster here but having an absolutely clueless manager who has no idea what he is doing here is absolutely fine as long as he spouts some "United DNA" BS in press conferences. We have zero fear factor with Ole in charge. Everyone is just laughing at us and who can blame them really. But don't worry guys. SAF struggled in December 2001, Ole struggles in October/November 2021 which can only mean 1 thing. Ole is a new SAF.

Ole Ole Ole I love you

beer&grill

Last year we had some movement / counters atleast but this year Ronaldo killed his planning it seems ! No doubt Ronaldo scores worldies but whole team is suffering to be honest

On top of that simple and sily defensive mistakes not helping either. AWB/Maguire/Shaw were shocking this year
Yes, I’m also more inclined to believe one of the GOATs is at fault. Is at fault for bailing out the wannabe manager in so many games.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Everything has already been said. Fraud of the manager who should be nowhere near managing United is here for 3 years already, going into international break being humiliated by both our biggest rivals where 0-7 aggregate AT HOME could have been much worse. Wasted over £100m on 2 players who he has absolutely no clue what to do with. Our performances are and have always been absolutely shambolic and the results are finally catching up with it. We haven't keep a clean sheet for 14 consecutive games at home. Won 2 games in a row like once in over 20 games. Constantly getting outplayed by quite literally every team. Anyone supporting him is either a rival fan or have some screws missing in their head. We are a laughing stock but that's not even the biggest issue right now. Biggest issue is that us being a laughing stock is being completely supported by the club and still a decent portion of our fanbase. We keep rewarding mediocrity with new contracts and that's what we get. Every good successful manager who knows what he is doing is being labelled as hipster here but having an absolutely clueless manager who has no idea what he is doing here is absolutely fine as long as he spouts some "United DNA" BS in press conferences. We have zero fear factor with Ole in charge. Everyone is just laughing at us and who can blame them really. But don't worry guys. SAF struggled in December 2001, Ole struggles in October/November 2021 which can only mean 1 thing. Ole is a new SAF.

Ole Ole Ole I love you
I believe we've past laughing stock, Liverpool and City does indeed took pity upon us. I don't even know what's worse, a 2 digit lost or a 5-0 mercy

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"We just need to get back to what we looked like and what we were and we've got the players to do that"

"systems or style we just need to be on the front foot more"

Get this clown out of the club. He's more incompetent and damaging than a chef that doesn't wash his hands after a poop.
Its clear that he is not a manager that focuses on tactics, playstyle or system. But almost all the successful managers in the past 10-15 years have those, at least theyre adept at tactics even without consistent playstyle (the more pragmatic managers).

mu4c_20le

I hate that he has led this group of schoolchildren-like players into an unescapable comfort zone. No fight, no passhun, no daysire.

But's it's ok, because you just have to talk about it. Don't actually have to do it, right? That's the modern way.
This has been a culture problem at the club ever since SAF retired. If anything, he came in and stopped the rot by ending the brand nonsense and reducing the social media nonsense from the younger players.

dove

I believe we've past laughing stock, Liverpool and City does indeed took pity upon us. I don't even know what's worse, a 2 digit lost or a 5-0 mercy
Yea we are reaching the Arsenal levels where there is even no point in laughing at them they are so bad. But I am sure Liverpool and City fans don't mind seeing us with Ole in charge. Us getting someone like Conte would have brought some fear factor back because he is a winner. But nah, we are clearly not interested in winning. As long as we have United DNA guys in the management, everything is going to be alright, doesn't matter how clueless our entire coaching staff looks.

BlueHaze

His refusal of resigning has tarnished his status at the club for me. Now I know he's just like the rest of them, out for the money and absolutely no honor about him whatsoever. All this bs being spewed out of his mouth about how mighty this club is and how we should always compete and the united way and whatever more bs he keeps parroting yet he keeps losing games for fun and has absolutely no clue and refuses to just resign and put us out of our misery. Shambles of a man he is.

Gazza

This has been a culture problem at the club ever since SAF retired. If anything, he came in and stopped the rot by ending the brand nonsense and reducing the social media nonsense from the younger players.
What does this even mean? What did he do exactly? And how has it improved us? Genuine question here, because I’m baffled what the above refers to

SAFMUTD

In his post match interview he talks about getting back to where we were last season and beggining of this season.

Like we were good at those times, he's truly a loser. Im starting to hate him, his credit as a player is way past done, him being incompetent and dragging us into complete humiliation against our rivals has done it for me.

Feck him

spiriticon

Well we're back to square one this season then.

There is just no pressure to perform or maintain standards at United and Ole doesn't look like he's improved anything. Everything is just 'forget this game, look forward and move on'. I'm like, 'no you feckers, I want you to remember this 5-0 loss for a very very long time you bunch of arses"

In another year or two, even Ronaldo could probably start eating chicken burgers, chain smoking and drinking full sugared Coke and Ole would be smiling and saying what an example he is.

Argh.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
What does this even mean? What did he do exactly? And how has it improved us? Genuine question here, because I’m baffled what the above refers to
He's a troll, just put him on ignore.

DomM

I honestly believe we would struggle in the Championship with Ole in charge, lovely bloke but utterly clueless as a manager, he should look for another profession.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s been speaking a lot of sense about the matter surprisingly. I think his point about how some fans/pundits can see that certain players (e.g. McFred) aren’t simply good enough but can’t see that Ole is essentially the managerial equivalent is very accurate.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's bad, yeah, but that'll be skewed by half his run being played in empty grounds. Same reason we had that longest unbeaten away run since the dawn of time or whatever shite that was.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
In his post match interview he talks about getting back to where we were last season and beggining of this season.

Like we were good at those times, he's truly a loser. Im starting to hate him, his credit as a player is way past done, him being incompetent and dragging us into complete humiliation against our rivals has done it for me.

Feck him
Wow! Getting a bit personal much?

He’s been speaking a lot of sense about the matter surprisingly. I think his point about how some fans/pundits can see that certain players (e.g. McFred) aren’t simply good enough but can’t see that Ole is essentially the managerial equivalent is very accurate.
Yet Carragher wouldn’t call out Lampard…..

The United

Didn't even think City was good at all and we gave away 2 stupid goals.

But, once you are conceding those all season, the buck has to stop with the manager now.

And, of course, the gulf between us and them on how to pass properly...

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It's bad, yeah, but that'll be skewed by half his run being played in empty grounds. Same reason we had that longest unbeaten away run since the dawn of time or whatever shite that was.
I agree, but if Ole gets credit for one, he deserves blame for the other.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Spot on. Gary is lying through his teeth to protect his mate. Does he realise that 'top managers' are not all one person? ffs

BlueHaze

Yes, I truly dislike him now. All the legend status as a player is out of the window.
When we hired him I said if things go bad he will at least unlike the previous managers resign out of his love for the club. How wrong I was. The 7.5m a year is more important to him and I guess that's just the way it goes for people without any honor.

united for life

Lots of questions to be asked. Ole needs to start practicing what he preaches. He keeps saying we are the biggest club in the world and nothing is larger than this. He talks about the club’s culture. How does fielding this team formation against city today fit any of this? I don’t mind tactically changing to 3-4-3; this actually worked in some games last year. But to play 5-2-1-2 by limiting our “wing backs” to defending and playing 2 defensive uncreative midfielders is not acceptable for a team like manchester united playing at home. The team was so disconnected. We are the biggest club in the world remember? We are not some mid-table team trying to hold on against City. All the transfers Ole made indicate that he wants to play with wingers; yet, in these games we play all defense. Why not go at City at Old Trafford? Also, it’s obvious McFred lacks creativity and are poor at passing. Why not start VDB? We have a player like Lingard who had a fantastic loan spell at Westham last year (was one of the best players in the league during his time there). How are we utilising Jesse? What have we done to Sancho! He lacks confidence now. Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire have been a disaster this season (shocking, as they were fantastic for England a couple of months back at the Euros). Why start them over and over again? drop them. Not because they don’t deserve to play for United, but because they deserve time away from the spot light. What’s also weird is that I see the team not pressing against opponents and the passing is very slow. Why hasn’t this been taken care of?

i have defended Ole for a long time since I believed in his rebuild (he really signed the right players and man managed others to perform better - prior to this year). But now, after all these signings, I still see him playing the same players over and over again without taking advantage of the squad depth (for example, why doesn’t he start with Donny? Is he individually worse than Fred or McTominay)? That’s just wrong. This needs to change…

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No decency in him. Dead cold is talking about future like everything is cool. He is leeching this club high as it gets.
His "legend" status is gone in my eyes. He is hurting this club because of his own benefits. No difference between him and Glazers. They are all leechers.
And before anybody attack me; if we can dislike Lvg, Moyes or Jose, i don't know why it should be different with failed Cardiff manager.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
When we hired him I said if things go bad he will at least unlike the previous managers resign out of his love for the club. How wrong I was. The 7.5m a year is more important to him and I guess that's just the way it goes for people without any honor.
You’d turn down a nice multi multi million pound pay off - for “honor”

“Honoring” the fans that have called for your head the second you walked through the door?

If I were Ole, I’d stick as long as humanly possible until I get sacked, for one, I’d want MY club to get back to winning ways and turn things around, do anything I can to do that & 2, I’m sure as feck gonna see if I get sacked & get that pay off. You’d be stupid to turn away 21M+ - feck loyalty when my kids kids future is on the line. Generational wealth that is.

laughtersassassin

Lots of questions to be asked. Ole needs to start practicing what he preaches. He keeps saying we are the biggest club in the world and nothing is larger than this. He talks about the club’s culture. How does fielding this team formation against city today fit any of this? I don’t mind tactically changing to 3-4-3; this actually worked in some games last year. But to play 5-2-1-2 by limiting our “wing backs” to defending and playing 2 defensive uncreative midfielders is not acceptable for a team like manchester united playing at home. The team was so disconnected. We are the biggest club in the world remember? We are not some mid-table team trying to hold on against City. All the transfers Ole made indicate that he wants to play with wingers; yet, in these games we play all defense. Why not go at City at Old Trafford? Also, it’s obvious McFred lacks creativity and are poor at passing. Why not start VDB? We have a player like Lingard who had a fantastic loan spell at Westham last year (was one of the best players in the league during his time there). How are we utilising Jesse? What have we done to Sancho! He lacks confidence now. Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire have been a disaster this season (shocking, as they were fantastic for England a couple of months back at the Euros). Why start them over and over again? drop them. Not because they don’t deserve to play for United, but because they deserve time away from the spot light. What’s also weird is that I see the team not pressing against opponents and the passing is very slow. Why hasn’t this been taken care of?

i have defended Ole for a long time since I believed in his rebuild (he really signed the right players and man managed others to perform better - prior to this year). But now, after all these signings, I still see him playing the same players over and over again without taking advantage of the squad depth (for example, why doesn’t he start with Donny? Is he individually worse than Fred or McTominay)? That’s just wrong. This needs to change…
Ole doesn't need to do anything other than leave the club.

He has been given way too much time already

Status
Not open for further replies.