Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

The most infuriating thing up till now, is that Ole gives me an impression of a man who is all talk an no action. He often says the right thing, but when it comes to backing the same thing with action fluffs it.

Young, Jones, Lingard should have been demoted and out of the door this summer. Rashford, Pogba, Martial should get the hairdryer and put to place. What he did is the opposite.

Infra-red

To anyone who is up for sacking Ole, assuming Poch wouldn't suddenly jump ship suddenly, who would you actually look to bring in?
It is indeed slim pickings. There is no chance of Ole being sacked before December(ish), but even if he was, as you say, there is a definite shortage of available candidates.

kopviolator

Sacking him now and bringing in Poch in June will help. He's got Spurs to the CL final on £7m net spend in 5 years. He's clearly a better candidate.

If we let Ole spend money, then still sack him mid season, then it's a waste of time. Do it now. This is still Jose's team. Why waste time with Ole when we all know the end result? We are in relegation form right now. We are not going to magically be prime Brazil next season, it's going to get worse.
Fortunately we dont know the end result.

What makes you even think that Poch is available??

gr3yham3

Klopp finished 8th in his first season, pretty sure most would have been calling for his sacking as well.
Exactly this.

What are Ole's qualifications to oversee the biggest rebuilding job in football?
None. The only one is he helped turn Molde into a winning team. But we got in 2 of the most experienced and decorated managers to oversee the rebuild, and look where that got us? We can get any manager in, even Pep or Klopp, but they we also struggle with the players we have now and the board that they have to deal with.

Moriarty

Something happened in the dressing room after the appointment. It was as if somebody turned a switch off and the good run came to a grinding halt and stayed that way.

Gavinb33

The players have not been fit enough to keep up the way Ole wanted to play for all the games, you could even see it in the early game where we were winning after 50/60 minutes the football fell of a cliff and now we see it more crystallised where we cannot keep up form and tempo for more than 30 minutes in all honesty the players are fecked.

Zoo

Unless he gets major help behind the scenes I think he doesn’t have the nous or experience to progress us next season. The club is in a lot of trouble on the field.

dave1956

The bulk of the first team squad will be kicking off for us next season and they will include Young, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, so the spine of the team will not change nor the attitude in the dressing room. These players know that the board will not sanction a clear out of 4 plus players because of the cost involved.

Mcking

So every manager after SAF was wrong? Can't you see a pattern here it's the fecking players, they are greedy bastards who don't give a shit about the club. feck the lot of him, get rid of all the players before Ole I say!!!!
It's not being the same players though. We have made about 25 signings since SAF and fielded close to 50 players. You can't tell me none of the 25 players we've signed gives a feck. Can you think of any player that has improved and matured since they joined us? One of the managers job is to utilize and improve players, and until we make a very good managerial appointment, we will keep signing players and always blame them for our manager's failures. Mourinho was decent, but was the wrong man.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why people keep putting backing manager with loving a club in same sentence? Club comes first no matter what. So only question here is Ole good enough? Can we risk to waste another season? I think not. Why waste another season, spend 200 mil on a guy who is obviously( and i am sure that even Ole fans know that) out of depth. Going with him is not gamble, it is just wasting another season. So why wait and sack him next year when we can and should do it now

SAFMUTD

post match interview

Ole: "The work starts now, everyone has the summer off but we have to come back with a different mentality and different attitude of being a Man United team. The ones who played did well but it was not good enough."

The ones who played did well, he must be fecking kidding. He’s scared of the dressing room, scared of pointing them out. So long for “the survival of the fittest”.

Ole: "It will take some time to close in on the top, we finished five or six points behind third, fourth, fifth and that has to be our aim. The top two teams have set a standard higher than before and we have to take up the next challenge.”

He must be sacked right now, talking about ending in top 5. Good luck attracting top players or prospects with that ambition. Again he can think that, but he shouldn’t say it.

He’s getting support because his legacy as a player, but damn this is worst than Moyes. This is the worst United team I’ve ever seen.

gr3yham3

We should politely thank him for his time with us and especially for putting smiles back on our faces (for a while anyway). It was good while it lasted. He's not the man to lead us through a rebuilding process. We need a more experienced person with an attitude and strong character. Thinking of a certain weird German guy. Suppose I'll get slated for that!
Weird German guy led his team to EIGHTH when he first took over some Merseyside club.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I confused what is he supposed to do without a transfer window?
Presumably stamp an "identity" on a group of players he didn't assemble, who are literally not fit for the purpose, any number of whom might be on their way out the door.

Easy.

mu4c_20le

Just as it was for Mourinho, his loyalty to his favourites will be his undoing.
Looking back now.. maybe he wasnt just sticking to his favorites, maybe he knows those are the ones who will actually put in a shift

Bojan11

Klopp finished 8th in his first season, pretty sure most would have been calling for his sacking as well.
Klopp who had done a great rebuilding job at Dortmund, who won them the double twice and got to the champions league final on a limited budget. Yes that Klopp. What’s Ole done to suggest he’d be as successful. From day one at Liverpool we saw what type of football Liverpool wanted to play. They wanted to press high and they pretty much gave up the league campaign at the latter part of the season to focus on Europa.

Ole has shown nothing tactically. Doesn’t even have a style of play and makes it up as he goes along. Fitness has nothing to do with not being able to beat Cardiff or Huddersfield.

el3mel

post match interview

Ole: "The work starts now, everyone has the summer off but we have to come back with a different mentality and different attitude of being a Man United team. The ones who played did well but it was not good enough."

The ones who played did well, he must be fecking kidding. He’s scared of the dressing room, scared of pointing them out. So long for “the survival of the fittest”.

Ole: "It will take some time to close in on the top, we finished five or six points behind third, fourth, fifth and that has to be our aim. The top two teams have set a standard higher than before and we have to take up the next challenge.”

He must be sacked right now, talking about ending in top 5. Good luck attracting top players or prospects with that ambition. Again he can think that, but he shouldn’t say it.

He’s getting support because his legacy as a player, but damn this is worst than Moyes. This is the worst United team I’ve ever seen.
His last quotes have all been full Moyes esque shite. He's the new Moyes alright.

Shiva87

SAF and Charlton were never part of that board. They were/are part of a separate board that had/has a non-executive function. In other words it was a ceremonial position with no actual power.
I didn't know that. Any other club in the world which has this kind of a 'ceremonial board'?

gr3yham3

The bulk of the first team squad will be kicking off for us next season and they will include Young, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, so the spine of the team will not change nor the attitude in the dressing room. These players know that the board will not sanction a clear out of 4 plus players because of the cost involved.
I wish I could have a time machine so that I can see our starting 11 for the first game of the 2019/2020 season. The transfer window is not even open yet and people are saying he will start with these players? I am sure Young and Jones will not be in our starting 11 for the first game of the season, with Smalling maybe on the bench.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Should never have gotten the job in the first place. He's not good enough tactically.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Absolutely back Ole. Clear as day that the problem is the players and the dressing room. There are problems above him too but not much he can do about that. Ole knows what he needs to do, he's under no illusions as he's made clear in his press conferences. I hope he gets backed in the summer like he should. I think next year we'll be in the 4th-6th place range again but hopefully with a team that's going places and growing. Not picking up their paycheck and checking out like these wankers.

Reactions: nimic

MrSingh2002

What would it take to get Pochettinho at the end of the season? 120m spend assured eveey year?

Offer it and see what happens. He might take it over working for Levy.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
- So Jose played McT at CB and Ole does it as well.
- Has no clue on his formation to be played . I have seen it all.
- He wanted to sign Maguire last year now we are chasing him with other teams.
- Jose wanted attacking midfielder with goals (like Greizman) . We are chasing Bruno now .
- Jose wanted Dier . We are now after Rice , a similar player .
- Jose wanted Perisic and we are now looking for a winger .
- Jose benched Martial for being lazy and we thought he was losing it. Ole does the same.
- Pogba was stripped off his captaincy because of his attitude and Ole has done the same .

Woodward also needs to be blamed for our season but I think we should have stick with Jose. Would have atleast made us competitive .

Infra-red

Probably. But even in those early days you could at least see what he was trying to do. Plus he had a good CV with experience in the CL and as a title winner in one of Europe's top 3 leagues, so there was cause for optimism.

Solskjaer is a novice at this level, and the side looks poorly coached and devoid of ideas. It's not hard to see why people might reasonably be concerned.

Mcking

With Klopp, you could at least point to his time at Dortmund. We could obviously trust Solskjaer blindly and hope, but are you willing to take such risk?

Will Singh

It's not being the same players though. We have made about 25 signings since SAF and fielded close to 50 players. You can't tell me none of the 25 players we've signed gives a feck. Can you think of any player that has improved and matured since they joined us? One of the managers job is to utilize and improve players, and until we make a very good managerial appointment, we will keep signing players and always blame them for our manager's failures. Mourinho was decent, but was the wrong man.
So who's the manager who you think can do this job?

For me there are 2 managers I'd trust can do this job and that's Klopp and Poch, both can't be reached so we've given it to Ole so let's see what he does. What ever happens there's no way we will be an overnight success so 2/3 seasons out of competing and rebuilding.

gr3yham3

Klopp who had done a great rebuilding job at Dortmund, who won them the double twice and got to the champions league final on a limited budget. Yes that Klopp. What’s Ole done to suggest he’d be as successful. From day one at Liverpool we saw what type of football Liverpool wanted to play. They wanted to press high and they pretty much gave up the league campaign at the latter part of the season to focus on Europa.

Ole has shown nothing tactically. Doesn’t even have a style of play and makes it up as he goes along. Fitness has nothing to do with not being able to beat Cardiff or Huddersfield.
From day one at Manchester United we saw the type of football that Ole wanted to play as well. As many others have said: we start off most of our games with a bang, but end in a whimper as the players just cannot keep up the pace.

Bojan11

post match interview

Played well? What planet is he on? Get used to it we seeing Jones and Smalling as our CB pairing next season. Lingard and Rashford as our main attackers. We won’t score and won’t be able to keep a clean sheet.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's too honest for his own good. Imagine wanting a player that has other offers and reading that, you would turn United down if you had any sense

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He's not going anywhere, so back him.
Not much else we can do.

Like I said in another thread, I think we'll see some very clear indications very shortly.

Does he have a sound project? And are his employers prepared to back him? We'll see - and soon.

Andersons Dietician

Ole has said that he had to change tactics just to focus on trying to win. I think he insinuated due to fitness concerns he couldn’t play or focus on how he really wants to play. So given that it’s hard to say sack him, but if Poch wins the champs league and says ok Spurs I’ve taken you as far as I can I’m off. Only then and I mean only then would that create a scenario where I’d even remotely consider sacking Ole.

Ole deserves a pre-season, a window or 2 to get his players in and I don’t think he is the kind of guy to bring in quick fixes. I think he fully understands that a quick fix will get us nowhere so hopefully he gets the needle moving in the right way next season.

However if this current form continues in to next season he won’t make it to Christmas.

Bojan11

From day one at Manchester United we saw the type of football that Ole wanted to play as well. As many others have said: we start off most of our games with a bang, but end in a whimper as the players just cannot keep up the pace.
And what type of football is that? Seems to me we start off well and then run out of ideas pretty fast.

El Jefe

He was managing in Norway for a reason. Once you accept that it should be quite obvious that he'll always be lost at this level, particularly the top 6.

Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Sarri, Emery and Solskjaer. Doesn't take a genius to see he is horribly out of place. There were some stats in the Lingard thread comparing his numbers to Sterling and co. It's pretty much the same with Ole and the batch of managers above.

Status
Not open for further replies.