Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I worry that he doesn't know what he's doing. Granted, he'll need a season to show what he's made of.

Scotty McT

Remember when everyone was fine with signing Daniel James because he won't be a starter, now Ole is starting him in games when he's clearly nowhere near ready. 7th beckons.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This half has been hugely worrisome. I'm not seeing any fluidity, cohesion or identity in our football. Even Lampards imprint on Chelsea is more evident. I've been in the wait and watch camp with Ole and feel every manager deserves time, but more than mere results, it's the football and progress in your football that makes you successful. And today we look as listless as ever.

izec

He is clueless, it is quite clearly obvious he has no plan how to line up and break down teams. Same lineup as Wolves away to Palace at home with some underperforming players that need bench role

Zoo

Can’t be setting up like an away team against a Hodgson team at Old Trafford. It’s common sense.

One of Mata or Gomes should be starting with the other coming off the bench. This is on Ole.

dove

Honestly, what else people expected from Ole? He is just not good enough as a manager for us and it's gonna end only one way. Another wasted season.

SAFMUTD

It seems all we train is counterattacks, we looks clueless. Very poor tacticts from Ole, he won’t make it until the end of the season.

Shark

@NotShark
According to Rashford a few weeks ago, everything is ''back to normal'' at United. And he's fully right, we are still mismanaged, miscoached and still have a heap of brainless players that don't know their head from their toe. This is Manchester United now.

AshRK

Said the other day lingard and james should not play together. Both lack technical ability.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Just look as bad as we did this time last year when we played Brighton? Or was it Spurs? Gone are the days when football was entertainment.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
You look at Lampard and even with a team as shite as the one he has, he still managed to make Chelsea play somewhat attractive football. I hope Woodward has pochettino as a contingency plan in case Ole fails. United fans deserve beautiful football. Football that will make us exciting to watch.

Castia

It’s the old style of not knowing what to do so play it wide.

The wide man then doesn’t know what to do so he passes it backwards

Rinse and repeat, it’s been happening for years.

dove

You look at Lampard and even with a team as shite as the one he has, he still managed to make Chelsea play somewhat attractive football. I hope Woodward has pochettino as a contingency plan in case Ole fails. United fans deserve beautiful football. Football that will make us exciting to watch.
Woodward has no plans, giving Ole permanent job in March just proved it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s the old style of not knowing what to do so play it wide.

The wide man then doesn’t know what to do so he passes it backwards

Rinse and repeat, it’s been happening for years.
Yup. 6 years, no fix.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
This half has been hugely worrisome. I'm not seeing any fluidity, cohesion or identity in our football. Even Lampards imprint on Chelsea is more evident. I've been in the wait and watch camp with Ole and feel every manager deserves time, but more than mere results, it's the football and progress in your football that makes you successful. And today we look as listless as ever.
We look as clueless in possession under him as with van Gaal and Mourinho. There is no rhythm or tempo to our play, he's built a good counter attacking side which can be devastating when afforded space but 90% of the PL just park the bus versus us and there's no gameplan to counter that. It doesn't help that him/board thought our midfield/attack needed no more injection of quality after James in the summer. Gonna be a long season.

Bestie07

Lingard would be the end of him. The board won't be as patient with him as they were with Mourinho either.

We're playing against a team that is sitting back and allowing us to have the ball. What is the point of playing players like James and Lingard in this game? This line-up is more suited to away games where we expect spaces to be available for our attackers to run into and Lingard should not be playing even then.

passing-wind

People need to see that this is a tactical frailty the shape is cutting out the narrowness we have through the midfield but Palace have condensed the wide areas.

Solskjaer has no blueprint to breaking down a packed defence, Jose warned us in his post match analysis against Chelsea and what he's saying is true. Ole has done alot of good things but not enough to address how useful the team is in possession. Liverpool can play good counter attacking football for example but it sits on a foundation of being coached movement WHILE in possession. It's two points of play A and play B. Currently we have a plan A and no alternatives. City have a plan A but the strength of it is enough to carry them through any opposition.

It's very concerning that the coaching staff and general management haven't come up with any implementation to break defences they've had half a year and full pre season to plan the methodology into the players.

Idxomer

He's not really a coach which is the 1st problem, the 2nd one is he can't manage the games either. So, we at a point when we have a manager which we don't really know what's his job supposed to be and what exactly is he doi g. It would be kind of hilarious really if we weren't emotionally involved in the whole thing.

::sonny::

Not that they're helped by how slowly we're getting them the ball.

This has been a Van Gaal performance so far.
Like watching a game under Van Gaal

I counted more than 100 backyard passing

This squad is probably the worst since 1985

So OGS future is written, no way he can keep this job for long

But he has zero responsibility, this is sure

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
You almost went a whole post without mentioning him then, progress I guess.

Bojan11

LVG part 2

How many saves have keepers made against us in past three games? Only can think of a penalty.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Lingard would be the end of him. The board won't be as patient with him as they were with Mourinho either.

We're playing against a team that is sitting back and allowing us to have the ball. What is the point of playing players like James and Lingard in this game? This line-up is more suited to away games where we expect spaces to be available for our attackers to run into and Lingard should not be playing even then.
Nah, Ole will be the end of Ole. We had an entire summer to fix our issues. We just about managed to maybe solve one. Adding a crap 21 year old championship winger to sort out of creative issues is criminal.

Josep Dowling

No matter which manager we get in the football never changes. The turnover of players simply isn’t quick enough. That front 4 is absolutely terrible.

I can’t believe the club has taken the decision to rely on a Championship winger, a player who has had no assists and no goals since Christmas and two strikers who barely make double figures as their starting option.

Bought no RW yet again, this is the 5th season we haven’t had one now. This all falls back on Woodward and the Glazers once again.

Jacob

To be honest, I don't think this is how Ole wants to play in possession. He should take the blame for zombie passing however.

Bojan11

Doesn't help he's made average players like Lingard and Rashford comfortable.

dove

Nah, Ole will be the end of Ole. We had an entire summer to fix our issues. We just about managed to maybe solve one. Adding a crap 21 year old championship winger to sort out of creative issues is criminal.
I think what's more criminal is fielding a clearly counter attacking team against CP at home even though everyone knew Palace were going to play 11 men behind the ball. It's just plain stupid but we seen it countless times with Ole in charge now. He clearly doesn't learn.

Gazza

Definitely. There has been very little evolution in our playing style from what I’ve seen this season so far. Big concern.

RightSaidFredTheRed

Disappointed with how we have gone about this. Palace just setup to defend.

James is pointless in a game where Palace won't throw more than 2 or 3 players forward. He lacks skill. Greenwood should have started ahead of him.

Same principle with Lingard. Pointless in this game. Gomes could have unlocked the opportunities. Frustrating he is not even getting on the bench.

Mata might be able to help out, but i think Gomes is quicker at opening up chances.

If Ole waits till 80th+ minute to bring on Greenwood I'll be very frustrated. And Mata should be considered in the next 10 minutes.

Lindelof has looked shite, should also consider giving Tuanzebe a run out.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Seems that we needed Sancho-Dembélé, Dybala and/or Rakitic-Eriksen this summer.

Same players than nailed Chelsea two weeks ago are playing like scared Championship weasels today...against Palace! At OT!

Ole is the problem? With this lot, even Pep would struggle to finish 4th-6th.

dove

Seems that we needed Sancho-Dembélé, Dybala and/or Rakitic-Eriksen this summer.

Same players than nailed Chelsea two weeks ago are playing like scared Championship weasels today...against Palace! At OT!

Ole is the problem? With this lot, even Pep would struggle to finish 4th-6th.
Yes, Ole is a big part of the problem or you think he is blameless here? Today's team selection is shite, we clearly focus only on counter attacking and when teams defend with a lot of men like Palace do, we are fecked. We create nothing and haven't improved since Ole took over, it's like 8 months now.

Idxomer

Sack him. He's even more out of his depth than Moyes which I thought wasn't really possible till few months ago.

RORY65

I think what's more criminal is fielding a clearly counter attacking team against CP at home even though everyone knew Palace were going to play 11 men behind the ball. It's just plain stupid but we seen it countless times with Ole in charge now. He clearly doesn't learn.
Apart from Mata, who I don't think many of us were pleading to start, we don't have many options to make us a team that are better and more creative in possession. We have full backs who are better at defending and winning the ball back than using the ball, very limited midfield options and then attackers who are all quick.

The recruitment this summer and the team we already had means that this is going to be a counter attacking team and a team that struggles when forced to take the initiative. Solskjaer can be blamed for the fact that we never seemed that desperate to get in a creative midfielder and for not seeming to be a particularly good coach at working on these issues but given the players we have I'm not sure we can pick a team that's going to be suited to anything other than counter attacking.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Still the whole half of our 3rd game of the season... I swear some of you look like you're just waiting for things to go south.

SaintMuppet

It’s sad to say but he looks pretty clueless a lot of the time. Rabbit in the headlights springs to mind.

Gotta back him now though, no other choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.