Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
22 shots to 5. Centre back that can't head a ball, keeper that can't make basic saves and a penalty missed. It's the manager's fault.
It was a poor team performance. A manager is always responsible for his team's performance.

Rafaeldagold

We have a sub par manager with no experience, no trophies & no prestige.

What do you all expect? Of course we’ll get average results too but no one seems to care as Ole was a great player for us.

Un4givableB

No opposition premiership manager fears he's going to be outcoached by OGS it's like managing against the owner's idiot son, the only danger they fear is that one of our talented players does something special.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How many shots were on target or those shots were from clear cut goal scoring chances.

To be frank we had two chances in the whole game. First when Martial was fouled and not given a penalty and the second was James goal.

The reason why we lost is because yet again OGS played the wrong team and the tactics was shit. It was clear Crystal Palace is going to surrender possessions and we did feck all with it.

Playing Lingard really hurt us and then replacing Mara with McTominay was even more stupid.

Missing a penalty is part of the game. The issue is we had not made enough clear cut chances to win the game let alone draw it.

OGS is at fault and rightly should be blamed.
Exactly- how many saves were made by their GK. He is clueless

edgecutter

Hopefully Ole become more ruthless. A lot of the players today need benching and that includes De Gea

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Everything that could have gone wrong today pretty much did. From injuries, to VAR that doesn't believe giving a yellow card to someone for being kicked in the knee is a clear and obvious error, to De Gea's brainfart at the end. I'm not going to blame that on Ole. I still believe in him. However, the players really do need more management. Its clear that they're playing within themselves, being very shy to express themselves and the manager has to coach that belief into them. Maybe with time it'll happen?

humdinger

It would be crazy to sack him now. If the board weren’t happy to it him they should have pulled the trigger at the end of last season.

Now they need to back him.

dove

22 shots to 5. Centre back that can't head a ball, keeper that can't make basic saves and a penalty missed. It's the manager's fault.
3 shots on target to 3. Most of our attempts were laughable, either freekicks or just desperate shots. We had 0 creativity and pretty much 0 real chances to score.

El Zoido

Let’s say we sack him and bring a new manager in. Then what? Because I can tell you now, we’re not going to back any manager to the level that’s needed. Moyes didn’t get backed, LVG didn’t get backed, Jose didn’t get backed, and now Ole isn’t either. And you can point and Jose spending x amount or whatever, but when he identified a defender needed, the club said no. Anyone who thinks a new manager can come in a get a tune out of these players is living in cloud cuckoo land. History will repeat itself until we back a manager to the level required.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Arsenal have a better team than we do now, you’re overrating Rashford and Martial.
Their attack and midfield are easily better than ours.
Maybe they are good because of their manager? Not dig at Ole, just saying that i like also how Arsenal is playing under Emery and it is not that he has that much better players. Willock-Xhaka- Guendouzi isn't something special. Same goes for Milner-Henderson- Fabinho. But Emery and Klopp made them good as a unit.

amolbhatia50k

Let’s say we sack him and bring a new manager in. Then what? Because I can tell you now, we’re not going to back any manager to the level that’s needed. Moyes didn’t get backed, LVG didn’t get backed, Jose didn’t get backed, and now Ole isn’t either. And you can point and Jose spending x amount or whatever, but when he identified a defender needed, the club said no. Anyone who thinks a new manager can come in a get a tune out of these players is living in cloud cuckoo land. History will repeat itself until we back a manager to the level required.
How did LVG not get backed?

amolbhatia50k

Maybe they are good because of their manager? Not dig at Ole, just saying that i like also how Arsenal is playing under Emery and it is not that he has that much better players. Willock-Xhaka- Guendouzi isn't something special. Same goes for Milner-Henderson- Fabinho. But Emery and Klopp made them good as a unit.
That's true.

Ace of Spades

The problem is teams don't have to outplay us. With a bit of defensive organisation and a little quality in attack, we're vulnerable as feck.
There was not any quality in attack, it was a ball over the top which Lindelof fecked up, and then DDG somehow failed to save a shot that was pretty much aimed at him. Two dumb mistakes, and the DDG one is one that he made a fair few of last season. Let us hope that he does not continue last year's form.

bondsname

Ole doesn't have that aura around him that screams greatness. When you look at Pep for example, you see a man who knows what he is doing. When you look at Klopp, you see directly how that man manages to motivate his team to run through walls for him every single game. The same thing goes for SAF, I wouldn't dare to not give him my all if I glanced at the bench and saw him clinching his fists.

When I look at Ole I see a clueless man. He doesn't seem like a leader to me.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It came from mistakes though. Palace's entire gameplan was to play for a draw, and until the goal they were barely getting out of their half. Our squad is currently filled with talented but untested young players, and older, experienced players that are shit. There will be problems like today till we get our squad sorted.
Agreed. Pogba, Maguire, DDG will hopefully be able to lead the way but we will definitely see the results and preformances fluctuate.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Ha, LvG wasn’t backed, good one.
He was over backed if anything, the man sold decent players for nothing and spent millions upon millions on absolute dross, his transfer record for us is horrendous.

buckooo1978

back him obviously

in the background sound out Poch

this is on the assumption we continue to be so flaky all over the pitch and in spite of our lack of signings

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How much exactly Chelsea spent this year ?
Lampard has them playing a cohesive football than us. They will finish above us 100%.

How much did Klopp spent when he took over ? If your manager is good enough, you implement a playing style and then bring the right players in.

Greck

Our gameplan still relies on moments of individual brilliance. Our ball circulation is entirely improvised.

RedDevilRoshi

Sacking him is just going to solve nothing. In fact, it’s just going to push us back even further. We’ve sacked and hired managers before. What difference is doing this all over again going to achieve? Glazers & Woodward are the problem. Even Pep Guardiola would struggle to work under this set up.

Alabaster Codify7

At full-time, the camera panned to Ole and he was walking around the pitch smiling pleasantly and shaking hands with the Palace players. After seeing his team get turned over embarrassingly in front of home fans. SAF and even Mourinho would have been down the tunnel with a face like thunder, embarrassed to even be seen on camera after that, anxious to rip into the individual errors and performances that caused such a defeat.

However, not Ole. Because Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is simply happy to be here.

He sets up a team with one plan and one plan only. To counter-attack. How can he shout at the players when is unable to offer them suggestions for a Plan B? He can't. He knows he's out of his depth and that his players know this, too. It's David Moyes v2.0

1) Why is Ole allowing 'Rashy' to have free reign of free-kicks when he is abysmal at taking them?
2) Why is Ole continuing to play 'JLingz' in every single game despite Lingard not contributing to goals in any way since December?
3) Why is Ole seemingly unable to adapt during a game?

He seems to be content to be best buddies with certain players and hope that things fall into place. He is showing no ability to adapt or think on his feet when things are going against us.

Look, the Glazers and Woodward are scum for appointing a low maintenance manager and selling him down the river in the summer window.

But this isn't the Glazers thread, it's not Woodward's thread.

This is 'Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Permanent Manager'.

And Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is going to be gone by Christmas.

amolbhatia50k

Our gameplan still relies on moments of individual brilliance. Our ball circulation is entirely improvised.
Yup. Top class teams work like clockwork. They all know what to do a few seconds before. With us players take a touch, ponder and then take a call. What's the need for coaching with that approach?

Rafaeldagold

He needs to go & should’ve gone end of last season but he got a free pass (which Jose/LVG never would have had with results end of last season) and here we are.

We brought in on ourselves so here’s to another average season with an average manager & average players

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Spent the whole summer chasing defenders, spent 130m on two defenders, and 20m on attacker. The defence is still leaking goals, and attack is still as limp as 70 y.o. dick.

Greck

Yup. Top class teams work like clockwork. They all know what to do a few seconds before. With us players take a touch, ponder and then take a call. What's the need for coaching with that approach?
Yes it's tactically crude. I wonder if people think Liverpool, City and Spurs play the way they do just because the players are good. There has to be an underlying system

If we had a system and it was being bogged down by technically poor players like Lingard I would have more sympathy and patience for the manager but we don't have one.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What happened to Redcafes famous cliche of "the buck stops with the manager"? Used to get sung here all the time for 6 years.
According to the pre match predictions on here around 95% thought we'd win. They didn't think we wouldn't win because of the manager. Maybe these players are overrated on here?

Champagne Football

I thought we looked awesome in our first 2 games against Chelsea and Wolves. We should have been 2 or 3 up away to Wolves before they came back.

We will be garbage until we have a solid box to box midfielder to partner Pogba and Scott. I can undersrand Ed and Ole wanting to see if one of Fred/Andreas/Lingard can step up to that role, but expect big bids for McGinn or Longstaff in January.

De Gea looks like hes under strict orders from Jorge Mendes, to play crap until Utd panic and pay him the astronomical amounts he thinks he's worth.

vanderpants

Ole is not the right man BUT Woodward and the glazers are at fault and need to go. Our club is in a mess and only getting worse ...... laughing stock springs to mind

Ace of Spades

Agreed. Pogba, Maguire, DDG will hopefully be able to lead the way but we will definitely see the results and preformances fluctuate.
It would not be as bad if we had another creative outlet. The fact that our options for a no.10 are Lingard and Mata is a big problem. Too much pressure on Pogba to create chances for the team, it is the reason he dwells on the ball a bit too long as his partners are happy to pass it backwards and sideways. Hopefully, we get a no.10 in the next window. It would help a lot in our attacking game.

el3mel

I'm pretty sure he won't be here next season, whatever he leaves in December or May.

I'm also pretty sure nothing is going to improve re United as long as Woodward is in charge of managers appointing and transfers signing.

Melville Red

Oh dear, after the great start we had in beating Chelsea 4-0 it appears reality has set in.

Still I’m confident we will finish 4th or better.

4th from bottom or maybe with luck even half way.

Lee565

Should have got conte when he was available last january, when you look at the squad we had he was tailor made for it as the formation that would give us the most balance is 3 at the back like Conte favours and we had players like matic, pogba and lukaku which two of performed well under him whilst the other was also highly thought of by him, but again that would make too much sense for a club who's footballing matters is run by a complete moron and decided to put in place a manager that couldn't even cope in the championship and it's not like the football played under Solskjear is any good either if the argument against conte is that his football is not the "United way".

Status
Not open for further replies.