g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
We’ve not played terribly in general tbf, but as usual certain individuals feck things up and our little bit of quality gets snuffed out. My early worries about Ole, are he’s already picking his favorites at a cost to the team. If he’s to succeed here he needs to scrap the majority of this lineup, or else we might as well pack it in. Most of this lot have failed the club since SAF’s retirement, time to start a new.

arthurka

His tactis for this match have been spot on, but we are being let down by the usual defensive lapse and the usual suspects..

DownRiver

Ole can play his best team and best tactics and can still mean nothing if his players are shit or Messi is playing.

Eriku

Ole can play his best team and best tactics and can still mean nothing if his players are shit or Messi is playing.
That goes for a lot of teams.

As for Young, Dalot hasn’t inspired confidence defensively, so I can see why he’s stuck with him. Getting to the point where it’s getting indefensible, though.

Irwin99

Probably doesn’t trust Martial enough to track back. Really hope we sign a good full back in the summer.

dove

Not the worst half but it's on him and the management that Young is still pretty much a first name on the teamsheet. He always talks how he trusts youngsters but at the same time we don't trust someone like Dalot playing as RB. Disappointing.

Meller

His tactis for this match have been spot on, but we are being let down by the usual defensive lapse and the usual suspects..
Don't agree, we were awful in the first 15 and basically let them score. They had about 85% possession to start the game. Since then it's been good I agree.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
We’re playing 3 at the back with wing backs, there aren’t any other options unfortunately

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
For the last month or so, I can't see any difference from how we played under Mourinho. We still park the bus and are scared of the better sides.

We're still a very negative team. It's just Ole knows how to say the right things instead.

I hope I'm wrong but I dont know, something just feels off with Ole & the coaching team. Not looking forward to next season at all atm.

Last edited:

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He’s just been watching and pointing at the game and yet young and rashford are still on the pitch. I have no idea what he’s watching. Clueless.

Kapardin

Many things could have been better, but this is a performance with way more stuff in it than the Sevilla games, it must be admitted. Credit atleast for not embarrassing us as Jose did.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well done to him for getting us to at least be competitive here, but those subs... How did Young stay on?!

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If Rashford, Young and Lingard are considered starters for us next season, it will be more of the same.

Skills

Snitch
It's usually not a good sign when your managers personal biases/favouritism cloud what's happening on the pitch

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Shit formation, shit tactics and shit subs. This Barca are nowhere as good as the earlier teams we played and yet it was routine win for them. We huffed and puffed a lot without creating anything.

Also, that makes it 4 losses in last 5. Still baffled as to why the board felt an urgency to hand him the job before the season was out.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
The most ridiculous decision (when we didn’t need to make a decision) since Saf left? I would absolutely say so. Garbage.

SuperiorXI

Shit formation, shit tactics and shit subs. This Barca are nowhere as good as the earlier teams we played and yet it was routine win for them. We huffed and puffed a lot without creating anything.

Also, that makes it 4 losses in last 5. Still baffled as to why the board felt an urgency to hand him the job before the season was out.
Ok what would you have done differently?

Mister_Stubbs

Not a single shot on target, at home.. pathetic. Another defeat to add to the list since he got the job on a perm. I’m so glad he hired him when we did.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Think Ole was guilty of trying to be too clever tonight. Leaving Young on all game was baffling.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
How can you leave young on? He has his pets, that's for sure.

ManRed

His tactics are quite good.. His subs are poor either too late or damage the rhytm of the game.

The_Bloods

I can't believe this place.

We've had the better of the game against Barca, had some awful reffing decisions against us and are still very much in the tie, with a manager who was handed the impossible task in December and hasn't had any real time to work on fitness and his plan with the team. Sadly our luck has just run out when we needed it with us - we are in that rut of playing well, but losing games - a really bad place to be, but I'm sure we'll dig ourselves out of it.

To be giving Ole grief about this is hugely unfair. We can still go through.

Hate to say it but he's been poor the last few games, culminating in this. We were set up all wrong to begin with tonight and then the subs :houllier:

Is he not comfortable in his position yet and scared of taking the dressing room favourites off?

Status
Not open for further replies.