Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyone using tonight’s defeat as barometer is a moron.

There’s a clear gulf in class there between the two sides. Give him time and judge him in 18 months or so.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
You’ve got to blame the club again, really.

Mourinho was doing fine (but not great) and handed a contract extension in the middle of the season and it was awful from that point on.

Solskjaer was doing fine as caretaker and handed a permanent contract and it’s been pretty awful from that point on so far.

Paul_Scholes18

What's that? 4 losses in 5 games. Bang average football continues. God knows what the problem is. 0 shots on target in a home leg.
We actually created lots of chances in two of those games. We seem to not be clinical at all anymore though. It is like that win over PSG removed all our confidence for some reason. It is totally insane though since you think it should be the other way around.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I feel really sorry for any manager Who gets employed at this club.

The fanbase is starting to look a lot like the spoiled lot of real Madrid.

Not giving the manager a summer window, pre season and a possibility to put his stamp on the team before the pitchforks are out.

And people comparing this to mourinho? Enough Said there tbh.
Well said. G Neville said this week that the fans would never turn on Ole. This forum certainly will. Some already are. Its madness.

Rewind back to December and the 'what does he need to do to be considered' chat. He has pretty much achieved all of it

AJ10

Under Jose we'd have had little possession,hoofed the ball, had no shots on target, and then put in some effort when we went a goal behind. So much like tonight
-Well if you're expecting to have more of the ball vs Barca then you need to see a doctor, i think its more serious than you being a gold fish.
-We played more on the floor in this game than we did under jose in big games, which is a improvement but you're seriously expecting us to pass like Barca after 3 months and with these players who cannot control a ball? There's lots to improve but defo better than jose but don't expect you to see that, since you think its the same as jose.
-We had no shots under jose because of how negetive we were not due to lack of quality, tonight we lacked quality but we weren't negative like under jose.
- Yes, how dare we not go crazy attack vs this barca team with our defence.

Litch

Ole will have and deserves a free hit but there's been a significant drop off in the performances and we look like the confidence has been sucked right out of us again. The high tempo attacking football has disappeared for now and whilst we had nothing to play for created a freedom to our game, now we have everything to play for, players have reverted to type. Lots of unanswered questions I thought we answered with Ole's appointment and I'm worried as to whether what we seen previously was just a new manager bounce?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Well said. G Neville said this week that the fans would never turn on Ole. This forum certainly will. Some already are. Its madness.

Rewind back to December and the 'what does he need to do to be considered' chat. He has pretty much achieved all of it
And that is?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, there’s been threads galore about “falling out of love” with the club in the post Fergie era. Dunno about that but it’s sure as hell making me fall out of love with a big chunk of our fanbase.

Iowred

The general consensus since SAF is the manager is shit, uses wrong tactics etc. People need to realise that this is not OGS’s team and there is only so much he can do. SAF last words as our manager was to back the manager and that is something from the fans to the board that just has not happened.

I have faith that OGS will get it right when he is given the opportunity to address the positions that need improving.

Stop be negative and ‘back the manager & team’

arnie_ni

I like the 3 at the back especially with shaw at left cb, we just dont have the wingbacks for it. If we had better players there i think that formation would work well.

Its actually the formation i want long term but in a slightly more attacking formation. 3 4 3 with no wingbacks, but wide attacking players.

Djemba-Djemba

Ole inherited this team. It's not his. Look at how much Klopp and Guardiola struggled at first at Liverpool and City.

fecking hell, at least give him a pre-season and a chance to get in some of his own players before turning on him.

SuperiorXI

Stop being deliberately obtuse. Ole could've put Dalot as RB and subbed Young off for Lingard. He fecked up by starting Young in first instance, it's not difficult to comprehend. I also listed the mistakes which he made with regards to tactics, formation and personnel but all that flew over your heard.

Keep on pretending all is merry with the manager, it won't be long when things are going to be bleeding obvious for likes of you. He's playing shitty football for a while now and is being rightly called out for it. Can't be having one yardstick for 1 manager and different for another.

Hear hear @SuperiorXI
Dalot started the match and Lingard was brought on later on and we got worse!

Simple question, is the problem with the manager or the players, for you? If it's the manager I do wonder who in the World we could bring in to satisfy the likes of you.

Ban

Shaw as a 3rd CB for the first time ever and Dalot as a left wing-back for the first in his career(doubt either ever happened before)?

Seemed illogical and Shaw was to blame for the goal.
Yeah but all in all it was a decent game, not a mauling most were expecting and we were better in parts. Of course Barca took the leg of the pedal a bit after they scored but we still pushed and attacked. Our attacking play left a lot to be desired. I'm just shocked to see so many questioning Ole. Of course he should have done some things different but generally it was good. He needs a preseason, new players but pitchforks are already out. Mental.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Please Ole, never play Young again, he's absolutely bloody useless, he has no future here, play Dalot to give him some experience.

Unfortunately I feel Ole is trying to play it safe with having Young at right back, but it's going to backfire in him.

beedoubleyou

After coming on here after just watching the game, I'm absolutely shocked by any negative comments. Shocked!

Are you watching the United who sacked their manager mid-season when fourth place was lost?

Some of you guilty of red-top fans, innit?

LoCalXT

Lool some of you are delusional.
I will take what Ole is serving over anything Mourinho has to offer. Give it time, let him go through one summer transfer before doubting him.
Its amazing how easy some of you forget the dark days.. At least we are attempting to play football now under Ole.

minoo-utd

Board acted like they don't want headache and don't want to think about it too much.

Ole has to stop playing Rashford.
He had to take Young off.
Lingard should have never been involved.
Lukaku should have stayed.
We should have attacked with three at least for all the second half.

Sorry but I feel we have another manager who won't be brave enough to go for every game right from the start as we want to.

beedoubleyou

Please Ole, never play Young again, he's absolutely bloody useless, he has no future here, play Dalot to give him some experience.

Unfortunately I feel Ole is trying to play it safe with having Young at right back, but it's going to backfire in him.
He literally started Dalot.

PoTMS

Naïve - and he's not learning from his mistakes. Why play Shaw as centre back when he's never done that before? Why play Young when he's been our most error prone player the last few months? Why take Lukaku off and persist with Rashford who is just coming back from injury and is woefully out of form?

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
Time's up for him?
I'd rather see it be time up for some of the pathetic folks on this forum. I am not talking about you here, btw.

Redcafe: "Mou is right, these players are not good enough to win the PL.
Redcafe: "Ole is not the right man.. why? Because the players that earlier wasnt good enough to complete with Everton should suddently be expected to run over Barcelona"

Jesus.

Eddy_JukeZ

Yeah but all in all it was a decent game, not a mauling most were expecting and we were better in parts. Of course Barca took the leg of the pedal a bit after they scored but we still pushed and attacked. Our attacking play left a lot to be desired. I'm just shocked to see so many questioning Ole. Of course he should have done some things different but generally it was good. He needs a preseason, new players but pitchforks are already out. Mental.
I'll give him the pre-season.

I never said I wanted him out now.

But he's got a lot to prove.

AJ10

So instead of putting 2 passes together we managed to go up to 5 passes, still had 0 shots on target and have some fans tell us "it wasnt that bad"
Geez the mediocrity rot has well and truly set in. This is exactly how it must have happened for Pool and then Arsenal. I guess we are next
Compared to jose this was better (not saying this is the level we need to be but certainly better than before) and people on here are expecting us to play like city under 3 months with these players who cannot control a ball than I feel for them, it must be hard to be as delusional as them.

Your last part just shows how naive you are, saying this was better than under jose means i am letting mediocrity set in? wtf.

Ban

I'd rather see it be time up for some of the pathetic folks on this forum. I am not talking about you here, btw.

Redcafe: "Mou is right, these players are not good enough to win the PL.
Redcafe: "Ole is not the right man.. why? Because the players that earlier wasnt good enough to complete with Everton should suddently be expected to run over Barcelona"

Jesus.
In a nutshell.

Rajma

The amount of fake people looming on this forum is just something else. Why someone cant say, that we were set as cowards from first minute, improved after they scored and then with a hindsight say how sub could be better, last part of the game we were way off. Why someone cant say that him playing fecking Young is on him or certain players getting extension etc. Why? Because he is at fecking wheel or what!?

On top of that, those people being called out as non supportive, making out how they called for his head and similar bullshit. This idolizing nonsense getting old. You think you showing more support by being deluded then those who point as certain aspects they have issue with? Cheek of people laughing at those clowns on RAWK.
I wanted Ole but I agree with the first paragraph, he got it horribly wrong in terms of tactics imo. Play 4-3-3 without Young, this way Barca would have so many more problems keeping the ball in the manner way did and starting with a bus at OT has never worked for us.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yeah, there’s been threads galore about “falling out of love” with the club in the post Fergie era. Dunno about that but it’s sure as hell making me fall out of love with a big chunk of our fanbase.
I think Ole and the team around him have shown enormous promise. I'm pretty excited to see what these guys do in the market this summer

Trondivan

The amount of fake people looming on this forum is just something else. Why someone cant say, that we were set as cowards from first minute, improved after they scored and then with a hindsight say how sub could be better, last part of the game we were way off. Why someone cant say that him playing fecking Young is on him or certain players getting extension etc. Why? Because he is at fecking wheel or what!?

On top of that, those people being called out as non supportive, making out how they called for his head and similar bullshit. This idolizing nonsense getting old. You think you showing more support by being deluded then those who point as certain aspects they have issue with? Cheek of people laughing at those clowns on RAWK.

Young is shit. Lets agree on this. But blaming Ole or the tactics is just plain wrong. Barca is stronger in evry position than us. You cant compare the brilliance of Messi and Suarez with Lukaku and Pogba.

Exept from Pogba and DDG no player in out squad would be let to train with Barcas a-team.

No manager can turn this pile of players in to a world class team. We need massive improvement in the summer. But - this is way better than the shit served under Mourinho.

Stay positive.

Prodigy24

Don't think he deserves all the criticism tonight. Yes, we started very cautiously, but then again, we were playing Barcelona, and looking at out team on paper, lots of people thought that we would get completely dominated.

Improved after the first 20 and unlucky not to create more chances, but when you have players unable to hit a cross to save their lives, that's all you're going to get.

Probably shouldn't have taken Lukaku off, but then again he wasn't that good either. You'd expect Lingard to make some decent runs and the 'future superstar' Martial to threaten Barca's defence, but they were just as poor. Not much he can do about that.

Needs some decent signings in the summer, and then we'll see how we'll go forward.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ole inherited this team. It's not his. Look at how much Klopp and Guardiola struggled at first at Liverpool and City.

fecking hell, at least give him a pre-season and a chance to get in some of his own players before turning on him.
He'll get a pre-season.

My worry is that our football mimics our off-field approach.

It's all just a scatter-gun approach with no clear concise structure in place.

There were signs of it in Ole's 1st few games(and our performance vs Cardiff was really excellent), but it's really tailed off since then.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Don't think he got the subs right today.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

:lol: Delete your account.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't get it. I really don't. Every our player gets criticsm for performances. And praise for good games. From De gea to Shaw. But Ole is excused? Why? When he makes bad substitution for example or lose 4 of 5 games in a row, what must i do to be true fan? Pretend that he didn't do that? Blame Mourinho? Or i must say; " Oh, it is our Ole"?

Ban

Board acted like they don't want headache and don't want to think about it too much.

Ole has to stop playing Rashford.
He had to take Young off.
Lingard should have never been involved.
Lukaku should have stayed.
We should have attacked with three at least for all the second half.

Sorry but I feel we have another manager who won't be brave enough to go for every game right from the start as we want to.
It's Barcelona, you expected us to go toe to toe with them from the start?

Djemba-Djemba

He'll get a pre-season.

My worry is that our football mimics our off-field approach.

It's all just a scatter-gun approach with no clear concise structure in place.

There were signs of it in Ole's 1st few games(and our performance vs Cardiff was really excellent), but it's really tailed off since then.
That may be true but it's not Ole's fault.

We just have to hope Ole implements change off the pitch.

And it was always going to tail off eventually. I reckon I would have managed us to beat Cardiff, the players were still buzzing from Mourinho being sacked I imagine.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
And that is?
Get past PSG and have us in the mix for top 4. Improve the mood around the club and play more attacking football. We've slipped very slightly on the latter in recent weeks but I dont hold him accountable for that. This is not the squad he will want for next season

Paul_Scholes18

What my biggest worry with Ole might be is if he can improve our attack. We seem to lack ideas to hurt team unless we can hit them on the counter. Barca didn't give much space away for most of the game so we needed something different to open them up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I don't get it. I really don't. Every our player gets criticsm for performances. And praise for good games. From De gea to Shaw. But Ole is excused? Why? When he makes bad substitution for example or lose 4 of 5 games in a row, what must i do to be true fan? Pretend that he didn't do that? Blame Mourinho? Or i must say; " Oh, it is our Ole"?
You could... I dunno... show him the same fecking patience any new manager deserves before he’s signed a single player?!?

Just a thought like...

Status
Not open for further replies.