Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Yeah, there’s been threads galore about “falling out of love” with the club in the post Fergie era. Dunno about that but it’s sure as hell making me fall out of love with a big chunk of our fanbase.
Well there’s two sets of fans. Ones blaming him solely for the result when the squad given to him is average.

The other praising our performances and going way over the top. Yeah because in a few years we’d be talking about this performance.

Both are over the top. At the end of the day I’d like to see Pep or any world class manager work with Lukaku, Lingard, Young and Rashford. The club need to back him. We have serious issues in attack. There’s nobody at the club in the wide areas who can put a decent cross in. Lukaku is flat footed in the box regardless on the few times the cross is actually decent and Rashford lacks any killer instinct in the box.

Cardozo

It’s half time in the tie for gods sake.

You don’t go for it in the last 5 minutes of the first leg at home. That’s plain stupid because if you concede you’re totally fecked.

Messi did nothing apart from a great cross that deflected in for a goal. Other than that it was comfortable.

We may get beat away again, but if we go for it like we did against PSG this tie is still for the taking.

People blame managers now for everything. He’s not responsible for 10 shots being off target tonight.

There’s so many instances where the players didn’t make the right decision. The team was fine.

Young’s not very good, but with Dalot up the pitch I’ve no idea who you’re planning on playing... plus the defence supported the attack and completely thwarted theirs. So they did a good job.

It’s not all fifa and winning 4-0. It’s still there to be won.

shahzy

Compared to jose this was better (not saying this is the level we need to be but certainly better than before) and people on here are expecting us to play like city under 3 months with these players who cannot control a ball than I feel for them, it must be hard to be as delusional as them.

Your last part just shows how naive you are, saying this was better than under jose means i am letting mediocrity set in? wtf.
Yes you're 100% correct, its all got to do with my Naivety. Sorry i should have been more clear. The last part wasn't directed at you but a general feeling amongst the posts on here. Lots of people on the threads claiming "it wasnt that bad" basically. Trying to palm off a 0-1 loss at home as not bad. A win 1-0 at home is not bad, a 0-1 loss at home where you had 0 shots on target isn't not bad, its a bad result.

Litch

Big summer for Ole and the quality of who he keeps and who comes in will speak volumes about his future here. When you reflect on it, this is Roy of the Rovers stuff if he succeeds here from where he's come from.

SuperiorXI

Lool some of you are delusional.
I will take what Ole is serving over anything Mourinho has to offer. Give it time, let him go through one summer transfer before doubting him.
Its amazing how easy some of you forget the dark days.. At least we are attempting to play football now under Ole.
I thought we'd lost all the fanatic glory hunters through the moyes years.... there are still some left!

We have no right to be talking nothing about this game. Most people said we'd get twatted, but we're still in it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You could... I dunno... show him the same fecking patience any new manager deserves before he’s signed a single player?!?

Just a thought like...
Get off your high-horse and stop posting such sanctimonious rubbish.

People are entitled to feel passionately about the club making yet another blatantly obviously ridiculous decision.

Oppo fans were delighted when we employed Moyes, oppo fans are delighted that we've given a fecking Molde manager who relegated Cardiff a permanent contract.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Tonight's given me renewed faith after a crap month of performances/results

R'hllor

Saying how Young being in starting XI is on him is not a sign of lack of patience nor it means that somebody wants his head, actually what the feck.

deafepl

He'll get a pre-season.

My worry is that our football mimics our off-field approach.

It's all just a scatter-gun approach with no clear concise structure in place.

There were signs of it in Ole's 1st few games(and our performance vs Cardiff was really excellent), but it's really tailed off since then.
If anything, our pressing need improvement, just feel sick watching Barcelona toying with us on balls, passing around back with few minutes left and has no intention to attack. Wolves did the same thing, so do PSG.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
OK let’s take Jose Back!!

Look seriously, We have someone that ‘gets’ the club, gets the ethos, gets the tradition, gets the importance of youth, gets the structure and respects the history.

I’m sure Ole is fully aware he needs additions in the summer so let’s see what the summer brings.
Nobody wants Jose back mate.

I want what’s best for Manchester United. Let’s hope that Ole is just that.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Get off your high-horse and stop posting such sanctimonious rubbish.

People are entitled to feel passionately about the club making yet another blatantly obviously ridiculous decision.

Oppo fans were delighted when we employed Moyes, oppo fans are delighted that we've given a fecking Molde manager who relegated Cardiff a permanent contract.
I literally could not give less of a bollox about what opposition fans think. I am depressed, however, by our own fans. Bunch of whinging, spoilt, impatient children. Oh well. My ignore list gets longer by the day...

Ban

I wonder how many of those jumping on his head expected us to get destroyed. A lot I think.

Jacob

Maybe some of you haven't noticed but we can barely field a full XI excluding young academy players. When you say player A and B shouldn't play, who else then!?

Ban

I literally could not give less of a bollox about what opposition fans think. I am depressed, however, by our own fans. Bunch of whinging, spoilt, impatient children. Oh well. My ignore list gets longer by the day...
It took 4 months for this place to start getting back to Jose days. Not quite yet there but it's gonna be soon. :D

Stepney73

Lool some of you are delusional.
I will take what Ole is serving over anything Mourinho has to offer. Give it time, let him go through one summer transfer before doubting him.
Its amazing how easy some of you forget the dark days.. At least we are attempting to play football now under Ole.
PlayStation generation dickheads who know nothing about football.

How any so called Utd fan can criticise any manager who has took us so far forward in 3 months.(I was at the city away in 1989 when we lost 5-1 to and fans had just staring to call for the managers head after 3 years)

Djemba-Djemba

It's actually shocked me how quickly people have started slagging Ole off.

Real Madrid fans are more patient than this for feck sake.

Castia

The first few games were completely different to how we play and set up which is really annoying.

We had a brilliant counter attack with Lingard, Rashford and Martial and was picking teams off with ease whilst our full backs were bombing forward and midfielders were pressing....

Shame to say the last 5-6 games have been nothing alike. It's not even the same system or shape in the slightest.

I'm not slagging off Ole but the change is there no doubt about it, the slump is starting to creep back in.

el3mel

Even if he has his problems, no one can convince me any manager we'll sign will turn shite to gold. People just need to admit our squad is pretty poor and very overrated, and most of them are past coaching.

Transfers will determine the outcome of next season. If we sign only 1 or 2 players, it'll be another scrapping 4th spot season.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I could - because ultimately, their reactions are more revealing. It was a stupid decision to employ Moyes, and this is also a really, really stupid decision imo.

You were the guy who was always calling out the previous 'false dawns', I remember. Don't say you can't see through this one also.

We all know why the Glazers rushed to get OGS signed up - and it's feck all to do with football (as usual from them).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Get past PSG and have us in the mix for top 4. Improve the mood around the club and play more attacking football. We've slipped very slightly on the latter in recent weeks but I dont hold him accountable for that. This is not the squad he will want for next season
He gave new contracts to Jones and Young. He said that he sees Rashford as first choice striker. He speaks very highly about Lingard. So this is pretty much the squad which he wants( plus 2 or 3 signings of course). But ok, we shall see how our squad will look like and play next season. I will be delighted if i am wrong in this. In fact, i will make a thread where i am saying how stupid and wrong i was.:)

Cliche Guevara

Can we give it a rest with the no shots on target pish?

Dalot should probably have scored and Rashford should at the very least have hit the target with his volley.

It’s not like we weren’t attacking and didn’t have anyone in the box.

That statistic is in absolutely no way reflective of our approach.

If Rashford had had a half-decent game tonight it could have been very different.

Sauldogba

Hes actually pretty clueless you know.
Well maybe not all the time but a lot of times.
Psg at home highlighted this for me.
Tonight again clueless.
Dalot at left wing.
Young at right back.
We need a goal so he takes off a striker and brings on a Midfielder.
Pogba playing extremely deep.

FujiVice

This forum doesnt represent the Man United fanbase. A few are on the wind up, it seems. Ole's done a brilliant job so far, and that's with a bad luck of injuries. I'm guess there's a lot of "what have you done for me lately" fans.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ole inherited this team. It's not his. Look at how much Klopp and Guardiola struggled at first at Liverpool and City.

fecking hell, at least give him a pre-season and a chance to get in some of his own players before turning on him.
You know what, that is exactly what I'm waiting for. At the minute, I have a bad feeling about him & i am not looking forward to next season but, I'm waiting to see what he does in pre-season before i know 100% whether he's up to it.

On one hand, he may be forced into playing this way because it's not his team, doesn't want to upset players whilst he still needs them etc. Or he may be a bluffer who the Glazers have put there who would be happy to toe the party line.

One things for sure, bar the first few matches, the playing style has reverted right back to how it was under Mourinho which is not the going narrative atm.

El Jefe

Thought he set us up really well. Today showed limitations of player's ability and options off the bench rather than any limitations in Ole's tactics.

My only major concern is the favouritism towards Rashford. He always takes off another attacker first no matter how bad or wasteful Rashford is. Lukaku was also frustrating but he was holding up the ball quite well, once he went off our attack went from average to useless. It's as if Ole thinks he's got a 19 year old Michael Owen where in reality he has someone a lot closer to Jermain defoe ability.

NinjaFletch

He is defo more trusted but for me there is no way he is better than Dalot (who is far from the finished product) so therefore I'd prefer to give the experience to the kid and hopefully see him blossom. He might get it right or not but with Young there is no surprise, we know 100% in advance how he'll play.
We do, I agree, but that cuts both ways. You tend to know what you can expect from Young defensively whereas Dalot is a bit more of a wildcard. Thinking the risk outweighs the reward is hardly a baffling decisions — both in terms of the short term impact on the result and potential effects on his confidence.

Besides, I've genuinely thought he's handled the younger players well. He's given Rashford responsibility to lead the line (and he responded incredibly positively until he got injured), he's backed McTominay in two huge games and got performances from him, he's given Dalot games wherever he can and he's given Peirera chances wherever he can.

Not thinking Dalot is ready to face up against Barca as part of a back four is hardly a damning indictment on him.

Cliche Guevara

He gave new contracts to Jones and Young. He said that he sees Rashford as first choice striker. He speaks very highly about Lingard. So this is pretty much the squad which he wants( plus 2 or 3 signings of course). But ok, we shall see how our squad will look like and play next season. I will be delighted if i am wrong in this. In fact, i will make a thread where i am saying how stupid and wrong i was.:)
No, this is the squad he has. Do you expect him to say:

He’s a cnut, he’s a cnut, can’t wait to get rid of that cnut, he’s another cnut. Most of them are cnuts actually. Now go out and win lads!

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Dalot started the match and Lingard was brought on later on and we got worse!

Simple question, is the problem with the manager or the players, for you? If it's the manager I do wonder who in the World we could bring in to satisfy the likes of you.
:houllier:

You are actually strengthening my argument. Dalot started the match but in a position where he has never played for us (LWB), it was further compounded by Shaw playing LCB. Dalot is the best crosser in our squad and if he were to play at RB and got as much space as Young did tonight he would've put in more quality balls than Young did. Not only did Ole mess up with his selections, but with his subs as well.

My problem extends beyond just the players and the managers, we've been mis-managed very badly for past 6 years and it is showing. So many of our players simply do not belong here, manager is to be blamed for playing shitty football vs likes of Wolves and Watford. This is not restricted to playing vs better sides, we play like cowards vs mid-table dross as well. I thought under Ole it would be different (and it was for first few games) but we've reverted back to old form.

Least he could do now is to drop the players who are not performing when it is visible to our eyes, and muster enough courage to go on and dominate vs lesser sides. Beyond that, I want fans on here to acknowledge when their favorite player/manager make mistakes like they do in other instances.

I don't get it. I really don't. Every our player gets criticsm for performances. And praise for good games. From De gea to Shaw. But Ole is excused? Why? When he makes bad substitution for example or lose 4 of 5 games in a row, what must i do to be true fan? Pretend that he didn't do that? Blame Mourinho? Or i must say; " Oh, it is our Ole"?
Like the man said, delete your account.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We do, I agree, but that cuts both ways. You tend to know what you can expect from Young defensively whereas Dalot is a bit more of a wildcard. Thinking the risk outweighs the reward is hardly a baffling decisions — both in terms of the short term impact on the result and potential effects on his confidence.

Besides, I've genuinely thought he's handled the younger players well. He's given Rashford responsibility to lead the line (and he responded incredibly positively until he got injured), he's backed McTominay in two huge games and got performances from him, he's given Dalot games wherever he can and he's given Peirera chances wherever he can.

Not thinking Dalot is ready to face up against Barca as part of a back four is hardly a damning indictment on him.
I'm just sick of Young :(

Ban

No, players decided to play like that.:rolleyes: Come on, man...
No I didnt say that. We started like that cause its Barcelona, you dont go toe to toe with them from the start. Took us a bit to catch the game and maybe Barcelona taking the foot of the pedal helped but after that we were pretty good I thought.
What do you think that Ole said to them dont pass, dont get the ball, just chase shadows?
Also Lingard who always plays didn't start tonight again. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.