Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

Any manager with some pedigree at a decent level and not a complete yes man. Ole is a complete novice sadly. An experienced manager would not have settled with the squad Ole was supposedly happy with.
This, when did ole become a manager even as good as Roy bloody Hodgson let alone as good as Pellegrini, howson or rodgers?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Convenient that no one is mentioning that two of our best players were out :rolleyes:
Thing is, we've been rubbish with both Martial and Pogba starting, too. Our tactics as a whole leave a lot to be desired.

kopviolator

Any manager with some pedigree at a decent level and not a complete yes man. Ole is a complete novice sadly. An experienced manager would not have settled with the squad Ole was supposedly happy with.
What are you talking about? The reason we've got rid of Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling,Darmian and Valencia is a clear sign he's not happy with the squad. He's brought three in, should have been more but that's not on him. Again, I'm not saying Ole is the man but we've tried managers with some pedigree at decent level as you put it and that has not worked at all. The shit inherited can't be put right in one window.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Firstly that's not been our top four for the entire period, Martial, Lukaku and Lingard have played too. Secondly that's bollocks anyway, this weekend Palace front three was Ayew, Townsend and Zaha, Southampton's was Che Adams, Redmond and Boufal. Wolves, Jimenez and Jota, West Ham, Haller, Yarmolenko and Felipe Anderson. Do I need to tell you where West Ham, Palace and Southampton finished last season with these "vintage" attacks.
I don't care where they finished last season, what we put out today isn't better than those names. I said we'd struggle for goals in the summer when everyone was happy about selling Lukaku.

OrcaFat

Sack him now we might be able to save the season. United manager that doesn't even care about possession is not worth waiting for to complete his project. It doesn't matter if you have Maldini or Ferdinand if we don't practice how to keep the ball and pass in the attacking half our defence will be in trouble. Nearly 1 year is enough why should he be trusted with attacking reiforcement if he didn't improve our style of attacking already? Sack him now and let's get a proper coach regardless of boards separate fault.
Possession stats have been very good in most games. The players aren’t good enough to do anything with it. I just don’t believe there’s a manager who can magically make them better.

Granted we do need to win more games somehow. Hoping for a couple of decent buys in January seems a more likely route to improvement than just sacking the manager. Again.

ArjenIsM3

It's what clubs do though. They keep changing managers till they get it right.
Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Anybody can see this squad isn't nearly good enough. We've gotten rid of a lot of players and rightly so but Ole didn't get the replacements he wanted. On top of that we've loads of injuries. No manager will do well with this squad. There's better managers out there sure but the truth is our manager isn't the problem. I mean, Poch has a way better squad and he's not doing any better. I don't think he can fix our problems at all.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
He was never the right choice, sacking Jose was a big mistake too.

Sacking a proven world class manager and not believing in his experience, and hiring Ole, never the right choice.
Hiring Ole as permanent manager was a huge mistake. But that doesn’t meant that it was wrong to sack Jose.

Sentient Meat

Sacking a proven world class manager and not believing in his experience, and hiring Ole, never the right choice.
I got so much sh*t for insisting if we replaced Jose, it needed to be a high profile manager who could attract world class players.
I get the disgruntled feeling towards Jose but he was trying to pressure upper management into signing defenders.
I like Ole as a man but I don't understand how he was going to do better than a proven football genius.
Maybe Tuchel is an answer, but we never should have gotten rid of Jose.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What does OGS do for our set pieces exactly ? We are so shite at football that we really should be looking at scoring from set pieces. I kid you not, I really think we should do that.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't care where they finished last season, what we put out today isn't better than those names. I said we'd struggle for goals in the summer when everyone was happy about selling Lukaku.
Everyone was happy to sell because we were made to believe he'd be replaced, only fools were happy to see him go with no one coming in. It was a obviously poor decision to not replace him. Martial or Rashford aren't up to the job yet, might never be.

theklr

When you have your best 2 players out with injury, the current striker injured, and your back up striker injured.... suddenly its the manager

Irwin99

Convenient that no one is mentioning that two of our best players were out :rolleyes:
Geez, I said this in another post but you seriously expect Pogba would have changed that result? It was a battle in the midfield, passing was sloppy from both teams. Pogba wouldn’t have changed anything (see the many games last season when he played and we saw the same thing) . It’s just excuses at this point.

The lack of energy was the biggest concern today. For a team that are supposed to be super fit we didn’t half look tired.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
For all those arguing that sacking Ole will not make much difference, you are right - because the club is rotten at every level. However, Ole is also the kind of manager who makes a bad situation worse because he had no tactical and coaching acumen.
Jose should have never been sacked.

The club needs someone like Klopp (who the club missed out on) someone who brings enthusiasm, experience and gets what he asks for, the sad thing is a club like liverpool have gone from mediocrity to a champions league and basically a league title this year, their structure was nowhere near as good as Uniteds.

The sooner the board realises that, the better, hire a world class manager, give them what they want, listen to them. What Woodward did not backing Jose was ridiculous.

Sadly now there's no managers left in world football, some clubs are lucky, like Barca Valverde is awful but they have Messi & Co to keep them afloat (not looking good right now) but they have the players.

Missed out on Guardiola and Klopp, and thats pathetic from a club like Uniteds perspective, Barcelona and Real Madrid will be in the market for a new manager soon.

Really isnt looking good, anytime in the last 6 years you ask any pundit its been "they need 3 years and 5-6 players to fix this mess", still the same.

red4ever 79

Still smiling. Still the key moments went against us. Get him out of the club ffs
Good group to work with. Along the road there will be bumps. Team has the right focus

Irrational.

Do you believe Ole is the only man for this job and no other manager could do better? I'm sure there are plenty of other candidates that could do better than a manager who failed at his first and only PL job before he moved to Molde.

It's another reason why we need to get a sporting director. To appoint the right manager and not a guy just because he is a fans' favourite.

If it was up to me I'd be taking a hard look at the obvious choice in Poch, who is looking like he's taken Spurs as far as he can, otherwise leave it for a competent sporting director to decide.

What are you talking about? The reason we've got rid of Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling,Darmian and Valencia is a clear sign he's not happy with the squad. He's brought three in, should have been more but that's not on him. Again, I'm not saying Ole is the man but we've tried managers with some pedigree at decent level as you put it and that has not worked at all. The shit inherited can't be put right in one window.
You say that, but it is on him. See Simon Stones' tweet. The failure to replace a 20 goal a season in Lukaku was the nail in the coffin for our season. Players like Herrera and Fellaini left without anyone coming in. Its unforgivable. Now Rashford and Martial are injured and we have jack shit up front and we're paper thin in midfield.

El Zoido

To be fair, a lot of the more sensible posters here predicted that Ole would be the one to get it in the neck the second results went bad. When people can think more logically you can understand why this will happen. I hope we hire and fire a new manager every month, this club gets what it deserves.

Judas

Open to offers

We were clearly in deep trouble under Jose and the board didn't believe in him, it made zero sense to stick with him either.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

The club needs someone like Klopp (who the club missed out on) someone who brings enthusiasm, experience and gets what he asks for, the sad thing is a club like liverpool have gone from mediocrity to a champions league and basically a league title this year, their structure was nowhere near as good as Uniteds.

The sooner the board realises that, the better, hire a world class manager, give them what they want, listen to them. What Woodward did not backing Jose was ridiculous.

Sadly now there's no managers left in world football, some clubs are lucky, like Barca Valverde is awful but they have Messi & Co to keep them afloat (not looking good right now) but they have the players.

Missed out on Guardiola and Klopp, and thats pathetic from a club like Uniteds perspective, Barcelona and Real Madrid will be in the market for a new manager soon.

Really isnt looking good, anytime in the last 6 years you ask any pundit its been "they need 3 years and 5-6 players to fix this mess", still the same.
Jose should have absolutely been sacked. He was toxic. There's a reason why no one is atm want him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The shit inherited can't be put right in one window.
Indeed. Which makes it even more infuriating that he was only allowed to bring in 3 players. People can critise Oles tactics and team selection (a very fair critism imo), but his player transfers have been very good and have been our best players this season imo. I'd be more than happy to see him become DoF for example. Whether he'd accept that position is a different matter.

hobbers

The point isn't about whether he has the right tools to work with.

The point is that we are playing worse football since his permanent signing than we did at any point over the last 7 years, and are certifiably going nowhere but backwards.

He does not know how to improve this team from a coaching or tactical perspective.

JMack1234

The evidence is overwhelming that Ole just isn't good enough to carry though the project he's trying to complete.

However, I want to him to have at least this season, as it will give us some semblance of stability.

Godfather

Nobody in their right mind could think that he is the right manager for this club to be honest.

The only question is when do we sack him.

Withnail

You've lost all credibility there. Jose wanted to be sacked and United were heading for a mid-table finish. He had to be sacked.

As for the rest of it. It won't get better until Ed realises he hasn't a clue about football and gets someone in to run that end of things but that's not looking likely.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Still smiling. Still the key moments went against us. Get him out of the club ffs
Good group to work with. Along the road there will be bumps. Team has the right focus
He’s talking in cliches, time and time again, it doesn’t look like he knows how to get us out of this situation.
We all know how this is going to end, he won’t be here next season.

Eric7C

He's cracking up a bit there. Correct or not, his days seem numbered and the club probably won't be any better for it.

kopviolator

Do you believe Ole is the only man for this job and no other manager could do better? I'm sure there are plenty of other candidates that could do better than a manager who failed at his first and only PL job before he moved to Molde.

It's another reason why we need to get a sporting director. To appoint the right manager and not a guy just because he is a fans' favourite.

If it was up to me I'd be taking a hard look at the obvious choice in Poch, who is looking like he's taken Spurs as far as he can, otherwise leave it for a competent sporting director to decide.

You say that, but it is on him. See Simon Stones' tweet. The failure to replace a 20 goal a season in Lukaku was the nail in the coffin for our season. Players like Herrera and Fellaini left without anyone coming in. Its unforgivable. Now Rashford and Martial are injured and we have jack shit up front and we're paper thin in midfield.
No, I agree with that and we should have done more buisness but it is Woody's job to do recruitment. Don't you think they have other transfers planned than those who actually materialized? Say what you like about Ole but in my view the incompetence lies with the board and Woody. They are the reason we are in the mess we're in, Not Ole regardless if he's the right man or not for the job. No matter who you'd bring in now he would need time.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Indeed. Which makes it even more infuriating that he was only allowed to bring in 3 players. People can critise Oles tactics and team selection (a very fair critism imo), but his player transfers have been very good and have been our best players this season imo. I'd be more than happy to see him become DoF for example. Whether he'd accept that position is a different matter.
I don't want Ole as DoF. We need someone with no links to the club. I think as a club we're far too sentimental, having Ole just makes it worse.

Judas

Open to offers
He's got as much experience in that position as you do. He's not a DOF.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Jose should have absolutely been sacked. He was toxic. There's a reason why no one is atm want him.
Honestly with Jose I think plenty of clubs are interested, and I think he will take the Real Madrid job, or the Barcelona job (one of the two) when there's a vacant managers position, or he will take over Bayern or a german club eventually.

We can all say Jose was toxic because of how he acted towards the end, but honestly any manager who clearly knows in his experience the club needs defenders, and Woordward says no. A manager of Joses experience knowing that, different managers display it in different ways.

He was a world class coach coming to the club, his record speaks for itself, he wont the Europa League, came in a very good position in the league at, with a squad still in rebuild, and then he doesn't get the players he needs and the whole team changes, its the ineptitude of the board that lead to that.

The fact is, Jose was right about what the club needed, he attracted big players, Ibrahimovic, Sanchez, Pogba. Right now you have some like Ole with very little experience, out of his depth.

I doubt Jose would have displayed what he did, if he was backed, he looked angry at the club for not listening, and this year its still not better. I would place a bet on Jose going to a big club when a manager position is free, and he will be the same Jose as he was years ago winning leagues.

Ole isnt right for the club, and United are now competing against Real Madrid, and Barca for a manager, and sadly now... whoever comes into the United job needs to wait for Guardiola and Klopp to leave to even stand a chance at winning the league.

izec

Ole sounds like a robot, how much longer is saying the right things going to be enough when we play so terribly every week.
he will continue until he gets sacked obviously. He is clueless as the rest of them. At least he will get a fat paycheck and tried. He knows he cant change it, now it is continuing until he gets put out of his misery

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Squad depth is the problem. Lack of quality going forward mainly. I’m not in a rush to blame Ole for today, things are just going to take time. I still feel like long term we’re going down the right path.
I wish i had your positive outlook. I've backed Ole, but there comes a point where we cant blame bad luck any longer and that first half was pure shite. Unless he does a complete 180 i fear he will be gone before the season is over, and rightly so, because part of being a manager is making a team that is greater than the sum of its part and we are far from that right now

What bothers me the most though is how the knobheads on top and some of these frauds masquerading as United players will outlive yet another manager

Craig1976

Absolutely clueless!! Our club will end up in turmoil, clueless management set up and a clueless board imo

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That decision to give him the permanent job rather than wait for the end of the season has cost us this season. He will be gone by January and the same cycle will start again . He has no right to be united manager and it's just a matter of time now before he is gone . The awful thing is that top 4 is there for the taking

Status
Not open for further replies.