Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
And yet, he had absolutely no hesitation in coming to work for the owners he thought were so vile he protested against them as a player.

Allow that to sink in.

What could have changed?

Do the words 'personal gain' come into your mind? Offer a dream job? Erasing personal grudges for the chance to manage a big club that will probably never, ever come again?

Someone mentioned in here recently that Ole isn't fully well-regarded back home, due to some dodgy dealings with a super-agent of sorts. Perhaps this squeaky clean United Legend is just as easily bent behind the scenes as most other football managers?

I mean, he allowed the board/Woodward to gut his attack/midfield over a period of a few months without a single reinforcement and said he was happy as Larry. Bit weird, isn't it? For someone who supposedly disapproved of this same board, as a player.

Wake up. He's a Sockpuppet.
No, you're wrong.

Ole doesn't even have a sense of self - only a sense of United.

Yes, he gets paid more than Klopp and Pochettino, but I believe his wages are pumped back into the club secretly.

In regards to United, he's kinda like Jesus...

Where Jesus preached Love and kindness, Ole preaches 'running', and 'patience'.

Where Jesus cared for the unwell and revived the dead, Ole cares for the unwanted (Lingz, Pereira, Rashy) and revives the dead-wood (Youngy, Mata, Jones).

Jesus turned over the tables in the temple, and Ole has Utd at the opposite end of the table than they should be.

Jesus had his disciples spread the word of His teachings, and Ole has the CO92 in the media to spread the word of his coachings...

If you can't see this, I can only suggest that you feck off and go support Real, or City, or Chelsea, and stop playing FIFA, or Football Manager computer games.

Peace.

el3mel

And yet, he had absolutely no hesitation in coming to work for the owners he thought were so vile he protested against them as a player.

Allow that to sink in.

What could have changed?

Do the words 'personal gain' come into your mind? Offer a dream job? Erasing personal grudges for the chance to manage a big club that will probably never, ever come again?

Someone mentioned in here recently that Ole isn't fully well-regarded back home, due to some dodgy dealings with a super-agent of sorts. Perhaps this squeaky clean United Legend is just as easily bent behind the scenes as most other football managers?

I mean, he allowed the board/Woodward to gut his attack/midfield over a period of a few months without a single reinforcement and said he was happy as Larry. Bit weird, isn't it? For someone who supposedly disapproved of this same board, as a player.

Wake up. He's a Sockpuppet.
Absolutely spot on. May these lame excuses stop. I swear another manager would have been totally slaughtered by exactly same posters. Some are letting his legendary state as a player cloud their mind and don't want to admit he's as much to blame for this season as the owners.

Kemizee

Absolutely. Top 4 still needs to happen imo. Losing Pogba and Martial so quickly has been costly. We're very reliant on them. Martial was flying.

Ole's attempts to sign Longstaff, Erikssen and Dybala would suggest he was well aware of our problems in CM/AM. When he didn't get them I'm sure he hoped at least one of Matic, Mata, Fred, Pereira and Lingard could have played to a passable level to at least get us to January but they've all been completely useless. That's hard to deal with when they make up the creative hub of your team.

Gomes is the one option that might help turn things around but I dread to think what happens if McTomminay or Pogba get another injury. We've absolutely no choice but to sign a midfielder in January. I'm still shocked we didn't sign at least one this Summer. I fully believed we needed two.
Were these two his original targets or he just stumbled on news they may be available? What was his plan all along?

Roboc7

Arsenal game is huge for him, can’t afford to lose it. Probably have to sit back and try and counter, a loss puts him on the verge of sack.

I don’t think board want to sack him this season but if after Liverpool game we are in bottom half and however many points behind it will put so much scrutiny and pressure on I don’t know how he can keep the job.

Kemizee

Spot on mate, and for what it's worth, I'm in the same boat. Ole may or may not be the right man for us but a lot of these people just don't look at the context. They simply don't want to.

And the guy you quoted is the most pathetic of the lot.

I'm still backing Ole however; because you can see what he wants us to do, but the players are so devoid of confidence, and scared to make any mistakes that they overthink their passes and go for the safe option every time. We could hire a new manager and have that new manager bounce (which is very doubtful, the last time was more the fact that Ole was the anti-Jose than anything else - we certainly didn't get those bounces with Giggs, LvG, or Jose) but as soon as we come across the first bump in the road, these players will just revert to type. The experienced among them are cowards, and the younger ones are forced to take their lead. It's going to require time, patience and investment in real quality across the board.
I really can't. He appears to be very reactive and has no blueprint on what his style of football is. Terrible manager IMO.

Kemizee

I think Ole should be moved to DOF. He has an eye for talent and has had a ruthless approach to getting rid of the excess fat. We've not replaced the players he has gotten rid of but the issue really is that he's unable to motivate the team to see off Rochdale in normal time. He's lost to an average Crystal palace team, he couldn't find a winner against 10 man Southampton, he only managed a draw against a Wolves side who are still without a win all season.

The Glazers and Woodward have their own problems but Ole has not shown that he is capable of taking us forward on the pitch. His dead cat bounce results post Mourinho were the best fun post Fergie but the return to normal since then has been horrific and I can't see it getting better any time soon.
I keep hearing he has an eye for talent. I assume it is cos of the players he signed in the summer. Maguire was wanted by Jose as well. AWB wasn't some gem from Faroe Island unearthed by Ole. He was hyped as the best performing RB in the EPL last year while Danny James was recommended to him by Giggs. Greenwood was already making waves in our youth set up. Where is this eye for talent thing coming from?

Unfortunately, the ruthlessness you talk about extended to players who would have been better for us than this current lot. Lukaku and Herrera; definitely. Sanchez; not so much. Why didn't the ruthlessness extend to dross like Mata(who by the way got a new contract to the bemusement of all), Young, Rojo, Phil Jones, Smalling etc..

Ole is not going to take us anywhere and I have seen enough to conclude this. Get him out and get a tactically astute manager in and we will be better off for it.

Kemizee

That is my opinion (not about having to be nice obviously), you do not have to like it, personally irrespective of what you think, I still think he would make a better DOF than a manager, he has the right ideas, he is more willing to implement youth, than say going out to buy Zlatan or Matic or Mata, Maguire AWB & James have looked a lot better than the heap we have had, granted having Jones, Smalling & Valencia at the back it was not difficult.

And in regards to the youth aspect again not like he has had much choice with that either, but it had to happen at some point, Jones, Smalling etc had/has to go at some point, yes Ole's tactics are pants, no question about that, being a DOF football does not mean he has control over the next managers tactics. They have input with the next manager yes, in the end, it will still come down to the Glazers, on how much they are willing to depart with, but the DOF would jut be the filling in the sandwich.

And again yes I do belive he would make a better DOF than a manager, he would not have sole control of how the team plays, that would come down to the manager, he may have some input on the direction of the team, i.e look at younger players, and not continue to waste money on players who are knocking on the door of 30.

In the end, when you think about it, it's been that long, the next DOF & Manager would need to make it the United way again, but what is the United way now? If someone on the forum has the "magical answer" to that question then perhaps they need to go knock on the office at Carrington or go have a chat with Ed " the clown" Woodward.
Make him a DOF based on what exactly? When will Manchester United do the right thing? If we need a DOF, we need to conduct a proper interview with qualified candidates, select the best from among them and not any of these 'knows the club and United way' appointments. We have had enough.

minoo-utd

I blame him for what we see right now. How he can be happy with such a team? How leaving the midfield and attack without any reinforcements is beyond me. How he can rely on such names! Well no need to mention them ofcourse. I can't see any vision from him on or off the pitch. Will he can sign 4 5 players next summer? Without C.L for another year maybe!

Alabaster Codify7

Absolutely spot on. May these lame excuses stop. I swear another manager would have been totally slaughtered by exactly same posters. Some are letting his legendary state as a player cloud their mind and don't want to admit he's as much to blame for this season as the owners.
I've just given this same shtick on a MMA forum after the main event of the UFC card but I'm going to do it again for Ole because the same sort of thing applies.

I have studied criminal profiling a lot due to previous studies at university in the past and I genuinely have a massive interest in it. I love studying people's words compared to their demeanor and behaviour patterns because it's fascinating how easily you can see a blagger.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is a gigantic blagger.

He is saying the 'right things' in a scheduled conference where he has had time to prepare and compose himself. It's all very 'politician' though......it's repetitive nods and a vague hint towards positive buzzwords like 'belief', 'progress'.

But look hard enough and you'll see he never actually addresses a direct question or topic. He smiles,too much. Losing humiliatingly to West Ham shouldn't warrant a 5second upturn of the lip. Yet ole is grinning from ear to ear......again, buzzwords. Look at his eyes. Not really smiling. Not really angry either. Just that vacant, lost look that we saw on the face of David Moyes.

Look at how he's repeatedly making mistakes in his lineups. The indecision of his in-game management, leaving substitutions so late like he's afraid to change course even if drawing/losing.

Look at his face in the dugout.

He is resembling a robot. In every sense of the term. The board wanted a robot after the stubborn lvg and the nightmarish, outspoken Jose. But they needed a robot the fans would accept....a robot the fans would tolerate and accept excuses for.....a robot that was so alien to world class football and footballers as a manger that they would accept any shite they were handed and try plastering a smile over it.

They found their robot.

They could not have believed in their wildest dreams it would be accepted so effortlessly by the fans.

Womp

idiot
To put it simply: a lot of us made the mistake of thinking it was the state of the squad, not the coaching, under Mourinho. It became evident it was Jose. Let's not make the same mistake again.

You don't need a squad of world class players to play good, progressive football. We aren't getting the results, or playing good stuff. People would be more lenient if we were seeing either of those things.

Winmove

You can't claim yourself as an attacking manager who play attacking football while prefer to chose AWB over Dalot and somehow no one here call him for it , imagine if it was Jose. I had enough of people saying Ole is an attacking manager who play attacking football , if any he is a losing manager who play losing football. He is manager who never won major trophy , never done a good rebuilding job ,has relegated an EPL team, anyone who are still ole in literally are based on their deluded hope.

Last edited:

mnoogood

Yes, Ole is the best choice now, for sir Alex is here too. It is known by managers too. Forever? He doesnt seem so arrogant, aggressive and even mean as sir Alex. But who knows, a viking after all. :)

Foxbatt

No, you're wrong.

Ole doesn't even have a sense of self - only a sense of United.

Yes, he gets paid more than Klopp and Pochettino, but I believe his wages are pumped back into the club secretly.

In regards to United, he's kinda like Jesus...

Where Jesus preached Love and kindness, Ole preaches 'running', and 'patience'.

Where Jesus cared for the unwell and revived the dead, Ole cares for the unwanted (Lingz, Pereira, Rashy) and revives the dead-wood (Youngy, Mata, Jones).

Jesus turned over the tables in the temple, and Ole has Utd at the opposite end of the table than they should be.

Jesus had his disciples spread the word of His teachings, and Ole has the CO92 in the media to spread the word of his coachings...

If you can't see this, I can only suggest that you feck off and go support Real, or City, or Chelsea, and stop playing FIFA, or Football Manager computer games.

Peace.
The problem with this is that Jesus can score goals too. Jesus can turn defense into attack and turn the defenders over. He also make the living dead by scaring them with his speed and trickery.
Yes at this time Jesus may be having a bit of problem with his Guad.

SteveW

I've just given this same shtick on a MMA forum after the main event of the UFC card but I'm going to do it again for Ole because the same sort of thing applies.

I have studied criminal profiling a lot due to previous studies at university in the past and I genuinely have a massive interest in it. I love studying people's words compared to their demeanor and behaviour patterns because it's fascinating how easily you can see a blagger.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is a gigantic blagger.

He is saying the 'right things' in a scheduled conference where he has had time to prepare and compose himself. It's all very 'politician' though......it's repetitive nods and a vague hint towards positive buzzwords like 'belief', 'progress'.

But look hard enough and you'll see he never actually addresses a direct question or topic. He smiles,too much. Losing humiliatingly to West Ham shouldn't warrant a 5second upturn of the lip. Yet ole is grinning from ear to ear......again, buzzwords. Look at his eyes. Not really smiling. Not really angry either. Just that vacant, lost look that we saw on the face of David Moyes.

Look at how he's repeatedly making mistakes in his lineups. The indecision of his in-game management, leaving substitutions so late like he's afraid to change course even if drawing/losing.

Look at his face in the dugout.

He is resembling a robot. In every sense of the term. The board wanted a robot after the stubborn lvg and the nightmarish, outspoken Jose. But they needed a robot the fans would accept....a robot the fans would tolerate and accept excuses for.....a robot that was so alien to world class football and footballers as a manger that they would accept any shite they were handed and try plastering a smile over it.

They found their robot.

They could not have believed in their wildest dreams it would be accepted so effortlessly by the fans.
You're losing it. It's getting weird at this stage.

haram

Well he does look clueless and his press conferences at this point are just irritating.

Giggsyking

If Ole has respect in himself and wants to keep the respect of the fans, then he should step down if nothing changes until December.

macheda14

In your opinion James [a young talent] is an adequate replacement for Alexis [a woefully underperforming ‘star’], I’m sorry but I can’t debate that with the respect [I believe is missing in droves from this forum] a true debate deserves because I can’t comprehend it.
No I’m not arguing Sanchez has been sufficiently replaced in regards to replacing an ‘underperforming star’ with a ‘star’. If the Dybala rumours turned out true AND we bought Daniel James in, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I’m more against your position that the loss of Sanchez has inherently impacted the state of our squad. His squad position has been more than adequately filled by James. The actual position that Sanchez could have excelled in our team at his arsenal best was the left wing, slightly the right wing or maybe a false nine. All positions James can arguably play to the level Sanchez played and higher than Sanchez ever played for us (as proven by his effectiveness off the left). The replacement of Sanchez in its importance is negligible to the replacement of Lukaku (more bringing in a backup striker) and Herrera.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I was watching Chelsea today and they, by no mean, had a comfortable game. For the most part, it was close with only one goal in it. However, I have to admit that I actually enjoy watching them play these days (something I rarely say about Chelsea because they're usually drab). And alongwith that, I am very impressed by Frank Lampard as a manager. Whether he will be successful, who knows - it takes a lot to be successful in the PL and especially for a young manager nearly starting out. However, I can see his ideas very clearly in the way in which his team plays. They press collectively with intensity. They play attacking football and go at teams. They promote youth. They play aggresive football. Their football is cohesive with a lot of short passing interchanges. All this - without a transfer window.

Basically, and it pains me to say this, Frank is currently managing the way I wanted to. If I saw these signs in Ole id be patient with him. Instead we appear tactically clueless, pressing poorly, mostly not even playing attacking football, little cohesion and all football that appears almost uncoached.

So yeah, Ole has time to rectify this I imagine. But unless Lampard is in a honeymoon period, even he, also being a novice at this level, is appearing to much more impressive than Ole when it comes to on the pitch matters. Disappointing.

amolbhatia50k

If we don't win the match vs Arsenal it would mean we are already out of the Top4 race!

We need those 11 points, period, to be up there with Leicester, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.
I'm confident of us winning or at least not losing to Arsenal. Even at our lowest points, we tend to have a good shot of beating them at home. Didn't we draw against them at home when Moyes was Moyseing it up?

Sterling Archer

I was watching Chelsea today and they, by no mean, had a comfortable game. For the most part, it was close with only one goal in it. However, I have to admit that I actually enjoy watching them play these days (something I rarely say about Chelsea because they're usually drab). And alongwith that, I am very impressed by Frank Lampard as a manager. Whether he will be successful, who knows - it takes a lot to be successful in the PL and especially for a young manager nearly starting out. However, I can see his ideas very clearly in the way in which his team plays. They press collectively with intensity. They play attacking football and go at teams. They promote youth. They play aggresive football. Their football is cohesive with a lot of short passing interchanges. All this - without a transfer window.

Basically, and it pains me to say this, Frank is currently managing the way I wanted to. If I saw these signs in Ole id be patient with him. Instead we appear tactically clueless, pressing poorly, mostly not even playing attacking football, little cohesion and all football that appears almost uncoached.

So yeah, Ole has time to rectify this I imagine. But unless Lampard is in a honeymoon period, even he, also being a novice at this level, is appearing to much more impressive than Ole when it comes to on the pitch matters. Disappointing.
Mmmm well it seems there is something we both agree upon.

I am waiting for some aha moment with Ole but I don't think it's going to be

Tony247

You take out mason mout, jorginho and kante, and replace them with mata, lingard and perriera then in no time lampard will start looking like Ole.

But I agree, as of today lampard looks like a better PL manager than Ole. Football is definitely better.

amolbhatia50k

Mmmm well it seems there is something we both agree upon.

I am waiting for some aha moment with Ole but I don't think it's going to be
I think many of us (I'll hold my hand up on this one despite advocating against it in the past) placed far too much reliance on results as opposed to true progress. Ole had a terrific run of results but these things can be extremely temporary and both fans and the ownership (they should be the bloody experts), should have seen the sense in focusing on the metrics behind those results. And really while that run was exciting, a lot of it was built around counter attacking, and sometimes really plucky and jammy, football. That we started playing the football we all wanted to see (Cardiff) and moved towards football we did not, was a sign. But while injuries were used as an excuse for the same, it should have been a sign to wait and watch.

But what can you do. I hope it's a lesson from hereon to focus on genuine progress and the underlying metrics indicating that instead of emotion/passion/gets the club/winning record/stature and all that jazz.

amolbhatia50k

You take out mason mout, jorginho and kante, and replace them with mata, lingard and perriera then in no time lampard will start looking like Ole.

But I agree, as of today lampard looks like a better PL manager than Ole. Football is definitely better.
Forget the results, even Eddie Howe at Bournemouth manages play cohesive, progressive football. And look at the players he has. I don't have a problem if Ole can't pull off the results other than those in line with his team (which isn't that bad, his problem for putting faith in average players like Periera), but as a collective we need to be very well managed. That's the basic job of the manager.

amolbhatia50k

Just to add, I've seen Chelsea play progressive pressing attacking football this season without Kante - who is one of the best in his regard in the game.

Also, it's about choices isn't it? Ole has been in charge for over 30 games now. I haven't yet seen him truly priorities possession play, and midfield dominance. He doesn't appear to care for it. And maybe that showed in his transfers? He went for an 80 million pound CB and was satisfied with Mctominay, Periera, Matic, Pogba and Fred as his midfielders. If he needed that one CM like Jorginho to suddenly enable him to play that progressive style of football he loves, he would have either forgone signing a defender or demanded a CM be signed in addition to the defenders. That was Sarri's demand upon joining Chelsea. Pep immediately needed a few players to watch his style when he came to City. Same with Pep.

Truth be told, I'm not convinced he is that progressive or tactically astute a manager. He seems pretty old school to me.

Madzik_92

Have you guys saw the Wycome Wanderers offical twitter page? They have beaten Rochdale 3-0 and they tweeted "OFFICIAL: Better than @ManUtd." So fecking embarassing our state:(

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Au contraire. Swap them and we start seeing they become a better footballer while Chelsea players starts to look clueless.

Most of our ex players plays better than they were with us. Blind, memphis, lukaku, even sanchez. Something is wrong with our coaches

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Au contraire. Swap them and we start seeing they become a better footballer while Chelsea players starts to look clueless.

Most of our ex players plays better than they were with us. Blind, memphis, lukaku, even sanchez. Something is wrong with our coaches
Are you really going to sit here with a straight face and tell us that if Kante and Lingard swapped clubs Lingard would look the better player? :lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Are you really going to sit here with a straight face and tell us that if Kante and Lingard swapped clubs Lingard would look the better player? :lol:
Yup.

Kante would be made to look clueless in 3 mths playing with us.

Nane a player that plays better after he joined us. Post fergie that is.

All of our purchase becomes shits over 3 mths it's magical

Tony247

Its dangerous to get sucked into comparison, but I want to point out one thing about chelsea yesterday. Brighton packed their defensive third and played lone striker up front for counter. Yet chelsea midfield could create so many opportunities and the team had 24 freaking shots on goal. Some were like 5 yard misses. That's the value of good creative midfield.

It was a huge mistake to solely rely on pogba and not additing more creativity on priority last summer. To probably save millions the club will lose millions when we finish outside 6.

Tony247

Yesterday two things happened when brighton packed outside of 18 yard box
1. Coach decided to employ a decoy who can drag opposition players with him, an assistant who get the ball from decoy and either run with it or pass it to a CM who can send stabbing through pass to striker.
2. Willian was decoy who could get himself into tight space yet do not lose ball, mount was assisting him who can run with the ball and jorginho was ready to send the through ball

#1 you must give it to coach. But to get #1 done you need capable players where individual brilliance matters. There is no player other than pogba who can move ball around in tight space, and even he loses the ball. There is no midifield player with us who can run with the ball. There is no CM with us who can send deadly passes when pogba could drag 2 players with him. I have seen numerous times opposition crowd around pogba yet there is no midifielder who can exploit the opening.

So you basically end up asking pogba to work in tight space and yet somehow miraculously create chances. Not gonna work.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Yesterday two things happened when brighton packed outside of 18 yard box
1. Coach decided to employ a decoy who can drag opposition players with him, an assistant who get the ball from decoy and either run with it or pass it to a CM who can send stabbing through pass to striker.
2. Willian was decoy who could get himself into tight space yet do not lose ball, mount was assisting him who can run with the ball and jorginho was ready to send the through ball

#1 you must give it to coach. But to get #1 done you need capable players where individual brilliance matters. There is no player other than pogba who can move ball around in tight space, and even he loses the ball. There is no midifield player with us who can run with the ball. There is no CM with us who can send deadly passes when pogba could drag 2 players with him. I have seen numerous times opposition crowd around pogba yet there is no midifielder who can exploit the opening.
What chelsea did was a show of tactical awareness.

Dont tell me our players are too shit to be a decoy, or run with a balls in midfield to pass it fast. We're not talking about running with the balls and going past 5 players to score like messi.

Our players got too much leeway. In truth they're just not coached. Or not following the instruction.

We're not asking them to outplay barcelona, but when you're clueless against rochdale it's on the management.

We lost almost all of our matches against team that were bellow us. Would have no qualm if city or liverpool beat us, but wolves westham rochdale, if you cant beat them or at least outplay them tactically you do not deserve the united wages.

Stop defending our players. Time for them to be held accountable for this mess as well.

Eric7C

Dont tell me our players are too shit to be a decoy, or run with a balls in midfield to pass it fast. We're not talking about running with the balls and going past 5 players to score like messi.

Our players got too much leeway. In truth they're just not coached. Or not following the instruction.

We're not asking them to outplay barcelona, but when you're clueless against rochdale it's on the management.

We lost almost all of our matches against team that were bellow us. Would have no qualm if city or liverpool beat us, but wolves westham rochdale, if you cant beat them or at least outplay them tactically you do not deserve the united wages.

Stop defending our players. Time for them to be held accountable for this mess as well.
Exactly. Some fans are blind in their devotion to an idea - the idea here being that United are in a rebuild and therefore any and all standards, even basic aspects of play, are not required. Constantly making runs, pressing as a collective unit, overloading the flanks one side at a time etc., these are all part of the basics that are absolutely necessary at all times for a club like United. No exceptions.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

This. I find it depressing to see so many posters defending our spineless performances against the likes of Rochdale and Astana. It's like the board and the manager has done a number on them..

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Truth be told, I'm not convinced he is that progressive or tactically astute a manager. He seems pretty old school to me.
I'm not convinced either, but I do want to wait until we actually get a run of games with our strongest team before I completely give up. We don't have much depth (not sure how much of that is on Ole), and some of our supposed depth simply don't suit a progressive style, and injuries so far have meant we've been relying on those players.

If we get a fairly strong line-up out for a decent run of games and we're still looking clueless, then I'll largely give up on Ole. However if we start looking much better then I'll have hope that he just needs more time to continue to build the team (through both transfers and the kids coming through) to give us the depth to continue playing the 'right' way even when the main players are out.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I said few times that he has good ideas on how we should play but he is not capable of implementing it, which is the biggest quality you want in coach. Yesterday I watched Brighton and you can see clear change in style of play. They kept playing out from back, tried to retain possession even when under pressure, rarely played long balls.

Only at ManUtd our coaches struggle to change anything. Only manager who at least had style of play was Van Gaal but his signings was so bad that it was impossible for him to play good football.

Foxbatt

Feck about the pressing. The problem is not the pressing. The problem is we don't know what to do when we have the fecking ball.
Ole can talk about pressing and high line till the crows come home but if he doesn't know or the players don't know what to do when they have the ball then what's the point of all this talk?
I supported him when he took over as the temporary manager but now this has become a bigger disaster than getting Moyes appointed as the manager.
Neville and his ilk will talk about giving time. Giving time for what? Any decent manager will know how to play with the players available to him.
It's pointless trying to play like Barca when you have Young, Matic, Lingard and Mata.
The world has gone mad.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I said few times that he has good ideas on how we should play but he is not capable of implementing it, which is the biggest quality you want in coach. Yesterday I watched Brighton and you can see clear change in style of play. They kept playing out from back, tried to retain possession even when under pressure, rarely played long balls.

Only at ManUtd our coaches struggle to change anything. Only manager who at least had style of play was Van Gaal but his signings was so bad that it was impossible for him to play good football.
I think Ole is more a manager than a coach, which shows how much he needed the best coaches to support him. As you highlighted above, he knows what we should be doing but he and his coaches are not showing they are capable of creating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.