g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

He thought we had played well in all but one league games this season. And now he calls this a good performance. An insult to the travelling fans.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We are not a very well coached side... Certainly in an attacking sense anyway, and that's very worrying

el3mel

He thought we had played well in all but one league games this season. And now he calls this a good performance. An insult to the travelling fans.
He also said last game that WHU wasn't even that bad as journos making it out to be. Full delusion.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What do you mean the likes of AZ? They are a good team on a great run of form, scored 14 in their last six games.
I dont care if we lost that game. How many passes did we connect ? Isn't the same case since Feb ? Look at what Farke or Hassenhuttl is doing with much inferior teams. We are regressing at an alarming rate. The king (Ole) is naked. Sooner we realize it, better we would be.

Alabaster Codify7

A process.

A process usually shows some shoots of progress - small things, perhaps. Even tiny hints during 90mins of football, from week to week, that suggest that something somewhere within the team and club is improving. Something is clicking. Something looks to be developing.

Ole's United are regressing. It is undeniable. Every single game is showcasing a worse performance than the game before - the players look a little more clueless; the passing is a little less fluid; the energy levels are a little lower; the small injuries are recurring; the level of composure is slowly looking worse; the number of shots on target is getting lower.

We are witnessing a team slowly but surely regressing into nothingness.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer seems completely unable to halt this slow but sure regression in any way at all. He just stands on the touchline with a grin and somewhat vacant eyes, as do the rest of his coaching staff.

This club is heading in one direction only as it stands - bottom of the table. Unless by a miracle, Ole is able to stop the fall.

I’m actually starting to see this as a genuine thing, we’re painfully atrocious. Newcastle will be made look like a world class side against us on Saturday, you just know it.

I'm sticking a tenner on it this weekend. I don't actually think it'll happen, but I definitely see us involved in a relegation situation at some point this season. Nobody would have thought "yeah Leicester for the PL" seven games into the season either, would they? They were FAVOURITES to be relegated that year - that in itself is proof that once in a blue moon, something bonkers can happen in the PL.

We have the perfect storm, here - a shit squad made of up slow veterans with little motivation and green kids with no first team experience; a shockingly average coaching team, and what seems to be rock-bottom morale from manager to fans.

Clueless. Dan James as striker.

You can see why though, mate.

Ole's idea of attacking football is:

"Hit the ball long to a fast player who might do something really fast and it might end up with a really fast goal."

Dan James is really fast.

That appears to be the depth of Ole's strategic abilities so far.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
20:12
Solskjaer rues penalty decision
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been speaking about the penalty claim, Brandon Williams and Jesse Lingard to MUTV:

On the performance:

Very happy with the boys, we come away with a good performance. Should have been three points, a nailed on penalty. You cant even discuss it.

Good performance against a good opponent on a very bad surface.

On the penalty appeal:

I just couldn’t believe what I saw. Same as Arsenal, the handball that should have been 2-0. It’s frustrating now these little things because the boys deserve more.

On Brandon Williams:

Top class, top performance for a full debut. So happy for him. He’s got no fear, he’s brave, wants the ball, takes people on, tackles, he’s physical. So happy for him.

On the Europa League campaign:

If you get your draws away from home and win your home games you’ll be fine. We go to Belgrade wanting a win and that sets up up nicely.

On Lingard’s injury:

I think he felt his hamstring, I don’t think he’s too bad. Probably not Newcastle but ready for Liverpool.

Fair points, but you can't mention our pen, when they had a more obvious one, albeit the guy threw himself down

Daft Lad

No its not . Look there is no quick fix option and the sooner people realise that the better it will be.

There is no manager or players we can bring in which will get us back to the top now or anytime soon .

We have spent the last 6 years going backwards and wasting millions in doing so .

The only way back is this . Blooding in younger players and trusting them to improve over time which they will.

People keep talking how great the likes of Gomes is yet expect him to show it rightaway . Simply not going to happen but the more he and the others play thd better they will get .

I cant believe any Utd fan wants us to continue to repeat the mistakes of the past 6 tears throwing money at managers and changing our systems and personnel on a yearly badis and wondering why its not working.

Judging Ole now is madness
How about one thing? Judging Ole in his ability to get the best out of the squad. Doesnt matter what level you manage, the first assessment should always be on whether you can get the best out of the resources you have. I feel he is really short and our squad is better than what it’s showing.

BlueHaze

He's been coaching professionaly for 10 years and this is the kind of football his team plays.. Ole the player I'll love to death but the manager I despise. Our squad this year is shockingly poor but even so 5 wins in the last 22 is unforgivable. The football we are playing is on the verge of vomit inducing. He's been here for almost a year now and we are getting worse as time goes on.

This will for the rest of his career be the only chance he ever gets at a top club and look what he is doing with it. I had his back and he has disappointed me more than any manager post SAF. Our club is a circus from top to bottom but as a manager you have to work with what you have and make the best out of it. We want to see United play football and this is not football. It's a bunch of zombies running around the field incapable of even stringing 5 passes together.

Tel074

I'm all for giving Ole until this time next year at least but feck me I don't think I can cope watching such utter tripe week in week out . I honestly don't see us beating anyone atm . We have nothing going forward we create very little and we just don't score goals ... It's the hope that kills me

Kostur

海尔的老板
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been speaking about the penalty claim, Brandon Williams and Jesse Lingard to MUTV:

On the performance:

Very happy with the boys, we come away with a good performance. Should have been three points, a nailed on penalty. You cant even discuss it.

On the penalty appeal:

I just couldn’t believe what I saw. Same as Arsenal, the handball that should have been 2-0. It’s frustrating now these little things because the boys deserve more.
Yeah this is bad. I'll always take throwing shit players under the bus after shit performances over delusion and thinking everybody around you is as fecking deluded.

Kopral Jono

On the performance:

On the penalty appeal:

On Brandon Williams:

Top class, top performance for a full debut. So happy for him. He’s got no fear, he’s brave, wants the ball, takes people on, tackles, he’s physical. So happy for him.

On the Europa League campaign:

If you get your draws away from home and win your home games you’ll be fine. We go to Belgrade wanting a win and that sets up up nicely.

On Lingard’s injury:

I think he felt his hamstring, I don’t think he’s too bad. Probably not Newcastle but ready for Liverpool.
Jesus...

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I still back him but this is delusional stuff from Ole. Like he was watching a different match.

Reminds me of moyes near the end.

always_hoping

United's away record since that night in Paris back in March.

Lost 2-0 to Arsenal
Lost 2-1 to Wolves
Lost 2-1 to Wolves
Lost 3-0 to Barcelona
Lost 4-0 to Everton
Drew 1-1 with Huddersfield
Drew 1-1 with Wolves
Drew 1-1 With Southampton
Lost 2-0 to West Ham
Drew 0-0 with Az Alkmaar

Have to go back to 1989 with 11 away games without a win for a worse run and on top of that United currently have the worst start to a league campaign since 1989/90. I'm not one of those Ole outs posters but the longer this goes with and him choosing to play negative Jose like tactics and starting the likes of Mata,Matic the worse things will get not better.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure theirs was more obvious pal. They were both clear but Rashfords was stonewall!
I didn't have the best view, but the commentators on my stream didn't make too much fuss about it.
Sort of looked more like he was going to ground and their guy pulled out to me.

Infra-red

On the performance:

Looks like his plan is to be relentlessly positive, even when faced with circumstances where positivity is unwarranted, inappropriate or borderline pathological.

He presumably thinks that this will keep him in the job longer.

No other explanation for the drivel above.

Ziggy Starduster

A goal less draw or defeat this weekend in Newcastle and I think he will be sacked when the get humiliated by the Scousers.
This last few months have seen our play get worse and I just done see anything to suggest we will improve. No matter who plays, they look lost and clueless. I struggled to make out our formation tonight let alone a tactic.
I’m in my mid forties and this was as bad a United performance I can remember. So may poor, poor performances and they don’t even look like a bunch of guys who enjoy playing football - that is a worry.
I was adamant Ole was going to turn our club around. I think the only thing he will achieve is a relegation battle. Anyone who doesn’t think we can be dragged into a fight to avoid the drop is clearly not watching us this season.
Heartbreaking as a United fan.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Didn’t get to watch the match, guess it was a tumescent as most recent performances judging by this thread

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Looks like his plan is to be relentlessly positive, even when faced with circumstances where positivity is unwarranted, inappropriate or borderline pathological.

He presumably thinks that this will keep him in the job longer.

No other explanation for the drivel above.
It is really strange that he cannot appear to get angry in front of the camera. They could have had a penalty as well. We didn't have a shot on target and there's no saying a penalty would have changed that fact.

redshaw

Ole knows how shit it is but he's putting a brave face on it. He can't read the riot act and is forced to not panic and look even worse to the players. He's desperate to try and keep a lid on the mess.

I'm starting to feel like the players are counting down the days to his sacking unless we can get some life back when injured players return.

Jeffthered

You know I had the game on in the background whilst on the phone and working on laptop.

I cannot, genuinely, cannot recall us having a shot.

Did we have a shot?

If Ole thinks that is a good performance, then I am afraid to say, he is clearly making the team in his management image... lacking dynamics, no real strategy or plan at all.

I watch us, and it is like watching kids football. Scrappy, and not really making sense. But you expect that from kids football.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

On the performance:

On the penalty appeal:

0 shots on target all match, dominated by Alkmaar yet he's happy?

He has no shame does he? Ignorance is bliss. Living the dream as Man Utd manager whilst he drags us down to hell.

I will be so glad when he's gone, I predict he doesn't even make the end of the month.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm sorry but those post match comments were nothing short of embarrassing. If a Pool manager had said something similar after delivering a performance like that we would have laughed our asses off for weeks. Utter delusion.

Giggsyking

why the feck did the stupid CEO give him a permanent contract? have some self respect and resign Ole boring Solskjaer.

izec

We reach a new low every week. Surprised so many thought the relegation battle thread was a joke or a WUM, we are in serious trouble, way more than ever before. Our manager is deluded beyond belief, same as some of our fanbase and club. Someone needs to wake up quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.