g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

#6pogba

I'm 32 years of age and grew up at a time when Ole could do no wrong. He was my favourite player. I was so happy when he got the job, In my eyes Ole could do no wrong. Now with every game that goes by I constantly battle with myself trying to decide if I should support him still. Today I came to the realisation that he needs to go. And it pains me to say it but it's not working out. He looks like a lost man and I see the same look in his eyes I seen with David Moyes. Out of his depth. Please Ole for the good of the club move aside.

GBBQ

Im sure as a sane person he isn't expecting long term planning to produce results overnight.

Do people here know what long term means ?

We are not going to challenge this season or next. These performances are what we can expect if we are going to challenge in a few years time

Otherwise by repeatedly chopping and changing the manager we will keep going backwards for the next 20years,
Thinking Long term means accepting we might not be competing with City or Liverpool for a few seasons. I don’t think it stretches to being satisfied with being unable to get a shot on target against AZ Alkmaar.

I’ve not seen any kind of managerial nous from Ole since he signed the full time contract that would suggest he has a plan that is close to working. We’re struggling against run of the mill teams and haven’t scored more than one goal in a match since August. It’s not ideal to be sacking manager after manager but I also don’t know that we should persevere with someone who loves the club but is clearly out of their depth.

The players look bereft of ideas and we risk falling further behind our biggest rivals. Hard to see any positives from Ole’s football on the pitch.

United Hobbit

I love Ole for what he did for us as a player and while I like the signings hes made he is beginning to look like Moyes did towards the end, slumped in his seat looking completely helpless.

Yes he has been thrown under the bus by Ed, who let's not forget has survived 3 managerial fails and in my opinion needs to be moved to solely the corporate/ sponsorship side however Ole at least needs to try and show some of the passion he showed in his earlier games. Yes he is probably despairing as much as we are watching but it is his job to try and sort this out- if you're playing and the manager is just slumped in his chair what impression does that send out? Dare I say look at Klopp and Pep and the passion they show on the touchline. Inject some life into the players by showing some yourself. He says so many positive yes man things in his interviews but then contradicts it by sitting Moyes like during the games.

The problem is IF we sack him (5 wins in 22 BT said at the end which is a truly truly shocking stat) the cycle will continue if the problems above him arent sorted and we will potentially be in this position further down the line

We have had a manager who never should have been here (Moyes, again who appointed him) LVG who at least had some semblance of a plan in place and Jose who may be right in getting this team to 2nd may be his greatest achievement, before he had his classic 3rd season issue. Then we have Ole, loved by all at the club, yes he started fantastically but they were going to wait til the end of the season before choosing a permanent manager... oh wait...

Yes all have had a hand in causing their own downfall but why have 4 managers, 2 with massive CV's failed yet the bigger picture hasnt been looked into.

If we sack Ole the whole club needs ripping apart top to bottom and a complete overhaul before a new manager is even considered

Yagami

Good post resistant
He should stay. A new manager wont change a thing.
When I see a modern day, progressive manager fail here I'll start thinking like this.

Until then, I still think all we need is said coach and to back him. Post Fergie, none of the 4 managers we've hired have been of said style of manager.

lsd

The Oracle
Things should not be this bad in a transition phase. We've been in relegation form since February, we're averaging less than a goal per game, we have no wins in our last 10 away games and just 5 wins home/away in our last 22 games. We are getting progressively worse from game to game. All of the 'gains' supposedly made with regards to playing style in preseason (high tempo, pressing from the front, fluid attack) have fallen by the wayside.

This is not building for the future, or developing a system of play or blooding in young players, it is simply terminal decline.

No its not . Look there is no quick fix option and the sooner people realise that the better it will be.

There is no manager or players we can bring in which will get us back to the top now or anytime soon .

We have spent the last 6 years going backwards and wasting millions in doing so .

The only way back is this . Blooding in younger players and trusting them to improve over time which they will.

People keep talking how great the likes of Gomes is yet expect him to show it rightaway . Simply not going to happen but the more he and the others play thd better they will get .

I cant believe any Utd fan wants us to continue to repeat the mistakes of the past 6 tears throwing money at managers and changing our systems and personnel on a yearly badis and wondering why its not working.

Judging Ole now is madness

KennyBurner

5 wins in 22 games. Unless ole is sacked just prepare yourself for consistent misery this next 7 months. I can’t believe that after a few injuries we are back to these poor performances. If we don’t have martial and pogba in the team we will always struggle. There are no signs of a well drilled team I’m afraid.

To the NBA and NFL I go. It’s been a pleasure guys.

el3mel

No its not . Look there is no quick fix option and the sooner people realise that the better it will be.

There is no manager or players we can bring in which will get us back to the top now or anytime soon .

We have spent the last 6 years going backwards and wasting millions in doing so .

The only way back is this . Blooding in younger players and trusting them to improve over time which they will.

People keep talking how great the likes of Gomes is yet expect him to show it rightaway . Dimply not going to happen but the more he and the others play thd better they will get .

I cant believe any Utd fan wants us to continue to repeat the mistakes of the past 6 tears throwing money at managers and changing our systems and personnel on a yearly badis and wondering why its not working.

We're not asking to go to the top. We're just asking to play good football against trash teams.

Water Melon

No chance. Why would he. Be silly of him to do so, really. He has the job of his dreams and if he steps down i assume he'll be losing out on a pretty penny.
Agreed, he will not. No club in any of Europe's top leagues will want him, so no chance of him missing out on few millions.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I bet he feels horrible. I feel horrible, it's worse because of who he is.
I get it, but it's only going to get worse from here. We're progressively getting worse each match to the point where we can't even manage a shot on target in the whole match now. Haven't won away in what feels like forever, with this month being full of away games, the only home game being Liverpool, i mean come on. He's going to get humiliated even more if he stays.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Nope, we are in 11th so not near relegation.
You write that as if you are proud to be in 11th.
We are in 10th, btw.
I've said from before the Summer started that Ole will be fired in 2019 and I still stand by that.
The problem we have is that nothing will change if Ole is replace - the next manager will come in and also be fired within 2 seasons.
I'd much rather Woodward be fired, than Ole. This will be a positive long term change.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We're not asking to go to the top. We're just asking to play good football against trash teams.
Exactly.Its pretty laughable when people say we need couple of signings to play well against the likes of AZ or 10 man Southampton .

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Imagine being in a position where you are as incompetent in your profession as he is. Surely your sense of self-esteem would be utterly non-existent?

mu4c_20le

Exactly.Its pretty laughable when people say we need couple of signings to play well against the likes of AZ or 10 man Southampton .
What do you mean the likes of AZ? They are a good team on a great run of form, scored 14 in their last six games.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Or Rochdale. I knew this season was going to be tough but all I wanted to see this season was Ole implement a style of play and for us be an entertaining side to watch. He's failed miserably at both.

Tony247

This club needs 3 midfield players. Beg borrow or steal but collect 500m and spend it on 3 midifielders in Jan. We are getting slaughered in midfield game after game. Strikers can do zilch if no midifield exists to feed them.

Massive trouble ahead this year.

IrishMcD

People think we need a striker in January and that will sort us out. A striker will do nothing with the way we play. Ronaldo himself would struggle to have a shot on target. Ole is out of his depth, massively and I fear I can see hi. Panicking in January and spending massive money on dross like Wilson and Rice.

C'est Moi Cantona

People keep talking how great the likes of Gomes is yet expect him to show it rightaway . Simply not going to happen but the more he and the others play thd better they will get .

Pep Guaddiola or Donald Duck, the reality is nothing is going to change until we see genuine change at the club, so cling onto the belief that we are now doing things the right way all you want, but we are merely just marking time until we finally move on.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
20:12
Solskjaer rues penalty decision
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been speaking about the penalty claim, Brandon Williams and Jesse Lingard to MUTV:

On the performance:

Very happy with the boys, we come away with a good performance. Should have been three points, a nailed on penalty. You cant even discuss it.

Good performance against a good opponent on a very bad surface.

On the penalty appeal:

I just couldn’t believe what I saw. Same as Arsenal, the handball that should have been 2-0. It’s frustrating now these little things because the boys deserve more.

On Brandon Williams:

Top class, top performance for a full debut. So happy for him. He’s got no fear, he’s brave, wants the ball, takes people on, tackles, he’s physical. So happy for him.

On the Europa League campaign:

If you get your draws away from home and win your home games you’ll be fine. We go to Belgrade wanting a win and that sets up up nicely.

On Lingard’s injury:

I think he felt his hamstring, I don’t think he’s too bad. Probably not Newcastle but ready for Liverpool.

LARulz

Has he done his post match interview and said we were unlucky, progressing and Rome wasn't built in a day?

Litch

Not the best players in a red shirt but there's been worse. Better manager would get a better tune out of this team...

el3mel

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been speaking about the penalty claim, Brandon Williams and Jesse Lingard to MUTV:

On the performance:

Very happy with the boys, we come away with a good performance. Should have been three points, a nailed on penalty. You cant even discuss it.

:lol::lol:

He's totally deluded.

LARulz

On the performance:

On the penalty appeal:

I just couldn’t believe what I saw. Same as Arsenal, the handball that should have been 2-0. It’s frustrating now these little things because the boys deserve more.

On Brandon Williams:

Top class, top performance for a full debut. So happy for him. He’s got no fear, he’s brave, wants the ball, takes people on, tackles, he’s physical. So happy for him.

If you get your draws away from home and win your home games you’ll be fine. We go to Belgrade wanting a win and that sets up up nicely.

On Lingard’s injury:

I think he felt his hamstring, I don’t think he’s too bad. Probably not Newcastle but ready for Liverpool.
Is this real?

dove

On the performance:

On the penalty appeal:

On Brandon Williams:

On Lingard’s injury:

No way he said that, it would be too much even for Moyes :lol:

vangagal

On the performance:

On the penalty appeal:

On Brandon Williams:

On Lingard’s injury:

:lol:

Tom Van Persie

No relation

On the performance:

On the penalty appeal:

On Brandon Williams:

On Lingard’s injury:

feck me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.