Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
There's light and day between crowing "20 times" and slamming Ole for bringing up some good memories ahead of the biggest game we've played in years and acting like Pool are already champions :lol:
Yeah, because saying he needs to drop the 1999 talk is me "slamming him" ffs :D

Bringing up good memories...That's what we used to mock Liverpool for. How the tables have turned...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
One manager arrived last year and has had time to work with the squad that finished 2nd last season. The other arrived last month and took over a team that got eliminated by Ajax ffs. How on earth can you compare the two?
He also managed basically the same team less than a year ago. People talk like someone like him would have turned our squad of misfits into world beaters, all we had to do was 'wait until the end of the season' and not give Ole the job.

Maybe having Ronaldo helped? But apparently for us these players are good enough and it's all on the manager if we lose any game.

Revaulx

Nah, I can't register any excitement.
None of those players do anything for me, with the exception of Pogba but, his arsey attitude and his inconsistency boils my piss. Lingard being today's version of Danny fecking Wallace, Phil Jones just waiting to sit on the detonator, Young punting balls in the air, Martial feeling a slight breeze and deciding he's not arsed tonight, Ole still talking about fecking 1999...

Meanwhile, Custard teeth across the way, fist pumping the Kop, with the League trophy between his teeth...
Unfair. Wallace was great at Southampton and his poor form at United was not helped by developing multiple sclerosis.

Edit: Ole constantly harking back to the past is beginning to annoy me though. I’d rather he talked about the way he turned things round at Molde, though I suppose he thinks people wouldn’t be impressed.

TRUERED89

One manager arrived last year and has had time to work with the squad that finished 2nd last season. The other arrived last month and took over a team that got eliminated by Ajax ffs. How on earth can you compare the two?
Zidane worked with that squad for 3 years, there's no difference bar Ronaldo, its his team! Ole's situation is more difficult! Having to take over from Jose with worse players than Madrid & still get amazing results! With no signings and an unprecedented injury crisis! Madrid are facing reality without Ronaldo, and Zidane is in for one hell of a ride you can guarantee that!

deadrevelz

None of those players do anything for me, with the exception of Pogba but, his arsey attitude and his inconsistency boils my piss. Lingard being today's version of Danny fecking Wallace, Phil Jones just waiting to sit on the detonator, Young punting balls in the air, Martial feeling a slight breeze and deciding he's not arsed tonight, Ole still talking about fecking 1999...

Meanwhile, Custard teeth across the way, fist pumping the Kop, with the League trophy between his teeth...
You do realise Ole isn't talking about 1999 by choice don't you? He gets asked about it constantly, just like the questions about Fergie. It's 20 years since he scored the winning goal in the CL at the very ground we're about to play in ffs and we have to overturn a one goal deficit. It would be bizarre if he wasn't asked about it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Of course he is. It's one of the most iconic moments in football and it's the 20th anniversary this year plus he's asked about it in every single interview so what's he supposed to do?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Unfair. Wallace was great at Southampton and his poor form at United was not helped by developing multiple sclerosis.

Edit: Ole constantly harking back to the past is beginning to annoy me though. I’d rather he talked about the way he turned things round at Molde, though I suppose he thinks people wouldn’t be impressed.[/QUOTE]

There were some quotes going around over the weekend that Solskjaer won't park in the manager's car space because that should be reserved for Sir Alex Ferguson. https://www.football365.com/news/ogs-refuses-to-park-in-man-utd-managers-spot-due-to-saf

deadrevelz

Shouting (ALL CAPS)
Where's the new manager bounce?

Where's the HONEYMOON PERIOD?!

EVEN PAUL INCE COULD HAVE WON THAT GAME MANAGING REAL MADRID!!!!

.Rossi

Edit: Ole constantly harking back to the past is beginning to annoy me though. I’d rather he talked about the way he turned things round at Molde, though I suppose he thinks people wouldn’t be impressed.
Didn't know that about the MS

.Rossi

You do realise Ole isn't talking about 1999 by choice don't you? He gets asked about it constantly, just like the questions about Fergie. It's 20 years since he scored the winning goal in the CL at the very ground we're about to play in ffs and we have to overturn a one goal deficit. It would be bizarre if he wasn't asked about it.
Of course he is. It's one of the most iconic moments in football and it's the 20th anniversary this year plus he's asked about it in every single interview so what's he supposed to do?
He won't park in the manager's space because he says it still belongs to Fergie...

That is really grating and I love Ole!

Tom Van Persie

No relation

He won two league titles at Molde and you don't think people would find that impressive? And he's not 'harking back to the past' he's asked by journalists and reporters in every interview about his past at United and politely answers these questions because why the feck wouldn't he? He's part of Manchester United history.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
They won't. I remember saying this back before Jose went. I said if Jose got fired they'd turn on the new guy at the first sign of a few iffy results.

Half of them say the players we have are not even top 6 quality but still expect United to win every game 3-0 playing great football from minute 1.

It's some kind of odd mental affliction I think. Related to anxiety or something. They find watching United be anything other than the best team so utterly unbearable it brings on panic attacks and stress. If we aren't 4-0 up after 20 minutes they lose their fecking minds.
This pretty much, the 2nd line is especially true.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
They won't. I remember saying this back before Jose went. I said if Jose got fired they'd turn on the new guy at the first sign of a few iffy results.

Half of them say the players we have are not even top 6 quality but still expect United to win every game 3-0 playing great football from minute 1.

It's some kind of odd mental affliction I think. Related to anxiety or something. They find watching United be anything other than the best team so utterly unbearable it brings on panic attacks and stress. If we aren't 4-0 up after 20 minutes they lose their fecking minds.
Spot on.

.Rossi

Not read the thread but, who has turned on him?

Revaulx

He won two league titles at Molde and you don't think people would find that impressive?
No I don’t. It’s a league people know nothing about as it doesn’t feature on the back pages of the red tops. Unfair and ignorant, but that’s the way it is.
And he's not 'harking back to the past' he's asked by journalists and reporters in every interview about his past at United and politely answers these questions because why the feck wouldn't he? He's part of Manchester United history.
Regarding just the Barca presser, I agree. He dealt with the questions politely but succinctly, and was more interested in talking about his recent visits to the Nou Camp. Maybe he’s making a conscious effort to move on; if so, that’s encouraging.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He can't do anything about individual players having brainfarts but playing Young after all his disgraceful performances recently is totally on him.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
He can't do anything about individual players having brainfarts but playing Young after all his disgraceful performances recently is totally on him.
In this match its Young, Rojo who is worse or a 19 year old who is much better going forward in his wrong position.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Most definitely. The signs were there and for whatever reason hes continually played Young. Thats on Ole.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Agree.

dove

In this match its Young, Rojo who is worse or a 19 year old who is much better going forward in his wrong position.
It's hardly only this match, Young is pretty much the first player on the teamsheet. It's on the manager.

bleedred

Yes. Completely agree.

Having said that, we should be firing the moron first, who extended his contract.

AndyJ1985

If He keeps starting Young (and making him captain) he can feck off. I'm sick of every manager having their favourites who are shite and everyone but them can see it.

SungSam7

I feel as a massive fan of OGS, I can only turn a blind eye for so long before you actually flip out. He is a nice guy and all, but he needs to figure out does he value his job more or Youngs? Ashley Young should not even be considered to come off the bench at any point, let alone start. Nothing can be said about DDG, brainfart, nothing the manager can do about that, but this Young situation is getting old!

lysglimt

Scout
So who would you have start at left back ?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Sorry for saying this but I didn't want Ole to get the job and I think we're in for an unpleasant upcoming season

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What is his record since he became a permanent manager?

Skills

Snitch
Would be interesting to see what the odds are on him making it past Christmas.
Almost certain. It'll be impossible to sack him, the board will be terrified of the backlash. Look how long it took to sack Mourinho?

Status
Not open for further replies.