Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
And who would you have him starting instead? Dalot defensively is not ready yet, we saw that against West Ham. And Lukaku Rashford and Martial in the same side has rarely worked. Its all good criticising the manager but he is not the one who led us into this position.
Yeah Young's defensive nous is really doing wonders for us

Aloysius's Back 3

We are not good and we don't have enough world class players.

Put the world's best manager for this team and they are achieving sh*t all.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You were never too bothered when people criticised Mourinho. But now everyones a prick for having a go at the manager? What a hypocrite
He was shit! He’s the reason we’re in this mess.

Ole hasn’t signed anyone. Half of you are acting like he’s an idiot because he had a choice of:

Young,
Rojo,
Darmien,
Dalot.

All of them. Are. Not. Good. Enough

Aloysius's Back 3

You were never too bothered when people criticised Mourinho. But now everyones a prick for having a go at the manager? What a hypocrite
Mourinho had nearly 3 years here & no one would take a loss to Barcelona to be the reason to belittle him.

Barcelona are consistently one of the 2 world's best teams & no manager is changing that.

We need better players first before we start questioning the manager.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That's all well and good but he's persisting with young who should have been binned ages ago. That's on Ole.

Kapardin

The question is, had we waited until the end of the season to make a decision, would he still have been offered the job?
He wouldn't. You can't say he did a "wonderful" job unless he actually finishes said "wonderful job" -- getting us into the top 4. Otherwise, he has done exactly as a caretaker manager would, get us into 5th or 6th after a minor bounce. Obviously, the PSG game was an anomaly.

However, now that he has got the job, I think he can still get us comfortably 3rd in the league next season if not title contenders so long as our transfer activity is on point. So I am not too perturbed by it so long as we sign good players since his style of play (counter attacking or the high pressing we saw initially) suits the league.

BlueHaze

Ole hasn’t signed anyone. Half of you are acting like he’s an idiot because he had a choice of:

Young,
Rojo,
Darmien,
Dalot.

I'd say Woodward and the board are responsible for that. They all knew what was going to happen but decided to ignore the warning signs in pre season. Then threw away half a season until they were literally forced to get rid.

Kag

Young,
Rojo,
Darmien,
Dalot.

Indeed. If Ole is still playing these guys (not Dalot, who will turn out fine) next season then he will be responsible for that.

Comparing Mourinho to Ole is simply unfair.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The question is, had we waited until the end of the season to make a decision, would he still have been offered the job?
No, no fan would want him for permanent role now if he hadn't already been given it.

But the Glazers are saving the 20m that getting Pochettino would've cost, so they pulled the trigger while fans were swept up.

UncleBob

Singling out individual players after they got their second is absurd, the entire team crumbled and accepted defeat, everyone lost faith after it and that's it.

UncleBob

No, no fan would want him for permanent role now if he hadn't already been given it.

But the Glazers are saving the 20m that getting Pochettino would've cost, so they pulled the trigger while fans were swept up.
Christ

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall

All proper fans still want, guess you are not one of them.. :rolleyes:

Denis79

Speak for yourself, I'm dissapointed he has a man crush on Young but other than that he's doing well considering the state of this club.

Chairman Steve

If Guardiola hypothetically had this squad, I don’t think he’d fare much better. It’s the most clusterfeck high profile squad in Europe.

SammyUnited_83

I honestly think he will do well to see out 2 seasons. That's not a criticism of him but the expectation levels versus where we actually are, are huge.

We are miles off, you could genuinely see the need to change 6 players. With that in mind, even the best manager would need luck for that level of recruitment.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
All proper fans still want, guess you are not one of them.. :rolleyes:
Whatever, I care about the club, and I know that's true.

I also want to be proven wrong with OGS.

But if you seriously think that people would still be calling for him to be given the permanent role based on this then you're daft.

People don't wanna admit that they're wrong - it's the same thing that saw millions of people saying 'give Moyes time'.

SammyUnited_83

Whatever, I care about the club, and I know that's true.

I also want to be proven wrong with OGS.

But if you seriously think that people would still be calling for him to be given the permanent role based on this then you're daft.

People don't wanna admit that they're wrong - it's the same thing that saw millions of people saying 'give Moyes time'.
Whilst I think you make the point harshly, I do think there is truth in what you say.

Ironically the club said and tried to do all the right things, but ultimately they failed once again.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
We have a United legend as manager who is relatively young, understands the club and will learn as he goes. Losing to a far superior side tonight (as well as the recent leggy performances) won't stop me from being excited about what Ole might do here.

Ridiculous to start writing him off and claiming he isn't up to it.

soaphroniscuss

Please, this whole forum was begging for Ole to be made permanent so that he could start planning for next season.

What’s changed? We knew the honeymoon would end soon and we knew there was a lot of work to do in the market.

You guys need patience - how we started tonight was great and it’s just stupid defensive/GK errors that’s robbed us.

Ole has until 2022 - that’ll show us whether he’s good.
erm no.

opopop

Think his first big test is who he gets rid of in the summer.

Letting only Rojo, Valencia and Darmian while keeping the likes of Young, Jones, Lingard etc. as either first 11 or the 1st subs to be used is just going to mean more of the same. Struggling to play good football and struggling to get near Champions League.

It'll be interesting to see what he does.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Should have waited until the end of the season to make an appointment. I thought that even when we were winning.

Firing Mou was the not the only answer (Hiring him was a mistake) ...but we needed to solve more than just him. Nothing has changed.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Meh. I dont blame Ole too much but I cant get past the feeling that we rushed his appointment. We've shown we're capable of beating good teams but these past two games against Barca have been dreadful. We havent even tested their obviously shakey defence.

PoTMS

Not convinced by him tbh. Don't want him or but think we were way too hasty in giving him a long term contract. I find myself baffled by some of his tactics and team selection.

BulgarianDevil91

What the actual hell am I reading? Are people drunk, stupid or both? I am genuinely disgusted by some of the replies here. Should keep me well off the sire for some time now. Christ.

SammyUnited_83

We have a United legend as manager who is relatively young, understands the club and will learn as he goes. Losing to a far superior side tonight (as well as the recent leggy performances) won't stop me from being excited about what Ole might do here.

Ridiculous to start writing him off and claiming he isn't up to it.
Playing devils advocate it would have been ridiculous to claim he was up for it / even mention him for the job a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.