Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

You're wrong. Ole needs time. At least 2 years. Buy his own XI first. Then you are free to judge him.
Not sure if serious but you don't need a complete new XI to play good football, people are not demanding title winning form they are just disgusted by the failure to rein relegation form since he was made permanent. Right now we are just drifting and when, not if, he gets sacked the damage to our season will be irreparable which will also affect the summer rebuild as no serious, first rate talented player, will want to play for a club in turmoil when they could rack in titles across the road or down the M62.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not sure if serious but you don't need a complete new XI to play good football, people are not demanding title winning form they are just disgusted by the failure to rein relegation form since he was made permanent. Right now we are just drifting and when, not if, he gets sacked the damage to our season will be irreparable which will also affect the summer rebuild as no serious, first rate talented player, will want to play for a club in turmoil when they could rack in titles across the road or down the M62.
I should have added white text.

Robbie Boy

And you think the anti-Ole boy scouts over here are a lot more saner?
Anti-Ole? Not sure what that is. All I see is people commenting on a manager clearly out of his depth and commenting on what is happening. Not sure why anyone would be ‘anti’ to a club legend. We all would have loved him to succeed but it’s been a mess and he isn’t up to the job. No idea what you’re on about with anti-Ole posters.

The pro-Ole posters are the ones not offering any footballing related rationale as to why he should stay. They spout pointless drivel about Fergie being given time, what Ole did as a player and come up with nonsense hypothetical scenarios. None of that forms any basis to putting forward an argument to keep Ole.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Anti-Ole? Not sure what that is. All I see is people commenting on a manager clearly out of his depth and commenting on what is happening. Not sure why anyone would be ‘anti’ to a club legend. We all would have loved him to succeed but it’s been a mess and he isn’t up to the job. No idea what you’re on about with anti-Ole posters.

The pro-Ole posters are the ones not offering any footballing related rationale as to why he should stay. They spout pointless drivel about Fergie being given time, what Ole did as a player and come up with nonsense hypothetical scenarios. None of that forms any basis to putting forward an argument to keep Ole.
Exactly this. Love Ole the player. Not so the manager.

dev1l

In short those who agree with your point of view are mentally sane, those who don't aren't...
:)

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
:lol: :lol:

Class. He also has Mr Sanctimonious (@Grylte) and The Muscle (@SteveW).
I am not an Ole fanboy at all - You lot are making up things i say. I could literally not care if it was Ole or Souness who was our manager, as long as i see what their plan is, and agree with it.
And no, i do not think our football or results are good now.

If there's anything else, please send me a PM and we discuss it there, tired of you talking to, or about me, for things that are not true.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
In short those who agree with your point of view are mentally sane, those who don't aren't...
:)
You've obviously been given the role of spouting false equivalencies. I hope you're properly qualified.

Robbie Boy

I am not an Ole fanboy at all - You lot are making up things i say. I could literally not care if it was Ole or Souness who was our manager, as long as i see what their plan is, and agree with it.

If there's anything else, please send me a PM and we discuss it there, tired of you talking to, or about me, for things that are not true.
So what’s this plan you see that Ole has? Genuinely interested.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
WOOOOOOAH now. Am a I reading this correctly, are you holding my post up as an example of someone calling Ole a cnut?

Because if so you have completely misread it, that final line is me 'talking to Woodward' as is the entire post, about Ed Woodward's ridiculously good level of manipulation of the United fanbase. I'm congratulating him for being a massive cnut and getting away with it.

If you didn't misread it, and it was just an example of someone you think is a twat, then fair enough.
No, it was a mistake on my part as I thought you were talking about Ole with the whole 'he's a cnut' post. It wasn't until after I replied that I discovered you were referring to Woody.

I agree, for what it's worth, Woody is a cnut :)

Grylte

So what’s this plan you see that Ole has? Genuinely interested.
Well, not sure if plan was the right word, but i like the way he tries to rebuild the team with young hungry players who wants to be here, instead of big names and a quick fix, like the previous two.
It looks like a long term plan, more than short term. The players he got in have arguably been our 3 best this season. And i'm sure he wanted more, and is aware of what we're lacking, but didn't get the backing from Ed.
No more Di Maria, BFS, Falcao, etc.

dev1l

You've obviously been given the role of spouting false equivalencies. I hope you're properly qualified.
I dont pretend that I m qualified (unlike most experts over here). I stick to what I ve said and prefer to leave judgement to those reading what I posted.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’m basically saying you can not compare as if social media was around in Fergie’s time based on what we know of our football club our players would have been the most famous and probably active.
Again, you're lying to yourself if Fergie would have tolerated say, Lingard spouting out his social media shit today about his brands.

Not every club is like that. Take a look at how Pep openly criticised Mendy at City for social media. It's got nothing to do with the times today versus 10 years ago. Ralph Hassenhuttle apparently banned WiFi in the hotel the day before matchdays in that good season he had last year.

Some managers just deal with it better. We don't.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Is a criminal a criminal? I don’t know what you’re trying to explain. How you like you’re twits is up to you. But doesn’t mean they are who they are. Neymar carried a whole country Keane left his because of flat footballs.
Keane was a captain with a capital C, he would run through walls for the club and always demanded 100% from himself and his teammates. Just because he part took in some shithousery on the pitch does not mean he was a bad character. Neymar on the other hand is the kind of bad character that can create a bad mood in a team just because of his massive ego and shite attitude

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Well, not sure if plan was the right word, but i like the way he tries to rebuild the team with young hungry players who wants to be here, instead of big names and a quick fix, like the previous two.
It looks like a long term plan, more than short term. The players he got in have arguably been our 3 best this season. And i'm sure he wanted more, and is aware of what we're lacking, but didn't get the backing from Ed.
I'm not sure how true that is. We were in for Dybala last summer - the player confirming as much in a recent interview - only failing to land him due to a contractual issue as far as I'm aware.

But I do think our transfer strategy heavily involves the purchase of young hungry players, for the most part, rather than the quick-fix mercenary types that have failed us in recent years.

Foxbatt

You can get hundreds of young players who wants to be here but the problem with that is they would simply be not good enough.
This is a myth that the players are not good enough. The team that Ole inherited was 2nd in the PL.
As for the three players he bought two of them would be the choice of most members of even CAF.
Jose tried to get Maguire too. You don't need to be a genius to see that we needed a CB and a RB.
As for James by all accounts it was Giggs who strongly pushed him.
What bothers people now is that he has no clue. Look at what Leicester is doing now with a manager who took over this season. That's proper coaching and he even lost his best CB to us. .
Ole should be sacked now before he relegates us.

Grylte

I'm not sure how true that is. We were in for Dybala last summer - the player confirming as much in a recent interview - only failing to land him due to a contractual issue as far as I'm aware.

But I do think our transfer strategy heavily involves the purchase of young hungry players, for the most part, rather than the quick-fix mercenary types that have failed us in recent years.
I was under the impression that Dybala didn't really want to come here, unless we paid a lot, so we pulled out to not do another Di Maria.

I would be happy if Ole could use his Norwegian connections, and sign Håland and Ødegaard. Think they'd do amazing here.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Again, you're lying to yourself if Fergie would have tolerated say, Lingard spouting out his social media shit today about his brands.

Not every club is like that. Take a look at how Pep openly criticised Mendy at City for social media. It's got nothing to do with the times today versus 10 years ago. Ralph Hassenhuttle apparently banned WiFi in the hotel the day before matchdays in that good season he had last year.

Fergie would have shut that down instantly. He put a gag-order on all of our young players concerning the press as a means to protect them. It didn't do them any harm, did it?

It can't be stated enough just how much we miss that man's leadership both on and off the field.

Grylte

This is a myth that the players are not good enough. The team that Ole inherited was 2nd in the PL.
And still, while being 2nd, most on here agreed that plenty of our players weren't good enough.
We are seriously lacking in midfield, and i think that's the main problem with our lack of scoring goals.
Better midfield and we'd be in or around top 4 now.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

You bring it all on yourself with half-baked defences of Solskjaer in the United forum followed up by self-important dross in the 'Is the United Forum Safe to go into yet' thread. Take some responsibility.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I was under the impression that Dybala didn't really want to come here, unless we paid a lot, so we pulled out to not do another Di Maria.

I would be happy if Ole could use his Norwegian connections, and sign Håland and Ødegaard. Think they'd do amazing here.
I'm not 100% on the hows or whys we failed to land him, only that we were definitely in for him in the summer. Reckon we'll make another run at him next summer.

Odegaard looks a great prospect. I don't know much about the other lad to be honest, my knowledge outside the prem is minimal at best.

Grylte

You bring it all on yourself with half-baked defences of Solskjaer in the United forum followed up by self-important dross in the 'Is the United Forum Safe to go into yet' thread. Take some responsibility.
So one is not allowed to have other opinions about how the club is doing? It's considered defending Solskjær because i don't want to change manager every year?
I swear, half the forum would love the Saudis to buy the club, and become another PSG.

That thread is fun, actually, atleast more fun than reading all the dramaqueen posts in the football forum during or after a match.
Self-important? Please explain. I have tried to say this before, in other discussions, but i think the way i translate from my language to English, make me sound different than how i am and what people think i mean.
It's the only way i know how to speak English, so don't think i can change that.

90 + 5min

Who needs enemies when you have anti-Ole and anti-Unted fans who would love to see team lose so they can prove some point. Point that is bulid on how and what manager does and not what has happened, in what state we are as a club and team and so on. If you think this is all on Oles shoulder you are wrong. Simple. This negativity from the fans is one of the reasons that it looks like this at the club.

I'm not saying Ole is and will be our next great coach but some common sense wouldn't be bad.

TsuWave

My god, is he allowed to say that on here?

A multimillionaire with a £5m gaf rented out to a scouser last year who could have left us when he wasn’t so rich many years ago for more money.

He should be banned.
you just said you want somebody to die of an inoperable disease, and you have the nerve to ask for someone to be banned all because they don't think greatly of Ole? are you ok?

Mainoldo

Keane was a captain with a capital C, he would run through walls for the club and always demanded 100% from himself and his teammates. Just because he part took in some shithousery on the pitch does not mean he was a bad character. Neymar on the other hand is the kind of bad character that can create a bad mood in a team just because of his massive ego and shite attitude
The contradiction is comedy. Anyway we are talking about two world class players and we are 14th. Let’s not overdo it.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Who needs enemies when you have anti-Ole and anti-Unted fans who would love to see team lose so they can prove some point. Point that is bulid on how and what manager does and not what has happened, in what state we are as a club and team and so on. If you think this is all on Oles shoulder you are wrong. Simple. This negativity from the fans is one of the reasons that it looks like this at the club.

I'm not saying Ole is and will be our next great coach but some common sense wouldn't be bad.
Care to quote the ones who have written these posts?

M16Red

I’m not giving him credit for selling players that wanted to leave. We had a good base under Mourinho. We’ve had a base for a while. Just no-one has been able to build on it. 4 years no bloody right winger.
Four years? Who was the winger four years ago? If you say Mata im deleting the world wide web...

I would say Ole has started with the defence, normally you sell defenders and bring new ones in.. he didn't just do that he sold / got rid allover the team and this has bit him back, weird thing is I don't know of we'd be in a better position if we kept them?! They were shocking.

Mainoldo

Did you not see Bernardo Silva? Let’s not talk about Peps iron fist social media lock down. Sterling is one of my favourites.

You fail to recognise how big our club is. We are front page news.

90 + 5min

Care to quote the ones who have written these posts?
There are lot of them. Just look at Norwich - ManUTd match-thread.

"Probably a bad thing to say, but I hope we lose badly the faster we sink the faster we can get back to the top. There's no point in extending this agony"

"honestly im tempted to wish for a loss just to see how bad this could get. Be like a football manager run where you just screw around and see what the board puts up with."

Mainoldo

Four years? Who was the winger four years ago? If you say Mata im deleting the world wide web...

I would say Ole has started with the defence, normally you sell defenders and bring new ones in.. he didn't just do that he sold / got rid allover the team and this has bit him back, weird thing is I don't know of we'd be in a better position if we kept them?! They were shocking.
Di Maria

Which progressive attacking coach starts a rebuild in defence?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Will Ole still be in charge this many games into next season?

I don't think he will.

Mainoldo

Fergie would have shut that down instantly. He put a gag-order on all of our young players concerning the press as a means to protect them. It didn't do them any harm, did it?

It can't be stated enough just how much we miss that man's leadership both on and off the field.
We are like Liverpool history teachers these days. Let’s concentrate on the here and now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Will Ole still be in charge this many games into next season?

I don't think he will.
Think he will get January window and the summer one. If he hasn't improved us with that many signings then he would be in trouble. I just think they have put this season down to rebuilding.

Mainoldo

Think he will get January window and the summer one. If he hasn't improved us with that many signings then he would be in trouble. I just think they have put this season down to rebuilding.
If he’s still in charge who is dumb enough to come to us the summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Did you not see Bernardo Silva? Let’s not talk about Peps iron fist social media lock down. Sterling is one of my favourites.

You fail to recognise how big our club is. We are front page news.
It's less related to content and more about volume. Mendy was frequently doing it in respect to others where his professionalism was questioned. Bernado silva only gave one contravettial post FFS, its not like that single post distracted him from his duties on the pitch.

Man Utd became far far too lose from 2012 onwards, not any before. That's beyond debate to be honest.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yeah he wished death on someone it’s disgusting. Quite frankly, you should be too for showing solidarity with someone who posted such a disgusting comment.
Quite frankly, you can take your sanctimony elsewhere. Showing solidarity? Where do I co-sign his comments?

I haven’t said his ban was wrong. I disagreed with the guy a lot but quite enjoyed his input.

Go into numerous player/manager threads for our own & opposition players & you’ll find racism along with many other phobias but this is the cross you choose to die on - jog on.

You can't be serious.
Yes, I can. Typical one liner with absolutely no bloody value.

I haven’t disagreed with the ban, I just find the levels of punishment on this forum inconsistent.

It’s telling how some members can’t wait to fire off a one liner about my opinion on a forum member making a booze fuelled ill comment yet stay quiet once other ills on the forum raise their head.

In the nature of the forum, your post is an idiot.

You have report option. Mods won’t be reading every post in every thread.
Fair point, I moderated a forum once but perhaps [only a suggestion] when a thread is headed with certain terms a mod should observe a thread more keenly.

I haven’t/don’t co-sign wishing death on anyone but the inconsistency in punishment can be startling.

Status
Not open for further replies.