Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Who needs enemies when you have anti-Ole and anti-Unted fans who would love to see team lose so they can prove some point. Point that is bulid on how and what manager does and not what has happened, in what state we are as a club and team and so on. If you think this is all on Oles shoulder you are wrong. Simple. This negativity from the fans is one of the reasons that it looks like this at the club.

I'm not saying Ole is and will be our next great coach but some common sense wouldn't be bad.
You’re not really saying anything really. Just talking shite and making up imaginary arguments.

Robbie Boy

Quite frankly, you can take your sanctimony elsewhere. Showing solidarity? Where do I co-sign his comments?

I haven’t said his ban was wrong. I disagreed with the guy a lot but quite enjoyed his input.

Go into numerous player/manager threads for our own & opposition players & you’ll find racism along with many other phobias but this is the cross you choose to die on - jog on.

Yes, I can. Typical one liner with absolutely no bloody value.

I haven’t disagreed with the ban, I just find the levels of punishment on this forum inconsistent.

It’s telling how some members can’t wait to fire off a one liner about my opinion on a forum member making a booze fuelled ill comment yet stay quiet once other ills on the forum raise their head.

In the nature of the forum, your post is an idiot.

Fair point, I moderated a forum once but perhaps [only a suggestion] when a thread is headed with certain terms a mod should observe a thread more keenly.

I haven’t/don’t co-sign wishing death on anyone but the inconsistency in punishment can be startling.
Should have been a ban from the whole internet tbf. Wholeheartedly disgusting behavior.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The contradiction is comedy. Anyway we are talking about two world class players and we are 14th. Let’s not overdo it.
You seriously think Keane and Neymar are the same? Keane was no angel, but hes as far from Neymar as can imagine.

And its not that i dont want us to sign good players. I just dont want us to sign another Di Maria or Sanchez

Judas

Open to offers
Will Ole still be in charge this many games into next season?

I don't think he will.
The only way is if he deserves to be and we're showing massive improvement than we currently are.

So no he won't be. I think there's a slim chance he gets the January window, but no hope he's here for the summer window.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

There are lot of them. Just look at Norwich - ManUTd match-thread.

"Probably a bad thing to say, but I hope we lose badly the faster we sink the faster we can get back to the top. There's no point in extending this agony"

"honestly im tempted to wish for a loss just to see how bad this could get. Be like a football manager run where you just screw around and see what the board puts up with."
They're very few posters and the matchday thread has become a cesspool where everybody tries to vent his anger and frustration for quite some time now. If i were you, i wouldn't take anything written in there very seriously. It was the same with LvG, Mourinho and Moyes. Even Ferguson's first-team selections and tactics were causing a lot of moaning. And those were the good days.

I wouldn't go as far as to blame the fans for our current predicament. All fans can do is react to what they are seeing with their own eyes. I also don't believe there's a single soul out there that believes that Solskjaer is the only one to blame for the mess we find ourselves in. But not being a part of the problem doesn't mean that you're a part of the solution. The bad thing is that, if you're not offering any solutions, you soon become a part of the problem yourself. This is what people are arguing about, whether Solskjaer is a part of the problem already or not. At least until the football and the results improve.

Personally, i hope and pray for him to salvage whatever can be salvaged from our season. We made some terrible decisions last summer regarding the capabilities of the squad and the academy. Decisions that he may not have been 100% responsible for but nevertheless he chose to back them and provide full cover for the men who were responsible. Solskajer himself has talked about short-term targets and the goal of a top-four finish, after all. So, blaming Woodward and acting like we're the worst team in the land that doesn't deserve to be higher than 14th with 2/9 wins, no matter who's the man sitting on the edge of the bench, doesn't quite make a good defence of his work over the last 10 months. Of course, you're going to get posters who will use shameful adjectives and say bitter things but this doesn't prevent Solskjaer from teaching patterns of football at Carrington. Last time i checked, he still considers them to be a "vocal minority in the social media" and nothing that impedes him, his staff and the players from doing their jobs.

Mainoldo

It's less related to content and more about volume. Mendy was frequently doing it in respect to others where his professionalism was questioned. Bernado silva only gave one contravettial post FFS, its not like that single post distracted him from his duties on the pitch.

Man Utd became far far too lose from 2012 onwards, not any before. That's beyond debate to be honest.
I follow Jesse Lingard on Snapchat. He snaps once to twice a month. It’s hardly entertaining or frequent. Do you expect them not to text people either because it interrupts there on the pitch life. What you are saying is insane and stupid. Stop making excuses for us being a poor team. It has nothing to do with social media and culture. Jesse Lingard for example was raised in SAF’s culture he was raised in United’s peak successful times.

MisterLupus

Like Jose had his 4 staunch acolytes on here. Ole has the Grimm reaper (@fergiesarmy1), MisterLooper (@MisterLupus) and Sugar Puffs (@Class of 63). Each is more mental than the last.
I'm flattered - especially considering I haven't even made up my mind in regards to Ole yet. By the way aggressive responses is a defense mechanism - fight, flight or freeze. So tell me - why are you guys feeling so threatened by anyone disagreeing with you? Why so scared? Afraid history might end up proving you morons maybe?

Either way I'm glad I don't have to be you or any of the muppets you're parroting in here. Must be tiresome acting so obsessed all the time - not even getting paid for your futile efforts.

M16Red

Di Maria

Which progressive attacking coach starts a rebuild in defence?
He played on the left most of the time and was here like one season.

It's the same as building a house foundations are needed for trust. Klopp started with his forwards, it wasn't until he got a good keeper and defender they really started pushing.

We needed a new.. well everything.. next needs to be that midfield and one CF (hold up player) in Jan. At the start of the season I was thinking a DM but now I think we are in need of a creative CM more. That is only because the defence is better and we now seem to close the space down better in the opponents attacking third.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I follow Jesse Lingard on Snapchat. He snaps once to twice a month. It’s hardly entertaining or frequent. Do you expect them not to text people either because it interrupts there on the pitch life. What you are saying is insane and stupid. Stop making excuses for us being a poor team. It has nothing to do with social media and culture. Jesse Lingard for example was raised in SAF’s culture he was raised in United’s peak successful times.
I'm not making any excuses for us being a poor team. You clearly struggle to comprehend posts. He's shite regardless but his professionalism is what angers me.

This rubbish ideology that you have of us being submissive to social media pre Woodward is outright false and laughable. Fergie wouldn't have stood for half the shit we've seen since Woody became prominent.

I've given examples of managers clamping down on social media, examples of how late we were as a club in adapting to social media channels and youre still harping out about nonsense like Alexa. Or Jesse lingard posting a bit on snapchat, ignoring his Instagram highlighted stories bigging up his personal brand and other avenues to distract him from football.

Jesse Lingard actually became prominent in the first team post Ferguson. Your last sentence is again just false. He started posting his brand and hyping his persona post Ferguson, and you're trying to claim the media hype was always there, go figure.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I'm flattered - especially considering I haven't even made up my mind in regards to Ole yet. By the way aggressive responses is a defense mechanism - fight, flight or freeze. So tell me - why are you guys feeling so threatened by anyone disagreeing with you? Why so scared? Afraid history might end up proving you morons maybe?

Either way I'm glad I don't have to be you or any of the muppets you're parroting in here. Must be tiresome acting so obsessed all the time - not even getting paid for your futile efforts.
No one is complimenting your trademark highfalutin pseudo-intellectual posting style so I wouldn't be too flattered.

Mainoldo

He played on the left most of the time and was here like one season.

It's the same as building a house foundations are needed for trust. Klopp started with his forwards, it wasn't until he got a good keeper and defender they really started pushing.

We needed a new.. well everything.. next needs to be that midfield and one CF (hold up player) in Jan. At the start of the season I was thinking a DM but now I think we are in need of a creative CM more. That is only because the defence is better and we now seem to close the space down better in the opponents attacking third.
That wasn’t my point. My point was the position hasn’t been addressed. I don’t care if they was a success or not. We tried to by Pedro and Mane and haven’t tried to fix it since. It’s a joke.

Let’s be honest we are all transfer junkies me included. But we only sign 3 players a year line marvellous Ed clearly made us aware of. So with that in mind we need to maximise our resources and fix the most glaring positions. We had like 6 CB’s already we wasn’t amazing but it could have got us top 4. Like you said the midfield and attack was more important.

Mainoldo

I'm not making any excuses for us being a poor team. You clearly struggle to comprehend posts. He's shite regardless but his professionalism is what angers me.

This rubbish ideology that you have of us being submissive to social media pre Woodward is outright false and laughable. Fergie wouldn't have stood for half the shit we've seen since Woody became prominent.

I've given examples of managers clamping down on social media, examples of how late we were as a club in adapting to social media channels and youre still harping out about nonsense like Alexa. Or Jesse lingard posting a bit on snapchat, ignoring his Instagram highlighted stories bigging up his personal brand and other avenues to distract him from football.

Jesse Lingard actually became prominent in the first team post Ferguson. Your last sentence is again just false. He started posting his brand and hyping his persona post Ferguson, and you're trying to claim the media hype was always there, go figure.
This whole conversation is laughable. David Beckham is probably the most marketable footballer of all time. CR7 behind him.. we are famous for making the number 7 jersey famous we have arguable the biggest worldwide following and are advertised all over the world. Don’t try and explain to me we are not media savvy.

Roy Keane use to have punch ups every other week is that professional? Stop chatting made up sh!t.

Robbie Boy

No one is complimenting your trademark highfalutin pseudo-intellectual posting style so I wouldn't be too flattered.
You’ve nailed his posting style. Not sure what the deal is with these pseudo-intellectual posters around here these days. They’re so transparent it’s untrue. Does anyone, literally anybody at all, think any of these people are intellectual?

MisterLupus

Yet I am. My pseudo-intellect must have hit some pseudo-nerve because I've never seen a higher degree of butthurt anywhere on the internet than what I'm getting from you lot. I mean seriously - and be honest now because considering how threatened you all act flocking together like this lashing out at everyone not taking part of your cute little clique here - I feel it's fair to ask: Have you pissed your pants yet?

Laughable bunch - but hey by all means keep reinforcing each other - keep following the same path usually wandered by rambling inferiority complexes. It's a fun psychological experiment observing you all. I may not take you serious - in fact I'm laughing out loud of your over-the-top emotional responses - but despite being utterly ridiculous you are actually teaching me something here.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This whole conversation is laughable. David Beckham is probably the most marketable footballer of all time. CR7 behind him.. we are famous for making the number 7 jersey famous we have arguable the biggest worldwide following and are advertised all over the world. Don’t try and explain to me we are not media savvy.

Roy Keane use to have punch ups every other week is that professional? Stop chatting made up sh!t.
David Beckham was flogged off by Fergie because he was getting too distracted in being a star and Ronaldo was one of the greatest talents in the world, who was also second to none in his hard work.

Congratulations in proving yourself wrong. You included an example of a player whose distractions weren't tolerated at the club :lol:

90 + 5min

They're very few posters and the matchday thread has become a cesspool where everybody tries to vent his anger and frustration for quite some time now. If i were you, i wouldn't take anything written in there very seriously. It was the same with LvG, Mourinho and Moyes. Even Ferguson's first-team selections and tactics were causing a lot of moaning. And those were the good days.

I wouldn't go as far as to blame the fans for our current predicament. All fans can do is react to what they are seeing with their own eyes. I also don't believe there's a single soul out there that believes that Solskjaer is the only one to blame for the mess we find ourselves in. But not being a part of the problem doesn't mean that you're a part of the solution. The bad thing is that, if you're not offering any solutions, you soon become a part of the problem yourself. This is what people are arguing about, whether Solskjaer is a part of the problem already or not. At least until the football and the results improve.

Personally, i hope and pray for him to salvage whatever can be salvaged from our season. We made some terrible decisions last summer regarding the capabilities of the squad and the academy. Decisions that he may not have been 100% responsible for but nevertheless he chose to back them and provide full cover for the men who were responsible. Solskajer himself has talked about short-term targets and the goal of a top-four finish, after all. So, blaming Woodward and acting like we're the worst team in the land that doesn't deserve to be higher than 14th with 2/9 wins, no matter who's the man sitting on the edge of the bench, doesn't quite make a good defence of his work over the last 10 months. Of course, you're going to get posters who will use shameful adjectives and say bitter things but this doesn't prevent Solskjaer from teaching patterns of football at Carrington. Last time i checked, he still considers them to be a "vocal minority in the social media" and nothing that impedes him, his staff and the players from doing their jobs.
People got to give managers time. I was and will (probably) be on every managers side until I don't see some improvement because I don't think that any one of them would be doing things to make them bad. I believe that they were and are doing what they think is right for the club. I don't have to always agree with those decisions but I am prepared to give them time.

What I mean when I'm throwing in fans in the mix of what has gone wrong is that we as fans got to support the team to the max. Sure, supporting gives you some right to criticize but in some way you can't do what many here are doing without understanding all aspects. Reality is not like Football Manager where you can start new season whenever you want and buy whatever you want. They think that getting rid of Ole and replacing him with other manager (1000 names in here) means suddenly Premier League title. It is not that simple. Have Ole done wrong in some of his decisions? No doubt. Have he got right in some? Yes.

We have had two excellent worldclass coaches in vanGaal and Mourinho before Ole but still couldn't stop this downfall. The problems goes deeper then Ole.

Foxbatt

LVG and Jose were a plus compared to Moyes. They all won trophies. They didn't have us getting dragged into a relegation zone.
Honestly there is no improvement in the football we have played under Ole this season and at the end of last season.
The man is incompetent and would any other big club appoint him as the manager? Of course not.
Yes Woodward is an imbecile to appoint him as a manager and he would be a bigger imbecile to keep him as the manager.

Anustart89

Central to the argument to keeping Ole is the notion that managers have to be given time.

Over the last 20 years, can anyone point to an example of a manager who has gone on a run this bad at any club, let alone one of the clubs with the biggest resources available in the world, and managed to turn it around?

We’re already seeing Rodgers’ impact at Leicester and Potter’s at Brighton. Howe’s impact at Bournemouth was obvious as was Pochettino’s at Southampton.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Central to the argument to keeping Ole is the notion that managers have to be given time.

Over the last 20 years, can anyone point to an example of a manager who has gone on a run this bad at any club, let alone one of the clubs with the biggest resources available in the world, and managed to turn it around?

We’re already seeing Rodgers’ impact at Leicester and Potter’s at Brighton. Howe’s impact at Bournemouth was obvious as was Pochettino’s at Southampton.
Managers should be given time to win trophies for sure if the impact of the manager can be seen on the pitch. Rodgers has completely turned Leicester around and it’s no fluke they are where they are in the league.

Eddie Howe has had a great career and his work at Bournemouth has been fantastic.

Same with Poch. You can see the work of a good manager when the players are on the pitch. Sadly, and I do have lots of love for Ole, we are not seeing any evidence of anything.

Anustart89

Managers should be given time to win trophies for sure if the impact of the manager can be seen on the pitch. Rodgers has completely turned Leicester around and it’s no fluke they are where they are in the league.

Eddie Howe has had a great career and his work at Bournemouth has been fantastic.

Same with Poch. You can see the work of a good manager when the players are on the pitch. Sadly, and I do have lots of love for Ole, we are not seeing any evidence of anything.
If it wasn’t clear that was exactly the point I was making.

when referring to the run I wasn’t referring to results alone but results in combination with style of play and general managerial impact. In Ole’s case, results and general impact on playing style are about the same.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
LVG and Jose were a plus compared to Moyes. They all won trophies. They didn't have us getting dragged into a relegation zone.
Honestly there is no improvement in the football we have played under Ole this season and at the end of last season.
The man is incompetent and would any other big club appoint him as the manager? Of course not.
Yes Woodward is an imbecile to appoint him as a manager and he would be a bigger imbecile to keep him as the manager.
Another sound assessment.
You are particularly correct about no other club would have appointed Ole. Not as interim and especially not as full time.
Just look at what Lampard has done so far at Chelsea and Rogers at Leicester.
I get the strong impression that after a good start the players have found Ole out. And we know what happens then...
I am sure that he is trying his best but at this level there really is no hiding your limitations.
I am convinced that he will be given more time.
But you should not act on sentiments or emotions.
You absolutely have to deal with logic and data.
But hey...this is Manchester United where nothing makes sense.

Sterling Archer

Perfectly summed up.

And interestingly, none of those managers came in and stripped the squad bare citing a culture rebuild. They may well get those six transfer windows but they've built upon what's there season after season beginning with the first.

Even Manchester City didn't just come in and send away the likes of Richards, Ireland etc. They added quality to what they had and took a few years to filter out the midtable dross. The way we've gone about it is more naive than the first time a kid plays Football manager or FIFA. It's frankly absurd and the quality of football to follow has been equally naive.

Volumiza

If it wasn’t clear that was exactly the point I was making.

when referring to the run I wasn’t referring to results alone but results in combination with style of play and general managerial impact. In Ole’s case, results and general impact on playing style are about the same.
Yes mate, I was agreeing with you :)

Mainoldo

David Beckham was flogged off by Fergie because he was getting too distracted in being a star and Ronaldo was one of the greatest talents in the world, who was also second to none in his hard work.

Congratulations in proving yourself wrong. You included an example of a player whose distractions weren't tolerated at the club :lol:
He sold David Beckham because he was too distracted by being a star? So only when he sold him was the only time he was distracted. Not when he married a Pop star, not when he was signing hair cream deals? Just when he had movies named after him?

That why he sold Ronaldo too.. he opened his own clothing store as soon as he left us.

Volumiza

And interestingly, none of those managers came in and stripped the squad bare citing a culture rebuild. They may well get those six transfer windows but they've built upon what's there season after season beginning with the first
Great point. Very poor management from Ole. I’m not saying he was, or is, wrong but the way it’s been done is ridiculous and highlighted his inexperience.

Foxbatt

He sold David Beckham because he was too distracted by being a star? So only when he sold him was the only time he was distracted. Not when he married a Pop star, not when he was signing hair cream deals? Just when he had movies named after him?

That why he sold Ronaldo too.. he opened his own clothing store as soon as he left us.
If you have been following United then you should know that SAF had issues with Beckham because of the distraction and other issues about his pop star culture. You should read SAF's quotes on this.
As for Ronaldo he wanted to go to Madrid and SAF agreed to let him go but asked him to stay one more year and Ronaldo agreed. He didn't sell Ronaldo because he wanted to kick him out. He let him go because they came to an understanding.

theklr

Another sound assessment.
You are particularly correct about no other club would have appointed Ole. Not as interim and especially not as full time.
Just look at what Lampard has done so far at Chelsea and Rogers at Leicester.
I get the strong impression that after a good start the players have found Ole out. And we know what happens then...
I am sure that he is trying his best but at this level there really is no hiding your limitations.
I am convinced that he will be given more time.
But you should not act on sentiments or emotions.
You absolutely have to deal with logic and data.
But hey...this is Manchester United where nothing makes sense.
Both Leicester and Chelsea has a far superior squad, even without our current injuries. They are both better managers though, no doubt

Mainoldo

You seriously think Keane and Neymar are the same? Keane was no angel, but hes as far from Neymar as can imagine.

And its not that i dont want us to sign good players. I just dont want us to sign another Di Maria or Sanchez
What has Neymar done any different? You just don’t like him probably as a footballer or how you think his personality is?

Di Maria and Alexis are just unfortunate circumstances. Alexis clearly came here for the money as he had his eye set on City. So his ambition was all wrong from the start. But we have to blame or club environment we clearly had no intention of winning the league. Di Maria as much as I hate him.. just didn’t settled.

Those circumstances have nothing to do with us identifying the wrong kind of player. If that’s the case they would have not been successful anywhere else. But Di Maria was successful at Madrid and Alexis at Arsenal.

90 + 5min

First. We don't have those resources people think we have. We are not bottomless pit. A member here posted documents about our economy a while ago. People should take a good look at that.

Second. Leicester won Premier League not long ago. That impact you are talking about is overrated. Ranieri won League with them. Won league!

When it comes to Howe, he has been at Bournmouth for more then 10 year in different periods. Last one is streching from 2012 to present. That's seven years work we are seeing. And if you are impressed with that then fine. Sure, Bournmouth is no big gun. But talking about some impact? After 7 years?

Brighton and Potter? Impact? Really? And I've talked about Pochettino a lot so that can been seen in his thread.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

If you have been following United then you should know that SAF had issues with Beckham because of the distraction and other issues about his pop star culture. You should read SAF's quotes on this.
As for Ronaldo he wanted to go to Madrid and SAF agreed to let him go but asked him to stay one more year and Ronaldo agreed. He didn't sell Ronaldo because he wanted to kick him out. He let him go because they came to an understanding.
You’ve missed the bigger conversation. I know why Ronaldo left. I was talking about United not allowing celebrity status (social media) to be associated with the club. Like Woodward changed the narrative.

Untd55

First. We don't have those resources people think we have. We are not bottomless pit. A member here posted documents about our economy a while ago. People should take a good look at that.

Second. Leicester won Premier League not long ago. That impact you are talking about is overrated. Ranieri won League with them. Won league!

When it comes to Howe, he has been at Bournmouth for more then 10 year in different periods. Last one is streching from 2012 to present. That's seven years work we are seeing. And if you are impressed with that then fine. Sure, Bournmouth is no big gun. But talking about some impact? After 7 years?

Brighton and Potter? Impact? Really? And I've talked about Pochettino a lot so that can been seen in his thread.
Howe has taken Bournemouth from division two and has turned them into a stable mid-table Premier League side. Yes, that is a massive impact. Solskjaer wouldn't be able to do that in a million years.

Potter has Brighton playing attractive football in a couple of months. Solskjaer has us playing dire football with better players and almost a year as manager. It should not take that long to show any impact.

These managers have made noticeable impacts at these clubs, over a longer time (Howe) and in a shorter time (Potter). It just emphasises the massive failure that Solskjaer is.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

He sold David Beckham when his media and brand attention was getting too distracting for the player to focus on his football.

His marriage is his own business, and the movie had feck all to do with his input. Its not like he directed or produced it for fecksake:lol:

Mainoldo

He sold David Beckham when his media and brand attention was getting too distracting for the player to focus on his football.

His marriage is his own business, and the movie had feck all to do with his input. Its not like he directed or produced it for fecksake:lol:
Alright. Was he right?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Alright. Was he right?
Yes, he was replaced by Ronaldo and it worked out well enough.

Also Ronaldo was a special talent. Ferguson always allowed the special talents to get a certain pass on some rules, to my knowledge it was Cantona too, because Keane mentioned he complained to Ferguson to which he said "when you play like him you can do what he does too".

But this is Jesse fecking Lingard.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yes, he was replaced by Ronaldo and it worked out well enough.

Also Ronaldo was a special talent. Ferguson always allowed the special talents to get a certain pass on some rules, to my knowledge it was Cantona too, because Keane mentioned he complained to Ferguson to which he said "when you play like him you can do what he does too".

But this is Jesse fecking Lingard.
I don't remember, was Beckham sold before or after Ronaldo was acquired ?

Status
Not open for further replies.