Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
No, it's because they have a worst defence in the league and getting relegated.
And we finally had the attack to take advantage of it. Honestly it must be depressing to want to see the misery in what was a good performance

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Amazing that having your best striker back makes a difference to how you attack as a team?

Who knew?

Yes I’m being smug but hopefully that will shut a few people up saying we’re in a relegation battle.

I’ve said it many times if you take the two best creative players out of any team in the PL bar Man City they would struggle and look how different today was with our best striker.
Ole has been unlucky with injuries, that is certain.

Leaving the squad so bare behind the first eleven was a real mistake though.

But if we can play Martial-Rashford-James, with Pogba behind for the majority of the games we may just make it to the next transfer windows and give Ole a chance to progress.
A huge last week for him - losing the two league games could have been curtains

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What exactly did you see out there?
Martial and Rashford linked up well today - combining brilliantly for the third.

We showed a lot more penetration today, too. I felt that we were capable of scoring at any given moment, which I haven't felt for some time. It can't be a coincidence that Martial returned to the starting lineup after a lengthy layoff - during which we have struggled to create chances let alone score them.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Maybe have a look at their position, results and stats in the league and you will know why they have been all over the place.
Regardless we put them under immense pressure. Look at the Rochdale game
(A far worse side than Norwich) and this and you can clearly see the difference in attack.

el3mel

No, it's because they have a worst defence in the league and getting relegated.
I feel like some don't know anything about them bar that City game.

Norwich, Southampton and Watford are the worst 3 teams in the league and are getting relegated this season.

This was always supposed to be a comfortable night at the office but it shows the nose dive drop of standards for some that they are all over a win against such team.

90 + 5min

We should not make to much of this win. Easy win and job well done. Hopefully this will give us more confidence. I'm glad he can at least put a finger on his lips to the doomsday supporters. Very good game from him and his staff. People say it is only Norwich. Last week was only Liverpool. What people have to understand, what few of us is telling, is when we are helthy we can play and win games.

Oh, I see that we are infront of the allmighty Poch-team. How wierd. ;)

AndyMUFC

Pleased for him. Hopefully we can keep players fit now. Martial coming back has allowed us to stop playing Pereira right wing and relying on Rashford as our main goalscorer so it should make the world of difference.

el3mel

Regardless we put them under immense pressure. Look at the Rochdale game
(A far worse side than Norwich) and this and you can clearly see the difference in attack.
They are shite mate. One of the worst teams in the league. Move on.

We are going to win several games in the league you know. No one said we aren't winning again for the rest of the season. Believe it or not there are really some worse teams in the league than us.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Ole has been unlucky with injuries, that is certain.

Leaving the squad so bare behind the first eleven was a real mistake though.

But if we can play Martial-Rashford-James, with Pogba behind for the majority of the games we may just make it to the next transfer windows and give Ole a chance to progress.
A huge last week for him - losing the two league games could have been curtains
He had very little choice but to have the squad as is. Are we honestly saying he shouldn’t have got shot of Sanchez and Lukaku? It’s not his fault a back up wasn’t brought in he said he wanted one!

I’ve said it since day one he just needs a bit of faith and a fit first XI and we’ll be fine for the season. Keep Pogba and Martial fit and we’ll break down teams like we did today.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

We are going to win several games in the league you know. No one said we aren't winning again for the rest of the season. Believe it or not there are really some worse teams in the league than us.
And mate we’ve been struggling against the shite teams without our best players...

Im happy with the win and happy to see that we have a very good attacker in Marital back fit. Long may it continue.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

We lost to Newcastle only a couple of weeks ago and they are rock bottom.

You can't take anything for granted in the prem.

el3mel

And mate we’ve been struggling against the shite teams without our best players...

Im happy with the win and happy to see that we have a very good attacker in Marital back fit. Long may it continue.
I'm happy with the win but let's put some perspective to it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He had very little choice but to have the squad as is. Are we honestly saying he shouldn’t have got shot of Sanchez and Lukaku? It’s not his fault a back up wasn’t brought in he said he wanted one!

I’ve said it since day one he just needs a bit of faith and a fit first XI and we’ll be fine for the season. Keep Pogba and Martial fit and we’ll break down teams like we did today.
He could have brought more than 3 players in. We had months to arrange these things.
He even said himself he wouldn't let Lukaku go without a replacement.

If Martial and Rashford stay fit we can get away with it. But we're 3months into the season and Martial has already missed about 7-8 weeks of that.

settembrini

Hopefully the doom mongers are happier after a decent week for United. Only team to take points off Liverpool followed by two away wins.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
On the one hamd it was Norwich who are arguably the worst team in the league.
On the other hand, we looked like sh*t againts Partizan just 3 days ago, so even that is not a given.

Lets see if Ole can build on that. If Shaw and Pogba would return soon thay would probably help as well

dove

And we finally had the attack to take advantage of it. Honestly it must be depressing to want to see the misery in what was a good performance
What? I said multiple times that it was a good game overall but we should not get ahead of ourselves as it was a fecking Norwich.

Untd55

This is not a time for Solskjaer supports to say 'we told you so'. We are still coming off a period of 25 games with only a 24% win rate. We also just came off a game playing like absolute dross against Partizan midweek, so these poor performances have not yet been put behind us.

This was a good performance against a weak side. There needs to be a lot more improvement and better performances before there is anything to stand on.

There were still some issues in that performance which can be capitalised on by better teams. Mctominay and Fred are very easy to dispossess when pressed; Norwich got into some very good areas but completely screwed up; finishing is still erratic, particularly penalties; this game did not test our ability to break down a more organised and better defensive side (they have conceded 24 goals in 10 games).

It was positive today, but there are still major issues that need to be rectified.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I'm happy with the win but let's put some perspective to it.
The perspective is the Caf has been depressing and not representative of the regular match goer! And so people need to appreciate that actually losing your best attacker makes a huge impact on any side and it doesn’t make
Ole suddenly shit.

I’m fed up of people slating Ole when we are injured throughout the core of our creativity which would cripple any side coming up against low blocks. Now with Martial back I fully expect to see an improvement to our attacking play.

Without your best attackers you will struggle against anyone look at the Newcastle game.
He could have brought more than 3 players in. We had months to arrange these things.
He even said himself he wouldn't let Lukaku go without a replacement.

If Martial and Rashford stay fit we can get away with it. But we're 3months into the season and Martial has already missed about 7-8 weeks of that.
Is Ole the person who negotiates for the players?

Ole wanted 4/5 Signings he got 3 he wanted who have been great so far. It is not his fault we didn’t get another CM and Striker in too. He let Lukaku go expecting a replacement. Our transfer negotiators didn’t get that sorted not Ole’s fault!

So you’re saying if we have our best players fit we might play well? But I thought Ole was rubbish and couldn’t get the team winning or playing football?

Im not saying you btw but sometimes this place is a joke.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
This is not a time for Solskjaer supports to say 'we told you so'. We are still coming off a period of 25 games with only a 24% win rate. We also just came off a game playing like absolute dross against Partizan midweek, so these poor performances have not yet been put behind us.

This was a good performance against a weak side. There needs to be a lot more improvement and better performances before there is anything to stand on.

There were still some issues in that performance which can be capitalised on by better teams. Mctominay and Fred are very easy to dispossess when pressed; Norwich got into some very good areas but completely screwed up; finishing is still erratic, particularly penalties; this game did not test our ability to break down a more organised and better defensive side (they have conceded 24 goals in 10 games).
I’ll say it now then keep Martial and Pogba fit and we win games. Lose your two best players and you struggle more.

We will be fine. Feel free to quote this if even with Martial and Pogba fit we struggle.

Gomes

Martial and Rashford linked up well today - combining brilliantly for the third.

We showed a lot more penetration today, too. I felt that we were capable of scoring at any given moment, which I haven't felt for some time. It can't be a coincidence that Martial returned to the starting lineup after a lengthy layoff - during which we have struggled to create chances let alone score them.
Beautiful goal no doubt. I didn't think there was much else between them. Norwich was also awful defensively, continuously kept backing off.
Won't except much of Martial either. He has always been patchy. Sure, he was just coming back, but he was completely crap on Thursday.

SteveW

It's really hard to carry 4/5 players at this level. Getting Martial and AWB has helped a pile.

Untd55

I’ll say it now then keep Martial and Pogba fit and we win games. Lose your two best players and you struggle more.

We will be fine. Feel free to quote this if even with Martial and Pogba fit we struggle.
We should win more, but it is not guaranteed. We went through a very poor period at the end of last season with the full team fit, Martial and Pogba included.

I am happy that we are playing Martial in the striker role, though. I think he can score a lot of goals there that will help, rather than being stuck out on the left.

There are question marks around Pogba, though. Will he fully engage whilst clearly wanting out? That is concern, though he is certainly our best player when on peak form.

el3mel

The perspective is the Caf has been depressing and not representative of the regular match goer! And so people need to appreciate that actually losing your best attacker makes a huge impact on any side and it doesn’t make
Ole suddenly shit.

I’m fed up of people slating Ole when we are injured throughout the core of our creativity which would cripple any side coming up against low blocks. Now with Martial back I fully expect to see an improvement to our attacking play.

Without your best attackers you will struggle against anyone look at the Newcastle game.

Ole wanted 4/5 Signings he got 3 he wanted who have been great so far. It is not his fault we didn’t get another CM and Striker in too. He let Lukaku go expecting a replacement. Our transfer negotiators didn’t get that sorted not Ole’s fault!

So you’re saying if we have our best players fit we might play well? But I thought Ole was rubbish and couldn’t get the team winning or playing football?

Martial played when we lost to Palace at home.

Weird to get annoyed about fans slaughtering a manager who hasn't been good at his job more than being annoyed about the actual team results.

Untd55

Bournemouth are up next, followed by Brighton, Sheffield, and Villa.

All very winnable games.
Sheffield will be an interesting one. A very organised side that does not concede many goals. They have only conceded 8 in 10; joint best defensive record with Liverpool and Leicester.

It will be a test of our creativity and ability to beat these type of teams. It will be a difficult one for this team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is all in your head my guy. We live in a social media world where if you don’t like someone’s post they think you’ve fallen out with them. But you don’t except football to have the same trajectory? What world do you live in? Next you will be telling me where are a lot more political correct as a Club these days to when Fergie was in charge. He would never allow a United women’s team. Takes away the focus from the first team.

You’re just chatting crap. But I’m not surprised most United fans are stuck in the past. Hence why we accept half the stuff that goes on now. We fail to move on.
You have no clue what you're on about. It's so clear you argue for the sake of arguing and don't even know what the topic is. It's not worth continuing this :lol:

Anyway, that's back to back improvements from Ole. Surprised we are so far from Leicester and Chelsea but we will need a solid winter to bridge it. Doable but ambitious.

JPB

When Pogba and Shaw get back our first team should be pretty decent. We still need 3 major signings, a replacement for Young, Lindelof and Fred. Ole could do something with that. But a couple of injuries and we are fecked. The backups are total garbage. We need a lot more strength in depth. Especially in midfield.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ole suddenly shit.

The manager has more say than you're giving him credit for I think.

it's hard to get caught along by the "current". If we'd have lost to Liverpool and today for example, it'd be very hard to still back Ole. I myself admit to having massive doubts and ticking the "Ole out" bit on the poll.

Sitting 7th feels like a lot of the pressure has lifted.
Still nowhere near good enough, but up to 7th and with the away league win monkey off our back. Martial back, decent fixtures ahead for a bit, pressure has lifted massively. Maybe he can make January after all!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When Pogba and Shaw get back our first team should be pretty decent. We still need 3 major signings, a replacement for Young, Lindelof and Fred. Ole could do something with that. But a couple of injuries and we are fecked. The backups are total garbage. We need a lot more strength in depth. Especially in midfield.
Yep the first 11 is competitive. We've probably only fielded it about 2-3 times.

If we bed James in on the right, maybe that's one big signing less than needs to be made. But that centre mid certainly needs beefing up, and Lindelöf definitely needs an upgrade.
Shaw has to be on borrowed time unless he has a fit and in form rest of season.

Alabaster Codify7

He did well today but come on, Norwich's style of play is there to be dissected by a counter-attacking side and they played right into Ole's one-and-only-tactic.

That being said, it was a good, solid, professional performance with a fair bit of upside. Great to get multiple goals, not great to miss TWO penalties (is there nobody in this squad we can rely on to take this on a permanent basis and be remotely consistent?). Great to get an away and great to get that confidence boost.

Next few league games are all 'winnable' so let's hope we can keep climbing the table. I see a real tricky midweeker coming up though.....not confident at Chelsea.

In Rainbows

Great performance today from the team. Hope to see more of that. Hopefully our football starts to get better. I'm rooting for him.

alexthelion

I’m arguing that there is a scale of priorities when it comes to transfers and if you know you are only getting 3-4 max. Then a CB isn’t the most important.
Yet everyone and their monkey was saying to get rid of the Chuckle Brothers. One's gone and now we should have kept him :lol:

The hypocrisy of the "Ole Out" brigade.

Also, could do with a lot less of the insults aimed at Ole, it's not big or clever.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

@Pexbo could learn a thing or two.

Womp

idiot
Wanting him out isn't the result of one game, especially when we beat a team that Villa beat 5-1. Even in this game, a lot of our good stuff came when we were afforded space, it's already known we can be quite good when we are given space, with our pace. Where we look fecking clueless is when teams don't afford us that space, or are a better attacking unit than us.

Was a good result, but I'm afraid it's going to need more than that to convince me.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Wanting him out isn't the result of one game, especially when we beat a team that Villa beat 5-1. Even in this game, a lot of our good stuff came when we were afforded space, it's already known we can be quite good when we are given space, with our pace. Where we look fecking clueless is when teams don't afford us that space, or are a better attacking unit than us.

Was a good result, but I'm afraid it's going to need more than that to convince me.
That space comes from having Martial, Rashford and James in a front three stretching the defence instead of Mata or Lingard on the wings. Its no coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.