Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

Making the most senior player in the squad captain in a meaningless game is definitely a reason to abuse Ole. What an imbecile :lol:
Who would you give it to? He's the most senior player on the pitch. There are many things you can criticise Ole for, but for this? Just shows you have an agenda.
First of all, he is not the most senior player, Grant can be his grandad, and since when is that the criteria for being a captain? You either are captain material or you are not, that is why Maguire got the armband despite joining just in the summer. And on top of that Tuanzebe was already captaining once, despite others with more experience being on the pitch. Yeah my agenda is obvious, but Ole's is non existent and you will defend to death.
He also sent him to play in the 2nd team in the middle of the weak right down in Kazakhstan or about 4800 kilometers from Manchester while the starters will get a rest. Which means he lost most of the faith he had in him at the start of the season when he was regular.

Not hard to get, but yeah, Ole is an imbecile.
He's been back into the fold as soon as he recovered from the injury and Ole instantly gave him gametime. Yeah he lost his place, to another incompetent Ole favorite in Pereira, it took the manager half a season is seems, and the team being on 17 fecking points in the league, it's December.

Ole, has demonstrated much bigger problems in his management than him being an imbecile, being a United legend gave him a leeway others would not get. Despite that, me calling him an imbecile far from the end of the world.

always_hoping

That season we had a manager with three European trophies on his resume.
Point is finished 2nd in group and it didn't matter then and unlikely to do so now. I attended all of the home knock out ties back then and that little bit of luck to win ties was as much to thank for than Joses European winning CV.

Kostov

The only one making a major fool out of themselves is you. All our first team players are in Manchester. Lingard is dragged on this trip because he needs match fitness, because he sits on the bench now a days. Chill the feck out and stop embarrassing yourself.
Wow, taking a Manchester United player paid 100k a week on a trip in a privately owned charter flight, placed in the finest hotels and playing games for a club he supposedly loves, is dragging him? He does not need a match fitness, he needs to move to a lesser club, but that is not the point here. The manager giving him the captain's armband, despite him performing disgracefully for a long time is the problem, the same guy talks about the United way and keeping some values. Then fans like you have a problem when other fans call him out on the hypocrisy.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
AZ Alkmaar 2nd in the Dutch league are far from a straightforward game. United have dropped points to worse teams at home already this season and i don't expect United to play close to a full strength team for that match either.
We're at home against a team who would be midtable in the PL at best. We should be winning it. It's straightforward, it's routine. Whether we do win or not is another matter.

90 + 5min

I see that Anti-Ole brigade is awake.

Absolutly ridiculous to have a go at Ole. He did what any normal manager would do. Some of you should realy take whatever you have infront of your Eyes and step out of football manager fantasy world.

Chairman Steve

Can’t really judge him this game given the circumstances behind it. If they win, people will big up him up. If they lose, people will kick him... Even if we won 5-0 I’m not going to gush and say he’s Guardiola and he’s stumbled on the 2008 La Masia roster and we’re going to dominate the next decade.

Now that the senior team has had a weeks rest then surely they’re up for beating Villa at OT right? If we can’t win that one then we’ve got problems.

Kostov

So somehow his favorite is dropped and players like Pereira is preferred? Weird favoritism.

Ironical you calling anyone snowflake when you start crying when someone is not abusing Lingard.
Have you erased the amount of time Ole wasted on Lingard from you memory? Or as soon as he dropped Lingard, that didn't happen? Pereira is set to become another fine example of that same favoritism Ole has for some of our most incompetent players. Not sure what is weird.

Me crying because someone is not abusing Lingard? what are you talking about actually? And are actually branding criticism of Lingard as abuse? This had nothing to do with Lingard, it is totally on Ole, why are you making this about Lingard?

AneRu

He won't be getting any grief from me over this match for two reason; we have a thin squad so we need to bed in as many youngsters as possible and see which ones are ready to contribute in a meaningful way and we need to rest our first team players at any given opportunity looking at what lies ahead.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Have you erased the amount of time Ole wasted on Lingard from you memory? Or as soon as he dropped Lingard, that didn't happen? Pereira is set to become another fine example of that same favoritism Ole has for some of our most incompetent players. Not sure what is weird.

Me crying because someone is not abusing Lingard? what are you talking about actually? And are actually branding criticism of Lingard as abuse? This had nothing to do with Lingard, it is totally on Ole, why are you making this about Lingard?
Wow, football manager played a player before dropping him, what's this sorcery. So now Pereira is favorite, maybe he should play Mata instead, oh wait then Mata will be his favorite.

Yes, you moan about Lingard and makes MikeLuhg guy look sane when it comes to Lingard and then cry when everyone is not abusing him.

This is about Lingard and how much you hate him, so much that you can't even think why he was captain today, with the bunch of 18-19 year old players and him being the senior most player except semi retired Grant.

And Tuanzebe was made captain as it was against Rochdale and he was from Rochdale. It was just a nice gesture from the club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I do think a bit of wool is being pulled over the fans eyes with the way some of the kids are spoken about. We hear a lot of spin from Ole himself and others about this generation being super special etc. when its most likely a huge amount of the players who played today will not make it long term with us. That's no massive slagging off, its just quite common.

But also if you're going to put faith in kids ahead of signing older players, you have to then give those kids the best platform they can have to succeed.
Exactly. How many made it with us when we sent out kids to Panathinaikos etc. I think Richardson was probably the most talented out of the lot and he didn't make it.

JohnnyKills

He's doing fine. You can see the scaffolding of a new team rising up. Williams, Laird, Greenwood, Tuanzebe and Garner are all coming through and the three summer signings have been good. The future looks very exciting.

Judas

Open to offers
He's doing fine. You can see the scaffolding of a new team rising up. Williams, Laird, Greenwood, Tuanzebe and Garner are all coming through and the three summer signings have been good. The future looks very exciting.
Not with Ole's football in my opinion, but personnel wise, yeah I think we've got a lot to be hopeful about.

Kostov

Wow, football manager played a player before dropping him, what's this sorcery. So now Pereira is favorite, maybe he should play Mata instead, oh wait then Mata will be his favorite.

Yes, you moan about Lingard and makes MikeLuhg guy look sane when it comes to Lingard and then cry when everyone is not abusing him.

This is about Lingard and how much you hate him, so much that you can't even think why he was captain today, with the bunch of 18-19 year old players and him being the senior most player except semi retired Grant.

And Tuanzebe was made captain as it was against Rochdale and he was from Rochdale. It was just a nice gesture from the club.
Football manager played a player before dropping him? Wow as I said your hypocrisy know no limit. He played him last season despite him being absolutely shit other than that one first game, and also in pre season, then proceeded to start him in the first few games. If Pereira continues to get minutes despite being absolutely useless, it's clear favoritism and stupidity.

Yeah I can't think for a reason why would Lingard be a captain when Tuanzebe, Shaw and even Grant were on the field, other then clear stupidity. Or was Ole promoting the United way of awarding shit players with recognition?

Are you actually a professional and can you help with my "hate" for Lingard? Because you speak with such a certainty and sure of how I hate Lingard, but based on what you hypocrite? Because I called him out of how useless and incompetent he was long before the mayor wake up regarding his level on here happened? Spare me, I have no interest in a Lingard "hate" debate, this was not even about him, and you fail to acknowledge that.

roonster09

Scout
Football manager played a player before dropping him? Wow as I said your hypocrisy know no limit.
At least know the words before using them randomly. You are just embarrassing yourself with every post.

And yes you definitely need help and that's not something I can do.

Kostov

At least know the words before using them randomly. You are just embarrassing yourself with every post.

And yes you definitely need help and that's not something I can do.
You can at least not bother me in the future and let me live in misery can you? And also good to have such wonderful posters like you on here.

roonster09

Scout
You can at least not bother me in the future and let me live in misery can you? And also good to have such wonderful posters like you on here.
Thank you. Have a nice evening/night.

always_hoping

We're at home against a team who would be midtable in the PL at best. We should be winning it. It's straightforward, it's routine. Whether we do win or not is another matter.
Nothing straight forward or rountine about United nowadays, Lost to Palace at home already this season who currently sit 13th in the PL. The should has long gone out the window for me with this group of United players. AZ losing tonight and if they lose their need to get a result in OT will be greater than United's

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He's been back into the fold as soon as he recovered from the injury and Ole instantly gave him gametime. Yeah he lost his place, to another incompetent Ole favorite in Pereira, it took the manager half a season is seems, and the team being on 17 fecking points in the league, it's December.
He came back from injury more than a month ago and had 80 minutes of game time during the whole November right until this game when he was sent with a 2nd team.

Jose was 21 points off the top, 13 off the top 4 in his final match still believing and starting Lingard. And that was supposedly world-class manager who had a much bigger squad. There is nothing to suggest he has any favoritism towards Jesse. If anything, it looks like Lingard position is much worse than at the start of the season.

Gazza

Well, then I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't considering him as an "investment" in anything but an "investing in squad quality" sense.

Did we overpay for him? Undoubtedly, yes. Was he an improvement on what we had? Again, I would say undoubtedly yes. Could we have found someone else, ticking the same boxes, at half the price? I have no idea. But I don't really care how much he cost - and I won't until someone can prove that paying that amount is something we should worry about (because it will turn out to be detrimental with regard to bringing in further reinforcements - which we clearly need).
Perhaps you actually chose the wrong word? If you use the term 'investment' then yes, the price paid has to be taken into consideration. Frustrating to try to discuss tbh so good luck to you, I'll leave it there.

Ancient Of Days

Why do you think he is being smug smiling all the time? I think he is being positive. Would you like him to have a face like thunder all the time?
No I expect the manager of Manchester United to conduct themselves in a professional manner and to have a set of standards.

That means I don't expect to see the manager of Man United smile after losing and drawing games against bottom feeder clubs that we should be winning.

When I see a manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world, smiling and content with themselves after doing the bare minimum, they are sending the wrong message to both the players and the fans.

It's getting the players and fans accustomed to mediocrity, more or less telling them it's no big deal if we lose or draw, because according to Ole ''any game in the Premier League is winnable but also losable.'' ''It’s margins, fine margins and it was never going to be easy.''

Those are his words this season.

Contrast that to his big tough chest beating talk last season when he was riding the wave

''When you come into a club like this you expect to win games," said Solskjaer.

"And when you win four, you expect to win the next one as well. I don't look at them and think we can't win that. I think we can win every single game''

That was at a time when everyone believed the squad was good enough to make top 4 and make strides in closing the gap between City and Liverpool. The story was that without the big bad step daddy Mourinho holding the players back, Ole was seen as the man to unshackle the players from their chains and unleash free flowing united way of old football.

He just needed a pre season to get the players up to speed and many appealed against were judging until this season. Now along with his statements all that has changed and we're meant to put up with his ineptitude until he gets several more transfer windows and several more seasons to do what I don't know!

roonster09

Scout
No I expect the manager of Manchester United to conduct themselves in a professional manner and to have a set of standards.

That means I don't expect to see the manager of Man United smile after losing and drawing games against bottom feeder clubs that we should be winning.

When I see a manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world, smiling and content with themselves after doing the bare minimum, they are sending the wrong message to both the players and the fans.
Manager won't be sending messages to players in press conference, him giving interviews with sad face or tears won't change a thing.

Kostov

He came back from injury more than a month ago and had 80 minutes of game time during the whole November right until this game when he was sent with a 2nd team.

Jose was 21 points off the top, 13 off the top 4 in his final match still believing and starting Lingard. And that was supposedly world-class manager who had a much bigger squad. There is nothing to suggest he has any favoritism towards Jesse. If anything, it looks like Lingard position is much worse than at the start of the season.
It definitely is, but the natural path to clearing out players like hims should be trying to sell him in january or in the summer, not awarding him with wearing the captain's armband. That was more or less the point. The whole story about our captain is a farce, Ashley fecking Young is captaining Manchester United and the latest going to Lingard adds insult to injury for me.

Eric's Seagull

It's getting the players and fans accustomed to mediocrity, more or less telling them it's no big deal if we lose or draw, because according to Ole ''any game in the Premier League is winnable but also losable.'' ''It’s margins, fine margins and it was never going to be easy.''

Contrast that to his big tough chest beating talk last season when he was riding the wave

"And when you win four, you expect to win the next one as well. I don't look at them and think we can't win that. I think we can win every single game''

That was at a time when everyone believed the squad was good enough to make top 4 and make strides in closing the gap between City and Liverpool. The story was that without the big bad step daddy Mourinho holding the players back, Ole was seen as the man to unshackle the players from their chains and unleash free flowing united way of old football.

He just needed a pre season to get the players up to speed and many appealed against were judging until this season. Now along with his statements all that has changed and we're meant to put up with his ineptitude until he gets several more transfer windows and several more seasons to do what I don't know!
How do you know that he is content? He could be hurting like heck inside.

He could be putting on a brave face after giving the players a right grilling. We don't know.

I think it is better for him to come out with a smile on his face, than come out and start throwing players under the bus.

Ancient Of Days

Manager won't be sending messages to players in press conference, him giving interviews with sad face or tears won't change a thing.
Body Language and conduct is just as powerful as words expressed.

If the manager is seated laid back with a smile etched across his face, with his legs crossed while the action is unfolding and the team looks to the bench for guidance in a tough game that they are behind in, then they are inevitably going to mirror the qualities of the manager.

The team on the pitch often look lethargic, uninspiring and devoid of ideas on the pitch and all these negative qualities reflect back to the image and character of the manager.

Devil81

Another loss on his record, regardless of who he was playing he should have at least fielded a team to take home the result. Now we've got one of our worst ever European defeats on our record and nobody will remember the team fielded in years to come.

You've got to ask if Phil Jones was good enough to start Sunday with limited game time why wasn't his experience utilised here.

Also Romero and Ashley Young could have travelled given their lack of involvement. If you'd have had at least four or five first-team players you'd have saved embarrassment.

roonster09

Scout

If the manager is seated laid back with a smile etched across his face, with his legs crossed while the action is unfolding and the team looks to the bench for guidance in a tough game that they are behind in, then they are inevitably going to mirror the qualities of the manager.

The team on the pitch often look lethargic, uninspiring and devoid of ideas on the pitch and all these negative qualities reflect back to the image and character of the manager.
Yeah, if manager is acting like lunatic running around then they will somehow get the energy and starts playing like peak Barca team.

Team won't look at bench for guidance, at best some player will get instruction from the manager shouting from the technical area. They will be looking at their teammates for guidance, trying to implement the plan they worked on all week.

Also this is on pitch when your other post was about press conference, I even doubt whether players even listen to what's said by manager in PC. It's what said in dressing room that counts, not the PC where managers are trained to give generic nonsense.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

:lol:

Ancient Of Days

Yeah, if manager is acting like lunatic running around then they will somehow get the energy and starts playing like peak Barca team.

Team won't look at bench for guidance, at best some player will get instruction from the manager shouting from the technical area. They will be looking at their teammates for guidance, trying to implement the plan they worked on all week.

Also this is on pitch when your other post was about press conference, I even doubt whether players even listen to what's said by manager in PC. It's what said in dressing room that counts, not the PC where managers are trained to give generic nonsense.
That hasn't gone too badly for the likes of Tuchel Guardiola and Klopp, three of the most animated and rage filled managers on the touchline and the most venomous in defeat.

And I'm speaking generally from press conferences to their conduct on the touchline.

They don't smile after dropping points, they don't say ''well we conceded less goals than we did last season ''. Winners don't smile in defeat. They don't disguise, or attempt to contain their anger. If Ole is really bursting with angry when he's smiling, then he's doing a great job of hiding it and should maybe go into a career of acting

I don't believe it's right for the manager of Man Utd to be putting on either fake or real smiles after losing or dropping points against fodder.

I don't recall Fergie - who the Ole in boys like to compare him to- ever smiling after losing or drawing important games against lesser teams.

I don't recall Mourinho doing it, nor LVG who was grilled for sitting with his notepad on the bench(at least he was doing something). The only other manager here who had a permanent smug grin plastered across their face, come rain or shine, was Moyes and no one from what I recall appreciated it or made excuses for it claiming he was holding it all in to take it out on the boys in the dressing room behind closed doors to protect the players.

roonster09

Scout
That hasn't gone too badly for the likes of Tuchel Guardiola and Klopp, three of the most animated and rage filled managers on the touchline and the most venomous in defeat.

And I'm speaking generally from press conferences to their conduct on the touchline.

They don't smile after dropping points, they don't say ''well we conceded less goals than we did last season ''. Winners don't smile in defeat. They don't disguise, or attempt to contain their anger. If Ole is really bursting with angry when he's smiling, then he's doing a great job of hiding it and should maybe go into a career of acting

I don't believe it's right for the manager of Man Utd to be putting on either fake or real smiles after losing or dropping points against fodder.

I don't recall Fergie - who the Ole in boys like to compare him to- ever smiling after losing or drawing important games against lesser teams.

I don't recall Mourinho doing it, nor LVG who was grilled for sitting with his notepad on the bench(at least he was doing something). The only other manager here who had a permanent smug grin plastered across their face, come rain or shine, was Moyes and no one from what I recall appreciated it or made excuses for it claiming he was holding it all in to take it out on the boys in the dressing room behind closed doors to protect the players.
Not sure where to start, let’s just say the managers you mentioned are successful because of their coaching and not pitch side antics. From the examples you gave Klopp was smiling after dropping points, he partied all night after losing CL finals, he even celebrated 2-2 draw at home vs West Brom.

Ancient Of Days

Not sure where to start, let’s just say the managers you mentioned are successful because of their coaching and not pitch side antics. From the examples you gave Klopp was smiling after dropping points, he partied all night after losing CL finals, he even celebrated 2-2 draw at home vs West Brom.
So were you quite happy and understanding when Moyes was smirking in post match interviews?

I already explained in great detail the difference with Klopp celebrating the draw at home to West Brom, which was early in his liverpool career to form bonds with the players.

If Ole takes us to CL final, he can do what he likes after the game, he'd have earned that right.

Comparing Klopp taking his team that hadn't been in a CL final for god knows how long to Ole celebrating a draw against a recently promoted side, that brought us down to 10th, is ridiculous.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Ole and the other staff is out on the side of the pitch yelling orders literally all the time.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Another loss on his record, regardless of who he was playing he should have at least fielded a team to take home the result. Now we've got one of our worst ever European defeats on our record and nobody will remember the team fielded in years to come.

You've got to ask if Phil Jones was good enough to start Sunday with limited game time why wasn't his experience utilised here.

Also Romero and Ashley Young could have travelled given their lack of involvement. If you'd have had at least four or five first-team players you'd have saved embarrassment.
Sending kids to asia for a nothing match was the right thing to do.
Nothing embarrassing about it.
Think about what you are saying.
Even if we won 47 nil it doesn't matter.

Winning on Sunday against Villa matters.
He was right to send the squad he did

roonster09

Scout
So were you quite happy and understanding when Moyes was smirking in post match interviews?

I already explained in great detail the difference with Klopp celebrating the draw at home to West Brom, which was early in his liverpool career to form bonds with the players.

If Ole takes us to CL final, he can do what he likes after the game, he'd have earned that right.

Comparing Klopp taking his team that hadn't been in a CL final for god knows how long to Ole celebrating a draw against a recently promoted side, that brought us down to 10th, is ridiculous.
Ao your problem is not Ole smirking after dropping points, your problem is Ole who haven’t achieved anything in Managerial career doing that. At least tell that straight instead of going all ‘body Language expert’.

No you didn’t explain any difference, all you did is moved the goal posts and make up things with every post. Also no I didn’t have problem with Moyes Smirking/Smiling. I had problem with how out of depth he looked at ManUtd.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT

Key players being rested for villa game ? ;)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I would have sent the reserve keeper if I wanted to get the world record for the youngest European team. Lee Grant is almost 40 and He screwed the age average, We didn't even win the game. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.