Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
See previous response a manager can definitively sing off on a player going, new contract (these days have financial consequences)

Do you really think he wants some of these players who most managers of the championship wouldn’t bust a gut for.
You are on the wrong here. Mata is 31 with his contract about to run out. 160k contract. What resale value would he have? How is better for the club economically to give him a brand new one for 3 years(2+1) when there's zero chance they will get any return of that investment?

You are trying to spin it positively in any way possible.

fergiesarmy1

You are on the wrong here. Mata is 31 with his contract about to run out. 160k contract. What resale value would he have? How is better for the club economically to give him a brand new one for 3 years(2+1) when there's zero chance they will get any return of that investment?

You are trying to spin it positively in any way possible.
No, I’m not saying the Mata one was financial. Ole barely plays him.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I just looked at your next two league fixtures (Spurs and Man City) and think it's very possible that there's someone else in charge against Everton on 15/12.

If you take a couple of hidings then he is gone, right?

Cela shomana

This is crazy. Look at the players Liverpool have, Spurs, Chelsea even Leicester. How can you possible expect OGS to put this team in a top 5 spot?!

Nobody was complaining when he was appointed.

Right now I'd say hes doing as well as anyone could do with this group. You need to get a grip of reality if you expect this team to be competing with the top6. Pep couldn't put this group top 6.

Stick with him, invest in Jan, and if he still cant get them competing fair enough. Show a bit of loyalty for gods sake.
Blind loyalty? If he cannot compete with top 6 teams,at least he should be beating bottom teams. Serious teams have sacked coaches with better record than Ole. There is no loyalty in football. It a result oriented job mate.

Enigma_87

You know who
No, I’m not saying the Mata one was financial. Ole barely plays him.
Mata has 9 starts and 4 sub appearances since the beginning of the season I think. That's not barely playing him.

What's Pereira's excuse? He has been playing him non stop, at the expense of the youth players he used to rate in the Summer. Brand new contract for him as well!

fergiesarmy1

Mata has 9 starts and 4 sub appearances since the beginning of the season I think. That's not barely playing him.

What's Pereira's excuse? He has been playing him non stop, at the expense of the youth players he used to rate in the Summer. Brand new contract for him as well!
Lack of options maybe? Who does “poch” play?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just looked at your next two league fixtures (Spurs and Man City) and think it's very possible that there's someone else in charge against Everton on 15/12.

I'm not sure. I feel that Ole will be given the season

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I'm not sure. I feel that Ole will be given the season
It just seems so clear that Poch will come in. Managerial appointments are so often about timing and (just before a transfer window, Poch out of work, Man United floundering) it does seem like the right time for Ole to go.

You could leave it until May and end up with no decent candidates.

Enigma_87

You know who
Lack of options maybe? Who does “poch” play?
One of the options he let go of was Fellaini. Would've been very handy today wouldn't he? The other option Herrera he also didn't replace, he set himself up for that.

Even if you excuse him for that - Garner was on the bench, yet not brought on. In the post presser he said Pereira was improving...

The Bloody-Nine

It just seems so clear that Poch will come in. Managerial appointments are so often about timing and (just before a transfer window, Poch out of work, Man United floundering) it does seem like the right time for Ole to go.

The sensible thinking is let Ole get hammered another couple of times, then bring in the new guy. I'm not convinced about Poch, though.

passing-wind

All you backers of Ole did you see his post match interview ? An absolute disgrace completely undeterred at the lackluster result as he's shown all season. Ole is an embarrassment to the ambitions of the club. It's no surprise the team has no consistency he doesn't inspire confidence in the players and clearly as he's managerial career has shown he's not a serial winner.

marktan

He'd better be praying that Mctominay and Pogba are back soon or this could turn ugly very quickly. Starting this Wednesday, brought to you by Amazon Prime.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Have you not seen how the club is run? That will happen

Reiver

A home draw to Villa is a good result given OGS record as a manager in the EPL. What more are we supposed to expect? If we had a better manager I would demand more. But with Ole in charge? I applaud the result, this is our level.

fergiesarmy1

One of the options he let go of was Fellaini. Would've been very handy today wouldn't he? The other option Herrera he also didn't replace, he set himself up for that.

Even if you excuse him for that - Garner was on the bench, yet not brought on. In the post presser he said Pereira was improving...
Herrera was already gone apparently, fellaini? Really? I’m looking for long term change.

fergiesarmy1

A home draw to Villa is a good result given OGS record as a manager in the EPL. What more are we supposed to expect? If we had a better manager I would demand more. But with Ole in charge? I applaud the result, this is our level.
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit apparently

Enigma_87

You know who
Herrera was already gone apparently, fellaini? Really? I’m looking for long term change.
What's the long term change? Pereira is worse than both Feillaini and Herrera. He gets a new contract, we don't improve on CM and he's played constantly by Ole, whilst also said that he's improving?

He's clearly rating him. So the long term future is bringing in worse players that we already had 12 months ago and giving them new contracts. Not really bright future that..

el3mel

I honestly still can't get my head how the feck in a week when Chelsea and Arsenal drop points and we were handed a golden chance to jump to 5th with 6 points off fourth and put us back on a good track, we end up with this shite. Unbelievable. The manager and his players must be ashamed of themselves serving this crap to fans.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He'd better be praying that Mctominay and Pogba are back soon or this could turn ugly very quickly. Starting this Wednesday, brought to you by Amazon Prime.
It's already ugly.

Enigma_87

You know who
I wouldn't know as I was being serious.
His record at Cardiff was no better. That's about his level in Premier League. Apparently the league position is no concern for him, coming from the presser, so he probably believes he's doing a good job.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he may have talked about "margins" in every single post match interview where we've not won (most).

Sylar

Honestly don't get what Ole is gaining from playing players like Mata or Pereira as a midfield two. Why not just give the minutes to garner

I reckon if Ole had just played youth and players in proper positions with a consistent formation he would get even more leeway than he's got (which is saying something)

I don't get why he changes formation per game and just doesn't go to what worked when he came in with the 433 (and no number 10)

James Ward

Lose against Spurs, City and Everton in the next three games and United are in a relegation battle. I think Spurs will give us a proper humiliation. I can imagine Mourinho's smug smile.

433 for us Is clearly not working at the minute

marktan

To be honest I'm not that big on Ole because nothing screams greatness from him the way it does for Klopp, Guardiola, or even the likes of Conte or Jose before he came to us. He's more along the levels of someone like Dean Smith at Villa.

But I do feel sorry for him because our team is pretty abject, you take out Pogba and Mctominay and it's barely a team. We really need to get a DOF / footballing board in place because quite frankly we seriously need to improve our team. Look at Spurs for instance - Jose's probably really over the moon because their forward options are miles ahead of ours.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Dean Smith was manager at Walsall not too long ago, and he still managed to get the better of Ole. Or is Villa's side really so much better than ours?

Reiver

His record at Cardiff was no better. That's about his level in Premier League. Apparently the league position is no concern for him, coming from the presser, so he probably believes he's doing a good job.
Are you kidding? Ole will be creaming himself over our league position. Nose bleed stuff for him.

fergiesarmy1

What's the long term change? Pereira is worse than both Feillaini and Herrera. He gets a new contract, we don't improve on CM and he's played constantly by Ole, whilst also said that he's improving?

He's clearly rating him. So the long term future is bringing in worse players that we already had 12 months ago and giving them new contracts. Not really bright future that..
He’s not, it’s just a lack of options. Do you really think Ole or any top level player can’t see the difference between a great player or a shit player?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

I don’t think Ole will be sacked without someone else lined up. I made the point in another thread that you’d be better just treating Ole as a caretaker manager until you are certain who you want your next manager to be.

The worst thing United could do is show Ole the door and then pressure themselves to appoint another permanent manger without being certain of whom. Another caretaker makes no sense either.

Enigma_87

You know who
He’s not, it’s just a lack of options. Do you really think Ole or any top level player can’t see the difference between a great player or a shit player?
How is lack of options when Garner doesn't even get minutes, when Pereira serves shit after shit week after week?

Apparently he can't. He's not a top manager and I'm not sure he's even average one if we consider PL level. There's a reason why no top club has approached him in his 10 years career in Norway.

Again look at the current squad and it is worse than what he has got and this is largely due to him. The decision to extend contracts of certain players is again due to him.

Overlook

Say what you like about Jose - and a lot can be said - but his game management from winning positions at United was great. Hopefully someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he lost a single game here after taking the lead, and only allowed a handful of winning positions to become draws. Ole has been in a winning position 3 times in the last week and failed to get any of those games over the line.

fergiesarmy1

I wouldn't know as I was being serious.
Haha fair play,
How is lack of options when Garner doesn't even get minutes, when Pereira serves shit after shit week after week?

Apparently he can't. He's not a top manager and I'm not sure he's even average one if we consider PL level. There's a reason why no top club has approached him in his 10 years career in Norway.

Again look at the current squad and it is worse than what he has got and this is largely due to him. The decision to extend contracts of certain players is again due to him.
Your very short termism pal, do you think any manager can fix the issues in less than a year?

I’m happy for him to continue but change the squad.

fergiesarmy1

Say what you like about Jose - and a lot can be said - but his game management from winning positions at United was great. Hopefully someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he lost a single game here after taking the lead, and only allowed a handful of winning positions to become draws. Ole has been in a winning position 3 times in the last week and failed to get any of those games over the line.
Well, as he was sacked not once, not twice not thrice but many times in the last decade he must not have got the lead that many times.

Enigma_87

You know who
Haha fair play,

Your very short termism pal, do you think any manager can fix the issues in less than a year?

I’m happy for him to continue but change the squad.
What do you mean fix the issues? If you mean play better, coach the players better and being just plainly a better manager - then yes absolutely pretty much every manager can do that within a year.

Rodgers got Leicester from 9th till 2nd in the course of few months losing their best defender and spending less than the amount he was sold for.

Lampard has Chelsea playing some decent football after losing their best player and having transfer ban in the Summer.

Chris Wilder has Sheffield doing pretty good coming from the Championship spending 40m pounds - less than a third of what Ole spent this Summer.

And so on..

A quality manager(or even a competent one) makes a big, big difference.

fergiesarmy1

What do you mean fix the issues? If you mean play better, coach the players better and being just plainly a better manager - then yes absolutely pretty much every manager can do that within a year.

Rodgers got Leicester from 9th till 2nd in the course of few months losing their best defender and spending less than the amount he was sold for.

Lampard has Chelsea playing some decent football after losing their best player and having transfer ban in the Summer.

Chris Wilder has Sheffield doing pretty good coming from the Championship spending 40m pounds - less than a third of what Ole spent this Summer.

And so on..

A quality manager(or even a competent one) makes a big, big difference.
Rodgers has done great fair play (don’t rub it in cause I dislike the former scouse prick)

United is not a quick fix though, surely you can see that?

Enigma_87

You know who
Rodgers has done great fair play (don’t rub it in cause I dislike the former scouse prick)

United is not a quick fix though, surely you can see that?
No one is denying that. However that doesn't mean we should appoint nobodies and keep them in the job when it's clearly visible that they aren't fit for it.

Ole is making the rebuild a tougher job with every week he's at helm.

He's driving the club in a worse state and I'm not sure how you can't see that. Literally every player has gone backwards since he took over. Even the players he has brought in the Summer after a good start are going backwards (including James).

And no, buying more players won't fix the issue if he can't train them, improve them or have any coherence in terms of team play.

R'hllor

People are full of shit, its actually amazing to read this thread in general.

When we sacked JM, NO ONE had him on the voting list of potential replacements, NO ONE mentioned his name before first rumor popped in newspapers. So stop acting like he was clearly the one.

We got him and performances improved, we looked like a football team again, those performances gave us results to be back in top 4 race. Then by his own admission, he made a U turn and sold out those performances in a name of more pragmatic approach aka JM way, where if you dont win, you basically dont have on what to lean on and slowly performances went to shit more and more, while still winning, until we stopped winning completely and then we had feck all.

Under him, the likes of Jones, Young etc. got their new contracts. There are some moves that i didnt mind, like selling Lukaku etc. His summer transfer window wasnt bad but more incomplete, when it comes to players we got in but even in their cases, we have to wait before final judgement ( unlike those sheep lunatics who already claimed how all 3 signings are 100% success ), God knows players go downhill the moment they join us.

So here we are. Put the whole Ole IN/OUT nonsense aside, or the fact that our midfield is thin with few injuries, or that some players being picked for what ever reason right now, hell put aside our results and league position, what the hell we are watching for 90min. Team that looks so clueless at playing football, its like they play different sport. Sure give them open air field and they look ok but breaking teams with clear idea behind it, nah, miles away, cut backs cant hit intended targets, or maybe there are not targets, maybe they do those like they are blindfolded dunno.

How many times we have to ask a question about those players and what they doing on a training ground. Watching your team and thinking how they are not coached at all, thats not acceptable, sorry.

ManuMou

I am not a fan of Allegri but I would take him until end of season just to save our top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.