Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergiesarmy1

No one is denying that. However that doesn't mean we should appoint nobodies and keep them in the job when it's clearly visible that they aren't fit for it.

Ole is making the rebuild a tougher job with every week he's at helm.

He's driving the club in a worse state and I'm not sure how you can't see that. Literally every player has gone backwards since he took over. Even the players he has brought in the Summer after a good start are going backwards (including James).

And no, buying more players won't fix the issue if he can't train them, improve them or have any coherence in terms of team play.
You realise the manager is not sorely responsible for training the players? In fact they rarely do these days.

Can’t agree with driving the club into a worse state then where we are, the points average is very similar over the last year while getting rid of the fat which has funnily left us slim (no lukaka gags needed)

We can still win 3 trophies this season remember

Enigma_87

You know who
You realise the manager is not sorely responsible for training the players? In fact they rarely do these days.

Can’t agree with driving the club into a worse state then where we are, the points average is very similar over the last year while getting rid of the fat which has funnily left us slim (no lukaka gags needed)

We can still win 3 trophies this season remember
The coaching staff is responsible for improving the players and he's heading it. If he's not responsible for improving the team members what is the use of him?

We are on 18 points after 14 games. Last year we were on 22 points from 14 games - that's backwards in any shape or form.

Jose was sacked after 17 games at 26 points total. We have Spurs, City and Everton next. Ole needs to win 8 points from those 3 games to be on the same points compared to last year - so that means 3 wins in the next 3 games. That's overly optimistic to say at least.

Aston Villa and Wolves can win 3 titles/cups till the end of the season. That doesn't mean they will.

croadyman

No one is denying that. However that doesn't mean we should appoint nobodies and keep them in the job when it's clearly visible that they aren't fit for it.

Ole is making the rebuild a tougher job with every week he's at helm.

He's driving the club in a worse state and I'm not sure how you can't see that. Literally every player has gone backwards since he took over. Even the players he has brought in the Summer after a good start are going backwards (including James).

And no, buying more players won't fix the issue if he can't train them, improve them or have any coherence in terms of team play.
Yeah there is no doubt that Maguire, AWB and James are all suffering a bad run of form. That is partly down to this regime at the club and a coach who hasn't the ability to improve players.

I am also getting quite bored of the comparisons to when Fergie took over and Klopp joined Liverpool too. They already had proven track records as managers.

You also seem to get told to go and support City if you criticise Ole in any way at all on here. This is usually followed by sacking the manager won't solve anything. Yes that might be true but doesn't mean you just keep someone in charge for the sake of it.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

It sure seems this way under Ole, a team that trains feck nothing.

But to your surprise most managers do train their teams, that’s what they are hired for, what the feck do you mean managers rarely train their playera? Literally thats their job.

fergiesarmy1

The coaching staff is responsible for improving the players and he's heading it. If he's not responsible for improving the team members what is the use of him?

We are on 18 points after 14 games. Last year we were on 22 points from 14 games - that's backwards in any shape or form.

Jose was sacked after 17 games at 26 points total. We have Spurs, City and Everton next. Ole needs to win 8 points from those 3 games to be on the same points compared to last year - so that means 3 wins in the next 3 games. That's overly optimistic to say at least.

Aston Villa and Wolves can win 3 titles/cups till the end of the season. That doesn't mean they will.
Hardly seems a huge gulf when we’ve dropped 4 points in the last 2 games From winning positions. Ole wasn’t playing by the way.

A manager is the figurehead - do you want another one these prick players can throw under a bus? New contract that your all complaining about for jones and his pals?

If you want change don’t keep this show repeating itself for god sake.

fergiesarmy1

It sure seems this way under Ole, a team that trains feck nothing.

But to your surprise most managers do train their teams, that’s what they are hired for, what the feck do you mean managers rarely train their playera? Literally thats their job.
Fergie rarely ventured on the field by the end of his days, it’s called delegating.

SAFMUTD

Fergie rarely ventured on the field by the end of his days, it’s called delegating.
Thats false, Fergie didnt miss trainings, and he had a pretty strong team with solid foundations.

To whom is Ole delegating?

Thats just plain ridiculous, “its not Ole’s fault the team is not trained properly even though he’s the manager because he is delegating it”

Seriously just irracional how far you are willing to go to defend whats clearly undefendable.

Enigma_87

You know who
Hardly seems a huge gulf when we’ve dropped 4 points in the last 2 games From winning positions. Ole wasn’t playing by the way.

A manager is the figurehead - do you want another one these prick players can throw under a bus? New contract that your all complaining about for jones and his pals?

If you want change don’t keep this show repeating itself for god sake.
Exactly - fire him and don't employ unqualified nobodies again.

And yes 4 points are a big difference. We should've been 2-0 down today btw, considering the offside call at 1-0, so the luck angle has wearied thin long time ago.

It doesn't matter. If you delegate something to somebody you are still responsible for the end result. Being able to delegate the job at hand properly is part of the job - something he is also failing at.

fergiesarmy1

Thats false, Fergie didnt miss trainings, and he had a pretty strong team with solid foundations.

To whom is Ole delegating?

Thats just plain ridiculous, “its not Ole’s fault the team is not trained properly even though he’s the manager because he is delegating it”

Seriously just irracional how far you are willing to go to defend whats clearly undefendable.
What’s false? He wasn’t pitchside for coaching for a long time towards the end (not to say he wasn’t first there and last out)

Pretty sure no fecker on here knows or wants the ideal manager now :lol:

Foxbatt

He should quietly go. No need to get embarrassed. Just say it's not working as he hoped it would and wishing the best of luck as he has his heart in OT.
Tell Woodward pay me at least half of the fee for firing me and no embarrassment to anyone.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He should quietly go. No need to get embarrassed. Just say it's not working as he hoped it would and wishing the best of luck as he has his heart in OT.
Tell Woodward pay me at least half of the fee for firing me and no embarrassment to anyone.
That would be ideal.

Somehow I can't quite see it going that way. Can you?

Precaution

If Ole isnt there to train the players i.e delegating that role to his coaching team, then what exactly is he there for? Unless he delegates tactics, motivating, half time team talks and the orange juice to the rest of the staff then his only job is to least stand in the technical area and shout instuctions but alas he's failing at that.

Im all for passing the buck but that can only go so far.

SAFMUTD

What’s false? He wasn’t pitchside for coaching for a long time towards the end (not to say he wasn’t first there and last out)

Pretty sure no fecker on here knows or wants the ideal manager now :lol:
It’s pointless discussing with you, you dont follow up on arguments and make stuff up. lets just leave it there.

Rafaeldagold

Whsts class got to do with it? Either Ole is good enough to manage Manchester United it he isn’t & he most clearly isn’t from performances & results.
Do you think we shouldn’t sack him whatever as it’s not ‘classy?’

Foxbatt

That would be ideal.

Somehow I can't quite see it going that way. Can you?

I am sure Woodward would accept it right now. He gets rid of the manager and pays less than he has to pay for firing him and no need for Ole to get embarrassed about leaving. There have been instances where managers have parted company saying mutual understanding.

fergiesarmy1

It’s pointless discussing with you, you dont follow up on arguments and make stuff up. lets just leave it there.
Reply to nearly every post I can pal, don’t get upset.

Fergie didn’t go pitchside for training for the last decade, it’s well documented, what do you want from me?

Foxbatt

Fergie didn’t go pitchside for training for the last decade, it’s well documented, what do you want from me?
He doesn't have to. His team was winning everything and his coaches have been implementing what he has told them to do. If Ole's team was winning everything I couldn't care less if he was down in a pub in moss side the whole day.

BrokeDR

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Fergie delegated alot of things due to his age in his latter years. And that was the reason he delegated training and alot of other things involving the club. But to say he wasn't pitchside observing the training sessions and tactical drills is false. Lets not make stuff up.

And if Ole, who is in his 40s isn't training the players, who is?

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
This is crazy. Look at the players Liverpool have, Spurs, Chelsea even Leicester. How can you possible expect OGS to put this team in a top 5 spot?!

Nobody was complaining when he was appointed.

Right now I'd say hes doing as well as anyone could do with this group. You need to get a grip of reality if you expect this team to be competing with the top6. Pep couldn't put this group top 6.

Stick with him, invest in Jan, and if he still cant get them competing fair enough. Show a bit of loyalty for gods sake.
Leicester? Are you talking about a team who just lost their top CD to Man United? and spending only portion of Man United budget?

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
It just doesnt seem to be clicking consistently. Wether it be tactics, system or something else. You always have to be wondering what kind of display the team will show come match day. This team is just underperforming under its potential. At this point, it’s to early to talk about a sacking, but improvements have to be made. 18 points from 42 is absolutely below par, with only a 4plus goal difference.

Foxbatt

When you cannot get a corner right in 6 months then you know that the manager has no clue. Forget about everything else. It is not that we have to score but there is no attempt to get it right. Forget about Manchester United. Any other club would have sacked him by now.

Suv666

Yeah the squad is crap, agreed but it is good enough to beat the likes of Villa and Newcastle. We need to stop being sentimental saps, that is not how you run a club ffs.

Mr Smith

I am not a fan of Allegri but I would take him until end of season just to save our top four.
We're not getting top 4 with any manager IMO, there are easily 5 teams objectively better than us, without accounting for the likes of Wolves and Sheffield that are punching way above their weight.

Waynne

This club is going nowhere fast and really sorry to say this but nothing is going to change anytime soon as long as an accountant is charge. 6 long years of crap is 6 years too long.
How we're still floundering while seemingly making piles of cash is beyond me.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Sorry if posted earlier but he said in the presser something like "league table is of no concern"

Even Moyes didn't fall to this level..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It just seems so clear that Poch will come in. Managerial appointments are so often about timing and (just before a transfer window, Poch out of work, Man United floundering) it does seem like the right time for Ole to go.

You could leave it until May and end up with no decent candidates.
Knowing us we'll somehow feck up the next appointment too.

Sorry if posted earlier but he said in the presser something like "league table is of no concern"

Even Moyes didn't fall to this level..
Yeah, our league position also don't matter anymore. He's not worried, were more likely to win matches than lose them. Another gem, that.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's amazing how he's still at the club. The Glazers/Woodward have destroyed all of SAF's work with their sheer extreme incompetence.

The worst manager we've had post SAF.

The worst or arguably worst manager in the entire Prem.

Only teams with less wins than us are the 3 teams in the relegation zone.

And SOME STILL DEFEND him. It's MADDENING.

I've never seen anything like this before.

Ancient Of Days

This guy gets it.

Exposes just how much Ole is whinging it on the job with his freestyle make it up as you go along, ''play for the badge'' sunday league tactical approach

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's amazing how he's still at the club. The Glazers/Woodward have destroyed all of SAF's work with their sheer extreme incompetence.

The worst manager we've had post SAF.

The worst or arguably worst manager in the entire Prem.

Only teams with less wins than us are the 3 teams in the relegation zone.

And SOME STILL DEFEND him. It's MADDENING.

I've never seen anything like this before.
Don't be surprised. Legends like Ole, Gary, Scholes have a lot of defenders here. Some are blindly defending them. What's more mental is They think the old ways is the only way to get back on track. Which means to embrace our youth players and appoint people who understand the club are key to success, including giving a manager more time when it's clear it won't get any better. We're outdated, just like our manager is. After 6 years+ of mediocrity you'd think things need to change.

The class of 92 fanboys need a voice of reason but They only listen to their idols. If you suggest We better be off without Ole and appoint another manager, They'll be livid. But as soon as Gary Neville says "Ole needs more time because <<insert stupid reasons that are in conflict with what He said 2 months ago>>" They'll spunk their pants and go "yeah yeah yeah spot on Gary".

Bollocks :rolleyes:

AneRu

Don't be surprised. Legends like Ole, Gary, Scholes have a lot of defenders here. Some are blindly defending them. What's more mental is They think the old ways is the only way to get back on track. Which means to embrace our youth players and appoint people who understand the club are key to success, including giving a manager more time when it's clear it won't get any better. We're outdated, just like our manager is. After 6 years+ of mediocrity you'd think things need to change.

The class of 92 fanboys need a voice of reason but They only listen to their idols. If you suggest We better be off without Ole and appoint another manager, They'll be livid. But as soon as Gary Neville says "Ole needs more time because <<insert stupid reasons that are in conflict with what He said 2 months ago>>" They'll spunk their pants and go "yeah yeah yeah spot on Gary".

Bollocks :rolleyes:
I think we the fans, most ex players particularly the Co92 and the club in general are still in a prolonged post Sir Alex hangover. There are two particular weaknesses that have affected the running of the club:

1. The mistaken belief that the ONLY thing that made SAF's era a success was that he was given time. People forget how good he was before United and they also fail to consider the financial advantage we had over the clubs plus the general lack of serious sustained challengers up until Wenger and later Mourinho with his steamrolling Chelsea side.

2. The fall victim to the mistaken belief of Manchester United exceptionalism and will listen to anyone who touts that nostalgic mumbo jumbo. This also inhibits the ability of outsiders to completely change the way things are done and hence modernize the club. After the LVG and Mourinho sackings you'd hear about how the manager ignored the tea lady and how Ole brought Norwegian chocolates for the Receptionist on his first day. This even informs our obsession with youth regardless of how good they are.

The above two factors cloud our judgement and stops us from accepting the necessary but unpopular changes. I think this is why the likes of Woodward are stalling on the DOF and when they wanted to were intent in the watered down version.

Status
Not open for further replies.