Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

You mean the guy who asked to leave and go to Italy in March and the same guy who only wanted to play CF and was unhappy about being asked to play as a wide target man? That guy? Because you made it sound like he was forced out of the club.
Whole situation could have been handled much better by Ole. I think we could both agree on that.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Annoying how inconsistent we are. We don't have a single player that can bully a defence and get a goal when they sit deep. We didn't even play that bad today, we just run out of idea's on the edge of the box due to lack of space.
You know the player who is good against these "lesser" teams?
Lukaku. He was trained to play against these kinds of teams.

lRed

And here is the reactionary fanbase we have.
Not too much have to be said about this game, everyone have been pretty poor, we didn't finish our 24 chances, end of the story.
You can't support your club during defeats and draws, you should not be here, leave us in peace.

Zen86

He was decent against this type of average teams.
He was as inconsistent as you could get, nobody complained about shipping him out at the time, and they wouldn’t be now if we got a decent replacement in. We need a poacher in my opinion, as well as a #10

crossy1686

career ending
You know the player who is good against these "lesser" teams?
Lukaku. He was trained to play against these kinds of teams.
Except he's shit and asked to leave the club so he could go to Italy. I don't understand this "Lukaku would have saved us" movement going strong on this forum at the moment. He was an overweight nob head last season and everyone agreed, this season he's the messiah we gave away.

El Zoido

We can keep blaming Ole, but most of the issues today were on the players. At some point they need to be accountable.

As far as coaching is concerned, I have issues mainly with our set pieces.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I am saying it is a lot easier to say than do and takes time. We have around the 5th or 6th best squad in the league and we are 6th, maybe with a bit of investment and time we will have the 4th best squad in the league and be 4th. So on and so forth.
I don't buy that. When given space to attack and be compact Ole is great. When teams give us the ball and time on the ball the players look lost, they seem to make it up as they go.

How many times did you see a player shoot from impossible angles? Or whip a pointless cross in? Even our set pieces are random, they're actually a waste of time. It's games like today where the best managers earn their money IMO.

I'm happy for Ole to get until the summer, but I can't see it changing. Our defence still needs work, midfield is poor and we need a winger and striker, but all Ole talks about is 2-3 players and that solves a part of the issue for me.

Skåre Willoch

This loss is not all Ole. 60% on the players (De Gea included), 30% on the bloody ref and VAR (again!), 10% on Ole (Mata?!).

How many points have we lost due to a) not getting penalties we should b) not scoring on penalties given and c) VAR and the ref fecking us.

This doesn't even out through 38 games. It's painful.

Untd55

2 wins in 11 games against teams outside of the top six.

Shows that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way we play against those types of teams.

1 win, 4 draws, and 8 losses in games where we have conceded first.

Seems we're pretty poor at coming back from being a goal down under Solskjaer.

Concede in every Premier League game since the start of September. Not good enough at keeping clean sheets; we only have two of them in the league.

The inability to keep clean sheets and our poor record of coming back from being one down is not a good combination. This needs to be amended as these results have to pick up.

The Bloody-Nine

We can keep blaming Ole, but most of the issues today were on the players. At some point they need to be accountable.

As far as coaching is concerned, I have issues mainly with our set pieces.
If the players, and not Ole, are getting the blame when we're poor, then they, and not Ole, should be getting the praise when we win. Right?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The most interesting thing for me is that fans stick with him despite the fact that he is defensive manager.
He got 6 free months to evaluate the squad and budget to fix it. He decided to splash money on average defender who didn't add much to our defence and full back who is awful in attack. So he decided not to invest in midfield and creation of play. His long term plan is to be counter attacking team.

I changed my mind about him in one thing. He would be maybe good for some small team where he can play on counters but for a big team? Not a chance. He is so limited in tactical sense that we can give him 3 more years and we will still be counter attacking team.

The fact that he will be our manager till the end of the season( and maybe more) makes me sick.

dove

Except he's shit and asked to leave the club so he could go to Italy. I don't understand this "Lukaku would have saved us" movement going strong on this forum at the moment. He was an overweight nob head last season and everyone agreed, this season he's the messiah we gave away.
No one is saying that. But it's very ironic seeing comments like "We don't have a single player that can bully a defence and get a goal when they sit deep" from Ole's supporters like you knowing that we had a player just like that and Ole didn't like him. Lukaku was rightly sold, we got a decent fee, move on. But let's not pretend having a player like him would change much because our management team is simply not good enough.

El Zoido

If the players, and not Ole, are getting the blame when we're poor, then they, and not Ole, should be getting the praise when we win. Right?
Which is exactly how it’s been. Rashford got most of the credit for those two wins, and the Ole our thread was as hot as ever.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No one is saying that. But it's very ironic seeing comments like "We don't have a single player that can bully a defence and get a goal when they sit deep" from Ole's supporters like you knowing that we had a player just like that and Ole didn't like him. Lukaku was rightly sold, we got a decent fee, move on. But let's not pretend having a player like him would change much because our management team is simply not good enough.
Yeah having options up front wouldn't change anything. Winning PL games is all about the bloke stood on the sidelines.

Lukaku has also said Solskjaer wanted to keep him.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...r-news/man-utd-news-lukaku-solskjaer-17268132

sparx99

I do think getting rid of both our plan b options (Lukaku and Fellaini) without signing better technical creators and finishers have left us with too few options.

We should have had signings lined up and yet only signed three. It’s not good enough. Woodward again said it’s hard to sign 5-6 in a window. I just don’t accept that. Lots of teams manage it and that’s why deals should be put in place ahead of time like Liverpool did with Keita and Chelsea with Pulisic.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
We created more then enough to comfortably win this game. Nothing wrong with todays management. This team lacks quality. And you can stop complaining about Ole. He is not going anywhere, that much is clear.
Don’t recall their keeper making any outstanding saves or us hitting the woodwork.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Our shit recruitment over the last 7 years.
Ok, if that is the case then who is fault for this summer? For not buying creative midfielder or even two? Attacking full back? Backup striker?
Even if he had limited budget( which is not true) he could have set priorities better and buy 2 midfielders instead Maguire. Or backup striker for plan B for example.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
The team isn't good enough. We're still 6 players away from challenging in my opinion (CB, LB, CDM, CAM, RW, ST)
That being said, Ole also isn't good enough. Their's a reason he's only managed Molde and Cardiff. People want to believe in him, but we've won 6/17 this season. If we don't win our next game, we're winning 1/3...

We've got a clear way of playing at that's counter attack football. It doesn't really change, whoever the opposition. Today Everton (A depleted Everton that is) played with 2 midfielders. We're at home, we should dominate midfield and the ball but we lack ideas with it. We're slow and we always want to work the ball out wide.

24 shots, 8 on target today, yet I can't remember a single shot that was clear cut.

If you're happy beating the big teams, but stumbling to everybody else, that's a team that finishes out of the top 6....

pmgeorge

I do not think it is his foult that bench players are championship level (Woodward and Murinho screwed the wage structure), but he should have brought Shaw off. Put Williams or even Young for 10min to try to do something.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Lingard as a 10 when we're expected to have less of the ball and counter makes a bit of sense due to his ball carrying ability compared to our other options there.

Lingard as a 10 when we're expected to have the majority of the ball, and need to break teams down with intricate passing and whatnot is daft. Pereria, as rubbish as he is, would be so much better because he actually creates the odd chance here and there.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It is not working like that.
Win= Ole
Loss= players
Players bought= Ole
Players not bought=Woodward
Not for you it doesn't. You are obviously win = players, don't win = Ole.

Top class football has always been more about the quality of the players, win or lose. I don't know where the obsession with the manager comes from.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We created more then enough to comfortably win this game. Nothing wrong with todays management. This team lacks quality. And you can stop complaining about Ole. He is not going anywhere, that much is clear.
We created two chances in first half( both of course were from counter attacks. One long ball and one through ball).
In second half when we went all ourt attack we managed to create chances for shots from outside the box.
We didn't create any clear chance.
And about complaining; so we all should stop talking about how bad is Lingard, Jones, Woodward, Glazers...? They are also not going anywhere?

Holocene

Top class football has always been more about the quality of the players, win or lose. I don't know where the obsession with the manager comes from.
Such a baffling thing to say from someone’s who supports a club that had the best manager in history.

I’ve seen some idiotic things written on here but this is another level.

Kostov

We did? Are you sure? I think you just watched the stats and forgot about the game at all. We created jack shit. If it wasn’t for a great goal scored by the kid we wouldn’t have scored even if we played 180 minutes.

Zen86

Such a baffling thing to say from someone’s who supports a club that had the best manager in history.

We obviously don’t have the strongest team right now. We’re missing quality in some key areas of the pitch, and our squad is paper thin. Thank several years of bad transfer policies for that.

Giggsyking

He lost points in 9 games against relegation and mid table teams. He is relying more on players individual skills/efforts than what he is teaching them football tactics. It has been 12 months now with the same sh*t. I said it after the two games against spurs and city, just wait a week to see how clueless we will look.

Fooza

They'll say anything to support Ole really. Players are just as important as the manager. We've seen success under Fergie without having a great team.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

How you managed to get that idea?
Manager is the most important person in club. His job is to make players better, to find a way how to use players that he has, to counter oppo tactics with better tactics, to buy right players, to create good winning style of play, etc...and that is why i want this fraud out of this club. Because he is absolutely clueless in everything what i just said

432JuanMata

We obviously don’t have the strongest team right now. We’re missing quality in some key areas of the pitch, and our squad is paper thin. Thank several years of bad transfer policies for that.
Fergie won the league with Valencia,young,cleverly Anderson etc as Midfielders. Top managers get the best out of players

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He lost points in 9 games against relegation and mid table teams. He is relying more on players individual skills/efforts than what he is teaching them football tactics. It has been 12 months now with the same sh*t. I said it after the two games against spurs and city, just wait a week to see how clueless we will look.
I mentioned before the EL game that I was worried about him resting everyone. The result worked out fine, but the last time we did that the next game the rested players were flat. That sounds alarm bells about the preparation both tactically and mentally, especially mentally for games against this type of team.

The Bloody-Nine

The buck stops with the manager. Always has done. Unless it's a legendary ex player apparently.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The buck stops with the manager. Always has done. Unless it's a legendary ex player apparently.
Exactly. How Ole's fans can't get out of their heads that it is Ole and start looking at him only as United manager. Then they would all see how shit he is and how shit job he is doing with this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.