Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

I was clamoring for Mata to replace Lingard but he was shit when he came on.

Feel a bit for Ole given how limited he actually is for making changes.
He didn't have many options, aside from greenwood...

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If Ole perseveres with Lingarrd i would have to question him. Lingarrd was the worst player on the pitch today. Our attacks kept breaking down because of him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
And I always have to remember to tread around eggshells with you because you have form of bullying and doxing.

Are we done?
Neither of those things are true and you know it, but yet again you manage to act like a petulant child and throw out stupid insults because you’ve got nothing of any substance to say.

Paul_Scholes18

It is disappointing not winning but 4th points out of 4th place is reachable. Lingard shouldn’t even start
It is, but with the fixtures we got it should increase soon. Watford, Burnley and Newcastle next is a nightmare for the way we play.
Spurs will get top 4 I think.

I think our best bet is to win the league cup. Need only to win maybe 3 more games. Hopefully we will fully go for it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Neither of those things are true and you know it, but yet again you manage to act like a petulant child and throw out stupid insults because you’ve got nothing of any substance to say.
So should I post some proof? Including an apology from you for doing so? So others can see? Even above, personal attacks.

Zen86

Annoying how inconsistent we are. We don't have a single player that can bully a defence and get a goal when they sit deep. We didn't even play that bad today, we just run out of idea's on the edge of the box due to lack of space.
That’s it for me, we’re missing that physicality up front. We’ve got bags of pace to hit teams on the counter, and we can cut right through defences at times, but we need a strong, all out goal scorer to get on the end of it and cause problems for defenders. Martial can’t do that for us.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to realise that he needs to come with a game plan to win games like these. No point in beating City and then dropping points the game after.

Giggsyking

We neeed a manager that can coach attacking football against defensive sides. Not just playing on the counter and exploiting naive sides.

Ole is sadly not good enough. Our squad is also not that great, but that is not fully on him.
He belongs to the Norwegian league. That is his level. In England he make big teams like united look mid table teams, and mid table teams relegate.

ManRed

Tactically we were ok in the second half. Lack of quality and depth is painful for the team. You can't help it if De Gea can't punch the ball or AWB with lots of space hits the first man.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Ole's tactics were fine, we were unlucky not to gain the three points. We created a multitude of good chances in that game and several half-chances. We also dominated the midfield and possession, too.

You could also argue that Ole earned us a point through his in-game management. Switching to a 4-2-4 changed the game.
We did not create a multitude of good chances.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nice couple of results before this but I still don't feel Ole has it. We don't look a well coached team. More than a year under a quality coach we should look like one.

dove

That’s it for me, we’re missing that physicality up front. We’ve got bags of pace to hit teams on the counter, and we can cut right through defences at times, but we need a strong, all out goal scorer to get on the end of it and cause problems for defenders. Martial can’t do that for us.
If only we had someone like that before Ole came in and immediately kicked him from the team because he didn't fit Ole's fantasy team...

Paul_Scholes18

Nice couple of results before this but I still don't feel Ole has it. We don't look a well coached team. More than a year under a quality coach we should look like one.
Yeah the lack of combinations in the final third is a worry. Our movement is also not that great.

UDontMessWith24

He can't get the players up for these games to save his life. He has zero presence with the players and time after time they show up to these types of fixtures flat and unfocused. Tactically he's far from inept and we see that in games vs big 6 opponents, but it's absolutely incomprehensible to drop points over and over again in the same manner. He does not have what it takes to manage this club, and that's not even a knock on him it's just his personality. Unless the fixture speaks for itself, he's incapable of getting a professional performance out of his players. How many more times does this need to happen?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we're sticking with him, he has to be backed. This squad is a dump.
I agree, but Ole keeps talking about 2 or 3 players. That's nowhere near enough.

That's the worrying thing. Ole seems to have far too much belief in the players and wanting to give them a chance.

Zen86

If only we had someone like that before Ole came in and immediately kicked him from the team because he didn't fit Ole's fantasy team...
Sure, if you ignore the fact that Lukaku didn’t do any of that. It was correct to sell him, we just didn’t get a replacement.

MonkeysMagic

Leaving everything aside, ask yourself just one question: If Ole left Utd now how many other PL teams would hire him as manager? The answer will tell you everything about where we are.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah the lack of combinations in the final third is a worry. Our movement is also not that great.
More than a worry, I'm resigned to it. Ole just doesn't seem to know how to coach this team to play well on possession. He's excelling in the area we didn't really need to improve - counter attack. And that's not enough. Al it'll do is give people false hope

R'hllor

After 2 wins one side was pushing, now its time other side to push back. Good thread this, specially when you scroll back few pages after each match, both sides are a good laugh.

tob

Both Lingard and James isn't good enough to be starting players for a top four team in games like these.
But who else do we have? No one. Ole picks the best players that we got - in a formation that suits us the best.

dove

Sure, if you ignore the fact that Lukaku didn’t do any of that. It was correct to sell him, we just didn’t get a replacement.
He was decent against this type of average teams.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He doesn’t have a lot of wiggle room, and I’d have to say he probably picked the best team available to him today but they just didn’t show up.

The larger question is whether this is a reflection on our lack of coaching, or if they genuinely had an off day.

Seano_thegr81

Still 4 points behind top 4. Thats nothing in the grand scheme of things so its not all doom and gloom. If we finish 4th that's an improvement on 6th last season.

Paul_Scholes18

More than a worry, I'm resigned to it. Ole just doesn't seem to know how to coach this team to play well on possession. He's excelling in the area we didn't really need to improve - counter attack. And that's not enough. Al it'll do is give people false hope
Hopefully we can at least do alright in the cups. Although some teams in europe will learn how to stop us too.

Sterling Archer

Woah now. Hold on everyone. Based on the lambasting I got for looking at his time at Molde and all the additional insight, Ole just needs four years...to get us up to 2nd.

Be a Top Red. Be patient. Settle.

OverratedOpinion

Are you saying he can't fix it?
I am saying it is a lot easier to say than do and takes time. We have around the 5th or 6th best squad in the league and we are 6th, maybe with a bit of investment and time we will have the 4th best squad in the league and be 4th. So on and so forth.

crossy1686

career ending
You mean the guy who asked to leave and go to Italy in March and the same guy who only wanted to play CF and was unhappy about being asked to play as a wide target man? That guy? Because you made it sound like he was forced out of the club.

Zoo

Just because we’re a young team going in a new direction doesn’t mean we should accept these inconsistencies. Ole should be raging after this but is too passive.

Needs to start Greenwood for Lingard, but then we have no options off the bench that can change the game at all. This squad is horrific. Don't know if Ole is the right man for the job but the total mismanagement by Woodward is a far greater problem than him

KennyBurner

This is why we are still all on the fence. It doesnt take a genius to know we should have removed lingard much earlier than we did. 30 minutes isnt enough time nowadays in our situation. he just doesnt make the necessary changes quick enough. We knew before the game that everton would sit deep away and yet he still opted for lingard. Its tiring dropping silly points when we should be taking advantage of our rivals losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.