Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

We can get to 2 points of 4th if we win today. The league has to be our number one focus surely
I would rather we win something again. We need to bring winning mentality back rather than turn into Arsenal fully.
Also lots of games in the league anyway. Cups should suit us more with big games and not so many of them.

If we got easier games in the Fa cup though we should rotate. Although against Wolves we need our best team 100%.

I would rather we win something again. We need to bring winning mentality back rather than turn into Arsenal fully.
Also lots of games in the league anyway. Cups should suit us more with big games and not so many of them.

If we got easier games in the Fa cup though we should rotate. Although against Wolves we need our best team 100%.
winning a trophy would do wonders for the club.

I think and hope OGS will be managing is in 2 years.

He’s brought us some good players who have gone straight into the team, jettisoned some of the poison (Lukuku. Sanchez) and promoted youth. He’d done well and the club is moving in the right direction.

bondsname

Does anyone really expect Ole to be our manager in two seasons from now? Hell, even one?

If not, then get rid of him now, why extend the pain? Never won anything as a manager, not playing a style of football that looks like winning anything, not picking players who look capable of winning anything.

We're Utd, we accept the best and only the best.
In my humble opinion, Ole seem to idolize Ferguson quite a bit and is trying to influence a whole restructure of the club, like he did, everything down to culture and transfer strategy. He is also heavily focused on youth than can only benefit us in the long run.

Sure there may be other alternatives but we finally have someone here who genuinely wants us to improve in all aspects. The days of signing superstars past their best are gone, our fitness levels have improved and the players are backing Ole. You just don't throw that away.

It's wise to let him build a team and not demolish all the work he has done so another manager can launch a new rebuild. We have done that repeatedly these paat 6 years ans gotten nowhere.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Financially though the top 4 is just so important.
80m + makes a huge difference to the way the club can run, then that helps us push for more cup runs in the future.

solidifying our place in the top 4 is more important than winning the league cup for example.

Paul_Scholes18

Financially though the top 4 is just so important.
80m + makes a huge difference to the way the club can run, then that helps us push for more cup runs in the future.

solidifying our place in the top 4 is more important than winning the league cup for example.
We are so bad at spending money though. We will probably just waste it or the Glaziers will take it.
Anyway we should focus on everything overall. Just if we get City or Liverpool in the final or semi final that should be our main focus to knock them out.

Rest players in the league before the big games in europe or the cups. Although play the best team in most games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We are so bad at spending money though. We will probably just waste it or the Glaziers will take it.
Anyway we should focus on everything overall. Just if we get City or Liverpool in the final or semi final that should be our main focus to knock them out.

Rest players in the league before the big games in europe or the cups. Although play the best team in most games.
We were previously but perhaps it’s down to the manager too? Solskjær seems a bit more set on what he wants.

LVG and Jose seemed happy to sign anybody as long as they got someone.

jose for example signed Bailly and Lindelöf, then acted like he’d never even seen them before? saying Lindelöf is bad in the air, well why sign him if you know he’s weak? Just seems odd.

probably doesn’t help that Woodward isn’t really a football man so he can’t turn around and say no they won’t fit us.

Paul_Scholes18

We were previously but perhaps it’s down to the manager too? Solskjær seems a bit more set on what he wants.

LVG and Jose seemed happy to sign anybody as long as they got someone.

jose for example signed Bailly and Lindelöf, then acted like he’d never even seen them before? saying Lindelöf is bad in the air, well why sign him if you know he’s weak? Just seems odd.

probably doesn’t help that Woodward isn’t really a football man so he can’t turn around and say no they won’t fit us.
We still spent far too much on Maguire this summer. Although James was a gem no doubt.
We need to bring in the right player soon to not fall even further behind Liverpool and City.

Walters_19_MuFc

Ole - ‘We are going to strengthen. We are going to get starters into this team — we need to,’ he said. ‘We are one or two players down in numbers.

Who do we think the one or two starters are then?

My guess is a right winger and attacking midfielder. Sancho and Maddison. I don't think we'll get them in January, but may have a chance in the summer, which Ole goes onto say in his interview.

‘But it doesn’t have to be this window, it might be the summer window.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/15/manc...-news-signings-january-man-utd-news-11909018/

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ole - ‘We are going to strengthen. We are going to get starters into this team — we need to,’ he said. ‘We are one or two players down in numbers.

Who do we think the one or two starters are then?

My guess is a right winger and attacking midfielder. Sancho and Maddison. I don't think we'll get them in January, but may have a chance in the summer, which Ole goes onto say in his interview.

‘But it doesn’t have to be this window, it might be the summer window.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/15/manc...-news-signings-january-man-utd-news-11909018/
Right Wing, Midfield and Left Back?

LucasXXII

Again we struggled to create anything when the opposition sits back and are paying for it. You just can't shrug it off as "players aren't up for it" at this point.

Personnel may be an issue but tactics must improve.

hobbers

Will Ole find a blueprint for beating teams we should be beating before his time runs out?

Probably not.

Holocene

Will Ole find a blueprint for beating teams we should be beating before his time runs out?

Probably not.
He's been here a year and there's zero evidence of a system that can break down a low block.

Player's arent the issue, it's tactical.

dove

Predictable. When teams give us space, we can play decent. When they don't, we are fecked. Explains why Ole is so desperately trying to make us a mid table team.

Kag

I don’t understand his defensive approach at set pieces, mind. Not one bit.

Maguire is practicality out of action and the likes of Mina and Keane are being given a ten yard run up past midgets like Fred and Wan-Bissaka.

Otamendi had the same luxury last week.

Roboc7

Shouldn’t be surprised really, this is how we play against everyone outside top 6. Once they settled Everton have looked like a much better side, despite not actually being very good and having players missing.

Anustart89

This is exactly what people were saying was going to happen after the City game, but they were shouted down and called idiots for the past week. This is why I'm not fully on board with the project seeing as we're showing no progress against these types of teams, which make up the majority of teams in the league.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I see that OleOUT agenda led posters can’t wait to pounce, even though it’s just half time and we are down because of unfairly allowed goal. So pathetic.

dove

I see that OleOUT agenda led posters can’t wait to pounce, even though it’s just half time and we are down because of unfairly allowed goal. So pathetic.
Agenda? I think Ole in guys have more of an agenda, for some reason they want to see United suffer and disappear into mediocrity.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This is exactly what people were saying was going to happen after the City game, but they were shouted down and called idiots for the past week. This is why I'm not fully on board with the project seeing as we're showing no progress against these types of teams, which make up the majority of teams in the league.
Don’t think most care if you’re ‘on board’ and neither does Woodward.

Tarrou

No they weren't. Everyone is in agreement that we struggle against teams that sit back.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Because it's so obvious we're a park the bus team. We're just a shitter version of Mourinhos 17/18 team.

cj_sparky

But the game follows the same pattern as most and we stop plying in the last 15 minutes of the half.

Untd55

In no way shape or form did I suggest everyone needs the same opinions. There are many posters here who clearly know football who disagree with me. That is fine. That is acceptable, I just don’t like people who post absolute drivel. Who have no intelligence and in general ruin the discourse on the board. You know people who say things like...
So, any posts you think are wrong are drivel. That isn't really making you sound any better.

Ruin the discourse on the board? What about all the childish comments from the 'true fans' like yourself. You act like a fanatic clique on here at times.

So you quote some posts I have made. Seriously, I stand by the Solskjaer league two remarks as it is true. That is exactly what we did; it is an inarguable point. The Norwegian league is league Two standard and we got a manager from it. Fact.

Mctominay is not a first-team standard United player. He is alright for a mid-table United, but is not any more than that.

Idxomer

If you're playing Lingard in those games, you might as well play with a man down.

Shark

@NotShark
So I see the latest fad criticism is that we’re game raisers now :lol:. Winning a few games must have been really hard on some of you.
Oh give over and don’t be so sensitive. I’m sure we’re all over the moon with our wins vs Spurs and City, but we haven’t been good enough against teams that sit back, that’s a fact. Why shouldn’t it concern us?

Roboc7

Ole rightly got praise for seeing off Pep and Jose, today he’s rightly be criticised Ferguson having his number.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
We were actually pathetic in the last 60 minutes against City where we continually conceded attacks and attacks. Today, it's back to the normal problem of being useless going forward. Will never be good enough.

Mainoldo

This long term plan... he’s not going to live it out. Thinking we can be this inconsistent.

hobbers

Do we want a manager who can get a point against Klopp and see off Pep, but who gets humiliated by every Tom, Dick and Sam Allerdyce around?

reddevil702

Surprise, surprise, United look clueless against a team that stays compact and gives up possession.

Fosu-Mens

So, any posts you think are wrong are drivel. That isn't really making you sound any better.

Ruin the discourse on the board? What about all the childish comments from the 'true fans' like yourself. You act like a fanatic clique on here at times.

So you quote some posts I have made. Seriously, I stand by the Solskjaer league two remarks as it is true. That is exactly what we did; it is an inarguable point. The Norwegian league is league Two standard and we got a manager from it. Fact.

Mctominay is not a first-team standard United player. He is alright for a mid-table United, but is not any more than that.
I think the idea here is that the way you present your argument is what is the issue.

I actually think it will be in Manutd's interest to lose. I know some will say 'you're not a true fan', but losing points in the short run and sacking Solskjaer will be a bigger positive than scrapping out a lucky point and keeping Solskjaer for another game.
Because... Long term this is not going to work, so better to get a capable manager in asap to put us on the right track.

How do people think McTominay will be good enough for a first-eleven is beyond me.
Because... he is not good enough on the ball. Takes to long on the ball.

You could get anyone and he will get at least the same results as Solskjaer. He is a league 2 standard manager who has been bumped up due to his connection with the club.
Again... Because our inability to attack against a balanced defence, sub-par ability on the ball among the players in the team, players brought in not suited to play the type of football that will make us able to compete at the highest level etc.

When you post statements without an explanation or reasoning they are...
absolute drivel.
FYI, I share your opinion that OGS will not bring short or long term success to our club as a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.