Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexdegea

The first goal was scored via a counter attack when they decided to suddenly open the field and attack, followed by an OG. Not sure how that proves anyone wrong that we're still clueless in front of low blocks and counter attacking is our only strategy of play this season. More like it proves it. Weird post.

I know we struggle against teams that sit back, I'm no disputing that.

It's the fans who start bashing at half time busting to get the boot in, but we end up winning comfortably, and scored a couple against the tight defence boxed in.

Quite obvious we lack a bit of creativity in midfield at the moment. It's a big problem. But a blind man could see that.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The first goal was scored via a counter attack when they decided to suddenly open the field and attack, followed by an OG. Not sure how that proves anyone wrong that we're still clueless in front of low blocks and counter attacking is our only strategy of play this season. More like it proves it. Weird post.
Im not sure why anyone thinks our deficiencies are going to change though? People say the same thing every week like they're surprised it's still an issue or why hasn't it be solved yet? It doesn't matter how many training sessions there are Ole is still having to put out teams where the creative onus is on the likes of Lingard, Andreas, Fred and McTominay, none of these are creative players so it's no surprise things aren't improving and they won't till A- Pogba returns and/or B- we buy new players

Nothing is going to change until one of those 2 things happen so why do people feel the need to repeat themselves after every half of football?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Im not sure why anyone thinks our deficiencies are going to change though? People say the same thing every week like they're surprised it's still an issue or why hasn't it be solved yet? It doesn't matter how many training sessions there are Ole is still having to put out teams where the creative onus is on the likes of Lingard, Andreas, Fred and McTominay, none of these are creative players so it's no surprise things aren't improving and they won't till A- Pogba returns and/or B- we buy new players

Nothing is going to change until one of those 2 things happen so why do people feel the need to repeat themselves after every half of football?
Because they've decided its all down to the manager and they want to be right.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Do all the moaners in here remember how Ferguson started? Did he go full out attack, win every game by atleast 7 goals and play 12 year olds everytime? I don't remember but that's the impression I'm getting.

Whinging even when we win. Like they don't understand it takes time to build, too used to football manager or FIFA.

They'd have a revolving door of managers, probably change the fella every match he doesn't win. Wanting poch even when he's just had a mare at spurs. Nobody is gonna guarantee success, it takes time, investment and patience.

Ole is doing fine for me so far.
Some of the players however I'd question.

pascell

I saw many intentions when rashford, martial, shaw etc. took good runs behind the defenders but no one had the courage or skill to take that deep pass (matic, mata, pereira). I think the problem isn't the movement, but that we have zero creative midfielder to take those passes.
Pogba would make those passes, Fred has also shown he'd attempt them also.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Outwork me then. You clearly have a Tony Martial attitude. Get some Jamie Vardy in you. *pause*
Why would I want to outwork you? It's revealing you think it's impressive. Why am I not surprised? :lol:

lRed

You best not Ever moan in this forum again. I’ll want you to explain yourself.
Problem with """""fans""""" like you is :

You have so much ego, you so much want to be right about everything, that you are turning blind and keep throwing attacks to anyone who thinks differently because you think your pov is universal. It became personal with you guys and Solskjaer, what did he do to your family, to your kids, to your wife ? Did you ever want him to success at United ?

I'll never understand the pathology.
Give the lad a break and enjoy the return of Fooball at Old Trafford, your health will get better.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Probably. It’s part of being a football fan.
It's part of being a sourpuss. I don't know a single football fan that doesn't get b*lls excited about the next game and the next game. Except for the Caf, here it is a sport to find negatives and focus on them.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
At Christmas, folks, try to think of those less fortunate than yourselves. Think of the poor bastards who gain no pleasure from their own team winning a cup quarter final 3-0, those miserable gits who derive no pleasure from derby victories, who weep at Europa League progress. To those of you who bizarrely seem to be enjoying life as a United fan at the moment, I salute you. Let's raise a glass to our collective cluelessness and naivety.

el3mel

Defending deep thats all you have to say . Seriously need to start shooting people saying low blocks thinking its trendy
Does it make much difference? I mean as long as the meaning is understandable for the readers.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bitterness when we don't win, bitterness when we win, bitterness when we don't score, bitterness when we do score. Some people are just born miserable.

VJ1762

Think the solution to beat the low block is to be the low block. We are absolutely lethal on the counter.

el3mel

I know we struggle against teams that sit back, I'm no disputing that.

It's the fans who start bashing at half time busting to get the boot in, but we end up winning comfortably, and scored a couple against the tight defence boxed in.

Quite obvious we lack a bit of creativity in midfield at the moment. It's a big problem. But a blind man could see that.
This is Colchester. Even while moaning everyone was sure we were going to win. It's a league two side and now they will have enough experience or nerves to keep it tight for 90 minutes at OT. No one was in doubt. The problem wasn't winning or losing today. It's that the same problems we had in the league is still occurring and occurred today once a team parked the bus. And ironically we couldn't open the game till they decided suddenly to make an attack and open the defense then we scored via a counter. So I'm not sure whom you are laughing at.

If we don't solve this problem we will keep dropping points left, right and center against mid-table teams in the league.

Mainoldo

It's part of being a sourpuss. I don't know a single football fan that doesn't get b*lls excited about the next game and the next game. Except for the Caf, here it is a sport to find negatives and focus on them.
If I didn’t look forward to games why would I watch it? I’m not a prisoner to Manchester United. I have a choice.

Mainoldo

Problem with """""fans""""" like you is :

You have so much ego, you so much want to be right about everything, that you are turning blind and keep throwing attacks to anyone who thinks differently because you think your pov is universal. It became personal with you guys and Solskjaer, what did he do to your family, to your kids, to your wife ? Did you ever want him to success at United ?

I'll never understand the pathology.
Give the lad a break and enjoy the return of Fooball at Old Trafford, your health will get better.
What return of football? You questioning what type of fan I am because I don’t back the manager? It’s boring now.. becoming a cult.

alexthelion

So when does this become a serious discussion again because his tactics are gash...

I think I prefer David Moyes football.
When we get at least one creative midfielder (or preferably two) things will improve. What do you really expect with our complete lack of creativity?

Mainoldo

When we get at least one creative midfielder (or preferably two) things will improve. What do you really expect with our complete lack of creativity?
My issue is it’s League 2. The quality of player should not matter. Matic and Periera are better than that level. Playing style should come through and once again it didn’t.

alexthelion

You best not Ever moan in this forum again. I’ll want you to explain yourself.
Difference between that and moaning in every thread like you do.

You carry on enjoying yourself, though.

Wonder what you'll find to moan about if Ole goes?

Tel074

No Ole is crap. The sooner he goes the better. Hope we will both enjoy it when a proper manager takes us forward. But we’ll probably be disappointed.
Yeah let's get a proper manager like Jose . Unbelievable

Mainoldo

Difference between that and moaning in every thread like you do.

You carry on enjoying yourself, though.

Wonder what you'll find to moan about if Ole goes?
So what will I be moaning about if there is no Ole to moan about? Enlighten me? I don’t see anyone getting on the back of the Pogba moaners.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is Colchester. Even while moaning everyone was sure we were going to win. It's a league two side and now they will have enough experience or nerves to keep it tight for 90 minutes at OT. No one was in doubt. The problem wasn't winning or losing today. It's that the same problems we had in the league is still occurring and occurred today once a team parked the bus. And ironically we couldn't open the game till they decided suddenly to make an attack and open the defense then we scored via a counter. So I'm not sure whom you are laughing at.

If we don't solve this problem we will keep dropping points left, right and center against mid-table teams in the league.
We made plenty of chances in the first half, didn't we have 13 attempts on goal? To say we couldn't open them up is blatantly untrue, we were always going to score eventually.

lysglimt

Scout
If we had Pochettino as manager we would have destroyed Colchester....oh wait…..

Skåre Willoch

Good win today. Still think it's a bit strange to play Maguire and Rashford in this one, but he shows that he means business about winning a title.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good win today. Still think it's a bit strange to play Maguire and Rashford in this one, but he shows that he means business about winning a title.
Maguire - yes strange. Rashford - it was a must. It was a live training session how to play against a team that doesn't give him space for kick and run. Ironically, he scored from the only kick and run opportunity he had

Skåre Willoch

Maguire - yes strange. Rashford - it was a must. It was a live training session how to play against a team that doesn't give him space for kick and run. Ironically, he scored from the only kick and run opportunity he had
Yeah, you're right. I'm just afraid of him burning out with the tight schedule coming up. But he's young with a bunch of routine already, and he should be able to play (almost) every game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Rashford & Martial are in XI probably just to make sure we score and kill the game off. Maguire, well I guess it’s a sign that Ole doesn’t trust Jones anymore even against league 2 side, looks like Jones will be in exit door soon. I think those three make sense to play today but the weird one is Shaw. I don’t see why he needs to start over Williams in this game, could be for match fitness may be.

Skåre Willoch

Rashford & Martial are in XI probably just to make sure we score and kill the game off. Maguire, well I guess it’s a sign that Ole doesn’t trust Jones anymore even against league 2 side, looks like Jones will be in exit door soon. I think those three make sense to play today but the weird one is Shaw. I don’t see why he needs to start over Williams in this game, could be for match fitness may be.
Yeah, match fitness most likely. Williams was subbed on as well, so I guess Ole is sending a message to them both that the spot is there for the taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.