Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aresma7

Just imagine you were Ole. You get to take over the worlds biggest club, at an all time low after weeks with chaos and disaster.

Starting of your season with some very talented, but young players. I think he’s handled it pretty damn well. Given injuries and the top player seemingly uninterested in getting back as soon as possible. Imagine the pressure.. I think he’s handled it very good especially when it comes to the Pogba situation in the media. He picked a team that turned up for the big games. Gave that night in psg..whatever happens in the future i still think he will play a big role in our way back to the top seing it in perspective in a few years

He also lay the foundation to get out club back in a healthy condition by shipping out deadwood, and believing in his young ones to step up. He didn’t get a replacement for Sanchez and Lukaku so I believe the glazer and woodward owes him a Braut Håland ;)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Maguire - yes strange. Rashford - it was a must. It was a live training session how to play against a team that doesn't give him space for kick and run. Ironically, he scored from the only kick and run opportunity he had
Maguire rarely has to put in a full sprint. I guess he's never really tired.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Whilst I don't trust him or feel as if he's the right manager for us. I no longer feel he deserves the sack, at the moment. Things could change again during what will be a difficult Xmas period. Still worrying how we're so one dimensional.

Flexdegea

This is Colchester. Even while moaning everyone was sure we were going to win. It's a league two side and now they will have enough experience or nerves to keep it tight for 90 minutes at OT. No one was in doubt. The problem wasn't winning or losing today. It's that the same problems we had in the league is still occurring and occurred today once a team parked the bus. And ironically we couldn't open the game till they decided suddenly to make an attack and open the defense then we scored via a counter. So I'm not sure whom you are laughing at.

If we don't solve this problem we will keep dropping points left, right and center against mid-table teams in the league.
So if we are sure to win what are they expecting, 6 nil drubbing every match in the games where we are supposed to win on paper?

People moaning for the sake of it. Its ridiculous.

The whole breaking team down point shouldn't even been mentioned as first half we got in twice 1 on 1 with the keeper only Rashford for some reason forgot how to control the ball and missed kicked another time.

No doubt that Ole fault too, not working on patterns or some other advanced system.

Point I was making was comfortable win at the end of the game, but same ole out mafia moaning in another match at half time that ends up premature at the end of the game.

Flexdegea

Bitterness when we don't win, bitterness when we win, bitterness when we don't score, bitterness when we do score. Some people are just born miserable.
100% this.

We have a supporter club WhatsApp group and it's hard to stick. Same ones Poch this and that, then no where to be seen when we actually show good performances and beat quality teams, then pop up again to stick the boot when we draw one, but the same people would call the team the worse ever, but then say the manager not the man for the job because he cant turn draws to wins with the worse players ever, but want other managers in to basically start the whole repeated circle again :lol:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Whilst I don't trust him or feel as if he's the right manager for us. I no longer feel he deserves the sack, at the moment. Things could change again during what will be a difficult Xmas period. Still worrying how we're so one dimensional.
I am pretty confident if we had someone like KDB, Sterling, Silva or even more creative CM's this problem with teams who sit back would not be so big. Hell, even 2017 Mata would have helped massively. What happens time and time again is Martial drop down to participate in the build up while James/Rashford tries to sneak in between the fullbacks and CB's. If the other team has moved their midfield down that space no longer exists and neither of them have the guile or dribbling ability to get through

Both Fred and Scott can hit some nice long range passes at times, but neither of them are any good at passing in small spaces.

The annoying part is that when we have taken the lead we have way to often dropped too deep and instead of playing to our strengths and making it 2-0 it becomes 1-1 because of some feck up in defense.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
It's clear our main problem area is overcoming teams that sit back against us with a low block. That's something that Ole needs to figure out very soon as we have a few teams coming up that will pose this problem for us. That's one mark against him for me so far, as well as our style of play being very one dimensional.

However, if you told me at the start of the season we'd be close to 4th place, in the knockout phase of the EL and in the Carabao Cup SF, I'd be happy. Not to mention getting this while fielding one of the youngest starting 11's in the league, Rashford having his best season and shipping out most of the deadwood. Ole's done okay actually hasn't he? I would give him the January window, back him and see where it takes us.

el3mel

So if we are sure to win what are they expecting, 6 nil drubbing every match in the games where we are supposed to win on paper?

People moaning for the sake of it. Its ridiculous.

The whole breaking team down point shouldn't even been mentioned as first half we got in twice 1 on 1 with the keeper only Rashford for some reason forgot how to control the ball and missed kicked another time.

No doubt that Ole fault too, not working on patterns or some other advanced system.

Point I was making was comfortable win at the end of the game, but same ole out mafia moaning in another match at half time that ends up premature at the end of the game.
They were expecting us to score comfortably and early in the first half against a League two side? I'm not sure what is your problem with that.

Of course not moaning for the sake of it. This has been our problem for the entire seasons now and we saw it getting repeated again.

2 chances only created in a 45 minutes isn't really an indication for anything. Of course if you are going to create that very low amount of chances against teams in a half then that half will end 0-0 most of times. This is football. Not all sitters are scored, and missing chances is part of the games. You need to create a lot to have a better chance of scoring. 2 chances only created in 45 minutes doesn't mean we actually succeeded in breaking them.

"Ole out mafia". :lol: So childish.

el3mel

Agree. That's my stance at the moment. There are things to criticize but for the moment, I won't sack him.

Di Maria's angel

I am pretty confident if we had someone like KDB, Sterling, Silva or even more creative CM's this problem with teams who sit back would not be so big. Hell, even 2017 Mata would have helped massively. What happens time and time again is Martial drop down to participate in the build up while James/Rashford tries to sneak in between the fullbacks and CB's. If the other team has moved their midfield down that space no longer exists and neither of them have the guile or dribbling ability to get through

Both Fred and Scott can hit some nice long range passes at times, but neither of them are any good at passing in small spaces.

The annoying part is that when we have taken the lead we have way to often dropped too deep and instead of playing to our strengths and making it 2-0 it becomes 1-1 because of some feck up in defense.
The last sentence is key. We make the same mistakes over and over again. Surely, we'd have implemented a solution. Same thing with City, we went 2-0 up, shut up shop and faced a barrage of attacks. Why not just keep the pressure going? If we end up conceding 3, and scoring 4, who cares?

Skåre Willoch

The last sentence is key. We make the same mistakes over and over again. Surely, we'd have implemented a solution. Same thing with City, we went 2-0 up, shut up shop and faced a barrage of attacks. Why not just keep the pressure going? If we end up conceding 3, and scoring 4, who cares?
Because the players can't run and press like that for 90 minutes. They're human beings, not machines. With 30%-ish possession draining the players, every counter attack with the aftermath of having to track back quickly is exhausting and cannot be done against a team like city for 90 minutes straight.

We ended up conceding 1 and scoring 2, so who cares?

Sylar

Thanks to Mata. We need more players that can pull off passes like that.
Yep, that pass in a tight space is killer. And then the opposition knowing that can happen will worry the defence meaning other spaces may open up in front of them.

The rumour that its Ole who banished Pogba from first team is quite something. Regardless, I do think we need to move Pogba on but still would be three cms short (and we need to move matic on so that would make 4). I would be surprised if we managed to get more than 1 in a window with Ed.

Right now we are 2 injuries away from having Mata, Lingard, Pereria as our midfield three.

troylocker

They were expecting us to score comfortably and early in the first half against a League two side? I'm not sure what is your problem with that.

Of course not moaning for the sake of it. This has been our problem for the entire seasons now and we saw it getting repeated again.

2 chances only created in a 45 minutes isn't really an indication for anything. Of course if you are going to create that very low amount of chances against teams in a half then that half will end 0-0 most of times. This is football. Not all sitters are scored, and missing chances is part of the games. You need to create a lot to have a better chance of scoring. 2 chances only created in 45 minutes doesn't mean we actually succeeded in breaking them.

"Ole out mafia". :lol: So childish.
We have been struggling to break down the low-block defensive teams this season, and you expect us to open up and comfortably get early goals against Colchester, who has done this to perfection against both Crystal Palace and Tottenham in the previous two rounds (didn't concede against any of them), we win 3-0, scoring all goals from open play, dominate them from start to finish and you manage to find a negative take on that. Well done!

el3mel

We have been struggling to break down the low-block defensive teams this season, and you expect us to open up and comfortably get early goals against Colchester, who has done this to perfection against both Crystal Palace and Tottenham in the previous two rounds (didn't concede against any of them), we win 3-0, scoring all goals from open play, dominate them from start to finish and you manage to find a negative take on that. Well done!
:lol: Of course yes we should be expecting that. What a weird point to make.

I don't know what some of you want us to say, we saw the same problem we had the entire season against any parked bus even from league two side, that we couldn't open the game till we manage a counter despite having +70% possession, again the story of our season. Ok, fun goals, good second half, good win, as I said in the post match thread, and as I said up top, I'm not for sacking Ole at the moment, as the results and performance have improved, but if we keep on having the same problem we'll keep fecking up small and midtable teams games in the league as we have been doing these months which won't help our case come the end of the season. Are we expected to come after every game and just say we're great and move on ? Why were people mocking RAWK few years ago for their delusion and shutting up any negative talk about Liverpool then ? It seems some just want us to become like them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My issue is it’s League 2. The quality of player should not matter. Matic and Periera are better than that level. Playing style should come through and once again it didn’t.
You forget that Colcester beat both Tottenham and Palace on penalties by keeping it to a 0-0.

Both of those sides didn't manage a single goal, yet we scored 3.

Yes we had a below par first half, but we wore them out with multiple attacks. If we'd have lost on penalties like the other premier league teams, maybe you have a right to moan.

Even "the greatest modern manager" Guardiola struggled to beat a team in Oxford United. Sometimes these matches are just tricky affairs, it's the reason why cup upsets happen.

Yes we need to work on breaking down deep lying defenses, but the players have to accept responsibility too. It's their movement and quick thinking that'll do that, not Ole from the bench.

AshRK

I agree with the logic of maintaining the pressure and not sitting back and which is why I was fuming after our game against Sheffield where Ole took Martial off for Tuanzebe and we let SFU back in the game. But I do not not agree with the sentiment of who cares if we concede 3 or 4. Trust me it is easier said than done. Fans would go crazy if we start losing by conceding 4 goals. Sadly we are in a result oriented era and Ole or any other manager will be judged by results.

The level of movement for our third is how we should look to play against tight defences. A combination of swift passing and off the ball movement. The more we have of either the easier to becomes.
Aye, the third is something we’ve not really seen at all, would’ve preferred it to be the first goal as we still seemed to need a fast counter attack to break the deadlock.
Still, that said, it’s nice to see the patience and movement exists in the team even if we needed to be two goals to the good first.

As you say @ivaldo, that’s exactly how we should be playing and training to beat packed defenses.

Di Maria's angel

In fairness, thats not a lot of points and I imagine a poor goal difference considering we won 9 (?) out of our first 11 and scored quite a few.

troylocker

In fairness, thats not a lot of points and I imagine a poor goal difference considering we won 9 (?) out of our first 11 and scored quite a few.
The goal difference is +17. Is that as poor as you imagined?

For after thought: If you agree that +17 is not that poor, maybe you’ll do the simple research before you imagine how poor it is in your posts...

ReddBalls

For after thought: If you agree that +17 is not that poor, maybe you’ll do the simple research before you imagine how poor it is in your posts...
It's shockingly enough poorer than the teams ahead and better than the teams behind. Who could have imagined?

el3mel

Yeah I dont think anyone is actually Ole out, it's just a bunch of whiny, kneejerk, entitled twats who are desperate to be on the right side of history.
Yes. We pray everyday for our opinion on an internet forum to be proven right.

mu4c_20le

Well I wasn't referring to you specifically, nor is it wrong to want him out during our worst run when we struggled to win any games. But there are some that take it too far with the abuse, and I'm assuming social media has a part to play in this, but sometimes it feels like a competition to see who can be the most dramatic and OTT, that it does start to feel personal.

el3mel

Well I wasn't referring to you specifically, nor is it wrong to want him out during our worst run when we struggled to win any games. But there are some that take it too far with the abuse, and I'm assuming social media has a part to play in this, but sometimes it feels like a competition to see who can be the most dramatic and OTT, that it does start to feel personal.
For me, as I said in this thread I don't have much problem with Ole, nor I still want him gone as much as I wanted previously (even when I still feel it's inevitable he'll be sacked at one point) but the results and performance have improved recently, so he deserves time and chance for now. Though we need to improve our ability to deal with defensive teams or we'll keep fecking up small games. I don't see any problem with saying that. Don't care what other says, because I can't control what they say!

Flexdegea

The Ole out mafia was a rip from a previous funny comment early in thread ........hardly meant as a serious comment :lol:

Di Maria's angel

Yeah thats pretty crap over a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.