Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Watching his post match interviews is like watching Ty on AFTV. I know we all said Jose was too negative but this is taking the piss.

Reactions: Fortitude

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A lot of the stuff he's saying in the media makes him look weak and like he's pandering to the players.
It's because he is. He believes if you keep the players on your side he will fine in the long run. He was high fiving them at the end of the game.

It's beyond hopeless.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This team needs leadership and tactical instructions. Ole don’t have either of it in his management.

AshRK

Spot on. Just being too nice will get him nowhere. It seems he hasn't learnt much from sir alex after all. Maybe just the "no value in the market"bs

mirdo

Ole: "Pogba? Three or four weeks maybe, I don't know. He's been advised to have an operation by his people and he'll probably do that." #mufc [BBC]

Change the word operation with transfer and it makes perfect sense.

SweetRightFoot

Losing patience in Ole. Picking sh!te players plays havoc with a teams morale and picking Lingard and Matic to run your midfield is even worse.

Where's Pogba? Why not start Greenwood? Why not play Andreas deep so he can run and track back? Looks like they played us off the park and when you compare line ups, it's easy to see why. Embarrassing choices from the manager.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I wish he would stop bleating on about that. The remainder of our games in the league this month are Norwich (H), Liverpool (A) and Burnley (H). I suggest it is unlikely that we stay undefeated for the rest of month, so chances are that people are going to throw that back at him. We also have to play Wolves (A) and City (H & A) in the cups so further losses are likely there too.

IrishRedDevil

He looked weak as water talking prematch about Pogba. Like a nervous school kid standing in front of his classmates trying to give a presentation.

Mainoldo

Ole: "Pogba? Three or four weeks maybe, I don't know. He's been advised to have an operation by his people and he'll probably do that." #mufc [BBC]

Change the word operation with transfer and it makes perfect sense.
What did you think of the game?

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
This shit really doesn't fly when he's dicked on by West Ham, Watford, these guys, can't lay a punch on Bournemouth, Southampton with 10 men, etc etc.
What shit?
McT and Pogba out, who replaces them? He should have bought someone? This ain't FM. 50mill is a lot of money. Faster, attacking football? With Matic, Fred, Pereira and Mata? Or the kids? He needs players who'll suit his style. Let's see what happens in January and/or the summer window

Yagami

Good post resistant
The fans love to worship their cult leader. They are most likely in full agreement of his latest comments.
Even though I'm Ole out, I get it, because I still love him regardless of him ultimately being out of his depth. You have to face facts, though, and separate the player from the manager, and Ole the manager just doesn't seem to be good enough unfortunately.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Spot on. Just being too nice will get him nowhere. It seems he hasn't learnt much from sir alex after all. Maybe just the "no value in the market"bs
Finally, someone says it!

SAFMUTD

What shit?
McT and Pogba out, who replaces them? He should have bought someone? This ain't FM. 50mill is a lot of money. Faster, attacking football? With Matic, Fred, Pereira and Mata? Or the kids? He needs players who'll suit his style. Let's see what happens in January and/or the summer window
Feck his style, he’s no proven manager to be demanding specific players for a particular style.

Managers should work with what they have, he already had two transfer windows to keep justifiying him because he doesnt have the players that suit his style, I mean what the actual feck. If the players don’t suit your style, then change the style, adapt the tactics to the players you have.

People waiting for him to buy 11 new players just to realize Ole is a failure.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
This seems to be the main response from the Ole in brigade, so im gonna ask.

Specifically what right steps are we taking? Please elaborate.

And leaving the team in a healthier way than Mourinho, if you mean in the morale part I agree, the team was devastated with Mou, but besides that? The team has no better foundations, no better work rate, no clear attacking patterns, a bunch of players keep getting injured so theres that as well, so again besides the morale is there anything else to say its a “healthier” team?
A healthier team is a team with less "noise" and less drama. Beaides the Pogba saga we have a very quite dressinf room despite all of our problems. Under Jose everything was toxic.

I also think people are exagarating in the footballing part. Yeah we aint always playing good football, but we have showed clear signs of improvement in a lot of game this season. Our challenge has been consistency, and Ole has done a bad job in keeping his players consistent and thata on him.

But with all that said, we have less deadwood this days, well probably get rid of a few more in the next 18 month and either Ole or the next manager after him will have much better foundations to work with than the ones LVG and Jose left. Its up to the board to bring in adequate players in their place. To say I trust them to do that? I dont. But if we dont make champions league a few years in a row, revenues will plamit and even our bpard will have to act. And I want to believe we wont get to that.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Feck his style, he’s no proven manager to be demanding specific players for a particular style.

Managers should work with what they have, he already had two transfer windows to keep justifiying him because he doesnt have the players that suit his style, I mean what the actual feck. If the players don’t suit your style, then change the style, adapt the tactics to the players you have.

The manager should not be allowed to buy players or implement his own style?

We might not need 11 players, but not far off after the Moyes, LVG and Mourinho years.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Even though I'm Ole out, I get it, because I still love him regardless of him ultimately being out of his depth. You have to face facts, though, and separate the player from the manager, and Ole the manager just doesn't seem to be good enough unfortunately.
More power to you. Not everyone is capable of separating the two it seems.

I refuse to believe Ole the player had such a nonchalant attitude towards losing, the way Ole the manager seems to. From someone who worked under the great man for so long, It's like polar opposites mentality wise.

hobbers

The smiling is pretty pathetic. He should have absolutely nothing to smile about.

But then this is the same guy who was perfectly content to spend most of his career on the bench, so what do you expect?

spiriticon

I have to agree with RVP that he smiles too much.

The last manager frowned all the time. This one smiles all the time.

The players must be so fecking confused :lol:

Roboc7

He is working with what he has he’s just doing it to his level of ability which isn’t very good. He’s a manager who would have spent rest of his career in Norway, not even at top the table. That’s reality of who we have in charge, there’s no logic or precedent for him being a success. It’s be a miracle if an outdated, limited manager turned all this around.

Backrow Singer

For me, as it stands right now, this is as bad as I’ve felt about the club for a long, long time. I say that because it feels like the club is now acceptant of mediocrity and maybe even more so are the fans. We had a good couple of days against City and Spurs, which were games that suited us. The way we celebrate and speak about victories against teams who in previous years, we wouldn’t have blinked at beating is really concerning for me though. It’s been a tough couple of years but it still felt like we had some ambition, like we wanted to do better. I’m now questioning whether that’s still the case. We’re now sounding like a top seven/eight club in my opinion. So, so many if’s, but’s and maybe’s.

I’m still hopeful that things will turn around, I’m clinging to the fact that everyone is losing games. Spurs, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, none of us show any consistency. We do have some potentially decent players. It’s bloody painful at the minute though.

I’m fearful of where we’re going, 100%.

Paul_Scholes18

Reading this comment I have changed my mind and want him gone now. Could get really ugly otherwise with hard games to come. A fresh interim manager might be able to raise our game. Although the lack of options now would make it hard to reach very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.