Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bristol_Red_87

I just don't see how anyone can be as blinkered to still back Ole?

I'm not fussed about up and down results, losing or drawing games due to naivety or individual errors, its a young team and also a very poor one at that, so i always expected this coming into the season.

However, and i must say i lay a huge amount of blame at the players feet for this, the most alarming aspect is our attitude, and Ole's attitude is included in this. As soon as we go behind, we look beaten. We are so fragile mentally and have zero leadership on or off the pitch.

You could throw the same at the current Arsenal team, right? I saw David Luiz, yes DAVID LUIZ marshall his team to a clean sheet tonight, Lacazette leading from the front, Ozil worked his socks off, Xhaka and Torreira dominated (ok, not much to write home about against Fred and Matic).

People can say its the new manager bounce, Arsenal were at home, we were poor, OGS got the same kind of response when he first took charge blah, blah, blah.

But if you can't continue to motivate your troops, if you can't instill a mental fortitude that you need at this level, if you can't adapt your side when plan a isn't working, then you my friend, can not manage at this level. Period.

Jonno

RVP in the studio asking if our midfielders have the ability to see our strikers runs

Rio saying there’s no patterns of play, just give these ball to Martial and hope something happens

James Ward

Two of the Worst offensive full backs in the league in Shaw and AWB
Bang average midfield.
AWB and Maguire have not been good sigings.
Players not motivated and a lot of them are standing like statues.
Solskaer keeps playing the same formation over and over again which is clearly not working.

We are a top eight team with the current squad and manager.

Please just sign two proper center midfielders between Janaury and the start of the new season and a world class striker with Fred and Pogba(if he's still here) swapping the number 10 role.

Oh and course OLE OUT!!!

Xaviboy

Needs to get at least 2 players in this month as we may see few more defeats in the coming weeks especially with McT and Pogba out.

R'hllor

You can be Ole in or out all day, dont even care about result but performance and things going on the pitch, nah, that not gonna slide and this aint for the first time either. We wont get gifts like vs Newcastle every week nor play ogres.

Picking Shaw, Matic, Lingard etc. is on him and dont come out with " who else is there " bullshit, use that brainwashed shit on someone who gonna buy it. How long we gonna watch them being clueless in final third most of time, how long our strategy will be " Jesus take the wheel " and hope someone comes out with individual brilliance.
Nobody gonna disregard need for certain quality but we aint even trying to pull something off because our pockets are empty.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Games like today show he’s tactically inept. All managers have bad games, but Ole’s seem to be far too regular. Not cut out for this level.

Castia

David Moyes lost 15 times as permanent manager after 53 games

Ole has already beaten that by losing 16 in his 38

Crazy how there seems to be zero pressure from the press or board and everybody just carries on like weve got everything under control, madness.

Ole Out enough is enough.

El Jefe

Nah mate today was purely Ole.

Greenwood over James.

Pereira over Lingard.

Williams over Shaw.

If we lose then we blame the players - how anyone can not see that is beyond me, our better players were on the subs bench.

We couldn't attack the first half so we ended up defending instead. Let in two goals and tried to attack afterwards.
All of these players could have started and the result would have been the same. The game was dead after DDG clowning about again.

I blame the players because it was individual mistakes that cost us. Maguire not holding the line on the first goal and DDG fecking up the second. Arsenal were better than us but that can happen in a half of football.

Kostur

海尔的老板

:lol:
I had to check it with transfermarkt, if we're counting league only then yes, he's right, if overall then we've lost twice in November to Astana and Bmouth.

Worrying thing is that he must've had this excuse ready before the match even fecking started to come up with something as absurd. Joke's on him, we're playing Liverpool in January. He's worse than Moyes with his deluded bullshit, feck off with this bullshit, it's like he's talking to a bunch of fecking morons.

AshRK

Can someone please tell him to stop starting jesse lingard. The guy starts and we lose. Poor from Ole.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What do people expect. As caretaker he didn't buy. No surprise. His first window, in my opinion, he bought players we desperately needed and got rid of loads. I don't know who he wanted that he didn't get. Probably at least one midfielder. Fred's improvement may well be down to Ole. Pogba's been wanting out since before Ole. Can't see how to blame that on him. He's got what he's got and imo exceeded expectations. Pretty sure we're looking to improve midfield and attack. If that happens in January we may well make top four. When we play at our best we look pretty good. Young, inexperienced side and all that. Won't fix that in one window.
This shit really doesn't fly when he's dicked on by West Ham, Watford, these guys, can't lay a punch on Bournemouth, Southampton with 10 men, etc etc.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
All of these players could have started and the result would have been the same. The game was dead after DDG clowning about again.

I blame the players because it was individual mistakes that cost us. Maguire not holding the line on the first goal and DDG fecking up the second. Arsenal were better than us but that can happen in a half of football.
I don't think so - I felt we didn't have our best attacking plan so we went out to defend & counter attack due to Ole's picks & failed.

We basically gegenpressed ourselves.

Eddy_JukeZ

Crazy how there seems to be zero pressure from the press or board and everybody just carries on like weve got everything under control, madness.

Zero pressure from the media too.

It's bemusing.

He'll be here the entire season. I've made my peace with it.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Because the standards have dropped. Us being shit isn't as big news anymore.

SAFMUTD

Were taking steps in the right direction and even if Ole wont be here in a years time, he will leave his successor a healthier team than the one he got from Jose.
This seems to be the main response from the Ole in brigade, so im gonna ask.

Specifically what right steps are we taking? Please elaborate.

And leaving the team in a healthier way than Mourinho, if you mean in the morale part I agree, the team was devastated with Mou, but besides that? The team has no better foundations, no better work rate, no clear attacking patterns, a bunch of players keep getting injured so theres that as well, so again besides the morale is there anything else to say its a “healthier” team?

Paul_Scholes18

RVP just said the players pretty much have no fear of him
Don't think fear is what they need.
They need proper instructions on how we should move the ball in attack in order to create chances.

Effort is not the big problem even if it sometimes is a bit bad.
We are not mentally very strong either as a group and Ole is a big part in that.
His subs and changes has never given us any wins.
We got a draw against Sheffield, but conceded late.

mu4c_20le

I blame Pogba. Ole probably had the tactics planned around him, only to have the rug pulled out from under him By Raiola and co

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
This team is a ship with no captain at the helm. No guidance = No standards... No standards = No consistency = Us under Ole.

Ole is a nice guy, but he is simply not good enough. The sooner he goes and we can employ a quality manager, the better.

SAFMUTD

RVP just said the players pretty much have no fear of him
Why would they? He just keep lowering the standard to make the present circumstance acceptable.

First it was a new manager that took the team in half season so anything was allowed, even the shitty performances and disastrous results and the end of the season, now this is a write off season to get the squad for next’s.

He’s only buying time, he can’t put pressure on the players for underperforming because that would point out he isn’t getting the results or performances that are required, instead he justifies this shit circus to lower the pressure on the team and consecuently on him.

always_hoping

Said it before today and nothing I seen after watching tonights game has lifted my fear of the amount of damage and painful viewing we'll have to endure this month.

By the end of this month it will come as no surprise if United are out of the league cup, FA Cup and 4th out of reach.

SAFMUTD

This team is a ship with no captain at the helm. No guidance = No standards... No standards = No consistency = Us under Ole.

Ole is a nice guy, but he is simply not good enough. The sooner he goes and we can employ a quality manager, the better.
Why everyone keeps repeating he’s a nice guy, as if that counted for shit?

I don’t care if any manager is a nice guy or a complete bastard, it has nothing to do with being a coach. A coach should be judged on performances and results, at both he’s shit, no matter how much of a good guy he is.

Fracture90

I agree; I have never seen an incompetent manager like him before and I thought we had it worse with Moyes but he is the pinocle of shit manager.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but at least Moyes showed some tendency to attack beyond counter attacking, with his endless crosses, but right now, we're clueless.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Why everyone keeps repeating he’s a nice guy, as if that counted for shit?

I don’t care if any manager is a nice guy or a complete bastard, it has nothing to do with being a coach. A coach should be judged on performances and results, at both he’s shit, no matter how much of a good guy he is.
You're right, I agree. I'm just being polite as i'm thankful for his caretaker period. But he should be gone by the summer at the latest. Been here a year and we're going nowhere.

Castia

Awful presser as well.

’The boys are fit and we’ve been better in the last few months’....bollocks. We got the wins against City and Spurs but that means nothing when you lose against Watford, Arsenal and Bournemouth.

passing-wind

Toothless manager, Solskjaer has absolutely no ambition, no managerially ability or any useful integrity. He's an absolute embarrassment to our club, legend of a player absolutely disgrace as a manager.

Brophs

The One and Only
A lot of the stuff he's saying in the media makes him look weak and like he's pandering to the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.